PvE or PvP Server? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Aetherius Network

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aetherius Network

International multi-gaming guild since 2006.

Come chat with us on Discord! It's where everyone is at now! https://discord.gg/aBSngGf
Check out our Aetherius Network Facebook Page to see upcoming news and/or enter giveaways.
Follow us on Twitter!

+8
AsiaHero
mina
Airy
ash
Buffie
Snow
Dias
AxLR0Se
12 posters

PvE or PvP Server?

Poll

PvE or PvP

[ 4 ]
    PvE or PvP Server? Bar_left33%PvE or PvP Server? Bar_right [33%] 
    [ 8 ]
    PvE or PvP Server? Bar_left67%PvE or PvP Server? Bar_right [67%] 

Total Votes: 12
    AxLR0Se
    AxLR0Se
    Commander
    Commander

Male
    Number of posts : 1337
    IGN[Game NickName] : AxLR0Se/SpongeBoB
    Registration date : 2008-06-30

PvE or PvP Server? Empty PvE or PvP Server?

Post by AxLR0Se Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:42 pm

As OB is getting closer to the release. It's time to start making some decisions. This topic is one of a few topics i will be making. All to help us decide how we will run the new guild in RoM.

So, what do you guys say? PvE or PvP?
    In PvP server you can attack anyone at any time after level 15. In PvE you can only attack if you're flagged for pvp, and the other person is flagged as well.

But remember the game has a lot of pvp features, svs, gvg, battlegrounds, duels, etc.

So take your time making this decision. :)
    Dias
    Dias
    Commander
    Commander

Male
    Number of posts : 1396
    IGN[Game NickName] : Dias Trakand
    Current Status : Happy
    Registration date : 2008-04-05

PvE or PvP Server? Empty Re: PvE or PvP Server?

Post by Dias Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:43 pm

pvp :)
    Snow
    Snow
    The Almighty Banana
    The Almighty Banana

Male
    Number of posts : 6807
    IGN[Game NickName] : Snow, Nuts, Nut, Snowball, Splash, Snowy
    Current Status : Busy at School
    Registration date : 2008-06-02

Post by Snow Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:58 pm

Well I find open world pvp in RoM kinda lame, I would choose for the PvE server.

I experienced this with 8BallMoney guy I owned him 5 times in duel on my mage. Then when we went Gallery with a party another party was going too, I warned him if he attacks us it ll end up like in those duels.

So we enter and other party attacks us.... (I was on my rogue) So I 1~3 hit kill anyone other then my party members in there. (yes when rogue villainy was way too overpowered still) So kill 8ball too. Then we did 1st quest, go back the other party there again attacks us, we kill em. Go for our 2nd quest when being mobbed by mobs 8Ball came out of stealth killed 3 of our party members before I could kill him off. We regroup again and the noob ball comes again for another serving... tried kill me this time but uh well guess he just has no brains anyway we killed him once again.

The whole point of this is it's full of lame pvpers there, and having open world pvp will have these weirdos come back again and again and again and again, and it's freking annoying not to have any spot where you can ignore idiots like that for a min.
    Buffie
    Buffie
    High Priestess
    High Priestess

Female
    Number of posts : 1780
    IGN[Game NickName] : Buffie
    Registration date : 2008-06-12

Post by Buffie Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:00 am

I'm not gonna vote coz i don't care either way hehehe. i go with the flow thumbs up
    Dias
    Dias
    Commander
    Commander

Male

Post by Dias Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:02 am

I dislike feeling safe , I wanna be on the edge , I wanna be expecting attack from the enemy every second , I wanna know that I can be jumped every second , I dont like the pvp flag option .
    Snow
    Snow
    The Almighty Banana
    The Almighty Banana

Male

Post by Snow Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:14 am

haha, I like the feeling, I just hate annoying morrons that come with free pvp >_<
    Dias
    Dias
    Commander
    Commander

Male

Post by Dias Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:16 am

Snowflake wrote:haha, I like the feeling, I just hate annoying morrons that come with free pvp >_<

Ya I know what you mean, PVP Servers on P2P mmos are what realy gives you this feeling ,F2P pvp servers are realy annoying sometimes
    ash
    ash
    Commander
    Commander

Male
    Number of posts : 710
    IGN[Game NickName] : Ordain,Arthorius,Vaandrin
    Current Status : Active
    Registration date : 2008-06-01

Post by ash Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:28 am

lol i vote PvE those ppl with random pkin are jus annoyin....anyways we can pk so im cool with PvE
    Airy
    Airy
    Captain
    Captain

Male
    Number of posts : 320
    IGN[Game NickName] : Airy
    Current Status : Normal
    Registration date : 2008-06-01

Post by Airy Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:43 pm

Most people would play on pvp server so pvp XD.
    AxLR0Se
    AxLR0Se
    Commander
    Commander

Male

Post by AxLR0Se Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:57 pm

Well i'm losing my broadband service and i don't know when i can get a new service.
    So for now it looks like I won't be able to lead. Yeah... bad time to lose my service. :(
    So someone else will have to step up. As i don't think 56k can play games well lol
    mina
    mina
    Celestial Council
    Celestial Council

Female
    Number of posts : 3326
    Registration date : 2008-03-31

Post by mina Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:38 pm

I say PVP because drama is so much more interesting :p
    AsiaHero
    AsiaHero
    Captain
    Captain

Male
    Number of posts : 174
    IGN[Game NickName] : TonyDaTiger
    Current Status : Normal
    Registration date : 2008-06-29

Post by AsiaHero Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:20 pm

in PvP, i hope theres going to be a territory war, for who or party or guild to take up dailies ^^
    fun fun
    Neoyoshi
    Neoyoshi
    Grandpa
    Grandpa

Male
    Number of posts : 1711
    IGN[Game NickName] : Neoyoshi
    Registration date : 2008-04-11

Post by Neoyoshi Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:21 pm

Snowflake wrote:Well I find open world pvp in RoM kinda lame, I would choose for the PvE server.

I experienced this with 8BallMoney guy I owned him 5 times in duel on my mage. Then when we went Gallery with a party another party was going too, I warned him if he attacks us it ll end up like in those duels.

So we enter and other party attacks us.... (I was on my rogue) So I 1~3 hit kill anyone other then my party members in there. (yes when rogue villainy was way too overpowered still) So kill 8ball too. Then we did 1st quest, go back the other party there again attacks us, we kill em. Go for our 2nd quest when being mobbed by mobs 8Ball came out of stealth killed 3 of our party members before I could kill him off. We regroup again and the noob ball comes again for another serving... tried kill me this time but uh well guess he just has no brains anyway we killed him once again.

The whole point of this is it's full of lame pvpers there, and having open world pvp will have these weirdos come back again and again and again and again, and it's freking annoying not to have any spot where you can ignore idiots like that for a min.

Snow's right, Open world PvP just carries too many complications, and game's with open world PvP is made for guilds/players that are hell-bent on disgruntling other guilds/people into not playing so they can become the top players/top guild; it's a mindless, senseless and down-right dis-honorable playing style that i don't think this guild was every remotely comprised of/or built within the foundations there-of.

Or to put it simply, i don't like the idea of not giving people a choice between how they play, a PvE server gives them at least the option - the PvP server is usually reserved for "PvP-only guilds."

But then again, i suppose it doesn't really effect me since I've decided not to play RoM; i guess I'm just a little paranoid, and maybe in a way I'd rather see us continue the whole GvG routine - which I'm willing to except more easily then open-PvP, but..it's your call guys (and gals.)
    Snow
    Snow
    The Almighty Banana
    The Almighty Banana

Male

Post by Snow Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:36 pm

Neoyoshi wrote:
    Snowflake wrote:Well I find open world pvp in RoM kinda lame, I would choose for the PvE server.

Snow's right, Open world PvP just carries too many complications, and game's with open world PvP is made for guilds/players that are hell-bent on disgruntling other guilds/people into not playing so they can become the top players/top guild; it's a mindless, senseless and down-right dis-honorable playing style that i don't think this guild was every remotely comprised of/or built within the foundations there-of.

Or to put it simply, i don't like the idea of not giving people a choice between how they play, a PvE server gives them at least the option - the PvP server is usually reserved for "PvP-only guilds."

But then again, i suppose it doesn't really effect me since I've decided not to play RoM; i guess I'm just a little paranoid, and maybe in a way I'd rather see us continue the whole GvG routine - which I'm willing to except more easily then open-PvP, but..it's your call guys (and gals.)

+1
    AxLR0Se
    AxLR0Se
    Commander
    Commander

Male

Post by AxLR0Se Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:33 pm

Meh. You guys are making it very hard to decide on a server lol
    So what is it? pve or pvp server? half the people want pve, the other half want pvp.. :monk:
    Shu
    Shu
    Celestial Council
    Celestial Council

Male
    Number of posts : 10794
    IGN[Game NickName] : Ashura/Iori Yagami
    Current Status : Busy at Work
    Registration date : 2008-03-31

Post by Shu Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:41 pm

decide on ur own axl.dont mind neo or snow who most likely wont play rom anyway heh.
    i will go pve server if i were u.since rune feature allow one guild to declare war on another guild anyway and they can pvp even in town.that will give members who prefer mindless pvp a chance to quests and grind unless they get their guild to declare war making them open target in town as well :)
    Snow
    Snow
    The Almighty Banana
    The Almighty Banana

Male

Post by Snow Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:43 pm

Yep, and there is plenty of pvp features besides that too.
    legend2
    legend2
    Trooper
    Trooper

Male
    Number of posts : 16
    IGN[Game NickName] : Balroth
    Current Status : Active
    Registration date : 2008-08-31

Post by legend2 Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:39 am

(PvE)..Sounds good to me >)
    LordOfSkulls
    LordOfSkulls
    Commander
    Commander

Number of posts : 523
    Registration date : 2008-04-10

Post by LordOfSkulls Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:35 pm

PVP final.... >.> it 4 vs 8.....

I start playing RoM after 4 hours that when my last class happens this semster.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:43 am