Aetherius Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aetherius Network

International multi-gaming guild since 2006.

HomeAetheriusEventsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Come chat with us on Discord! It's where everyone is at now! https://discord.gg/aBSngGf
Check out our Aetherius Network Facebook Page to see upcoming news and/or enter giveaways.
Follow us on Twitter!

Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara

Go down 
+17
Nazgul
Neoyoshi
madryno
Supamoe
Regalis
Ryuyoko
Evocator
Darkender
atreides6874
Thania
Facade
Snow
Dias
ash
Buffie
AxLR0Se
Shu
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Supamoe
Leaders Council
Leaders Council
Supamoe

Male
Number of posts : 872
IGN[Game NickName] : Supamoe
Current Status : Normal
Registration date : 2008-06-13

Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 10:07 am

Snow wrote:
Lemme know if ya find something worth it Moe

How you been Snowy ? You been playing anything lately ?
Back to top Go down
Darkender
Commander
Commander
Darkender

Male
Number of posts : 621
IGN[Game NickName] : Darkender
Registration date : 2010-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 11:11 am

Supamoe wrote:
Snow wrote:
Lemme know if ya find something worth it Moe

How you been Snowy ? You been playing anything lately ?

yeah lets use RIFT thread to talk about our lives :3

Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 5 Haters_Gonna_Hate_03
Back to top Go down
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male
Number of posts : 6807
IGN[Game NickName] : Snow, Nuts, Nut, Snowball, Splash, Snowy
Current Status : Busy at School
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 12:29 pm

Been assraping lil kids in Legend Of Edda, but that's getting pretty old after a while

Kinda too busy with school and work, to test all the new games, but besides Vindictus (which I can't play since it's US only) nothing that came out lately seems to be good.

Was hoping Rift was worth it, since they seem to have spent quite some effort, but if it's WoW #9393949 then I guess I ll look further.
Back to top Go down
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/8485/1snowflakecardmadebyneoc
Facade
Advisory Board
Advisory Board
Facade

Male
Number of posts : 1036
IGN[Game NickName] : Facade, Tsunami, Tsunade
Registration date : 2010-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 5:01 pm

Keep on Topic and enough with the hate guys.

If you dislike the game thats fine, but dont call it a crap game for the only reason for being similar to so many other mmo's we've played.

I personally like the game. Yes the gfx are dated, but the game play is fun. This beta I spent raiding the guardian City, and helping Defiant NPC raids get footholds, also was able to run through the guardian instance. And helped repel some large scale invasions which resulted in some nice rewards.

As for next gen mmo's you'll gonna wait another year+ for something decent? and then probally complain again that its a ripoff, crap, disapointing costs to much etc.

DCU i enjoyed but like its been mention in the DCU post i too think it will have short term playability, definately more of a fun console mashing game log on pvp raid log out no stress.

Blade and Soul? at the rate thats going for information probally wont even release it, and our luck it will be a tipical asian super grind with terible lag.

Tera, again another game that looks nice, but is more of a console game mechanic, i have some friends that tested it they were not happy with the movements and lag for realtime combat. Plus we're looking for a PvP game right? this aint really a pvp game, though it is mentioned adding some in as an afterthought. http://www.pvpgamer.com/archives/266

So what other 'PvP' games are coming out 'soon' That will be Guild friendly, Machine Friendly and playable.?

I'm as fussy as the next person when it comes to gaming, But i prefer games that actually run over ones that dont, gfx or not and I spent all day PKing/Raiding on Rift as it was fun.

Rift is Playable, GfX are passable, there is World PvP(i even got a green sword off a player i killed), Rifts are new and fun, and it has a brilliant Guild system.

What other options do we have coming soon? Other than those mentioned above that have PvP(not instanced battlegrounds) probally only leaves f2p games.

(oh as for the WoW clone comments? Except for FFXIV, there hasn't been a game thats not similar in some way to WoW so you will always hear those comments no matter hoiw different the game is, plus its closer to WAR not WoW ;p, I disliked wow in the end, but i cant argue that it wasn't a good game because it clearly is so if Rift is using what 'Worked' from other MMO's' then Rift is atleast a viable game for those not wanting to play WoW.
Back to top Go down
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 5:42 pm

The wow comment isnt even ment as a comparison to wow, but a comparison to the 100 games that we played that all had same things and mechnanics, and only focused on making 1~3 things about their game special and fun to play
Once you had those few things that were fun in the game finished, it was all the same story again and not worth the move to the game.

What I mean is if the game has only enough fun factor to last for a week and after that it's mmo copy #100000 all over again then it's not something that invites me to play anymore, Simply because after playing so many mmos little innovations are simply too small.

For example DCUO looks like a game that ll be fun, even if it is worth fun for a month, at least thats a month worth of fun rather then 6months of tiresome gameplay.

As for gamebashing I am not bashing Rift, moe kinda does ok, I was kinda interested in the info they showed, but pretty much lost it after reading that it doesn't have something to offer that would make me want to play.
Back to top Go down
Facade
Advisory Board
Advisory Board
Facade

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 5:59 pm

Dont mind me Not targeting anyone, just that the last 5 games I've played recently, including FFXIV have had people comparing and complaining about WoW clones, I'm like WTF are you playing a new game to talk about WoW.

Go Back to WoW if you love wow so much lol. Just irritates me a bit.

I'm really wanting to find a 'guild' game we can all play, but coming up short. Since most new games are lacking in one or more key areas for community or guild gaming. They feel too solo or console to me lately.
If i wanted to play solo or Console games i would, i have plently of them on the ps3 and PC ya know.

Rift had nice guild elements, quests, ranking, achievments etc has potential.

The Rift concept is very neat too. last night there was an epic rift raid. consisted of Roaming around in a mass raid group Taking out 4+ generals of a Dark rift invasion then the boss to stop them taking over. Most of the land was dark, and while they occupy, you cant use the towns etc they control, means no shops or quest handins. I personally got a couple purple(epic) tokens to go towards my first purple gear. (green,Blue,Purple tokens recieced for participation in rift raids, and other random loot, one played even got a purple bunny vanity pet heh)
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male
Number of posts : 10794
IGN[Game NickName] : Ashura/Iori Yagami
Current Status : Busy at Work
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 8:46 pm

what facade says have some value.if u guys wish to play a pvp community game then i personally think rift have some merit to at least be consider for it.cheaper then playing f2p mmo if u stick around 3 months or longer that is for sure ^^

tera personally after watching the gameplay and pvp video i can see it is very restricted and will be unbalance once someone lag even a little.might be just me but i do not like the combat system there and do not see its potential for improvement in the areas i am looking for.however i do like tera other features like npc healers for dungeon should u cant find any etc so i wont be saying it totally out as well.

pvp mmo for long term personally i will be waiting a bit longer and test a few more mmo first like swtor/secret world/blade before i decide.for now gameplay wise i think swtor is good.only bad point atm is char graphic design is old style but i can bear with that.but still will have to test beta to confirm.
Back to top Go down
Supamoe
Leaders Council
Leaders Council
Supamoe

Male
Number of posts : 872
IGN[Game NickName] : Supamoe
Registration date : 2008-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 9:44 pm

Didn't really mean to bash the game but its definitely not my type of game. My bad if it offended you Facade :D , But its really like every other MMO youve played , im not comparing it to WoW because ive never played it but it has all similar factors like WoW , except Mechanics (WoW has faster and more sleek ones) but the fact that youll be playing the same thing like the last game youve played . Play it for 4-6 Months and then get bored of it. Like snow said , playing something NEW and different for 1-2 months is better than fatiguing yourself on something thats like every other MMO aspect for several months
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male
Number of posts : 10794
IGN[Game NickName] : Ashura/Iori Yagami
Current Status : Busy at Work
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 10:07 pm

we all here to give reviews so others can take into consideration ^^ and i am glad u guys are honest over it heh.

just sad we wont be finding a common pvp mmo anytime soon that most of us will be playing for the moment heh
Back to top Go down
Facade
Advisory Board
Advisory Board
Facade

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 10:27 pm

Thats whats kinda sucky about P2P games alot of money to fork out only to decide your not gonna play it more than 2 months.

But I dont see any other PvP mmo's coming out for atleast another year worth looking at :(

@Moe np dude I wasn't offended, I'd just really like an mmo we can all play. The last one i played with you'll was Aika and we had 100+ 'Active' players looking to kick some butt, now that was fun even if short lived. To me I didn't much like Aika as a game, but i liked the community pvp part. ^^
Back to top Go down
Evocator
Raider
Raider
Evocator

Male
Number of posts : 806
Current Status : unknown
Registration date : 2008-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 10:18 am

I blame myself for mentioning the W-word in this topic...I will try my best not to mention that mmorpg again.

I'm not sure what is truly a 'nextGen' feature in mmo. I do however know that new ideas can quickly catch on. A dynamic mmo world was also mentioned in upcoming title trailers like Guild Wars 2.

I dare say it Rift = last ten years worth of traditional mmorpg attempts. This mmo did not disappoint me when I tested it - I am hard pressed to say anything poor about it save the lack of originality. But releasing it at the start of a new decade? I'm not sure what the rest of you folks think but I feel that it's too late even if it's an award winning guild oriented mmo.

Last edited by Evocator on Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:27 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 10:24 am

Pass me one of those accounts, so I can see for myself how it is.
Kinda feel bad judging a game without even testing.
Back to top Go down
Facade
Advisory Board
Advisory Board
Facade

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 5:29 pm

Check ya PM snow^^
Back to top Go down
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 6:58 pm

Thanks Facade

As for whoever is playing this looks like an awesomely handy tool to figure your builds in advance. I might be wrong but usually I use something like this on other games too.
http://www.riftrolebuilder.com/
Back to top Go down
Facade
Advisory Board
Advisory Board
Facade

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 9:18 pm

ahh good likes like the rolebuilder has been updated again
Back to top Go down
Darkender
Commander
Commander
Darkender

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 1:43 pm

lol, bunch of people from Aika playing on Lotham, saw Watter and like 4-5 more people from Aika haha.

Only bad thing about the rolebuilder is u cant see the pics :/, kinda confuses me at times.

EDIT: The talent trees are kinda outdated, my justiciar and shaman trees look nothing like those O_o
Back to top Go down
Darkender
Commander
Commander
Darkender

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 2:46 pm

Rift one of New York Time's most anticipated games of 2011

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/31/arts/31forward.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all
Back to top Go down
Neoyoshi
Grandpa
Grandpa
Neoyoshi

Male
Number of posts : 1711
IGN[Game NickName] : Neoyoshi
Current Status : Happy
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 6:31 pm

Haha, i just NOW checked my Rift account and found i had been invited to Beta_Event1_EN, though i think that one is over, also got an invite for Beta_Event3_EN, is that the current one?

I really thought the invites would have have come via e-mailed, i feel silly for not checking my account management.
Back to top Go down
Facade
Advisory Board
Advisory Board
Facade

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 6:41 pm

thats odd mine came via email heh
Back to top Go down
Darkender
Commander
Commander
Darkender

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 7:19 pm

Neoyoshi wrote:
Haha, i just NOW checked my Rift account and found i had been invited to Beta_Event1_EN, though i think that one is over, also got an invite for Beta_Event3_EN, is that the current one?

I really thought the invites would have have come via e-mailed, i feel silly for not checking my account management.

odd O_o i got a notification via email evey time i had been selected, like 5 days before the beta even started, did you check the spamm folder??

2 bad, beta event 3 ended today :/...

no idea when the next one is.
Back to top Go down
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 8:00 pm

Neo, you have to allow mails from them, or you ll never get the notification.
I had my mails turned off too, and had to turn em on after using the key that Facade gave to me.

And yea beta 3 just ended :S
Back to top Go down
Neoyoshi
Grandpa
Grandpa
Neoyoshi

Male
Number of posts : 1711
IGN[Game NickName] : Neoyoshi
Current Status : Happy
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 3:09 pm

Snow wrote:
Neo, you have to allow mails from them, or you ll never get the notification.
I had my mails turned off too, and had to turn em on after using the key that Facade gave to me.

And yea beta 3 just ended :S

Yeah i had just checked shortly afterward, i forgot their beta events usually only last a 3-4 days at most.

I was to busy with Cataclysm to stay on top of it, haha.
sweat
Back to top Go down
Facade
Advisory Board
Advisory Board
Facade

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 6:39 pm

I was in this invasion (beta3) was kindas fun, These bosses appeared everywhere, had to take alot of them out.
Got epic tokens for being part of it.(for tradein on items)

Back to top Go down
Darkender
Commander
Commander
Darkender

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 7:39 pm

Facade wrote:
I was in this invasion (beta3) was kindas fun, These bosses appeared everywhere, had to take alot of them out.
Got epic tokens for being part of it.(for tradein on items)

purple orbs?

was also there, they did 2 of those one in the early afternoon and one at night, got both orbs to trade for purple pants :D
Back to top Go down
Facade
Advisory Board
Advisory Board
Facade

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 1:05 am

yeh me too =)

Was heaps of fun. and inbetween events i was raiding the opposite Faction PKing them while they triede there events

I have a lvl 20 cleric Defiant
and lvl 20 warrior guardian
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next