Aetherius Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aetherius Network

International multi-gaming guild since 2006.

HomeAetheriusEventsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Come chat with us on Discord! It's where everyone is at now! https://discord.gg/aBSngGf
Check out our Aetherius Network Facebook Page to see upcoming news and/or enter giveaways.
Follow us on Twitter!

Dungeons & Dragons Online Goes Free to Play Model

Go down 
+5
Buffie
AxLR0Se
Regalis
Snow
Shu
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Buffie
High Priestess
High Priestess
Buffie

Female
Number of posts : 1780
IGN[Game NickName] : Buffie
Current Status : Happy
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Dungeons & Dragons Online Goes Free to Play Model - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online Goes Free to Play Model   Dungeons & Dragons Online Goes Free to Play Model - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 4:54 pm

Ahhh found it under turbine lol ty hun
Back to top Go down
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male
Number of posts : 6807
IGN[Game NickName] : Snow, Nuts, Nut, Snowball, Splash, Snowy
Current Status : Busy at School
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online Goes Free to Play Model   Dungeons & Dragons Online Goes Free to Play Model - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 4:54 pm

yw hunny ^^
join vent when ya go online, can't whisper in game T_T
Back to top Go down
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/8485/1snowflakecardmadebyneoc
Buffie
High Priestess
High Priestess
Buffie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online Goes Free to Play Model   Dungeons & Dragons Online Goes Free to Play Model - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 5:15 pm

This game is so complicated :bored:
Back to top Go down
Supamoe
Leaders Council
Leaders Council
Supamoe

Male
Number of posts : 872
IGN[Game NickName] : Supamoe
Current Status : Normal
Registration date : 2008-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online Goes Free to Play Model   Dungeons & Dragons Online Goes Free to Play Model - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 7:17 pm

Moe-Bear shall try this shiznit, it better be good lol Upper Hand
Back to top Go down
Regalis
Commander
Commander
Regalis

Male
Number of posts : 1438
IGN[Game NickName] : Regalis, FxArch, Ashlan, Denna
Registration date : 2008-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online Goes Free to Play Model   Dungeons & Dragons Online Goes Free to Play Model - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 2:03 am

Guild made in DDO.

Name: Locust

Send a message to Elyos to join.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cebt-tribe.com
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male
Number of posts : 10794
IGN[Game NickName] : Ashura/Iori Yagami
Current Status : Busy at Work
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online Goes Free to Play Model   Dungeons & Dragons Online Goes Free to Play Model - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 2:15 am

i tot u guys cant use whisper?^^
Back to top Go down
Regalis
Commander
Commander
Regalis

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online Goes Free to Play Model   Dungeons & Dragons Online Goes Free to Play Model - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 2:29 am

We can't. But Guild Chat and Party Chat still works. So one way or another I'm sure we can get everyone in the guild. Saw Buffie running past a minute ago and I have Snow in my friend's list so I can send the invitation to them easily :^_-:
Back to top Go down
Buffie
High Priestess
High Priestess
Buffie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online Goes Free to Play Model   Dungeons & Dragons Online Goes Free to Play Model - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 2:32 am

Lol Reg I didnt know that was you xD
Im logging off now though before i die of boredom or even frustration haha :^_-:
Back to top Go down
Regalis
Commander
Commander
Regalis

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online Goes Free to Play Model   Dungeons & Dragons Online Goes Free to Play Model - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 3:00 am

Come party with me then! =D
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online Goes Free to Play Model   Dungeons & Dragons Online Goes Free to Play Model - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 4:14 am

No free-to-play model for Dungeons and Dragons Online in Europe

While Turbine intends to turn MMORPG Dungeons & Dragons Online into a free-to-play title in the US, there are no current plans to do the same in Europe, according to regional publisher Codemasters.

A digital upgrade for the game titled Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited will go live this summer in North America, allowing new users to play for free and purchase content via micro-transactions.

"To clarify, for the time being, DDO Europe will not be assuming this new business model and the European DDO game service will remain a monthly subscription-based game with all new content created available to all subscribers, as has been the model up until now," said Codemasters in a statement.

"As the beta progresses we will release more information regarding the future plans for EU players," added the publisher.

Back to top Go down
Neoyoshi
Grandpa
Grandpa
Neoyoshi

Male
Number of posts : 1711
IGN[Game NickName] : Neoyoshi
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online Goes Free to Play Model   Dungeons & Dragons Online Goes Free to Play Model - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 6:27 am

Buffie wrote:
Lol Reg I didnt know that was you xD
Im logging off now though before i die of boredom or even frustration haha :^_-:

Try to take your time Buffie; i have this really strong feeling this is your first time playing a actual D&D title (basically using the real Dungeon rules and all.), I know it's confusing at first, it's not supposed to be simple, but if you just take things one step at a time, it'll make sense after awhile; and believe me, in video game form the Rules and all the other elements are so condensed and filtered that it's no where near the grand scale of material the table-top version offers. (which sucks for me and some of the others because i want my Shadow Dancer Class! :T_T: )

So take it slow, and if your unsure about anything, please ask for help.

P.s. If any of these guys try to rush you when your feeling uncertain about something, just bonk them in the head and tell em to calm down! :P
:ow:
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online Goes Free to Play Model   Dungeons & Dragons Online Goes Free to Play Model - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 7:39 am

hehe i will try this when beta comes for f2p model.

i prefer more to AD&D rules and forgotten realm campaign setting compare to d&d ^^,also i i really doubt they allow u to ascend to immortal in the current version

anyway been so long i never played the table paper version of this game...i hope i will like it when i log in when beta start heh
Back to top Go down
Neoyoshi
Grandpa
Grandpa
Neoyoshi

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online Goes Free to Play Model   Dungeons & Dragons Online Goes Free to Play Model - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 7:50 am

Ashura wrote:
hehe i will try this when beta comes for f2p model.

i prefer more to AD&D rules and forgotten realm campaign setting compare to d&d ^^,also i i really doubt they allow u to ascend to immortal in the current version

anyway been so long i never played the table paper version of this game...i hope i will like it when i log in when beta start heh

Yeah, it sucks that they don't really touch the 3rd Class stuff, but maybe in future patches they'll toss them in; another really cool 3rd class is Dragon Disciple, you basically become a Dragon Halfling. :P
Back to top Go down
Buffie
High Priestess
High Priestess
Buffie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online Goes Free to Play Model   Dungeons & Dragons Online Goes Free to Play Model - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 7:57 am

Hehe yep Neo I am a total D&D noob. The descriptions on skills and equipt and everything is alien. Even when ppl try help me in vent Im like hmmmm what language are they talking? Oh and the biggest pain in the butt is the game doesnt have mp pots. The leveling system is crazy and as a cleric I dont have one magic skill. I have a crappy buff and heal that eat mp like its water and loads of passives that dont do diddly squat. I am almost lvl 3 (which for ppl that havent played its like lvl 20 or something, I mean wth is lvl 2 rank 11 all about?) and I am no different than I was when I created my char hahaha. The quests are frustrating if you havent done them before and after spending an hour searching for a secret door I know is there and the damn thing thing doesnt appear I get bloody cross hehe Yes I am ranting coz its the first time a game has made me want to bash my keyboard! Oh yes and top it all off my char is seriously ugly!
And now Shu says its not free in Euro I am releived coz I wont pay for this twoddle rofl. I will however not be beaten by this game until my runs out! I just hope the next 8 day and 20 hrs go pretty fast :fail:
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online Goes Free to Play Model   Dungeons & Dragons Online Goes Free to Play Model - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 8:05 am

lol buffie ^^
Back to top Go down
Neoyoshi
Grandpa
Grandpa
Neoyoshi

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online Goes Free to Play Model   Dungeons & Dragons Online Goes Free to Play Model - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 12:04 pm

Awwwww, I'm sorry your having such a rough time with the game Buffie; please try to hang in there, other-wise, i might have to mail you one of my many spare keyboards. (I have no clue how i accumulated so many @_@ )
Back to top Go down
Regalis
Commander
Commander
Regalis

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online Goes Free to Play Model   Dungeons & Dragons Online Goes Free to Play Model - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 3:38 am

Of course it's bloody hard! :^_-: You always need a healer/tank, damage dealer, rogue and wizard in your party to be even remote successful in clearing the dungeons fully. That's the beauty of D&D, every class is needed and no class is overpowered. Sure my paladin can kill way faster now but at later levels his damage will be way lower and his spell ability's way higher. A rogue coupled with sneak attack can out damage everything and it also has disarm device and open lock. Unfortunately it is a wimp when it gets attacked.

When you level your cleric up you will learn spells like Implosion, Power Word: Death, Summon Creature IX and Destruction (If they included it all which I sure hope so). You will be able to kill enemies in 1 hit, even bosses, if they fail a fortitude save. You don't get a penalty from wearing heavy armour and have a high hit dice (8d). You'll have a mass healing spell which heals almost every member to full hp. Even now we're having trouble doing any dungeons without you healing us. Only your melee damage is quite bad and you have to watch your mana. Then again you got Turn Undead which is just OP when you can kill almost every undead in 1 hit.
Back to top Go down
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online Goes Free to Play Model   Dungeons & Dragons Online Goes Free to Play Model - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 7:44 am

oww yeah, explain me about the dice rolls please ^_^
I still don't fully get how they work
Back to top Go down
Buffie
High Priestess
High Priestess
Buffie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online Goes Free to Play Model   Dungeons & Dragons Online Goes Free to Play Model - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 8:26 am

Hehe Neo, the keyboard collector :^_-: but sweet as always :kiss2: Oh btw are you in the guild yet so we can pty Neo?
Yea having any kind of magic spell would be nice right now Reggy, but I will swap the dmg for a group heal :s2:

Hehe Snow I asked that question and got an answer, but I didnt get it rofl!
Back to top Go down
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online Goes Free to Play Model   Dungeons & Dragons Online Goes Free to Play Model - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 10:30 am

You don't have to understand it. It's same in all the mmos that we play now aswell, you just don't actually see the dices. It's how dmg is calculated, you still just look at weapon dmg, etc, in the other mmos you play the dmg shown is just simplified to weapon speed + weapon dmg.
Back to top Go down
Regalis
Commander
Commander
Regalis

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online Goes Free to Play Model   Dungeons & Dragons Online Goes Free to Play Model - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 11:03 am

A dice is like a dice in any board game. d8 means a dice with 8 sides, d6 a dice with 6 sides etc. When you have an attack that does 1d6 damage it rolls a dice with 6 sides. So the damage ranges from 1 to 6. So a 1d6 attack does 1 to 6 damage.

You also have 2d6 or 4d8 or whatever. Let's say you have an attack that does 2d6 damage. This means you roll two dices with each 6 sides. so your damage is between 2-12, only the even numbers though. So you can hit 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 or 12 damage with the spell.
Back to top Go down
Buffie
High Priestess
High Priestess
Buffie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online Goes Free to Play Model   Dungeons & Dragons Online Goes Free to Play Model - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 11:51 am

Well I have tried to learn this game but the info even on the forums is for people that have played and know the game from previous versions. So if you havent played it before its frustrating beyond belief hehe. Buffie over and out thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Regalis
Commander
Commander
Regalis

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online Goes Free to Play Model   Dungeons & Dragons Online Goes Free to Play Model - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 3:49 am

Come on guys we need more people! I rolled a human sorc and it's very hard levelling it without a party :^_-:
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online Goes Free to Play Model   Dungeons & Dragons Online Goes Free to Play Model - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 4:01 am

do u know lvl 20 in d&d is = lvl 80 in other mmo according to the game hehe

its suppose to be hard to lvl ^^

anyway left 12 days till i move.so i cant grind atm heh
Back to top Go down
Regalis
Commander
Commander
Regalis

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online Goes Free to Play Model   Dungeons & Dragons Online Goes Free to Play Model - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 4:14 am

No not that :laugh: The sorcerer is a wimp compared to the fighters, paladins and barbarians. He can't solo whatsoever at the lower levels though he has epic crowd control skills.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online Goes Free to Play Model   Dungeons & Dragons Online Goes Free to Play Model - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dungeons & Dragons Online Goes Free to Play Model
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next