Aetherius Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aetherius Network

International multi-gaming guild since 2006.

HomeAetheriusEventsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Come chat with us on Discord! It's where everyone is at now! https://discord.gg/aBSngGf
Check out our Aetherius Network Facebook Page to see upcoming news and/or enter giveaways.
Follow us on Twitter!

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning

Go down 
+10
LordOfSkulls
Evocator
ash
Dias
Marsares
mina
Spectre
Shu
Kurupt
Sakuragi
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Sakuragi
Raider
Raider
Sakuragi

Male
Number of posts : 950
IGN[Game NickName] : Saku, Sakura, Sakii, Reiss, Zulu
Registration date : 2008-04-10

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning Empty
PostSubject: Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning   Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 9:18 pm

Seems like a HOT game...though it looks a lot like WoW :S
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning   Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 9:23 pm

who cares about wow ... :laugh: ... this mmo looks promising ...although not as much as age of conan or spellborn chronicles :/...:
Back to top Go down
Sakuragi
Raider
Raider
Sakuragi

Male
Number of posts : 950
IGN[Game NickName] : Saku, Sakura, Sakii, Reiss, Zulu
Registration date : 2008-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning   Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 10:07 pm

i dunno this one looks pretty cool too but atm it doesn't seem more unique than AoC...not sure about spellborn chronicles...haven't kept up with that one.
Back to top Go down
Kurupt
Captain
Captain
Kurupt

Male
Number of posts : 328
IGN[Game NickName] : Kurupt
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning   Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 12:45 am

i think this is gona be one of the best mmos
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male
Number of posts : 10794
IGN[Game NickName] : Ashura/Iori Yagami
Current Status : Busy at Work
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning   Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 2:57 am

i dunno why i dont feel like playing this.but it more of name thing to me,i just dont like name.

maybe someone who actually played it can give us a review on this?^^
Back to top Go down
Kurupt
Captain
Captain
Kurupt

Male

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning   Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 1:22 am

TO SUM IT ALL UP

Key Features

* Dominated by force of arms and magic, Games Workshop's popular Warhammer fantasy world provides a rich setting for hundreds of thousands of players to experience the epic nature of war and the glory of battle.
* Join one of six armies and fight for the Realms of Order (Dwarf, High Elf and Empire) or Destruction (Greenskin, Dark Elf, or Chaos).
* Never fight alone thanks to a next generation Realm vs. Realm (RvR) game system. With an army of allied players at your back, you will defend your homeland, invade enemy realms, and ultimately join the siege of your opposing Realm's capital city. Different types of RvR combat include:
o Open World RvR: Participate in melee skirmishes, objective-based battles and keep sieges.
o Scenarios: Join instanced battles with up to 24 players per side for multi-player combat action, including Capture the Flag, Murder Ball, and more.
o Capital City Siege: Take part in an ongoing campaign to invade an enemy's land and sack their capital city.
* Journey to the frontlines and undertake a wide variety of PvE quest types related to an army's ongoing war efforts, including the new Public Quests: multi-staged, communal quests to be completed by allied players fighting together against overwhelming odds.
* Embark on an epic quest to complete the Tome of Knowledge and unlock Warhammer lore, detailed monster information, new abilities and rewards, and major story plotlines.
* A robust combat system allows players to customize their character's combat abilities with Career Masteries, Tactics, and Morale Skills.
* Explore massive Living Cities that become more or less prosperous based on a Realm's overall performance in the ongoing war. Navigate a maze of twisting streets, visit the local tavern, explore a dark undercity, and meet colorful personalities in a city full of adventure.

Players will be able to decorate themselves in trophies, such as the heads of their fallen enemies.[17] Other forms of customization include Tactics: bonuses players can select before a battle, as well as Morales: abilities that become available as the player participates in battle. Customizable armor and a visual guild system allow a player to make their character truly unique.

Realm vs. Realm

WAR features next generation Realm vs. Realm (RvR) combat.[19] This takes place within three different racial pairings: Dwarfs vs. Greenskins, Empire vs. Chaos, and High Elves vs. Dark Elves. Although there are only 2 races per pairing, players may travel to either of the other two pairings to help fight with their friends and allies. There are four types of RvR combat: Skirmishes (random world PvP), Battlefields (object-driven battles in RvR-specific areas), Scenarios (instanced, point-based battles against the opposing faction, with sides evened by NPC "dogs of war"), and Campaigns (invading enemy lands and capital cities). RvR contribution includes both Player vs. Player (PvP) combat and (to a lesser extent) Player vs. Environment (PvE) quests so that you can assist your realm in their victory.

All activities in WAR contribute to the campaign, as it is the primary focus of the game. Each of the aforementioned activities generate victory points (VP) which measure a realm's progress in capturing a zone. When one realm reaches a designated amount of victory points in a particular zone, that zone falls under their control and the war pushes deeper into enemy territory. This back and forth struggle for zone control continues until the war eventually reaches one of the capital cities where the attacking side may sack, loot, and pillage that capital city. The capture of a capital city is the pinnacle objective of the campaign. To prevent the invaders from maintaining control of an enemy's capital city, the defeated players will passively grow stronger and stronger until they are able to force the attackers out of their city and close the gates, regathering their forces. It is at this point where the campaign then begins anew, restarting the cycle.

Keeps and Keep Sieges were recently introduced into WAR’s Realm vs Realm combat system. Keeps can be captured for victory points towards your realm and can be claimed by the capturing guild. NPCs will be stationed at all keeps (claimed or unclaimed) to ensure a certain level of difficulty is maintained and that at least 1-2 full groups are required to capture. Should players decide to defend it, the difficulty in capturing the keep will increase greatly. The game design decorates each keep according to the race that controls it; however, the basic layout will stay the same. Siege warfare includes four types of weapons: rams for keep doors and other targets, ballistae for enemy players or siege weapons, cannons, catapults, and trebuchets for AoE splash damage, and boiling oil to use from keep walls. Strategically located near keeps, siege pads can be destroyed by players of the defending realm, inhibiting the siege process. [20]

Tome of Knowledge

WAR features a "Tome of Knowledge" (ToK) that is an extension upon similar mechanisms in many other MMOs. The ToK is a multi-purpose reference tool that is designed to provide the player with a great deal of information about the game world. It is also meant to serve as a reduction in the need for players to feel like they have to rely upon third-party sources of information pertaining to the game.[21]

The Tome of Knowledge keeps track of all information pertaining to an individual character and their progress through the game. This progress unlocks lore-related information about quests, the gameworld itself, NPCs, and defeated MOBs. For example, upon first encountering a MOB within the game, a basic entry is added for that creature in the Bestiary chapter of the ToK. However, with increasing contact, kills, and associated activities involving any specific creature, the information available about those encounters will be added to the Tome of Knowledge. Likewise, the ToK keeps track of the story and progression of the character through the gameworld as they complete quests, explore the map, and otherwise accomplish activities within the game.[21]

This game will also have 20 CLASSES !

Basically its going to be sick if you like pvp

The whole game revolves around you contributing to your faction and race. Its going to have a lot of game breaking features that will just make the game sick to play.

One of my favorite features is that you can take skulls from enemies that you killed and it hanng it on your belt to show off and the more level you gain the stronger your character looks. Like the dwarves have their beards start getting bigger the higher the level.

Each class also has a major city . and you can battle against other factions called RVR. Realm vs Realm.

Bascailly if you capture the other enemies cities you get to keep it for amount of time and you can put your guilds flags on it and trash it and you can also capture its king and bring it back to your home city. And the more you keep your citie from getting captured the better and bigger it grows . the more quest it starts giving you and more npcs come in. It also gets bigger with more features so its like a breathing living city.

You can also have public quest. Which you can join in at anytime and help your people do a quest that will contribute to your faction.

The great thing is the RVR there are different levels of it. Tier 1 - 6 i think

SO you can make a character at level 1 and start Rvring in tier 1. which if you win that rvr it puts points into tier 2 and so forth. the last tier is the home city sieges.

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning TierMap_HE-DE_tiers

Watch The Video

THERE U GO SHU !
Back to top Go down
Spectre
Captain
Captain
Spectre

Male
Number of posts : 295
IGN[Game NickName] : Tywien
Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning   Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 2:50 am

I'll be in it simply because I play the tabletop version of warhammer - it's a kick ass game if you can stand it.

Very in depth storyline, etc etc

And most of all... with the exception of the witch elves... females look decent for a change - not like some hooker -.-
Back to top Go down
Kurupt
Captain
Captain
Kurupt

Male

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning   Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 7:51 am

hahaha this game is gona be sick man SICKK
Back to top Go down
mina
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
mina

Female
Number of posts : 3326

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning   Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 9:29 am

F2p? what classes? good character designs?
Back to top Go down
https://aeth.darkbb.com
Marsares
Veteran
Veteran

Male
Number of posts : 48
IGN[Game NickName] : Marsares
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning   Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 9:33 am

Naah, P2P what I understood. But really, P2P is cheaper on the long run... for the amount of money I spent on burning hiero's in PW in a month, I could have played WoW for three months easily.
Back to top Go down
Kurupt
Captain
Captain
Kurupt

Male

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning   Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 3:53 pm

hahahah ashura read it or watch the video and tell me what u think
Back to top Go down
Marsares
Veteran
Veteran

Male

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning   Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 7:30 am

I'll be in Warhammer for sure. I don't think AION can run on my computer, plus it'll take ages before it's out. Warhammer looks sick and got some amazing classes, and the PvP element of it is awesome. RvR FTW!
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning   Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 11:25 am

kk i at office now.i watch the video when i back home since u guys insist heh.
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning   Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 11:18 pm

ok that public quest idea i read somewhere in a chinese novel before so its kind of interesting,in that novel the author refer it as world quests.but overall gaming still not very cool to me.

come on a goblin that can jump up so high and jump down like that hehe ^^

if its free i may be tempted to give it a try.but p2p mmo rarely have open beta hehe
Back to top Go down
Kurupt
Captain
Captain
Kurupt

Male

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning   Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 12:48 pm

if this game was free id kill my self

f2p = pay to win

No its going to be 15 bucks a month.

and goblins always jumped high ^ ^
Back to top Go down
Dias
Commander
Commander
Dias

Male
Number of posts : 1396
IGN[Game NickName] : Dias Trakand
Current Status : Happy
Registration date : 2008-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning   Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 1:58 pm

The game is going to be good :) , Im in for warhammer for alot of time , Im also playing alot of Wh40k Dawn of War, teh best RTS ever ,though Im betting on AION for the win ,well see :)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning   Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 7:15 pm

Dias wrote:
Im also playing alot of Wh40k Dawn of War, teh best RTS ever

another Wh40k fan ... yay thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Marsares
Veteran
Veteran

Male

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning   Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 6:01 am

Kurupt wrote:
if this game was free id kill my self

f2p = pay to win

No its going to be 15 bucks a month.

and goblins always jumped high ^ ^

$15 a month, just do your summs and add up what you've been paying for F2P recently?! And then for $15 a month you'll have a level playing field (no cash shop distortion), GM's that are guaranteed to listen and a hard line against botters and gold sellers. In the end it'll be cheaper, plus you won't have any of the F2P grief.
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning   Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 9:51 am

if they listen to players then remove the jumping ^^

not to burst the bubble of p2p mmo always good.i have join 2 p2p mmo before and it always disappoint me faster then f2p.

they always rush the game out too early with load of bugs and features not fully in yet etc etc when their money is almost gone.

then players try game or a week to a month and bail ship.....
Back to top Go down
Kurupt
Captain
Captain
Kurupt

Male

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning   Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 4:49 pm

yeah because they dont just port the game over from already made games like most of the f2p games out there.

But see the difference is that f2p companies somehow manage to love up the game even though there is a successful version of it out already. ( cough rohan cough )

But p2p games always get better, I mean WoW did not have as much content as it did when it came out. Unless you are Age of Conan which already failed and the makers are "jumping ship"

Warhammer is going to be a great game i mean it was in production for already 30 years, they know what they are doing.
Back to top Go down
mina
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
mina

Female
Number of posts : 3326

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning   Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 5:44 pm

I'm a girl.. I need pretty girl characters and good looking pixelated guys :p
Back to top Go down
https://aeth.darkbb.com
ash
Commander
Commander
ash

Male
Number of posts : 710
IGN[Game NickName] : Ordain,Arthorius,Vaandrin
Current Status : Active
Registration date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning   Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 11:37 pm

ye warhammer has be on fr ages and they make good games ...i played them all and loved the ...so i think this would be great
Back to top Go down
Dias
Commander
Commander
Dias

Male
Number of posts : 1396
IGN[Game NickName] : Dias Trakand
Current Status : Happy
Registration date : 2008-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning   Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 6:26 am

mina wrote:
I'm a girl.. I need pretty girl characters and good looking pixelated guys :p

There are elfs ,good enough ? ;D
Back to top Go down
Kurupt
Captain
Captain
Kurupt

Male

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning   Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 2:40 pm

go in the kitchen and make me a samich !
Back to top Go down
Marsares
Veteran
Veteran

Male

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning   Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 6:58 am

Yeah, make some food and clean the house, woman! spank

I'll be most likely playing a high elf shadow warrior. The ladies look nice actually in the game, not like some cheap prostitute. :^_-:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning   Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next