Aetherius Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aetherius Network

International multi-gaming guild since 2006.

HomeAetheriusEventsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Come chat with us on Discord! It's where everyone is at now! https://discord.gg/aBSngGf
Check out our Aetherius Network Facebook Page to see upcoming news and/or enter giveaways.
Follow us on Twitter!

Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara

Go down 
+17
Nazgul
Neoyoshi
madryno
Supamoe
Regalis
Ryuyoko
Evocator
Darkender
atreides6874
Thania
Facade
Snow
Dias
ash
Buffie
AxLR0Se
Shu
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Evocator
Raider
Raider
Evocator

Male
Number of posts : 806
Current Status : unknown
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 5:15 am

Shu wrote:
swtor graphics is really bad.outdated.look too much like wow heh.u need to play more new gen mmo ^^

Darkender wrote:
bad? lol?, ur the only one in the whole world saying that lawl...
outdated? they wanted those graphics, how are they outdated? lol

believe when i say i try more mmos than u per month, and the graphics are fine, ur the first person that i hear saying swtor graphics are bad :o.....

This post may belong in some other forum thread but... as a long time PC gamer, I have to say something about graphics regarding both Shu and Darkender's comments.

@Shu
Graphics should not be confused with art. I believe what appeals to you is style and appearance of a game. In that aspect it's like comparing American comics/cartoon to Japanese manga/anime or vice versa. Not every pretty looking game turns out to be successful and not every ugly looking game turns out to be a failure either.

@Darkender
When it comes to designing character models and the world environment, I think it's safe to say that digital artists involved with many mmos tend to focus too much effort with one and neglecting the other. Since u tried a lot of mmos, I'm sure what I've said is a proven fact.

@myself
From a technical point of view (my favorite view), anything that isn't using DirectX 11 drivers is outdated. HD special effects and AA detailing is what separates a high quality experience from a mediocre eye candy. Sadly for an mmo, development cost and capturing market share will force game companies to do more with less.

Back to topic. I almost got to try Rift but the server closed after my update was completed. >_< I'll only be able to attempt testing when it opens again. Hope to see if there is anything worth writing about it since some ppl here already wrote their minds...

Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male
Number of posts : 10794
IGN[Game NickName] : Ashura/Iori Yagami
Current Status : Busy at Work
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 6:55 am

well evo if u read second post u will see i was talking about artwork on character mainly.but graphic and artwork are same to me.there is the term graphic artwork u know.and on sidenote i was also refering a bit about general graphic in swtor in general being too colorful and dark also.

but i have to admit swtor have acknowledge there weakness at this area and have since improve its character graphic artwork to a more acceptable level since pax 2009 last time so might have some prospect when it start open trial later on heh.at least its not so ugly to me now.but still leave a lot to be desired.

anymore discussion that is off topic in this section will result in topic being lock and member getting punish.u guys can go off topic elsewhere ^^

on topic:ya evo u can always try the later beta stages.no rush :).still too early to make a fair assessment on rift in my view atm.wont say it is bad but wont say it is good also.hope they have more beta later :)
Back to top Go down
Darkender
Commander
Commander
Darkender

Male
Number of posts : 621
IGN[Game NickName] : Darkender
Registration date : 2010-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 10:04 am

Evocator wrote:
Shu wrote:
swtor graphics is really bad.outdated.look too much like wow heh.u need to play more new gen mmo ^^

Darkender wrote:
bad? lol?, ur the only one in the whole world saying that lawl...
outdated? they wanted those graphics, how are they outdated? lol

believe when i say i try more mmos than u per month, and the graphics are fine, ur the first person that i hear saying swtor graphics are bad :o.....

This post may belong in some other forum thread but... as a long time PC gamer, I have to say something about graphics regarding both Shu and Darkender's comments.

@Shu
Graphics should not be confused with art. I believe what appeals to you is style and appearance of a game. In that aspect it's like comparing American comics/cartoon to Japanese manga/anime or vice versa. Not every pretty looking game turns out to be successful and not every ugly looking game turns out to be a failure either.

@Darkender
When it comes to designing character models and the world environment, I think it's safe to say that digital artists involved with many mmos tend to focus too much effort with one and neglecting the other. Since u tried a lot of mmos, I'm sure what I've said is a proven fact.

@myself
From a technical point of view (my favorite view), anything that isn't using DirectX 11 drivers is outdated. HD special effects and AA detailing is what separates a high quality experience from a mediocre eye candy. Sadly for an mmo, development cost and capturing market share will force game companies to do more with less.

Back to topic. I almost got to try Rift but the server closed after my update was completed. >_< I'll only be able to attempt testing when it opens again. Hope to see if there is anything worth writing about it since some ppl here already wrote their minds...

next beta event for guardians supposed to be December 17th.
Back to top Go down
Facade
Advisory Board
Advisory Board
Facade

Male
Number of posts : 1036
IGN[Game NickName] : Facade, Tsunami, Tsunade
Current Status : Normal
Registration date : 2010-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 1:02 am

RIFT's first closed beta produces "a hell of a sight"by Justin Olivetti on Dec 8th 2010 2:30PM
Betas, Fantasy, RIFT http://massively.joystiq.com/2010/12/08/rifts-first-closed-beta-produces-a-hell-of-a-sight/

This past weekend, RIFT played host to thousands of brand-new testers with its first closed beta event. The three-day event featured the first 20 levels of the Defiant experience and wrapped up early Monday. According to a forum post by Trion World's Executive Producer Scott Hartsman, the team couldn't be more pleased with the way things panned out.

RIFT's team received over 20,000 pieces of feedback from the event and learned quite a few things, including, as Hartsman put it, "answers to some critical questions." These answers included how the servers would hold up with so many people in so few zones, if they could deliver quick patches, and how rifts would happen with the crowd density. In fact, there were so many people that the team had to double the amount of servers almost immediately, although fortunately the servers held up under the strain.

Hartsman identified a number of problem areas that would be addressed, such as mob respawn rate. Because of the massive population, RIFT's titular feature had a difficult time being a challenge until the team made some adjustments: "Where we had hoped and expected to see invasions rampaging across the countryside, instead the population density had become far too high, such that invasions weren't even getting off the ground. We updated the game with even more insanely active tuning on Saturday night to give the invaders a chance to come out and play too, and the response in chat and submitted feedbacks was overwhelmingly positive once that started. By the time it worked, it was a hell of a sight -- Huge invasions finally freed up, setting up footholds, wiping out the local populace, and eventually being repelled by defenders."

Trion is working on a number of improvements as it prepares for its second closed beta event, which is prepped to start December 17th. Stay tuned to Massively for a special upcoming post-beta interview!
Back to top Go down
Facade
Advisory Board
Advisory Board
Facade

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 2:52 am

Back to top Go down
Darkender
Commander
Commander
Darkender

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 2:32 pm

anyone got a spare key for the 17th of september beta event of the guardians??
Back to top Go down
Facade
Advisory Board
Advisory Board
Facade

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 3:03 am

umm Who currently is VIP beta for Rift atm(if any) so i know who is playing for sure?
Back to top Go down
Facade
Advisory Board
Advisory Board
Facade

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 3:19 am

hmmmm
Everyone who has register for the Rift beta please PM me your Email add that you used to register to rift I need it by tomorrow... for this contest... worth a shot if anyone sees this on time.
They posted this yesterday so almost no time to get the emails i know :(

..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Would you like for your guild to be able to participate in all of the beta events? Here’s your chance!

We will randomly select 10 guilds to receive VIP beta passes for up to 50 members! Here is all you need to do:

Send us an email at guilds@trionworlds.com. Your email must include:

Guild Name
Guild Website
Account information (email addresses) for each member who should be given VIP access to all events.

We will flag the accounts of the guild members who are selected with VIP beta access for all upcoming beta events. So each guild member must have a Trion account and you must include the email used for each account.

Only one entry per guild. The contest will close Thursday, Dec. 16th at 9 a.m. (PST).

(I already have a VIP beta key so trying to get this for the rest of you)
Back to top Go down
Ryuyoko
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Ryuyoko

Male
Number of posts : 94
IGN[Game NickName] : Ryuyoko
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 9:22 am

My e-mail = ryuyoko@hotmail.com. I already have a VIP code, but have a friend who is dieing for one.
Back to top Go down
Darkender
Commander
Commander
Darkender

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 9:12 pm

woot just got the invite on my email :D
Back to top Go down
Facade
Advisory Board
Advisory Board
Facade

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 10:07 pm

I've been playng on the server Seastone (NA) btw for anyone interested
Back to top Go down
Darkender
Commander
Commander
Darkender

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 10:09 pm

Playing on Lotham (NA) pvp

ign: Azramel
Back to top Go down
Evocator
Raider
Raider
Evocator

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 10:24 pm

i'm in one of the PvP RP servers, but it seems we are all scattered.

Not an issue since I'm merely testing the game. So far, it feels like...WoW. With the exception of a few unique features. Most noticeable is the rift invasions concept - quite amusing to see newbies rushing to tackle level 15 plane footholds and getting pwned. Too bad everyone likes to end rift openings before they mature; i would love to see one grow big...

It is as the developers described in their interview diaries - taking the best features of every traditional MMO and removing all the bad aspects while adding new ones.

ps. I hate to say this but Rift beta came out at a bad time - DCUO feels far better. Most of my attention is on that one instead.
Back to top Go down
Ryuyoko
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Ryuyoko

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 10:36 pm

Playing on Sunrise and Belmont if any of you are there (doesn't seem like it)
Back to top Go down
Darkender
Commander
Commander
Darkender

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 11:48 pm

Evocator wrote:

Not an issue since I'm merely testing the game. So far, it feels like...WoW. With the exception of a few unique features. Most noticeable is the rift invasions concept - quite amusing to see newbies rushing to tackle level 15 plane footholds and getting pwned. Too bad everyone likes to end rift openings before they mature; i would love to see one grow big...

It is as the developers described in their interview diaries - taking the best features of every traditional MMO and removing all the bad aspects while adding new ones.

ps. I hate to say this but Rift beta came out at a bad time - DCUO feels far better. Most of my attention is on that one instead.

i would say its far more similar to WAR than to wow, graphics and gameplay like, and seems the pvp is pretty similar also, having warfronts and all that.

I really like the game, one of the strongest mmorpgs ive played in the last years, and the multiclass system is pretty nice also :)
Back to top Go down
Facade
Advisory Board
Advisory Board
Facade

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 12:36 am

today i was on while the GM's were testing some invasions and they spawned some Epic god like bosses from the rifts, needless to say if the GM's hadn't also removed them after the test everyone would be dead hehe.

Looked very impressive though

I enjoyed DCUO aswell but its an entirely different kind of game. Rift i think would suit guild play better than DCUO would.
But then DCUO is in its on unique league. In saying that Champions online is free to play 2011 if ya want a superhero game for free.
Back to top Go down
Darkender
Commander
Commander
Darkender

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 12:40 am

Facade wrote:
today i was on while the GM's were testing some invasions and they spawned some Epic god like bosses from the rifts, needless to say if the GM's hadn't also removed them after the test everyone would be dead hehe.

Looked very impressive though

I enjoyed DCUO aswell but its an entirely different kind of game. Rift i think would suit guild play better than DCUO would.
But then DCUO is in its on unique league. In saying that Champions online is free to play 2011 if ya want a superhero game for free.

mhe u must have an awesome pc, i die everytime theres 40+ people at a rift in a town, i get very very laggy under 10fps or so :/....
its only happening in this cb, in the previous one i had the settings on high and had no trouble.. on this one ive got the settings on mid and its horrible.. apart from my graphics card going crazy from time to time...
Back to top Go down
Evocator
Raider
Raider
Evocator

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 12:48 am

Darkender wrote:
Evocator wrote:

i would say its far more similar to WAR than to wow, graphics and gameplay like, and seems the pvp is pretty similar also, having warfronts and all that.

I really like the game, one of the strongest mmorpgs ive played in the last years, and the multiclass system is pretty nice also :)

I agree. Rift is one seriously well made mmo. The amount of quests (character, region, faction, craft, PvP) is actually overwhelming yet the pace of character progression is quite reasonable.

There are drawbacks yet I feel some of these can also be its strengths:
1) The massive amount of story content is not for casual mmo gaming imo (the world is quite dynamic too)

2) A lot of typical kill/fetch and carry quest details becomes very mundane if one loses interest in the game lore/storyline (one can skip through all quest info texts)

3) A need to manually face targeted enemy during combat

Rift will not disappoint those who want to stick to a well made traditional mmorpg. Old school mmorpgs should have achieve this level of competency long ago IMO. I've decided not commit to Rift because 2011 has a lot of serious new milestones in video gaming. Despite that, if I have to rate this title under IGN standards, Rift will get 8 points out of 10.

Facade wrote:

Very true. DCUO's multiplayer features are not guild oriented. That is where it will lose out.
Champions Online was a Marvel comics project that failed to meet developer expectations (maybe they invested more into movie industry?).

Back to top Go down
Ryuyoko
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Ryuyoko

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 3:56 pm

Does anyone think this game is worth playing as a guild in the future? And also anyone got a beta key for DCUO?
Back to top Go down
Facade
Advisory Board
Advisory Board
Facade

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 4:55 am

I think it would be a very good guild game. Has a built in guild system with quests and perks etc to unlock aswell.

After finishing the first 2 phases of beta Defiants and Guardians, at this stage i think i prefer the Defiants, been a long time since i prefered the 'darker' faction of the 2.

Rifts have been made alot harder, they Get footholds more often and seem to be tied to player population on how hard the encounter is. I got owned plenty of times.

Neatest thing was being in the middle of a Rift raid, and then 1 or more factions would join in. I was in the middle of a Fire Invasion then Earth invaders and defiant raiders joined in all fighting each other, kinda neat.
So that combined with PvP raids could be highly interesting.
Back to top Go down
Darkender
Commander
Commander
Darkender

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 9:34 am

Facade wrote:
I think it would be a very good guild game. Has a built in guild system with quests and perks etc to unlock aswell.

After finishing the first 2 phases of beta Defiants and Guardians, at this stage i think i prefer the Defiants, been a long time since i prefered the 'darker' faction of the 2.

Rifts have been made alot harder, they Get footholds more often and seem to be tied to player population on how hard the encounter is. I got owned plenty of times.

Neatest thing was being in the middle of a Rift raid, and then 1 or more factions would join in. I was in the middle of a Fire Invasion then Earth invaders and defiant raiders joined in all fighting each other, kinda neat.
So that combined with PvP raids could be highly interesting.

that happened to me also... fire and the elfs/fairy/ent people raiding the city then the defiant 5 guys death squad also came... laggy as hell but fun lol... got like 30+ moonstones from that encounter o-o
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 10:29 am

this is the issue that concerns me heh.

the reason why aion fail beside the bots and rmt is the abyss.the amount of players participating in each castle siege simply overwhelm the server causing massive lag and dc and make aion end game content a failure since abyss is an important part of mid to end game.

right now u are telling me 40 ppl might have lag.when a server officially start with restriction on amount of players the amount of players in a war can goes up to 500-1000 or higher.add that to the multiple faction npc races fighting one another and u get a serious lag fest.

unless they consider making rift battle instance based instead of open world or they optimize their server and drivers setting i doubt world wide players will enjoy the war unless u are near their server physically.

that why i say i will be looking forward to test the game should they have open beta where they do not restrict players numbers.

Back to top Go down
Facade
Advisory Board
Advisory Board
Facade

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 8:24 pm

I had no lag at all during gameplay even with the GM raids of 100+ on screen with full gfx on high.. And those in 'Closed beta' with lag may have read there is some driver issues anyway.

Also i think the RMT will have trouble since there is so many rifts theres 'no' safe place to farm, rifts can happen anywhere even in the middle of a town/city.

And they better not make the wars instanced based, if they do that will put me right off. Instanced based pvp is for carebears(lack of better word) I prefer knowing i could get owned Pk'd or camped anywhere, makes for a much more exciting game.
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 10:26 pm

since when it is fun to do pvp when super laggy tot facade heh.if they do open pvp then they need make sure the server will handle it correctly and coded it right.if not its another aion failure in the making.

i will trust the lag issue when they open server to open beta.right now the data is insufficient to review that part.

rmt wont worry about being pk.like in aion they usually just keep farming after they die or get together in a team and kill u before u kill them like in aion.

unless rift implement chances of gold or gear drop when pk dead.then the rmt issue might be solve.if not only active gm moderating can hold them off
Back to top Go down
Evocator
Raider
Raider
Evocator

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 11:16 pm

Shu wrote:

...unless they consider making rift battle instance based instead of open world or they optimize their server and drivers setting i doubt world wide players will enjoy the war unless u are near their server physically.

Lag will still exist for people if an instance based game session has a player capacity that is unmanageable. It all comes down to how much can be managed. by a single server location. I've yet to come across many games that can handle massive battles.

It also depends on the type of connection players over the world are running on. We can all try to determine our general connection strengths by using tools like SpeedTest

Ideally, a ping rating of of 150ms or less is heaven for online gaming. But realistically, unless everyone lives near the gates of heaven (server location), most of us average between 200- 350ms, regardless whether we are using broadband, ADSL or fiber broadband.

One can only wonder where a game server is located if it's not divulged to public. With the exception of big companies like Blizzard, few online games have multiple servers (and state their location clearly) across the world.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next