Aetherius Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aetherius Network

International multi-gaming guild since 2006.

HomeAetheriusEventsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Come chat with us on Discord! It's where everyone is at now! https://discord.gg/aBSngGf
Check out our Aetherius Network Facebook Page to see upcoming news and/or enter giveaways.
Follow us on Twitter!

Kingdom of Amalur the Reckoning

Go down 
+4
Supamoe
Hoolilol
Shu
Snow
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male
Number of posts : 6807
IGN[Game NickName] : Snow, Nuts, Nut, Snowball, Splash, Snowy
Current Status : Busy at School
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Kingdom of Amalur the Reckoning Empty
PostSubject: Kingdom of Amalur the Reckoning   Kingdom of Amalur the Reckoning Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 7:31 am

Back to top Go down
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/8485/1snowflakecardmadebyneoc
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male
Number of posts : 10794
IGN[Game NickName] : Ashura/Iori Yagami
Current Status : Busy at Work
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Amalur the Reckoning   Kingdom of Amalur the Reckoning Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 2:39 pm

i was waiting for this at starting.but after i see trailers i am not sure.will wait for reviews ^^
Back to top Go down
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Amalur the Reckoning   Kingdom of Amalur the Reckoning Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 3:57 pm

Well I got it and I love it <3

It feels like a lovely mix of Dragon Age, Fable, Oblivion/Skyrim and God of War

In my opinion the review is making the game look worse then it really is
Also he focuses so much on the few lil bugs that have been fixed with the 1st 2 little patches
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Amalur the Reckoning   Kingdom of Amalur the Reckoning Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 5:08 pm

what u think of the mmo version coming soon for it then?
Back to top Go down
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Amalur the Reckoning   Kingdom of Amalur the Reckoning Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 5:57 pm

I know too little of the mmo version, but I do know that it's an amazing single player rpg

And it does have lots of basic mmo parts done right (yet this one is not a worthy mmo yet, which obviously is ok as it is a single player mmo)

I'm not sure what the mechanics are gonna be but it can become good
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Amalur the Reckoning   Kingdom of Amalur the Reckoning Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 8:25 pm

ok i will keep it on my testing mmo then hehe
Back to top Go down
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Amalur the Reckoning   Kingdom of Amalur the Reckoning Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 11:02 pm

Rawr!
Best game evah!
Love it more then Skyrim or DA or any other rpg out so far

The combat is the way I like it, the world is huge, tons n tons of quests
And unlike other big games you don't loose track of the story/areas due so many quests

Just absolutely love it XD
Back to top Go down
Hoolilol
Captain
Captain
Hoolilol

Male
Number of posts : 236
IGN[Game NickName] : Hoolilol
Current Status : Moody
Registration date : 2011-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Amalur the Reckoning   Kingdom of Amalur the Reckoning Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2012 11:38 am

Well i played it a couple days back till i reached the first open world area ...then i had to reinstall my windows and i havent touched it since :) ...maybe ima try it again though .
Back to top Go down
Supamoe
Leaders Council
Leaders Council
Supamoe

Male
Number of posts : 872
IGN[Game NickName] : Supamoe
Current Status : Normal
Registration date : 2008-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Amalur the Reckoning   Kingdom of Amalur the Reckoning Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 9:31 pm

The Game puts Skyrims combat system to shame. One of the BEST RPGs ever yet trash like Skyrim gets recognition lol hate that shit. I did so many side quests in that until i sped through the Story mode :D , It was epic , I started with Finesse / Sorc then a full Sorc (Too OP 1 shoting everything with Meteor and Light Storm shit ) then tried Finesse/Might (1 Hand sword / Faeblades) Epic build because i had full Crit damage and Crit chance gear which caused me to do 1.5k - 2k crits with just normal sword attacks.

Been a long time since i logged on here because ive been busy :P What up guys!
Back to top Go down
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Amalur the Reckoning   Kingdom of Amalur the Reckoning Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 9:50 pm

XD I started Finess ---> Finesse/Magic too ^^

But doing daggers/bow instead, really enjoying the game
I realized magic was kind of OP just from the dmg/range on lightning bolt, so I balanced it around finesse with magic support (lightning bolt, mana cost reduction, dmg block shield)

And yea those side quests are awesome, and unlike other games I don't mind them distracting me from the main story as most of them are quite good

It's been pretty quite moe
Some went to play SWTOR but there hasn't been a real game yet worthy of coming together for

Although now we have GW2 coming up for real
And Tera + TSW announced release dates in fact
Also there's Diablo3 and Dota2 showing on the horizon (for those interested in these game)

(TSW so far from the looks of it looks like it's not worth the money, as it's gonna be too short (let them prove me wrong))
(Tera is doing IP blocks on NA servers, so only option for the community would be to play on EU, and the peak of interest has passed already, it's still worth keeping an eye on, as the game isn't bad or anything, but if it collides with GW2 it definitely gets the finger)
Back to top Go down
Supamoe
Leaders Council
Leaders Council
Supamoe

Male

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Amalur the Reckoning   Kingdom of Amalur the Reckoning Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 9:53 pm

Yeah i played SWTOR for a good 2 months , Easy mode garbage game , Got boring too quick and it was just plain bad PVP and everything. Not an RPer so i didnt enjoy it. Tera however is on our list 100% , starting the PVP CB Friday and well be rocking it all weekend. Ill be sure to post on here much more but i just got Work early morn and Classes Afternoon to Night , So gaming has been impossible since i started on the last week of Jan.
Back to top Go down
kawainu
Captain
Captain
kawainu

Male
Number of posts : 365
IGN[Game NickName] : kawainu
Registration date : 2010-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Amalur the Reckoning   Kingdom of Amalur the Reckoning Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 10:26 pm

Supamoe wrote:
The Game puts Skyrims combat system to shame. One of the BEST RPGs ever yet trash like Skyrim gets recognition lol hate that shit.

U just convinced me to buy the game. I'm gonna have to check it out.
Back to top Go down
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Amalur the Reckoning   Kingdom of Amalur the Reckoning Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 11:52 pm

Best way to describe The Reckoning combat system is

Fable combat, but advanced (not the simplified easy mode from Fable)

Do put the game on hard difficulty though (if you'r not new to this) as it's slightly on the easy side on normal (especially when you progress on, it's pretty decent to start out on normal I guess)
Back to top Go down
Facade
Advisory Board
Advisory Board
Facade

Male
Number of posts : 1036
IGN[Game NickName] : Facade, Tsunami, Tsunade
Registration date : 2010-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Amalur the Reckoning   Kingdom of Amalur the Reckoning Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 4:14 pm

Guess i will get it, I had been waiting for this for quite some time, especially since I'm an R.A. Salvator fan i have like 100 of his books..

I was a little put off when i found out it was only single player was REALLY hoping it was multi, but with the reviews you guys have here I guess i will get it!
Back to top Go down
Neoyoshi
Grandpa
Grandpa
Neoyoshi

Male
Number of posts : 1711
IGN[Game NickName] : Neoyoshi
Current Status : Happy
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Amalur the Reckoning   Kingdom of Amalur the Reckoning Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 12:27 am

Supamoe wrote:
Yeah i played SWTOR for a good 2 months , Easy mode garbage game , Got boring too quick and it was just plain bad PVP and everything. Not an RPer so i didnt enjoy it. Tera however is on our list 100% , starting the PVP CB Friday and well be rocking it all weekend. Ill be sure to post on here much more but i just got Work early morn and Classes Afternoon to Night , So gaming has been impossible since i started on the last week of Jan.

I think you will be impressed with what they are doing with PvP in Guild Wars 2, they have the World verse World feature which is by far the most amazing thing i've ever seen anyone try to pull off as a PvP feature. The map for it is just......gigantic, in scale it's like a normal game continent.

From watching the BFF report for guild wars this week Mike went on about how the combat & organized PvP system felt verse Swtor's system, and that it felt a lot better and more natural, plus the spell animations do not lock you in to place while casting, which is amazing that a game finally is going to free people from animation locks.

On-topic: i was going to pick this game up but in all honesty right now my game budget can only afford the new Silent Hill game that comes out in March. xD

I did however play the Demo and i did enjoy it very much, so i will pick up the game eventually.
Back to top Go down
Supamoe
Leaders Council
Leaders Council
Supamoe

Male

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Amalur the Reckoning   Kingdom of Amalur the Reckoning Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 4:06 am

Guild wars 2 is definitely going to be a PLAY for me , but for now im enjoying TERA a lot with my boys. Playing the NA CB and it's amazing so far. Even at 27 it doesn't get boring while having 1 dungeon and being able to go PK anyone , anywhere.
Back to top Go down
ValKrice
Commander
Commander
ValKrice

Male
Number of posts : 575
IGN[Game NickName] : Krice Valmont
Registration date : 2010-02-23

PostSubject: 38 Studios lays off its entire staff   Kingdom of Amalur the Reckoning Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 7:08 am

Quote :
After several financial and political setbacks, 38 Studios (the developer behind Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning) laid off its entire staff. A source close to the incident broke this news to the Verge earlier today. GamesBeat contacted Curt Schilling, the studio’s founder, for comment.

The studio employed 379 people as of March 15. If confirmed, the news is a big setback for a company that was creating an ambitious multi-game transmedia property, built around a world created by sci-fi novelist R.A. Salvatore and Spawn animator/creator Todd McFarlane.

38 Studios’ trouble began when it missed the May 1 deadline for payment of $1.125 million owed to the Rhode Island Economic Development Corporation. Schilling met with the EDC shortly after the missed payment to discuss possible governmental assistance with paying back the studio’s loan debt.

“It’s a balance of making sure that 38 Studios is successful so that we can recoup our huge investment and not getting further exposed if the company, ultimately, is not gonna make it,” Governor Chafee said in a press conference. “That’s a tough balance.”

On May 18, 38 Studios managed to pay the $1.125 million but Providence news station WPRI reported that the company later did not make payroll.

[Update]

A former 38 Studios employee confirmed that an email Gamasutra ran regarding the layoffs is accurate:

The Company is experiencing an economic downturn. To avoid further losses and possibility of retrenchment, the Company has decided that a companywide lay off is absolutely necessary.

These layoffs are non-voluntary and non-disciplinary.

This is your official notice of lay off, effective today, Thursday, May 24th, 2012.

In light of the layoffs, many figures in the game development community are rallying around 38 Studio’s employees. Employees and founders of other game studios are using #38jobs on Twitter to share the message that they’re willing to hire people caught in the crossfire.

Epic Studios: “Sorry to see layoffs at 38 Studios. For what it’s worth, Epic is hiring: http://t.co/0lxAJfGc #38jobs” – Dana Crowley

TellTale Games: “Telltale games is hiring for any of you at #38studios who were laid off today. #38jobs. Jobs include Character, UI, Cinematic artists, as well as programming and design positions too! telltalegames.com/company/jobs #38jobs”

PopCap Games: “Sad to hear about BHG and 38. Popcap has 60+ positions open, many of them in Seattle, SF and Vancouver #38jobs http://t.co/n7bsWbeb” – Giordano Contestabile

Irrational Games: “Irrational is still hiring for Bioshock Infinite. Even if you don’t see your job on the site still hit us up http://t.co/kY355yhm #38jobs” – Amanda Cosmos

http://venturebeat.com/2012/05/24/38-studios-lays-off-its-entire-staff/
Back to top Go down
kawainu
Captain
Captain
kawainu

Male
Number of posts : 365
IGN[Game NickName] : kawainu
Registration date : 2010-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Amalur the Reckoning   Kingdom of Amalur the Reckoning Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 9:29 am

^I read it on gamasutra. Apparently, they overestimated their game's popularity and people's willingness to pay the set price for the game.
They had to sell 3 million copies before they could start getting any profit. They just couldn't make it in time. Now everybody is in a rush to hire the members of the dev team xD
Back to top Go down
Hoolilol
Captain
Captain
Hoolilol

Male
Number of posts : 236
IGN[Game NickName] : Hoolilol
Current Status : Moody
Registration date : 2011-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Amalur the Reckoning   Kingdom of Amalur the Reckoning Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 3:58 pm

Ye its sad but it was bound to happen...they really overestimated their product along with their launch timing like a month after Skyrim....also a new company cant expect to get that many sales...Curt Schiling really played bad this time.
Back to top Go down
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Amalur the Reckoning   Kingdom of Amalur the Reckoning Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 4:29 pm

Aye Skyrim killed this game
After Skyrim everyone was too bored or too skeptical or still in Skyrim to let this game be recognized for what it is

Great game really enjoyed playing it ~

Not sure if I would have bought into the mmo though, so nothing lost there for me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kingdom of Amalur the Reckoning   Kingdom of Amalur the Reckoning Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kingdom of Amalur the Reckoning
Page 1 of 1