Aetherius Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aetherius Network

International multi-gaming guild since 2006.

HomeAetheriusEventsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Come chat with us on Discord! It's where everyone is at now! https://discord.gg/aBSngGf
Check out our Aetherius Network Facebook Page to see upcoming news and/or enter giveaways.
Follow us on Twitter!

Closed Beta Action.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Artinaaz Gunu
Veteran
Veteran

Male
Number of posts : 67
IGN[Game NickName] : -
Current Status : Taking Long Break
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Closed Beta Action. Empty
PostSubject: Closed Beta Action.   Closed Beta Action. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 3:10 am

Since I seem to be the only one that got into the closed beta for this game, I'll be sure to post info and answer any questions you have.

My initial play period has only been about 30-45 minutes due to moving, school, and work. Tomorrow I'll be sure to have more detail in this post and I will continue to edit the top post so it's easier to get all the information on the game itself rather than having to potentially sift through multiple comments.

::CLASSES::
At the moment there are only three classes available. All of this info is just pulled form the Wakfu site - http://www.wakfu.com/na/mmorpg
Cra's Range
Role type: Archer.
Hit Strength: Good. They can hit without being hit back, thanks to their long distance shots.
Flexibility: Average. Their role is to help their teammates and to be at the rear so they can't be taken as targets themselves.
Cooperation: Excellent to cover their team mates' backs, thanks to their distance attacks. They can support their allies using their beacon summons.
Fighting Position: Second line. They don't have many Health Points and opponents using magic are a real threat to them.
Easy Target: slow opponent who has to get close to make contact.
Difficult Target: An enemy with long distance attacks who can hide.

Iop's Heart
Role type: Fanatic Warrior
Hit Strength: Excellent. A Iop's frontal damages are the highest of all the classes.
Flexibility: Good. Iops deal out huge single hits (earth), multiple quick hits (air), and can support their fighting allies.
Cooperation: Very good line of support (+25% to +50% damage buff to the group). Thanks to their locking ability, they also have a good tanking role.
Fighting Position: Front line! Their number of Health Points, as well as their use of a shield, makes them very good tanks!
Easy Target: A clumsy, solitary and slow-moving opponent.
Difficult Target: Any opponent who's too fast or agile and has long distance attacks.

Eniripsa's Hands
Role type: Healer.
Hit Strength: Limited. They can't stay in close contact and they need to play around with their positioning.
Flexibility: Excellent. They can be very useful in attack and indispensable in defense.
Cooperation: Excellent. They help their allies with heals, resurrections and improvements (buffs). This class is designed for support and teamwork.
Fighting Position: Neither completely at the back (they have to stay in range), nor completely exposed (their self-defense is limited). It's better that they're not targeted.
Easy Target: An opponent who relies on States, because they can easily counter many of them.
Difficult Target: Warriors who are strong at close combat.

My first char is the Eniripsa (aspirine ehehe ) Most of the games I play I normally choose a healer since not everyone wants to constantly keep their comrades alive and because I honestly dont like having to continuously vie for better gear so I can keep up with demand. Finally because I like being the "good guy". Anyway, the game started out pretty simple enough but since I didnt play Dofus, there is a lot of missing info for me. They give you your companion within 10 seconds and he/she/it guides you around acting as the tutorial for game basics. Like Shu had in a related post, there are nearly NO NPCs. Ive ran into 10> that actually do anything. And thats all in the training world. A cool thing is that if you ever forget what to do in a basic game mechanic, you can return here to get reminded. I haven't gone much further than that though due to the short amount of time I played.

Movement is simple click-hold or multi click procedure. Pretty much like how Blizzard did with the Diablo series. The only problem I had is the same problem I had in Diablo, it's a pain to select a target sometimes. If you're moving the screen and see a creature you want to initiate a battle with, it takes a couple of tries until the confirm window comes up.

To start a battle you have to right-click on an enemy and then select what you want to do with it. (harvest, attack, ect.) After clicking the sword icon all parties are moved to the "battlefield" in different positions and you place where you want to start. From there its pretty simple. One cool addition to basic tactical combat, that they added, was this secondary meter. The faster you complete your round, the faster this meter fills. When it's full you get to pick a bonus on the next turn you take. So far I've received +60% DMG, +2MP(which is a LOT. Base MP for the healer is 6), And i forgot the third... :P It's a nifty little addition to normal gameplay. Spells level up as you use them. As a healer I used a Zombification spell and just healed the crap out of my enemy, so my heal gets leveled up. The system is pretty nice and helps deter powerleveling, imo.

Harvesting can be done with living and deceased creatures, and the rewards are different. When you harvest a live creature, you get a Seed of that creature that you can use to repopulate an area with. To repopulate a species you must be in the area that family originated from. So introducing a new species to an area is impossible. Harvesting after it is dead will give you materials to craft items with.

That's all I have for today. If I have anything to add after my first ACTUAL sitdown to play it(later today) I'll edit this post here and note that I edited it at the bottom.
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male
Number of posts : 10794
IGN[Game NickName] : Ashura/Iori Yagami
Current Status : Busy at Work
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Closed Beta Action.   Closed Beta Action. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 7:19 am

nice to know u been testing it.i didn have much time lately since i was busy with rl and in ff14 atm.when i have more time i will test it ^^
Back to top Go down
Artinaaz Gunu
Veteran
Veteran

Male
Number of posts : 67
IGN[Game NickName] : -
Current Status : Taking Long Break
Registration date : 2011-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Closed Beta Action.   Closed Beta Action. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 7:42 am

Ok. I wasn't sure if it was ok for me to mention that situation so I just omitted it.
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male
Number of posts : 10794
IGN[Game NickName] : Ashura/Iori Yagami
Current Status : Busy at Work
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Closed Beta Action.   Closed Beta Action. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 8:58 am

I recall ppl usually play 2 account and team up on dofus since they allow it on dofus.not sure if it apply here.

one healer and archer or one healer and warrior
Back to top Go down
Savasana
Trooper
Trooper
Savasana

Male
Number of posts : 11
IGN[Game NickName] : Savasana
Current Status : Busy at School
Registration date : 2010-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Closed Beta Action.   Closed Beta Action. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 8:00 am

Hey Artinaaz are you still playing the closed beta? How is it so far?

Have they implemented the ecosystem and political features (electing governers)?

What kind of content is there?

e.g. in Dofus, besides grinding, there was dungeons for unique rewards, killing perceptors, breeding/getting a mount, etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Closed Beta Action.   Closed Beta Action. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Closed Beta Action.
Page 1 of 1