Aetherius Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aetherius Network

International multi-gaming guild since 2006.

HomeAetheriusEventsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Come chat with us on Discord! It's where everyone is at now! https://discord.gg/aBSngGf
Check out our Aetherius Network Facebook Page to see upcoming news and/or enter giveaways.
Follow us on Twitter!

Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara

Go down 
+17
Nazgul
Neoyoshi
madryno
Supamoe
Regalis
Ryuyoko
Evocator
Darkender
atreides6874
Thania
Facade
Snow
Dias
ash
Buffie
AxLR0Se
Shu
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
atreides6874
Raider
Raider
atreides6874

Male
Number of posts : 202
IGN[Game NickName] : Aytheal, YamiTenshi, Nese
Current Status : Active
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 10:01 am

I did, but its taking forever to download with this slow internet speed I have.
Back to top Go down
Facade
Advisory Board
Advisory Board
Facade

Male
Number of posts : 1036
IGN[Game NickName] : Facade, Tsunami, Tsunade
Current Status : Normal
Registration date : 2010-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 11:28 pm

I been playing it. just today took me less than an hr to D/L the 6.5gb client ^^

So far its a very polished game for beta, massive class combinations nice story/quests so far for the defiants(only faction that u can play atm).

Fully customisable UI etc.

Rifts are neat they alter the actual game landscape and you have to fight the monsters out etc, water battles etc, this is all before lvl 10 heh.

Graphics are nice too, execpt for the running animations ick. Game reminds me of a Hybrid Aion/WoW with more options.

Havent experienced the pvp yet as theres only one faction. Currently i'm playing a Cleric/Inquisitor/Druid combo, kinda random but have a faery pet from the druid soul that heals me is neat. and Inquisitor seems similar to WoW shadow priest.

So far my only gripe would be fighting over quest activating items since everyone is after them.
Back to top Go down
atreides6874
Raider
Raider
atreides6874

Male
Number of posts : 202
IGN[Game NickName] : Aytheal, YamiTenshi, Nese
Current Status : Active
Registration date : 2009-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 12:00 am

I would have been done with the download if I had my regular internet speed. However, the max I can download right now is 90KB/s and the downloader keeps giving a 1003 error every few hours.
Back to top Go down
Darkender
Commander
Commander
Darkender

Male
Number of posts : 621
IGN[Game NickName] : Darkender
Registration date : 2010-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 10:01 pm

Im also playing it, its a pretty nice game, something of a combination between WAR and probly WOW or DAOC, The RIFT system is pretty similar to the public quests in WAR, the only difference is u can create RIFTS in enemy territories..
Im playing a mage elementalist/Stormcaller/Warlock atm, lvl 10 or so...
Back to top Go down
Facade
Advisory Board
Advisory Board
Facade

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 4:48 am

I currently have a lvl 16 cleric, inquis/druid and a lvl 10 warrior/champ/beastmaster

I'm quite liking the game. Fairly polished for a beta I could actually p2p as it is now. dueled a few people to for pvp testing, not to bad, very similar to wow/aion.

And I'm currently in some random guild, since guild members get perks/rewards for being part of a guild.
Back to top Go down
Evocator
Raider
Raider
Evocator

Male
Number of posts : 806
Current Status : unknown
Registration date : 2008-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 6:35 am

I've just applied for a beta key. Not sure if they will still give out when testing has commenced though. I took a long look at their website and developer diaries. It looks very solid, but then again it has to be since it's a P2P title.

It may well replace one of the games in my siggy agenda list.

Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male
Number of posts : 10794
IGN[Game NickName] : Ashura/Iori Yagami
Current Status : Busy at Work
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 11:33 am

i got a beta invite for my account if anyone wants it.

first one who pm me gets it heh
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 8:09 am

account send to evo.
Back to top Go down
Evocator
Raider
Raider
Evocator

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 8:56 am

Shu wrote:
account send to evo.

Thanks. I will attempt it once the servers are up on the weekend.
I'll try to write my experience of the game here. I wonder how early should i give my opinions? Hope the folks here trust my judgment.
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 9:48 am

no point giving opinion on starting few level.reviews like graphics,combat flow,end game content,lag aspect,pve content is more interesting i guess.u should just post review when u think u have a opinion of the whole game as a whole ^^from tera pvp video i have already rule out playing that as my pvp mmo.now just waiting to test secret world and blade&soul.might test this if i see good prospect.but so far from video posted in youtube its not very interesting graphic/combat wise
Back to top Go down
Evocator
Raider
Raider
Evocator

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 9:59 am

Shu wrote:
no point giving opinion on starting few level.reviews like graphics,combat flow,end game content,lag aspect,pve content is more interesting i guess.u should just post review when u think u have a opinion of the whole game as a whole ^^from tera pvp video i have already rule out playing that as my pvp mmo.now just waiting to test secret world and blade&soul.might test this if i see good prospect.but so far from video posted in youtube its not very interesting graphic/combat wise

I agree. Should I write any early reviews, it will be on fixed variables like graphics, music, etc. Oops...I'm made it sound like math equation. lol

Back to top Go down
Facade
Advisory Board
Advisory Board
Facade

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 12:33 am

Well i can give a partial review now.

I got to the cap at lvl 20 done a few dungeon runs and alot of rift battles etc, If the first 20 lvls are anything to go on I will be playing Rift.

The game was fun from the start, I didn't feel like i was grinding doing quests, And random Rift openings made in very interesting, especially if a rift was not closed and it spreads bigger and bigger and then sends raids out of its own.

The only pvp i tried was Duels 1 v 1, since only one faction was availible. Was fun even at low lvls.

My first dungeon/instance was a lvl 18-20+ dungeon, very epic imo. probally took a couple hrs. Small puzzles, to sort, mini bosses and end boss. and actualy strats had to be usednot your normal tank/spank go to sleep.. It felt like an epic dungeon from vanilia WoW, for a lvl 20 dungeon that was neat.

Now the class system was very interesting, ummm easiest comparision is WoW skill tree and Dual spec.
Except you could multi spec 3 trees(Souls/classes) and have upto 4 specs (0nly 2 at start, like wow dual spec)
For example my soul classes was.

Cleric:
1: Inquisitor (dark dps priest leeching self heals)
2: Druid (melee and earth style dmg with minor healing/sheilding and pet that could heal/dmg etc)
3: Sentinel (pure holy healer)

spec 1:Solo i used Inquisitor/druid multicombo DPS build
spec 2: Group I swaped to Sentinel(main) for pure healing group no dps.

With each class/soul combo spec it changes all of your spell lists hot bars etc that you settup on the fly.
Very handy, this saves making more that one character of the same class since you can just get the new souls and change spec later. And it also means you wont be left out of a group since you can change to the needed role.

new vid up too
http://www.riftgame.com/en/media/videos.php

Last thing I'd like to add, Even in closed beta it was playable, Very few bugs, lag free, smooth ... I personally have never experienced such a smooth beta test in 12 years.
Back to top Go down
Darkender
Commander
Commander
Darkender

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 1:49 am

Yeah i love the game, 2 bad beta is over now :(, left it at lvl 14... had just gotten my air elemental... couldnt get the third soul though :/
hope they have another event for the next weekend..
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 5:14 am

but will u pay for monthly ender for this?

video was nice.game look polished even though the graphics in game is not as nice as video.but then that is standard for most western mmo.i will be watching how it goes on next few beta before i make my assessment.

also the game looks easy.if we play it i bet quite a lot of us will be max level faster then most other players again like in all other games heh.

anyway keep up the reviews.i will be picking my pvp mmo very carefully since i already happy with ff14 as pve ^^
Back to top Go down
Ryuyoko
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Ryuyoko

Male
Number of posts : 94
IGN[Game NickName] : Ryuyoko
Registration date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 9:27 am

Game was amazing. Hit level 14 and got my air elemental also. Went Elementalist/Pyromancer for good consistent damage. The whole random rifts thing is pretty cool and I look forward to the next few beta's (VIP Key FTW)
Back to top Go down
Darkender
Commander
Commander
Darkender

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 11:09 am

Shu wrote:
but will u pay for monthly ender for this?

video was nice.game look polished even though the graphics in game is not as nice as video.but then that is standard for most western mmo.i will be watching how it goes on next few beta before i make my assessment.

also the game looks easy.if we play it i bet quite a lot of us will be max level faster then most other players again like in all other games heh.

anyway keep up the reviews.i will be picking my pvp mmo very carefully since i already happy with ff14 as pve ^^

the in-game graphics are one of the best ones ive seen yet and im not even playing at full because my computer will probly die...
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 1:03 pm

^^ my expectation of graphics is higher then hehe.

u still didn answer my question will u buy game and pay monthly heh. :)
Back to top Go down
Darkender
Commander
Commander
Darkender

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 1:06 pm

Shu wrote:
^^ my expectation of graphics is higher then hehe.

u still didn answer my question will u buy game and pay monthly heh. :)

oh sorry didnt catch that part, hmm dunno... many good games coming out this year, and i start working in January so I really have no idea what im gonna do :/...
but itll probly be this or SWTOR and maybe Blackprophecy

I think its one of the mmos with best graphics out there, removing FF from the equation it probly has the or one of the best graphics out there, its pretty similar to Warhammer graphics but greatly improved, dont think this game could work with better graphics than the ones it has now, because if the pvp is anything like they are showing, you would lagg the hell out... theres no fun on that... prefer it this way, than having some UBER Crisis like graphs but lacking the pvp...
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 2:52 pm

your review is close to forseti one.he also tested rift.told me its very alike wow/warhammer/aion.

i tested warhammer before and i dont like it much on graphics so its not a plus to me heh.

based on some other ppl review.the game start out fun but will lose appeal like aion in 1-3 months unless they have something else they will dish out for later beta.

overall i will keep an eye on this and see how it goes.might play and might not.

think swtor will need to improve its graphics to get more ppl interested heh
Back to top Go down
Darkender
Commander
Commander
Darkender

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 2:56 pm

lol, somethings wrong with u and ur graphic reviews lol, swtor graphics are perfect as they are O_o..

dunno but rift looks pretty interesting late game, the idea of going into enemy territory and oppening rifts of epic mobs is pretty epic... and all the open world pvp, and warfronts.
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 7:29 pm

swtor graphics is really bad.outdated.look too much like wow heh.u need to play more new gen mmo ^^
Back to top Go down
Darkender
Commander
Commander
Darkender

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 7:47 pm

bad? lol?, ur the only one in the whole world saying that lawl...
outdated? they wanted those graphics, how are they outdated? lol

believe when i say i try more mmos than u per month, and the graphics are fine, ur the first person that i hear saying swtor graphics are bad :o.....
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 12:14 am

not just me ender heh.like i say u need go read more.watch more and maybe play new gen games more ^^

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/forum/893/General-Discussion.html

go read some of those thread and those at youtube and u will know there are ppl not pleased with the graphics.some even says its 2002 graphics ^^.

to me its too wow/warhammer like.outdated artwork and colors.i am talking mainly of character facial and body graphics atm.they really need to redo it before its too late heh.environment wise i guess its standard.pretty alright there.
and i do like their active combat idea even though its not smooth enough in my opinion.a bit too fake and some skill and movement too bot-like speed fast.other then that their combat skills graphics is impressive.

anyway this thread is not for this.go post in swtor thread if u wish to debate this further heh.there is a reason why swtor decided to delay the game release.they can do much better.i was also considering playing that before till i saw the graphic of the characters heh
Back to top Go down
Facade
Advisory Board
Advisory Board
Facade

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 1:04 am

I personally would have to say you need to play it. Most of those reviews are crap. And most of you know better than to base opinions off reviews, If we all done that none of us would of played FFXIV since the reviews for that sucked, but the game is nice and once everything is completed will be a very polished game, which we would never know if we only read the reviews.

The gfx have been updated since most of those first reviews were made. Also the upside is you dont need a high end machine to play it. The game ran fairly well on my old 4200dual 8600GT computer.
The gfx are actually quite nice if thats the concern, but gfx dont make a game anyway. This game had community happening early something thats been lacking in games lately.

I think some people have gotten used to the 'realism' type gfx and forgotten that most of the genre games we play are 'fantasy' based. So though they are not realistic gfx like FFXIV has gone for, the gfx are nice and kept the fantasy feel to them.

And to compare the gfx to WoW? thats just a plain insult. The engine and gfx are far superior, the only similarity it has to WoW is the easy to use layout/UI which 90% of new MMO's have now, so it removes that UI learning curve.

I also knowtice the term 'to easy' being used that people will reach max lvl to fast? And i remind you how is that different from any game you all play, even when u guys play casual u hit top lvl in a 1-2 months anyway.

The real question is what can you do at lvl cap that will keep your interest, That as of yet i dont know, i can only speculate. Based on the low end dungeons etc.
PvP, Wars, Rifts, Dungeons looks like it has a bit to do

Currently theres 32 confirmed classes, 8 for each archtype.

heres a more recent ingame clip from a developer showing around
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoV0gL1h8VQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0RUYikMQxs&feature=channel
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 2:38 am

ya forseti tested the game out.he took a few days off ffxiv to test beta.

like he say its around 50 pct done atm.so have to see how they will take it down the road.right now in current content it wont be good later on if no good end game contend.also lag issue is one area that need testing.aion end game is bascially shit since their server cannot handle the lag during citadel siege
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next