Aetherius Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aetherius Network

International multi-gaming guild since 2006.

HomeAetheriusEventsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Come chat with us on Discord! It's where everyone is at now! https://discord.gg/aBSngGf
Check out our Aetherius Network Facebook Page to see upcoming news and/or enter giveaways.
Follow us on Twitter!

Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara

Go down 
+17
Nazgul
Neoyoshi
madryno
Supamoe
Regalis
Ryuyoko
Evocator
Darkender
atreides6874
Thania
Facade
Snow
Dias
ash
Buffie
AxLR0Se
Shu
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Facade
Advisory Board
Advisory Board
Facade

Male
Number of posts : 1036
IGN[Game NickName] : Facade, Tsunami, Tsunade
Current Status : Normal
Registration date : 2010-02-01

Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 5:50 am

Interesting rogue class, Saboteur

Apparently the player forgot to upgrade his skills to so after upgrading he was doing 800-1k crits, which is crazy dmg for a lvl 20
My warrior dual wielding was critting for 200-300, and my Cleric bolts about 250-350. Only issue is building up the charges first.
Back to top Go down
Darkender
Commander
Commander
Darkender

Male
Number of posts : 621
IGN[Game NickName] : Darkender
Registration date : 2010-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 6:03 am

Nice vid, dunno if he hits that much against players, to be honest havent had any problems killing rogue subclasses yet, only ones i got problems with are other clerics..

i was rolling a Justi/Cabalist/shaman, with 20 points in justi and 4 in shaman 0 in cabalist, after i got to 20 i changed Cabalist for Druid, so i could get the pet at 0 points :D, only problem im having is that the mana runs out really fast on long RIFTS/Fights
Back to top Go down
Facade
Advisory Board
Advisory Board
Facade

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 6:14 am

Yeh mana was my issue aswell on the long fights.

And atm clerics seem OP, but I'm sure thats only because of the lvl. Most of the other classes have there cleric killing skills after lvl 21 and since the cap was only 20 it was easy for clerics to duel or pvp and do very well.

Back to top Go down
Facade
Advisory Board
Advisory Board
Facade

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 10:22 pm

RIFT SET TO LAUNCH MARCH 1, 2011
Retail and Digital Pre-Order Start Today
REDWOOD SHORES, Calif. – January 4, 2011 – Trion Worlds, a global publisher and developer of premium online games, today announced that the upcoming MMORPG RIFT is scheduled to launch in North America on March 1st and in Europe on March 4th. Today also marks the start of the game's pre-order program through both digital and retail channels.

"The launch of RIFT is the culmination of our tireless efforts over the past several years to bring players the most complete, full-featured, and dynamic online game they've ever experienced," said Lars Buttler, CEO of Trion Worlds. "Through the dedication, creativity, and incredible track record of our veteran development team, we've been able to create an exceptionally polished and immersive online world filled with adventure, surprise, and beauty. We can't wait to share RIFT with players around the world."

Beginning today, customers who pre-order RIFT receive their choice of one-of-three exclusive in-game pets, and are eligible to participate in the head-start period anticipated to begin February 24th. Pre-order customers will also be granted access to play in all remaining closed-beta events. Beta details, including a regularly updated event schedule, are available at http://www.RIFTgame.com/beta.

Available for purchase online and at select retail outlets, the Standard, Digital Collector's and Retail Collector's Editions of the game will sell for $49.99, $59.99 and $79.99 USD, respectively. The standard monthly subscription rate for the game will be $14.99 USD.

RIFT will also offer a limited-time "Founder's Pricing" for players, featuring a $9.99 USD/month price for a multi-month subscription. For more information on Founder's Pricing and subscription details, visit http://www.RIFTgame.com/subscriptions.

For all info on the Collector's Editions, pre-order incentives, and subscription plans, please visit http://www.RIFTgame.com/preorder.

RIFT is rated T for Teen by the ESRB with the following content descriptors: Alcohol Reference, Blood, Mild Language and Violence.

Back to top Go down
Darkender
Commander
Commander
Darkender

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 10:24 pm

ill preorder the digital CE edition after this weekends warfronts beta, joined Bloocpact guild playing on lotham server :)
Back to top Go down
Facade
Advisory Board
Advisory Board
Facade

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 10:31 pm

I just checked. You can setup and pay directly through Trion if your gonna get the digital version, I just followed the links upto the Credit Card part. Not pre ordering yet though. will wait a bit longer. I think it can be purchased through Steam aswell, though they have not got the link up yet.
Back to top Go down
Darkender
Commander
Commander
Darkender

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 10:33 pm

Facade wrote:
I just checked. You can setup and pay directly through Trion if your gonna get the digital version, I just followed the links upto the Credit Card part. Not pre ordering yet though. will wait a bit longer. I think it can be purchased through Steam aswell, though they have not got the link up yet.

Also got Direct2Drive i think.

Im gonna wait till this weekend test the pvp and if i like it ill preorder :D
Back to top Go down
Facade
Advisory Board
Advisory Board
Facade

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 10:35 pm

Hey Dark, what faction do you prefer? guardian or defiant?

I think i prefer Defiant, But guardians are clearly the underdogs currently and probally at release so might be better PvP options(more to kill) so i dunno.

We Will have to discuss Servers etc when we get closer to release and see who is playing, Be nice if we had enough Aetherius tag along for a guild, Or atleast those that do come join the same guild in game so we already know someone in a new guild.
Back to top Go down
Darkender
Commander
Commander
Darkender

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 10:53 pm

Im playing Defiant atm, and will probly play defiant at release, didnt like the starting zones for guardians lol..

more people are gonna be playing guardians, based on what i read on the forums, but most of the big pvp guilds are playing defiant, so it will be interesting.
Back to top Go down
Facade
Advisory Board
Advisory Board
Facade

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 11:02 pm

yeh i have to admit i wasn't fond of the starting zones for Guardians either but there first dungeon instance RoF is way cooler than defiants IT.

So depending on majority i will either be a Defiant Kelari or Guardian elf.

Class is still unsure of.
I played Cleric, Rogue and Warriors souls and thought they were all great.

Didn't have time to play a mage soul, but we had a mage Chloromancer/pyro build in my RF run and she solo healed the entire instance, and to be honest the heals and buffs were probally better than my Cleric Sentinel/Warden build. So mage looks like a very Viable DPS, Healer or Crowd control.

So i really cant decide now.
Back to top Go down
Darkender
Commander
Commander
Darkender

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 11:12 pm

meh i played a mage build with ele stormcaller and archon and it was crazy, 2 many skills, i seriously had the 4 bars filled with skills... made me go nuts..
Ill probly play cleric again going off-dps off-tank off-healer with a justiciar shaman druid/inqui build.

I would also like to try a kelari crit marksman, looks fun to do lotsof crits
Back to top Go down
Facade
Advisory Board
Advisory Board
Facade

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 3:20 am

The RIFT beta continues this weekend with our next beta event, Warfronts, set to begin Friday, Jan. 7, 2011 at 10:00am PST (18:00 GMT), and run through 10:00am PST (18:00 GMT) on Monday, Jan. 10, 2011.

Warfronts!
As conflict grows increasingly brutal, the Warfronts of Telara call for heroes to take arms and stain the earth with enemy blood. Will you follow the Vigil to salvation as a Guardian, or join the Defiant to fight for technomagical dominance?

Back to top Go down
Facade
Advisory Board
Advisory Board
Facade

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 3:36 am

Heres some utube of the first few lvls someone posted, from start movie/char creation etc

Back to top Go down
Facade
Advisory Board
Advisory Board
Facade

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 8:11 pm

Hi, All-

Here are the answers to a lot of the questions I have seen on the forum since pre-orders for Rift have become available. I'll be watching this thread for further questions and will do my best to keep you updated!

Where do I find my VIP code after I pre-order Rift? How do I apply it to my account?
When you pre-order through Trion, your account is automatically entitled for VIP access.

If you ordered through a partner, you need to:

1. Go to https://account.riftgame.com to login or create a new account
2. Click “Apply Code” on the left-hand navigation bar and enter your pre-order code.

I pre-ordered earlier from a partner and still have not received a code to enter on my account. When do I get that?
Our partners will be sending the codes out for their own orders. You should receive a code from the merchant directly.

Will other methods of payment (PayPal, for example) are offered for pre-orders?
We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express. Game Time Cards (available at major retailers) and PayPal will be accepted by March 1.

Do the in-game pre-order rewards apply to only one character on the account, or all characters?
They apply to all characters you create.

What if I already pre-ordered RIFT via a local retailer, or wish to pre-order RIFT via a retailer? Will I still get VIP access to upcoming beta events and the Head Start?
Yes. Once you apply a pre-order code to your account, you’ll receive an invitation to each beta event a few days before it begins.

Will the RIFT Collector’s Edition be available at European retailers?
Yes.

Why is RIFT being released on different dates for North America (March 1st) and Europe (March 4th)?
Typical retail releases days are Tuesdays in North America and Fridays in Europe.

Is the start-date for the head-start period (February 24th) the same for every region?
Yes.

If I purchase a digital copy of RIFT but live in Europe, will I be able to play on the North American servers on March 1st?
Yes.
Will our closed-beta characters be wiped for the Head Start and launch of RIFT?
Yes

I have purchased my pre-order. How do I access the beta?
Invitations with info on downloading the beta client will be sent right before each event. We will inform you here on the forum when invitations start going out.

Updated to address more questions:

Will Retail CE pre-orders access the head start the same way we accessed beta through a download, or will we receive the physical game early?
Beta and Head Start are two different clients; each will require their own download. As long as you have applied a pre-order key to your account, you'll be able to download the launch client and play in the Head Start. We'll post more information about downloading the launch client in the coming weeks.

Will pre-order items be available during beta or Head Start?
No. Pre-order items will not be available until the game is released.

Do I have to pre-order to get the Founder's Subscription pricing?
No. In order to receive Founder's Pricing, you must choose a plan before March 15th. See www.RIFTgame.com/subscriptions for more information.

Do the pre-order codes serve as both VIP key (for betas) and Head Start access?
Yes.

Can I order a retail Standard Edition or retail Collector's Edition box directly from Trion?
No, Trion sells only the digital versions.

Will there be a grace period where pre-order customers can continue playing after launch?
No, there is not a grace period. On 3/1, players on North America servers must apply a retail key (from either the Standard or Collector's Editions) to continue playing. On 3/4, players on European servers must apply a retail key to continue playing.

Can I play RIFT on both European and North American servers?
Yes. We want you to be able to play with family and friends, no matter where in the world they live.

Where are the servers located?
North American servers are located in Dallas, TX and European servers are in Amsterdam.
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male
Number of posts : 10794
IGN[Game NickName] : Ashura/Iori Yagami
Current Status : Busy at Work
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 8:32 pm

wah its pretty cheap if u pay for founder price every 6 month heh
Back to top Go down
Facade
Advisory Board
Advisory Board
Facade

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 12:15 am

Yeh the pricing is pretty good for the 6month option.

heres the latest patchnotes if anyone wanted to read them
http://mmopatchnotes.com/rift-beta-4-patch-notes/2011/01/07/
Back to top Go down
Nazgul
Trooper
Trooper
Nazgul

Male
Number of posts : 12
IGN[Game NickName] : BeBe
Registration date : 2010-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 7:03 pm

hmmm Im thinking I might switch from Ff14 to this.
Back to top Go down
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male
Number of posts : 6807
IGN[Game NickName] : Snow, Nuts, Nut, Snowball, Splash, Snowy
Current Status : Busy at School
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 1:13 pm

Started this Sunday on the Defiant side, I gotta say I had more fun on the Defiants then the Guardians :O

Made an Air nuking Ele/Stormcaller/Dominator and went to lvl 22 in 1 day, gotta say that getting a REALLY good class combo in this game is pretty hard, since most of the skills are rather junky, and the REALLY good combos would require higher lvls then beta cap.

Did Iron Tomb instance 3 times and it went pretty smooth with the dom/ele cc keeping 2 mobs out of game we could even have a rogue tank np. The instance was ok for a 1st one, I did miss decent low lvl instancing for a while now.

Anyways because of IT I jumped from 17 to past 20 so I went into pvp at lvl 20 vs all those lvl 27s and ended up 1st which made me rofl

The battlegrounds, didn't really felt that awesome, but they worked ok, And I assume since these are only for lvl 10~19 and 20~29 the ones closer to 50 will be more epic.

All with all, RIFT gives me the feeling of playing a smooth version of vanilla wow, which I did like.

For those that want a good and solid game, with most good things out of games like wow/war/eq (Western mmos) RIFT is a pretty good choice.
For anyone looking for a more innovative game or an action type of game you won't find it here.

Lvling in this game is pretty easy, you can grind, but it's more content based. You ll be joining in all the game content rather fast. 1st 12ish lvls you fly by, by doing quests, then you ll probably do a few rifts inbetween your questing which ll get you ready for the 1st instance in no time, once you do the 1st instance a few times you ll be almost ready for the next instance and the rifts are still there aswell. There are quite some pvp quests to do which will be giving you a lvl or so every now and then.

That pretty much sums it up for my 1 day play XD
Back to top Go down
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/8485/1snowflakecardmadebyneoc
Darkender
Commander
Commander
Darkender

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 4:58 pm

Snow wrote:
Started this Sunday on the Defiant side, I gotta say I had more fun on the Defiants then the Guardians :O

Made an Air nuking Ele/Stormcaller/Dominator and went to lvl 22 in 1 day, gotta say that getting a REALLY good class combo in this game is pretty hard, since most of the skills are rather junky, and the REALLY good combos would require higher lvls then beta cap.

Did Iron Tomb instance 3 times and it went pretty smooth with the dom/ele cc keeping 2 mobs out of game we could even have a rogue tank np. The instance was ok for a 1st one, I did miss decent low lvl instancing for a while now.

Anyways because of IT I jumped from 17 to past 20 so I went into pvp at lvl 20 vs all those lvl 27s and ended up 1st which made me rofl

The battlegrounds, didn't really felt that awesome, but they worked ok, And I assume since these are only for lvl 10~19 and 20~29 the ones closer to 50 will be more epic.

All with all, RIFT gives me the feeling of playing a smooth version of vanilla wow, which I did like.

For those that want a good and solid game, with most good things out of games like wow/war/eq (Western mmos) RIFT is a pretty good choice.
For anyone looking for a more innovative game or an action type of game you won't find it here.

Lvling in this game is pretty easy, you can grind, but it's more content based. You ll be joining in all the game content rather fast. 1st 12ish lvls you fly by, by doing quests, then you ll probably do a few rifts inbetween your questing which ll get you ready for the 1st instance in no time, once you do the 1st instance a few times you ll be almost ready for the next instance and the rifts are still there aswell. There are quite some pvp quests to do which will be giving you a lvl or so every now and then.

That pretty much sums it up for my 1 day play XD

dunno what kind of people where in that warfront but its treally weird that any lvl 20 beats lvl 27s in damage O_O

the dungeons get better, deepstrike mines (lvl 26 defiant dungeon) is pretty hard, the last boss is pretty buffed up and unless you get a solid party with a bunch of focused dps you will get wiped over and over, since he summons earth stones that heal him back to 100% in like 4 seconds :/.

And yeah leveling is pretty easy and it doesnt get heavy thanks to all the on going things that happen, i got to 27 on saturday morning, and just pvped the rest of saturday and sunday, got the pvp soul for my cleric and a bunch of unused favor.

Yesterday we Raided into Gloamwood (i think it spells like that :o) the guardian side for lvl 20-27, got to theyr main city and raided the doors for a while (cant get in, bunch of lvl 50 elite guards that just 1hit everyone), someone managed to soulwalk inside and rally all the guild and we did a run for theyr throne since the GMs sayd no defiant had been in the throne room the guys from the guild did this video to fool around with the gms lol...

We are playing in lotham Atm, got a 27 cleric with 3 soul builds, Questing and melee play DPS with off-heals Justiciar(27)/Druid(3)/Shaman(7) . A full healer build for warfronts/raids/dungeons Sentinel(27)/Warden(5)/Purifier(5) . And one full ranged DPS Inquisitor(27)/Warden(3)/Cabalist(7) wich makes tons of damage on warfronts.

normally play healer or ranged dps on warfronts, heals im almost always top healer, the ranged dps is not GREAT like a full warlock/necro or a pyro but it nukes pretty hard, end up mostly on the 2-6 dps of the game.

I pre-ordered today from D2d that had 20% of all mmos all weekend, got the CE for 37$ i think it was :D.
Back to top Go down
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 8:04 pm

I screenshotted my victory but now I realise RIFT doesn't have a screenshot map and it's no where to be found XD

My mage is a combo of ele/stormcaller/dominator and uses air spells.

The Stormcaller gives 10% crit chance to air spells, the ele gives a 5% crit chance passive and a 10% crit chance+dmg passive to lightning strike. Aswell as the ele passive that does 50% more dmg on critical hits. (needed 3 more lvls to add another 5% dmg and -20% spell cost for air spells by stormcaller passive)

The beauty is the dominator (only 2 points in dom) gives me 2 instant cast lightning spells of which 1 without cooldown and the other one with a knockback + a squirrel transform cc
The elementalist gives me a dmg absorb shield, lightning strike which does sick crits, a no cooldown 12 seconds root, a pet and a fire aoe ground (that ticks for like 80 dmg per second (at my lvl and thats with really basic incomplete and under lvl gear), an instant cast dot with no cooldown and a blow up your pet to heal 25% hp skill.
The stormcaller would be giving me a few good skills in 3~5 more lvls (like another 20% dmg to air spells, and a stackable debuff that adds up to another 42% air dmg on the target) but for now it gives forked lightning which is air based dmg too and is a 5 person aoe, an aoe slow and another strong channeled lighting spell with a knockback.
(all the air based spells have the extra 10% crit chance, and all crits the 50% extra dmg, making some crazy crits)

So umm yea, I rape the other team with aoe and got most kills/finishing blows/dmg mostly because of that.
If anyone high lvl tried to charge me I just turned them into a squirrel wait for the cooldown, while making distance, nuke them with lightning strike and my dominator spells, and re-squirrel them again, depending on how tuff they were.
And the elementalist permanent root did work on quite a few morons that had no cc breaks at all XD

As for getting finishing blows, my lightning strike (which can instantly be followed up by my instant dominator spells) hit people for 300~500 dmg on crits in pvp at lvl 20, (had an 800 dmg crit on a lvl 18 normal mob at that lvl) follow that up with thunderstrike from dom, which can crit for 200~300 dmg while you already had them, slowed, dotted, and on hit by your pet, and most of the kills go to you ^_^

My build was based on lvl 27 which I didn't get the chance to reach in 1 day but the idea behind my build is pretty much cc+dps and has the handy dmg blocking shield from ele and the pet on the side.

For my cc I have the rock pet which can off-tank a lil while, permanent no cooldown 12 seconds root, a squirrel transformation, 2 instant cast pushback spells (+ in a few more lvls an armor buff that pushes back whoever strikes me aswell as a 3 sec root with 10 sec dot)

For my dps I make main use of 3 skills, my basic dominator spell as normal attack, it has no cooldown (except global) and it's air based profitting from the bonus crit chance, dominator thunderstrike which is instant and pushes back enemies doing air dmg too and more dmg then 1st spell. My ace skill lightning strike from elementalist which profits from air crit chance and ele passive that adds 10% dmg and crit chance to this skill.
Back to top Go down
Darkender
Commander
Commander
Darkender

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 9:23 pm

hmmmm, havent had any problems with eles and storms yet, the ones i see that dps the most out of the mage tree are pyros, are the only ones that make me back off a little sometimes, havnt been squirrled not even once in pvp or warfronts, and the ele pets are just a joke (as the razorback and all the other pets in pvp), chloros on the other hand are kinda annoying with theyr heals and some of theyr CC, dunno if your build will work at 27+ since i havent seen any non warlock/pyro crit for much (more than 200-400 at 27) most of the crits i see come from mm/rangers and shamans.

I got my ele/storm/chloro to 16 on the 2nd beta, then started my cleric on the 3rd, way 2 many skills for me to focus on pvp. had like 3 bars full of skills + 1 bar of buffs/debuffs, was pretty annoying at that time since the max bars u could have were 4, was doing a 50%/50% storm ele, damage adds and buffs from ele and attacks from chloro/storm.

The other thing ive seen that will break the game for crit builds are pvp souls, my templar pvp soul (for cleric) gives a 15% less crits recieved and i think it can go up wtih some adds, that and u get LOTS of anti CC and procs from healing and recieving damage, and the -crit is on almost every pvp soul, that would leave only heavy critters being able to crit, like rogues that get lots of +crit, doubt the shaman or any other class can crit you with a reduced 15%.

The crafting is also pretty good in the game, i got butchering to 90+ runecrafting to 40+ and (making clothes/armors/bags/ forgot the name) to 40+, only problem is that the freaking bags you have till 27 are 2 tiny, I got the main big one then the rest are 4x 8 slots, wich cant hold much really, that + crafting items = no space..

Gotta wait till friday for next beta :/
Back to top Go down
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 9:38 pm

Well crit works both ways, if you go for crit, you gotta go all the way or you wont be critting indeed, but the pvp soul for mage and probably other classes has +crit chance too.

Also that way too colorfull purple defiant race has a crit passive and crit active and there are acessories/trinkets/stones that add crit chance too.

As for my build, I'm not very sure how well it would do top lvls, but it has a lot of potential, the dominator class is being severly underestimated by a lot of people, for example with 10 or 15 skill points or so in dominator you can have your squirrel transformation have no or 5 second cooldown, also the dominator has passives against resistance vs your CC.

The normal cc's like stun/root/slow are easily dispelled by most classes, but the squirrel makes you unable to even cast those, now imagine a squirrel/heavy nuke/squirrel/heavy nuke/squirrel tactic. That's just awesome cheapass 1vs1 pvp/pve win.

Oh and my build also profits from normal air dmg buffs in it, so even when it doesn't crit, the simple instant cast or short cast but heavy nukes combined with dots and debuffs still get the job done even without crits.
The dmg it adds to non crit air dmg would be 5%+42%+20%+(10% on my best nuke) which is still 77% non crit extra dmg (not sure if it's combined or upgraded on top of each other) to my best spell at lvl 27
Back to top Go down
Facade
Advisory Board
Advisory Board
Facade

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 2:16 am

Snow wrote:

now imagine a squirrel/heavy nuke/squirrel/heavy nuke/squirrel tactic. That's just awesome cheapass 1vs1 pvp/pve win.

seen a low lvl build kind of like that kicking butt in 1v1... Dominator/Pyromancer they have a 6sec cast huge nuke perfect for squirels along with the rest of there dps

. I will be pre ordering very soon. Probally next week,(since i pre ordered DragonAge2 this week heh) Rift is a solid game well worth playing i think.

I didnt lvl much this beta since i was testing other classes etc. on Guardian side i done all 3 instances, RoF(17-22, DD(20-25), and DS(24-30 last boss here was crazy near impossible without a very high dps and organised team)
I spent most my time playing as a warrior class (25)on guardian this time round, builds between pure tank and a Beastmaster/Dps build which was alot of fun.

At the end there i was playing with a rogue class, since the marksmen in pvp kept kicking my butt. (Melee classes have a hard time early on in pvp) Though i can see later there dmg etc will improve alot.
Back to top Go down
Facade
Advisory Board
Advisory Board
Facade

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 2:29 am

Darkender wrote:
and the ele pets are just a joke (as the razorback and all the other pets in pvp) :/

Have you come across a Beastmasters pet? not the low lvl ones, the Greater Primal, that thing hits pretty hard and attacks have different effects depending on what stance its in.

As for the Squirl i have to agree no one in PvP has Squirrelled me either, which is highly underated, That was one of the greatest moves in WoW, Sheep nuke nuke nuke, Blink, Stun/root/sleep again repeat.
Now you can have that same setup in Rift, since all those spells plus alot more are availble.

I personally was considering a Dominator/Storm(or pyro)/Chloro build -Chlro 0pt debuff = a 15% chance to gain 100% dmg in Health back(from anyone on target)
example: Say I nuke you for 300 dmg i then 15% chance to gain 300 health(can later be improved past 15%) which is pretty nasty since you can concentrate on Damage, with a chance of keeping yourself healed for no extra effort.
Back to top Go down
Facade
Advisory Board
Advisory Board
Facade

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 2:35 am

Darkender wrote:

The crafting is also pretty good in the game, i got butchering to 90+ runecrafting to 40+ and (making clothes/armors/bags/ forgot the name) to 40+, only problem is that the freaking bags you have till 27 are 2 tiny, I got the main big one then the rest are 4x 8 slots, wich cant hold much really, that + crafting items = no space..

you can buy 12slot bags in the tarvern rare goods seller. pretty expensive though. Didn't really try crafting though i did get my mining to 65
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next