Aetherius Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aetherius Network

International multi-gaming guild since 2006.

HomeAetheriusEventsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Come chat with us on Discord! It's where everyone is at now! https://discord.gg/aBSngGf
Check out our Aetherius Network Facebook Page to see upcoming news and/or enter giveaways.
Follow us on Twitter!

RIFT going free to play

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
xCainx
Captain
Captain
xCainx

Male
Number of posts : 147
IGN[Game NickName] : Cain, MetalBob
Current Status : Normal
Registration date : 2008-05-21

RIFT going free to play Empty
PostSubject: RIFT going free to play   RIFT going free to play Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 7:30 pm

Rift will be free to play starting from June 12th.

http://www.riftgame.com/en/promo/freetoplay.php

Looks like p2p didnt work out for them.
Back to top Go down
Genlog
Captain
Captain
Genlog

Male
Number of posts : 347
IGN[Game NickName] : Genlog Lamora
Current Status : Busy at Work
Registration date : 2011-07-11

PostSubject: Re: RIFT going free to play   RIFT going free to play Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 12:23 am

i read it and i was not rely supriced :)
most p2p wil be f2p in a matter of time

only problem is what i see with star wars is alot of angry players that was paying for that game ea month and now thay are driven back to fp2 users

and the companie dont care much anymore about there loyal p2p users
Back to top Go down
xCainx
Captain
Captain
xCainx

Male
IGN[Game NickName] : Cain, MetalBob
Registration date : 2008-05-21

PostSubject: Re: RIFT going free to play   RIFT going free to play Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 6:14 am

As far as I know most publishers offer some kind of bonus to their loyal p2p users like bonus exp/ special items or some other stuff.
I dont know about star wars, though.

Back to top Go down
Genlog
Captain
Captain
Genlog

Male

PostSubject: Re: RIFT going free to play   RIFT going free to play Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 8:56 am

here a good sample what 1 of bioware have wrote and some are not happy with it

Hey folks,

I will just be as honest as I can here, it was a poor choice in wording on our part. I know that players have made decisions around whether to remain a subscriber based on those words which makes it all that much more sensitive. I apologize if you feel that you were misled by what we said in that blog. Since this blog I feel we have been more consistent in our messaging that you can expect things like cosmetic and convenience features (like Appearance Designer) are the types of things we usually place on the Cartel Market.

It has always been our plan that as new content is released,(such as Flashpoints, Operations, in-game events, daily hubs, etc.) that subscribers will get access to these pieces of content. This is unlike a free-2-play player who will need to purchase access to that content. This is why we stated subscribers gained "unlimited" access to that content, because you get that as a part of your subscription.

For Cartel Market items, you have access to purchase all of them, as do F2P players. What sets you folks apart is your monthly stipend which will allow you to purchase those features at no additional cost should you choose. I realize with your stipend, and with all the features we have, you may not be able to get it all at once but you can get it in time as a subscriber.

With that being said we have definitely heard your frustrations around Game Updates and the value you feel as a subscriber. I don't have details today but we are continuing to look at options moving forward to make sure that you don't feel that way.

-eric

but for the rest i love the game very much happy ore not happy pll 1 thing is sure servers can be ubber full now thx to the f2p player base
ore this game wil never make it so wel

atm ad some mmo sites SWTOR is high on the list of best mmorpg of 2013
first is stil GW2 becouse they keep making updates 1 after a other
Back to top Go down
Facade
Advisory Board
Advisory Board
Facade

Male
Number of posts : 1036
IGN[Game NickName] : Facade, Tsunami, Tsunade
Registration date : 2010-02-01

PostSubject: Re: RIFT going free to play   RIFT going free to play Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 5:30 am

Rift P2P worked out fine for them and F2P has boosted there population again. Rift was Trions first MMO and was nicely polished working game with there up and coming titles and projects making rift F2P was a wise move. Gives them a popularity boost and since they are releasing ArcheAge I would guess most players will move to that.
Back to top Go down
Genlog
Captain
Captain
Genlog

Male

PostSubject: Re: RIFT going free to play   RIFT going free to play Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 11:27 am

Facade wrote:
Rift P2P worked out fine for them and F2P has boosted there population again. Rift was Trions first MMO and was nicely polished working game with there up and coming titles and projects making rift F2P was a wise move. Gives them a popularity boost and since they are releasing ArcheAge I would guess most players will move to that.

and with that game out some orther games losing to much players :)
with the option keep going ore shut down

sun soul of the ultimate nation is shuting down becouse to less players :)

gone w8 who is gone be next XD
Back to top Go down
Kazuki
Captain
Captain
Kazuki

Male
IGN[Game NickName] : Kazuki, Explosive, Devotion
Current Status : Active
Registration date : 2010-01-29

PostSubject: Re: RIFT going free to play   RIFT going free to play Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 9:55 pm

Anyone playing this now it's f2p?
Back to top Go down
Genlog
Captain
Captain
Genlog

Male

PostSubject: Re: RIFT going free to play   RIFT going free to play Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 11:14 pm

Kazuki wrote:
Anyone playing this now it's f2p?

nope sorry am very adicted to star wars :)
Back to top Go down
Facade
Advisory Board
Advisory Board
Facade

Male

PostSubject: Re: RIFT going free to play   RIFT going free to play Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 12:24 am

I'm playing on seastone, since i already had a rift account. just until Archeage or something comes along
Back to top Go down
Facade
Advisory Board
Advisory Board
Facade

Male

PostSubject: Re: RIFT going free to play   RIFT going free to play Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 12:25 am

my IGN are : Eclipse, Tsunade, Facade, Prism
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RIFT going free to play   RIFT going free to play Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RIFT going free to play
Page 1 of 1