Aetherius Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aetherius Network

International multi-gaming guild since 2006.

HomeAetheriusEventsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Come chat with us on Discord! It's where everyone is at now! https://discord.gg/aBSngGf
Check out our Aetherius Network Facebook Page to see upcoming news and/or enter giveaways.
Follow us on Twitter!

Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara

Go down 
+17
Nazgul
Neoyoshi
madryno
Supamoe
Regalis
Ryuyoko
Evocator
Darkender
atreides6874
Thania
Facade
Snow
Dias
ash
Buffie
AxLR0Se
Shu
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Facade
Advisory Board
Advisory Board
Facade

Male
Number of posts : 1036
IGN[Game NickName] : Facade, Tsunami, Tsunade
Current Status : Normal
Registration date : 2010-02-01

Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 3:44 am

Shu you need to stop being so negative about games so early on.

Everyone playing different beta's giving basic reviews from up coming mmo's on how 'they' have found the beta so far.
You are coming up with too many 'If' "But's and 'Maybe' before testing or giving the games a chance lately.

All of us gamers by now are fairly aware of problems in mmo games which can be breakers and not fun for players like : Lag, Ping, Server performance, Internet performance, home machine performance, So except for our 'Home machines' the other issues we cant change so we have to wait and see. Like you mentioned not enough Information yet to test it, I'm looking forward to open beta when they strain the servers and pvp happens.

As for RMT That will always be a problem in any game more so in asian origin mmo's it seems but they are certainly doing a number on all mmo's now. But this game like so many others now have forms of currentcy in game via PvP tokens rift tokens etc that 'Help' lower RMT since standed income is not as valueable.
I seen No bots, RMT spam of any kind during beta, but again this will be something I imagine will happen in open beta and release, so how bad will have to wait and see. I did knowtice that GM's during beta were very active, which was a good sign.

And i re-state in 13 years of MMO gaming/beta testing now, Rift and DCUO have been the smoothest closed beta's i have ever seen, and I've played alot. So thats another +1 for these 2 mmo's so far.

My current only 2 negative comments about Rift so far would be the Character models(need more minor body morphing, size width) and no AA, but those are not game breakers for me, just minor irritations :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now back to some rift details:

Theres currently 32 availible classes in beta, only 20 are displayed on there website, there may be more coming aswell. 4 Standard base classes
From basic info i gathered playing alot of them was:

Warrior- x8 (maybe 3 viable tank type classes, 5x dps/utility fighters)

Rogue- x8 (maybe 2 tank/offtank rogues, 2 long range, 4 DPS/Utility)

Cleric- x8 (3 Melee clerics with interesting heals, 3 main healers each different specialtys AoE/group, single target and HoT types. 2 Longrange DPS's one sigle target the other AoE dps.

Mage- x8 (mages have a very wide range of Utility ranging from multiple Pet classes to CC, Healing buffs and debuffs all could do impressive dps in different ways.

I cant go into details on them due to NDA but you can check basic info on the 5 listed in each class http://www.riftgame.com/en/classes/index.php

Neatest thing is being able to mix upto 3 Souls hybrids, or you can go pure class and put all the points into one to get the 51pt abilty, Even having no points in the other souls they still have there starting skills fr equiping the soul which can be lvled up.
ex: equiping Sentinel will give you there instant cast heal default* or for a rogue equiping ranger you get there pet without spending points etc.

There was also an amazing amount of interface and options to improve your gameplay, which at the start seemed limited.
Like Targeting: You can smart target so when you spam a skill it auto attacks the nearest hostile rather than tab scrolling. There was alot of target/main target options to help the player, i didn't have a chance to test them all but it was nice to see them there.
You can rearange your keys how ever u like, bind your keys to your mouse or what ever place u prefer.

As mentioned by developers before, "they took the things that worked from other mmo's and put them all together here"

So far i'm very positive about the future direction of this game, ofcourse time will tell like all mmo's. (and sorry for the wall of txt) :p
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male
Number of posts : 10794
IGN[Game NickName] : Ashura/Iori Yagami
Current Status : Busy at Work
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 7:22 am

sorry facade heh.i been disappointed by too many mmo already to know to trust what i see during starting beta test ^^

but i will keep an eye on this and see how it goes heh.
Back to top Go down
Facade
Advisory Board
Advisory Board
Facade

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 5:48 pm

I know how ya feel i've been much the same lately, but i'm trying to be positive hehe. I really badly want a game we can all for the most part enjoy as a community.

Really missing a good community game lately.

Hopefully one comes along soon.
Back to top Go down
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male
Number of posts : 6807
IGN[Game NickName] : Snow, Nuts, Nut, Snowball, Splash, Snowy
Current Status : Busy at School
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 6:33 pm

I'd suggest Legend of Edda to spend some time for now, you can stick to grade 1 to do some low lvl pvping, or if ya really like the game lvl a 2nd char or go to grade 2

grade 1 is lvl 1~20
grade 2 is lvl 20~40

Anyways it's pvp whole day long, so pretty fun to jump in kill some people and log off again. Besides that it has quite a fun dungeoning system.

Well I got a char on the Titans side in case anyone wants to join heh
Back to top Go down
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/8485/1snowflakecardmadebyneoc
Evocator
Raider
Raider
Evocator

Male
Number of posts : 806
Current Status : unknown
Registration date : 2008-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 10:17 pm

Shu wrote:
sorry facade heh.i been disappointed by too many mmo already to know to trust what i see during starting beta test ^^

but i will keep an eye on this and see how it goes heh.

I fail to see why there is a need to be disappointed. About mmos? If there was a perfect one, the mmo market will collapse. About trusting what you see? It is a sound approach that never failed me.

Off topic:
Companies like Apple and McDonalds invest a lot in marketing and appearances. Reason is most people simply make decisions based on what they see. But for mmos, making a final decision about a game should never be based on that alone.

Back to topic:
An important thing to note about the Rift is an in-game feedback submission feature. I personally feel that players invited for a beta should be proactive in feedback; report bugs or suggest minor features

DCUO also adopts this approach and the latest patch for that game added several major submitted suggestions (I suggested the quest cutscene gallery).

How to avoid disappointment? Just know that beta testing is meant to help developers improve a game, and not how to make one.

Back to top Go down
Regalis
Commander
Commander
Regalis

Male
Number of posts : 1438
IGN[Game NickName] : Regalis, FxArch, Ashlan, Denna
Current Status : Happy
Registration date : 2008-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 1:21 pm

Snow wrote:
I'd suggest Legend of Edda to spend some time for now, you can stick to grade 1 to do some low lvl pvping, or if ya really like the game lvl a 2nd char or go to grade 2

grade 1 is lvl 1~20
grade 2 is lvl 20~40

Anyways it's pvp whole day long, so pretty fun to jump in kill some people and log off again. Besides that it has quite a fun dungeoning system.

Well I got a char on the Titans side in case anyone wants to join heh
Always fun to play games with ya! clap
Back to top Go down
http://www.cebt-tribe.com
Darkender
Commander
Commander
Darkender

Male
Number of posts : 621
IGN[Game NickName] : Darkender
Registration date : 2010-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 7:59 pm

next beta, 28-31 December, and they remove the NDA from that day on :)
Back to top Go down
Supamoe
Leaders Council
Leaders Council
Supamoe

Male
Number of posts : 872
IGN[Game NickName] : Supamoe
Registration date : 2008-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 5:24 am

I got in , Who else is in? because my other guys didnt get in and i dont think i want to play this alone lol
Back to top Go down
Darkender
Commander
Commander
Darkender

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 8:19 am

I did, and 2 of my friends also did, were playing in "Lotham" if ur interested ^^
Back to top Go down
Facade
Advisory Board
Advisory Board
Facade

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 3:02 pm

I'll be on Seastone, simply because i already have a lvl 20 there now otherwise i would swap :)
Back to top Go down
Darkender
Commander
Commander
Darkender

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 3:06 pm

D: lvl 20 wthhhhh, lol my defiant is lvl 16 i think and my guardian lvl 12 -.-
Back to top Go down
Supamoe
Leaders Council
Leaders Council
Supamoe

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 7:48 pm

Darkender wrote:
I did, and 2 of my friends also did, were playing in "Lotham" if ur interested ^^

K the more the merrier , ill see you on Lotham when CB3 starts , What would you recommend as a main like good tank/damage class guys?

What race are you guys going? Defiant or Guardian?
Back to top Go down
Darkender
Commander
Commander
Darkender

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 8:01 pm

Paragon for loads of damage, at least what ive seen.

Warlord for lots of Buffs and debuffs

Beast master you get a pet and lots of deffensive and offensive abilitys.

maybe Paladin

and dunno what is the 7th war class :o
Back to top Go down
Facade
Advisory Board
Advisory Board
Facade

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 10:09 pm

Just thought I'd repost what one of the beta testers researched. Was an interesting topic, and may help settle some peoples minds on large scale events and lag etc, or atleast improve there ideas on it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I have been around for the last two beta tests and something that caught my eye was the amount of people complaining that Rift was not next-gen and they were falsely advertising it as such. I too was a little confused because other than the class system being some what new and cool, the game looked very similar to other MMOs out there. So I went searching.

First, I found a very interesting post from back in June showing a video of Trion Worlds CEO Lars Buttler talking to the Standford business school. In the talk, he discusses entrepreneurship mainly but mentioned cloud computing as a back end for MMO games. This is interesting and immediately made sense with what I had seen in the game. After Scott Hartsman's Beta 2 wrap-up post where he mentioned the massive invasions I understood why Rift is next-gen.

It is not the front end, but the back end. Having the servers running on a cloud rather than as individuals allows for massively dynamic content. The reason the servers held up so well during the massive invasions and heavy load is because the load is shared through a cloud. This may seem trivial, but what it means is that Rift and Trion Worlds can have a massive amount of units (NPCs and PCs) in one area without crashing a server which allows for a lot more massive scale content. This also means this content can be done dynamically because the server-side processing is no longer a bottleneck. There have also been numerous interviews with Scott that say these large scale invasions are going to be a regular thing, so it is apparent that they plan to use this new back end they have created to give us some pretty awesome content.

The reason I post this is only to bring to light something that some may not have noticed. I'm not claiming to be an expert on anything with MMO design, as I do not work in the industry, and I can't claim that I know Rift is the only ones doing this. However, I now understand why Rift is called next gen and Trion was able to raise 100 million dollars in investment funding. I am excited for what this will mean for group play and hope that this will help some of the people who are claiming Rift is not next gen understand why it actually is.

source----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jq6NvA7eKCM

Developer from beta---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ONCE UPON A TIME in a land called Telara, 573 Guardian players were minding their own business in a region called Silverwood. They were frolicking and levelling, and levelling and questing, and looting and laughing, collecting and crafting.... Ah! What a peaceful time it was.

And then, the world exploded.

Dozens of rifts, invasions, bosses, real gameplay objectives (and rewards coming soon!), dramatic skies, music shifts -- the whole package. Our first event on a truly massive scale.

Beyond the gameplay, what you're seeing is part of the story of Prince Hylas Aelfwar, and the Battle for Silverwood.

If you were there, we hope you enjoyed it. If you missed one of the times it ran: What you're seeing is the first of many, and we hope you get to see them soon.

We've been playing this pretty close to the vest. We didn't want to go promising things until we were able to prove this all worked and was fun, in front of a full-size Beta audience.

There are a lot of ways to tell epic stories in MMOs. Cutscenes are cool (we have a few of those). Voiced vignettes can be neat (we have some of those too). Giving you your own private experience can work well too.

In RIFT, we'd like you to be able to play through these events yourself. (The first M in MMO does stand for "Massive.") That's where we're going.

In the event above, there were 573 player participants. All in one part of the world, and the world held up like a champ. Different raids, groups, and soloists taking on different parts of the event.

As a long time MMO player, I'd call it "exactly what I've been waiting for."

We're thrilled to see the comments from people who were pleasantly shocked that this is what we had in mind when we've been talking about epic scale events.

This event was for levels 8-20, complete with group encounters and raid bosses, and the reactions were amazingly positive.

It was a lot of fun to give you this preview of the first of many more types of events -- both large and small.

We've had a ton of feedback on other subjects as well -- Time is short and we have a lot to do between now and the next beta. Here are a few other key things we've taken away from all of the testing so far.

Classes and Souls: People like the system. They want more of it. They want to be able to play with more options, sooner -- Both in terms of the numbers of points they can invest, as well as the numbers of souls and how they roll out. We hear you, and we agree.

The system really does play at its best once you have a pool of points to play with. That said, those high-end 51 point abilities look like fun too. What isn't fun is asking people to make that kind of choice at the high end: Do I forsake the fun of the system to get the power I feel that I need in that 51 point ability?

In our system, it's possible to give people even more choices by getting more points and more souls, faster. We can let people get all the way to a top-end soul ability if they choose, and still be able to have points to spend elsewhere into two other souls.

In time for Beta 3, expect to see all of the souls available to choose from the outset, more souls available earlier in the experience, and more total points to spend. The system is there, and it's fun, and there's no reason to hide it from people.

We're confident that it's the right thing to do to get more fun into the system. It's more work, but it's the kind of work we're betting you'd want your developers focused on.

Soul Preview: This one was always on the list of things we'd like to do. After Beta 1, it got promoted to the top of it. It made the "We absolutely need this" list after Beta 2. The goal is to get it out there in time for Beta 3.

Pet Naming: I didn't call this one out after Beta 1, but it was already on the list then. Since people keep asking about it specifically, we'd like to add that it should be out in time for Beta 3.

The Silverwood Music Bug: Yes, we're fixing this. :)

There will be more improvements beyond these in time for Beta 3, but there's a really short cycle between now and then, and we're trying to make sure we can do everything above and more.

We look forward to seeing you next round, playing with more souls, and more massive events and more zone boss invaders!

If you haven't seen them, you just haven't seen RIFT.

See you in Beta 3!

- The Rift Development Team

(NDA from closed beta has been lifted btw)
Back to top Go down
madryno
Celestial Guard
Celestial Guard
madryno

Male
Number of posts : 196
IGN[Game NickName] : madryno
Registration date : 2009-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 12:03 am

this cloud server system and the "massive" goal of this dev team has me excited for the game, and seeing what content i have sure is reminiscent way back early 98 doing EQ beta

clearly these guys are smart, working on the backend first, rather than making a pretty game lacking content lol

cute sht only takes a game so far

any idea on projected OB timeframe?
Back to top Go down
Facade
Advisory Board
Advisory Board
Facade

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 12:09 am

I would be guessing OB would be late january, from the CB phases they have been cleaning up a few minor bugs etc.

What I've been most impressed with in CB1 and CB2 is the things people complained about during the both were responed too by the dev's and fixed in the following beta, They are actually listening to the community.
Which is unheard of in most betas lol.
Back to top Go down
Facade
Advisory Board
Advisory Board
Facade

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 2:44 am

They have released a couple more classes on the official website
http://www.riftgame.com/en/classes/ for those that care^^

Full current class/soul list

Warrior

1.Beastmaster
2.Champion
3.Paladin
4.Paragon
5.Reaver
6.Riftblade
7.Void Knight
8.Warlord

Cleric

1.Cabalist
2.Druid
3.Purifier
4.Inquisitor
5.Justicar
6.Sentinel
7.Shaman
8.Warden

Rogue

1.Assassin
2.Bard
3.Blade Dancer
4.Marksman
5.Nightblade
6.Ranger
7.Riftstalker
8.Saboteur

Mage

1.Archon
2.Chloromancer
3.Dominator
4.Elementalist
5.Necromancer
6.Pyromancer
7.Storm Caller
8.Warlock

Now there are other unconfirmed Souls. During beta some players managed to see some.
There were 4 pvp souls one for each class. Obtained via the vendor through pvp reward.

And one player managed to obtain a Soul via crafting, which was kinda odd.

Mage:
9.Archmage
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 12:15 pm

There are 32 classes for Rift: Planes of Telara so far. Every class has
been confirmed from a reliable source. From the Rift website to gaming
conventions where many attendees confirmed a class. Let's see about it.

CLASSES
In the Ascended class system, Soul Attunement is the player' s ability
to commune with the souls of Telara' s honored dead and gain their
powers and abilities. Each Calling has a unique selection of souls that
can be embraced by the player, providing nearly endless opportunity to
discover the path that' s right for them!

[D] Defiant - This class is selectable at character creation for the Defiant. Guardians can play this class later in the game.
[G] Guardian - This class is selectable at character creation for the Guardians. Defiant can play this class later in the game.
[H] Heroic Class - This is a class that can not be selected at character creation and must be earned through other means.

Warrior
Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 4 561864d57dbed518066cf72ce75f7c2e

1. Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 4 4958f9b326fda74339ad837cda3e4fb5Champion

Champions are powerful Warriors who excel at melee combat. Wielding
massive two-handed weapons, these battle-tested fighters find few equals
in one-on-one battle. Champions strive to become one with their blade,
constantly honing their fighting skills to win glory through warfare.
Strengths
A Champion's legendary strength allows him or her to move with startling
speed, closing with opponents to wreak destruction with their
two-handed weapons.
Weaknesses
Quick to answer the call to arms, Champions often rush into battle with
reckless abandon, and can find themselves vulnerable to sneak attacks
and well-organized assaults from multiple adversaries.
Reavers are warriors who combine the art of combat with the entropic
energies of death. The slightest touch of their weapon can spread
disease, incite madness, and death to those unlucky enough to face them.

2. Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 4 5ed66faed2f97fe16f0dd0423e6da0eeReaver [D]
Although Reavers can wield a full range of armors and weapons, they are
most effective in heavy armor, carrying a shield in one hand and a
weapon in the other. Reavers undermine an enemy's ability to fight back,
grinding opponents down until they succumb.
Strengths
Reavers specialize in damage-over-time effects that weaken both the mind
and body, crippling an opponent's ability to mount a successful
offense.
Weaknesses
Like death itself, Reavers grind down their opponents slowly; but as
such they are not effective at quickly neutralizing a single opponent.

3. Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 4 5096120b59c6e71b8d543b9c9a49d91ePaladin [G]
Righteous defenders of the weak, Paladins use heavy shields and divine
blessings to stand as a bulwark against their foes. The Paladin' s large
shield not only offers protection, but affords many opportunities to
launch devastating counters in close combat.
Strengths
A Paladin excels in using a shield to turn aside incoming assaults and
launch powerful counterattacks. This martial skill, and the divine
blessings of their patron gods, allows Paladins to extend their
protection to nearby allies.
Weaknesses
Heavy arms and armor do not allow for quick movement, so Paladins have a
hard time dealing with opponents at range, or with those who weave
powerful magic, against which metal plates offer no protection.

4. Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 4 40bfe3a493ad7a31d0cfdd309005dc70Warlord [H]
A Warlord' s commanding presence expresses itself in auras that inspire
her comrades to victory and cow her enemies into submission, allowing
her to control the field of battle.
Strengths
Warlords can draw upon vast tactical experience, empowering their allies
and weakening their enemies to change the course of battle.
Weaknesses
The Warlord' s focus on enhancing the capabilities of her allies leaves her vulnerable when isolated from friendly ranks.

5. Beastmaster [H]
6. Paragon [H]
7. Riftblade [H]
8. Void Knight [H]

Cleric
Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 4 26799c8ad361cbcbd66bfca604aa574f

1. Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 4 A00e7c40a42c430cc744d62f6caedfa2Purifier [D]
The tradition of the Purifier begins with a baptism by fire, a test of
faith from which only the strongest souls emerge. Those who pass are
reborn as masters of the curative secrets of fire, able to heal the most
grievous wounds with a searing touch.
These Clerics also draw upon a pact with their long-dead ancestors as
the source of their offensive power. While Purifiers wreathe their
allies in flames, they can unleash a spirit vanguard to visit wrath upon
their foes.
Strengths
Purifiers dedicate themselves to mastering the healing properties of
fire, and as such are potent support Clerics who can burn away disease
and instantly cauterize the most horrific wounds.
Weaknesses
Purifiers are not known for their offensive capabilities, and while they
are capable of marshaling the fury of their ancestors to strike down
foes, they rapidly lose ground against the focused assault of a
determined melee combatant.

2. Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 4 62fdd6e9eb86bfd0e6cd96458dbf02e4Inquisitor
The Inquisitor is a cleric who no longer follows the doctrines of life
or death alone; instead, they stand between these forces demanding
purity from both. An Inquisitor passes judgment on those who are worthy,
and damns those who are corrupt.
Their true strength is derived from their extreme faith; as such, they
forgo heavy armaments in favor of a simple hauberk of chain and a sturdy
maul.
Although Inquisitors will never achieve the great heights of power from
choosing an exclusive life or death path, their ability to harness and
manipulate both energies make them extremely valuable companions.
Strengths
An Inquisitor is a potent one-on-one combatant who specializes in mixing
life and death magic, stealing their opponent's greatest strengths and
making it their own.
Weaknesses
Because they stand between the threshold of life and death, Inquisitors
give up the strength found in those who walk a pure path. For that
reason, they cannot support their allies in battle as strongly as other,
more specialized clerics.

3.Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 4 572ae010024cc8a387c35ec60a87dbfcSentinel [G]
The Sentinel brings the blessings of light to all who do the will of the
gods. Capable of healing many wounded at one time, Sentinels bolster
their allies and protect themselves with divine wrath.
Strengths
Sentinels are defensive clerics who excel at group support. Their divine
powers aid the weak and ensure that everyone in their group lives
through the fray.
Weaknesses
Sentinels sacrifice offense for a strong defense, and thus struggle to deal massive damage to their opponents.

4.Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 4 Aff7b146dd5bcf059d09ef283e1aa137Justicar
Justicars are healing clerics who fight shoulder-to-shoulder with their
allies in close combat. Conviction builds with each swing of their
weapon, bolstering nearby comrades and powering the Justicar' s potent
healing magic.
Strengths
A Justicar' s healing comes from damage dealt in close combat. Thus he
can survive and thrive in the thick of the fighting while ensuring his
allies do the same.
Weaknesses
A Justicar' s divine magic depends upon his melee prowess, so foes are wise to try and keep the Justicar from the front lines.

5. Cabalist
6. Druid
7. Shaman
8. Warden

Rogue
Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 4 9241c38e33e75ee24275008886037435

1. Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 4 6413362014dbeb3509c3dcea2421064fNightblade [D]
Possessing deadly agility and mastery of the blade, the Nightblade can
also draw upon the planar magics of fire and death to deal doom in a
variety of ways. Favoring light armor, their ability to stalk and
quickly eliminate their adversaries means the unfortunate quarry rarely
has the chance to defend, let alone counterattack.
Strengths
A Nightblade' s stealth and proficiency with weapons can dispatch
enemies quickly and silently, while their knowledge of arcane magic
gives them versatility in dealing a wide variety of damage.
Weaknesses
Preferring the element of surprise and precise, killing blows, the
Nightblade has trouble enduring a lengthy battle. Wearing only lighter
armor, the Nightblade is better suited to sneak attacks or hit-and-run
tactics.

2. Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 4 188dbab3c0946af18eba7f43369179fcRanger
Rangers are consummate hunters who know the strengths and weaknesses of
every beast, taming animal companions to augment their considerable
prowess in ranged combat. This synergy between bow and beast allows
Rangers to handily overcome the most daunting obstacles.
Strengths
An expert woodsman and archer, the Ranger excels at striking from range,
while their animal companion harries the opponent in close combat.
Weaknesses
Without an animal companion, a Ranger is but a simple archer, and while
still quite deadly, can no longer mount a strong defense in close
combat.

3. Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 4 C4120a7ddb7976d63ec9486716f152a5Assassin [G]
Masters of subtlety and subterfuge, an Assassin' s ability to walk in
the shadows allows them to bypass obstacles and launch devastating
surprise attacks. A rare few survive the initial assault, only to
succumb to virulent poisons.
Strengths
Assassins are trained to meld with the shadows, bypassing defenses and
launching potent surprise attacks with their poisoned blades.
Weaknesses
Assassins must choose their targets carefully, or wind up in desperate
straits if they forfeit the element of surprise or attack a foe who can
shrug off the venom from their blades.

4. Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 4 Fc17ccd8b1235e4e6aba6b13444b3456Blade Dancer [H]
Blade Dancers are masters of wielding edged weapons. They specialize in
ritualized combat movements that are lightning fast. Blade Dancers can
overwhelm even an accomplished opponent's defenses, setting them up for a
devastating coup de grace.
Lithe and agile, a Blade Dancer cherishes unimpeded movement over
heavier protection, so they wear only light armors (such as leather)
into combat. Extremely competent and aware, a Blade Dancer's weapons
tend to be the only defensive protection they need. Unfortunately for
their enemies, these blades aren't just used for defense, but offense as
well.
Strengths
The Blade Dancer's mastery of edged weapons allows them to unleash
devastating close combat attacks in quick succession. Their honed skills
and supernatural agility allow them to avoid incoming attacks for short
periods of time and launch lethal sneak attacks on the unwary.
Weaknesses
Once a Blade Dancer's fury is spent, their light armor offers scant
protection. They must quickly overcome their opponent's defenses or face
defeat themselves.

5. Bard [H]
6. Marksman [H]
7. Riftstalker [H]
8. Saboteur [H]

Mage
Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 4 Ebbec0e8537aec6a82563662f4f60684
1. Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 4 37b280372a052ef85e3ad7b9f66ce776Elementalist
Elementalists are mages who specialize in manipulating and controlling
the raw energies of the planes. Through fierce discipline and strict
study, these mages dedicate themselves to commanding the harshest and
most chaotic forces known to exist.
Elementalists are recognized by their emaciated bodies and physical
frailty, as they commit every ounce of energy toward strengthening their
mental abilities. Their planar powers are typically channeled through
enchanted staves of lightweight wood or steel, and they wear only the
flimsiest of cloth vestments for protection.
Strengths
The will of an Elementalist is so powerful that it allows the mage to
manifest the elements and bind them to physical form, ripping them from
the planes and using them as allies in battle. Each elemental has its
own strengths and weaknesses, making the Elementalist a flexible and
potent force on the field of battle.
Weaknesses
Their greatest strength is also their greatest weakness, for an
Elementalist without their summoned minions is just a frail scholar with
minor magic at their disposal.

2. Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 4 Cfb54388945fda1744d323f09fd2f1ebWarlock [D]
Consummate practitioners of the dark arts, Warlocks embrace the grim
forces of entropy and death. Protected within a cloak of shadows, they
lurk on the edges of the conflict, as their deadly energies inevitably
consume all that stand in their way.
Strengths
Warlocks specialize in destructive curses that eat away at an opponent' s
body and soul. A Warlock is capable of rapidly spreading their blight
across the battlefield, or focusing all of their entropic power to
eradicate a single target in mere moments.
Weaknesses
Warlocks can cast their lethal curses with but a word, but like death
itself, they are slow and inexorable. This gives enemies a small window
of opportunity to overcome them with a rapid and brutal assault.

3.Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 4 F6751bb57fbe7b4230b210ece3f6ece8Pyromancer [G]
Pyromancers are destructive mages whose sole focus is the mastery of
fire, from launching massive incinerating blasts, to trapping their
opponents behind a smoldering wall of flame. No other Ascended can match
the sheer destruction at the Pyromancer' s fingertips.
Strengths
Pyromancers keep their enemies at bay with well-placed fire spells, until they can be immolated at the Pyromancer' s leisure.
Weaknesses
Pyromancers excel at roasting their enemies from afar, and so must be
wary of foes able to charge into melee quickly or defend themselves
against searing flames.

4. Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 4 0b7f737e5dbba02e187347a4b2665b3dStorm Caller
Stormcallers are mages who channel the raw fury of the wind and water to
command the battlefield, chilling their opponents to the bone or
stopping their hearts with electric shock.
Strengths
Stormcallers weave Air and Water magic together, their spells reaching
heights of devastation in concert they could not achieve individually.
Weaknesses
Just as a storm cannot be wind or rain alone, the Stormcaller must
combine spells to reach peak devastation. They thus take longer to warm
up than other mages and are vulnerable to foes who know how to interrupt
their rotation.

Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 4 6c1dcbc99df52609a4b27b8ac2f7b30a
5. Archon
6. Chloromancer
7. Dominator
8. Necromancer

Group/Raid Role for each class:

Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 4 3452fb5638161790fba1602d90959b82

Click the links to get more class introduction info:

http://www.riftseekers.com/forums/
http://telarapedia.com/wiki/Class
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 12:18 pm

there is a low chance i will play this seeing its a pretty generic mmo style/graphics with not much surprise install.but i agreed its a pretty alright mmo and much cheaper then f2p mmo if u intend to go long term.

for myself i will focus more on swtor and other upcoming mmo to find my pvp mmo ^^.even tot swtor have bad char design but they are getting better and the gameplay seems to be nice.
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 6:04 pm

Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 4 186009

To coincide with today's launch of Rift's third closed beta event, Trion Worlds just revealed the items you can receive by purchasing the collector's edition or pre-ordering the game!
The collector's edition will include an Ancient Taragon Mount, a
Collector's Satchel and a Bogling Wastrel pet. You'll also get a bunch
of physical items in the box, including the game's soundtrack and a
hardcover graphic novel that contains the entire Telara Chronicles miniseries.

Players who pre-order either the standard
or collector’s edition of Rift will get to choose one of three in-game
pets and will receive an exclusive weapon enchantment. All the details
can be found after the jump.

So will you be purchasing the collector's edition or pre-ordering the game? Which items interest you the most?

Collector's edition items
Exclusive in-game digital items:

• Ancient Tartagon Mount: Available at level 20, this turtle mount increases player speed by 60%
  • Collector’s Satchel: Increases the size of your primary backpack to 24 slots
  • Bogling Wastrel: This unique pet sets you apart from the other Ascended

Exclusive in-box premium items:

• 8GB USB Drive: Exclusive flash drive branded with the Rift logo
  • Official Rift Soundtrack: Featuring 17 epic tracks from acclaimed game composer Inon Zur
  • SteelSeries gaming mouse pad featuring detailed art of a blistering Fire Rift
  • Telara Chronicles Trade Hardcover: All five issues of the gripping graphic novel miniseries based on the Rift universe in one limited-edition hardbound book

Pre-order items
Those who pre-order either the standard or Collector’s Edition of Rift will receive their choice of the following in-game pets:

• Cockatrice Chick
  • Deep One Spawnling
  • Hellhound Pup

Additionally, players who pre-purchase the game at select retailers
will get one of the following exclusive weapon enchantments. Each rune
grants your character +3 Endurance and protects against that element.

• Blazing Sourcestone Rune (Steam): Fire touches your weapon, causing it to burst into flame (+10 Fire Resist)
  • Crystalline Sourcestone Rune (Amazon): Earth touches you weapon, encasing it in crystal (+10 Earth Resist)
  • Frozen Sourcestone Rune (Best Buy): Water touches your weapon, encasing it in frost (+10 Water Resist)
  • Pulsing Sourcestone Rune (Direct2Drive): Life touches your weapon, causing it to pulse with life energy (+10 Life Resist)
  • Shrouded Sourcestone Rune (Trion direct and all other 3rd party digital retailers): Death touches your weapon, shrouding it in darkness (+10 Death Resist)
  • Swirling Sourcestone Rune (GameStop): Air touches your weapon, wreathing it in lightning (+10 Air Resist)
Back to top Go down
Facade
Advisory Board
Advisory Board
Facade

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 6:24 pm

pretty nice bonus items for Collectors and preorder, and it also mentions digital copy there too so you can D/L it.
Back to top Go down
Supamoe
Leaders Council
Leaders Council
Supamoe

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 1:57 am

I have 2 accounts for anyone who wants to play this garbage ass game? Just PM me and ill send it quick
Back to top Go down
Evocator
Raider
Raider
Evocator

Male
Number of posts : 806
Current Status : unknown
Registration date : 2008-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 4:59 am

garbage ass game? lol, I say it's a decent mmo. But I'll give this a skip due to the slightly dated graphics and lack of originality.

The Rift concept is cool and the cloud-based game server is solid but it still feels like another WoW (sorry for comparing) to me.

I rather take a shot by waiting for Tera Online if I seek a traditional mmorpg.
Back to top Go down
Supamoe
Leaders Council
Leaders Council
Supamoe

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 6:38 am

Evocator wrote:
garbage ass game? lol, I say it's a decent mmo. But I'll give this a skip due to the slightly dated graphics and lack of originality.

The Rift concept is cool and the cloud-based game server is solid but it still feels like another WoW (sorry for comparing) to me.

I rather take a shot by waiting for Tera Online if I seek a traditional mmorpg.

Well thats what i mean by garbage lol , its exactly like every other game you've played or tried. im looking for something new , a Next-Gen MMO , Not a mouse-target - button mashing 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9 MMO type game for now. Especially that it seems very slow paced.
Im just waiting for mmos like DC , Tera , Blade and Soul - The next gen ones that consist of aim-to-attack type of games. Quick paced MMO's and such. Once i entered this the movement is horrendous and like you say its exactly like another WoW.
Back to top Go down
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male
Number of posts : 6807
IGN[Game NickName] : Snow, Nuts, Nut, Snowball, Splash, Snowy
Current Status : Busy at School
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 9:38 am

Lemme know if ya find something worth it Moe
Back to top Go down
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/8485/1snowflakecardmadebyneoc
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next