Aetherius Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aetherius Network

International multi-gaming guild since 2006.

HomeAetheriusEventsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Come chat with us on Discord! It's where everyone is at now! https://discord.gg/aBSngGf
Check out our Aetherius Network Facebook Page to see upcoming news and/or enter giveaways.
Follow us on Twitter!

Aion going free to play

Go down 
+2
Shu
Genlog
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Genlog
Captain
Captain
Genlog

Male
Number of posts : 347
IGN[Game NickName] : Genlog Lamora
Current Status : Busy at Work
Registration date : 2011-07-11

Aion going free to play  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aion going free to play    Aion going free to play  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 5:00 am

but best snow you miss a point
i agree that its not rely balance ok

but as you no a F2P mmorpg is a heaven for dil sites and hackers
its for many years a big problem for the mmorpg market

and wont stop
now Aion EU have a limit to stop stat problem so far i see in the game we have little dil sites and botters but there stil here sadly

ok Aion NA remove the limits and is a TOTALY FREE game
with a cash shop for buy is win

problem is that Aion NA get more unbalance then Aion EU
also with no limits more hackers and botters join that game

with leaves with a anger of players soon trust me
DC universe have the same its FREE buttttttttttttttt with limits

only to stop the dil sites and botters
i see now that alot of P2P have this model

to get more players and try to stop the dil site/botters virus
Rift also have that now you can play til lvl 20 but if you want more you need to pay

WOW also and am sure Tera wil do the same soon
i only wonder how GW2 wil stop them everybody can buy the game but then

am sure dil sites try to hack GW2 for sure and botters try there luck to

that what i focus more on how a game companie deals with that kind of trouble
for many years hackers and botters made me force quit to many games that i love
for me its the bigest problem to enjoy a game

so i hope GW2 do it beter
Back to top Go down
Facade
Advisory Board
Advisory Board
Facade

Male
Number of posts : 1036
IGN[Game NickName] : Facade, Tsunami, Tsunade
Current Status : Normal
Registration date : 2010-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Aion going free to play    Aion going free to play  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 5:25 am

What everyone seems to miss is the most the game could be ruined by is lvling to fast items, which really who cares? since those that want to pvp can at max lvl 80, Those that want to experice max lvl raids can! sidekicked(up scaled lvl) to a friends lvl, so lvling fast serves no purpose other than to miss the game content.

GW2 just as GW1(as anyone that played knows) there was no advantage to cash shop purchase skills or by grinding PvE for cool loot, end game everyone was equal the only difference was cosmetic and skill/sett builds.
I personally never played the PvE content in GW1 I purchased pvp skills to speed things up and only ever max lvl PvP'd. My only limitation to anyone else is my armor and weapons didn't look as cool, I had the choice of the generic max lvl PvP setts, where those that played the PvE had nice weapon/armor skins.

Its not like other games where you can +10 uber sword with cash where a normal non cash player can only get +3.
You can not and never will beable to purchase those items that make you or your equipment more powerful than what normal play can aquire.

Trust me when I say this wont be like any other MMO system any of us have played before. There mechanics for balance is fairly impressive.
So many of you have played to many F2P games and have a thought as to how you think the 'cash shop' will be. This is not one. And it does not have a monthly sub P2P.

This is a buy one game and you own it and play when ever you like! Cash will not be an issue, in game or out of game like we are used to. GW1 was very successful, GW2 is a massive improvement on there first model.

Few people are worried about bots because of a cash shop lol.. yeh I'm sure there will be some, but they will be wasting there time since there is nothing to buy anyone cant already get!
Back to top Go down
Genlog
Captain
Captain
Genlog

Male

PostSubject: Re: Aion going free to play    Aion going free to play  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 5:35 am

i saw the cash shop and it was well balance but thats not what i need to see
maby in old days i was a big buyers but now i dont care much i buy what i want and thats it

i do alot in fasion mounts and pets maby some exp things but thats it ^^

but like i said in my orther treat its about the dil sites hackers botters
those groep can turn a mmorpg totaly upside down

and trust me i no it
if NCSOFT can do it to stop them then i say good by
1 thing i hate more then cash shops are dil sites botters and hackers i cant stant them rely sometimes it pised me so off that i sometimes wanne smash my comp

Back to top Go down
Facade
Advisory Board
Advisory Board
Facade

Male
Number of posts : 1036
IGN[Game NickName] : Facade, Tsunami, Tsunade
Current Status : Normal
Registration date : 2010-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Aion going free to play    Aion going free to play  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 5:52 am

Genlog wrote:

1 thing i hate more then cash shops are dil sites botters and hackers i cant stant them rely sometimes it pised me so off that i sometimes wanne smash my comp

I hate them too and have quit many games in the past because of them ruining the game, Either through cash shop un balance or hacking cheats.

Its not going to happen in GW2 , I'm very confident about that.
I've Been playing MMO's for 15yrs now and i have played everything UO/EQ/Realm and everything after, and to be honest everything as most people say have been clones only because we get familar with a game style and anything similar is classed as a clone. Only a handful of games have broken this mold since the original 3d mmo's FFXI, Shadowbane and GW1(come to mind) Few others tried but ended going F2P due to numbers dropping, Rift I think is the last semi good idea which is still P2P. All others had some good idea's but ultimately failed and went F2P and cash shop which increased numbers and money for a maximum of 3 months until bordom or unbalance setts in again.

GW2 wont have those problems, people wont feel chained to the game because of no suscription, people will not feel the need to giveup because they got to far behind there friends. Those that play hard can, those that are casual can still enjoy it too.

Back to top Go down
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male
Number of posts : 6807
IGN[Game NickName] : Snow, Nuts, Nut, Snowball, Splash, Snowy
Current Status : Busy at School
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Aion going free to play    Aion going free to play  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 6:02 am

Gen you'r silly :)

Aion was p2p when it started and it was FLOODED with bots and gold sellers
p2p = they had to buy the game

The current system does not stop any of that at all
In fact it makes it easier for them to make an account as they don't have to buy the game anymore

As for GW2 same thing, you will have to buy the game, so it will prevent mass flooding of botters
But it won't be able to keep everything out, as those bot/gold seller companies actually don't care about the price they have to pay

But what GW2 will do is introduce trade-able cash shop currency, making the buying of gold from illegal sites unnecessary and risky thus dealing a heavy blow to gold sellers

Facade
I do exactly know how the "currently presented" cash shop will look like
But that doesn't change that I'm worried about inflation/balances the way it is right now
And the possibility of greed slipping in as I have seen with many companies last 2-3 years
Telling this won't happen is just silly, because ArenaNet already went on and changed their description of the cash shop on their wiki, to make the description fit with an item that potentially can be game balance affecting

Back to Gen
If you are pleased with the way Aion is handling their stuff
Arena Net and NC soft is the same boat
So I don't understand why you would doubt that GW2 will do it worse then Aion

EDIT: too slow with replying

Facade wrote:
Genlog wrote:

I hate them too and have quit many games in the past because of them ruining the game, Either through cash shop un balance or hacking cheats.

Its not going to happen in GW2 , I'm very confident about that.
I've Been playing MMO's for 15yrs now and i have played everything UO/EQ/Realm and everything after, and to be honest everything as most people say have been clones only because we get familar with a game style and anything similar is classed as a clone. Only a handful of games have broken this mold since the original 3d mmo's FFXI, Shadowbane and GW1(come to mind) Few others tried but ended going F2P due to numbers dropping, Rift I think is the last semi good idea which is still P2P. All others had some good idea's but ultimately failed and went F2P and cash shop which increased numbers and money for a maximum of 3 months until bordom or unbalance setts in again.

GW2 wont have those problems, people wont feel chained to the game because of no suscription, people will not feel the need to giveup because they got to far behind there friends. Those that play hard can, those that are casual can still enjoy it too.

Exactly my thoughts there

If you look at mmo's in the past 10ish years and split them up in groups there's only 1 per group that you would have to play to have seen the whole group

UO and clones/type (+ tried a modern version like Mortal Online)
EQ/WoW and clones/type (Western quest fest)
Perfect World and clones/type (Asian mythology)
Vindictus/DN and clones/type
Runescape and clones/type
Lineage2 and clones/type (Korean grindfest)
EVE and clones/type
Browser mmo (pick one with the style you like)/type
Dofus and clones/type (RTS mmo)
DCUO online clones/type (champion type and DCUO had open world + action combat)
Tabula Rasa/WAR clones/type (These come close to the core of GW2, call em the pre-GW2 of the genre, dynamic events, sieges, lvling through pvp, just never polished enough)

Last edited by Snow on Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/8485/1snowflakecardmadebyneoc
Genlog
Captain
Captain
Genlog

Male

PostSubject: Re: Aion going free to play    Aion going free to play  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 6:13 am

i wil see how GW2 wil run its my first time i gone play GW2
i never played GW1 so am very new to that XD

i play so 8 years mmorpg
and i quit most becouse of the hackers and more trouble
for me Cabal and Dekaron are the games i like most

in grapics combat style and pvp/pk both have very high fast paced combat
clic skil and boom he do it in a flash in Aion you have a time bar that need to get full first then he cast a spell but then again you can make a chain system to speed it up

for years when i quit Cabal i look for a simaler mmorpg but none come close to Cabal sadly
i was so adicted to Cabal for his fast paced and amazing good looking skill animation

and rely stil not any mmorpg come close to what cabal have done
sadly its now running with so many botters that its sick to watch a game die -.-
Back to top Go down
Genlog
Captain
Captain
Genlog

Male

PostSubject: Re: Aion going free to play    Aion going free to play  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 6:23 am

sorry snow maby i type it not good sorry
but my point is i dont like dil sites and botters

becouse i said it again they force me to quit some of my favorite games sadly
where i spend in my 4 years so 300 a 400 euro -.-

what most companie lack most are service GM and staff

Gameforce where i play now that provide Aion in Europa also need pll
becouse to many players and a little staf members to do all things compare to NCSOFT

they are way bigger then Gameforce
i stil rofl why Nexon buy the right of Dekaron
when thet lack in staff members to ??

and even ad Nexon Dekaron is again floiting with botters

all i want from a game is good service
friendly GM and orther staff members
no dil sites and botters ore hackers

i think i miss that alot in my years of mmorpg
Back to top Go down
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male

PostSubject: Re: Aion going free to play    Aion going free to play  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 6:49 am

That's my point though Gen
There are no games (except offline) that are free of cheaters

That aside GW2 is not going to be affected by gold sellers etc. much at all
Not only because you have to buy the game which is a barrier for the non corporal cheater
But also because the focus of the game is on the skills/skill combo's and the players wishes and not on getting the best of the best gear

Everyone will have their wanted things the way they want it, so there is a lot less need of reverting to cheaters, so there won't be much profit for them to gain

There is no need for them to provide power-leveling as your character scales up and down in lvl with the content

Let alone that you can buy cash shop currency with gold from other players

So basically yes this game is going to be quite clean of botters/gold sellers

------------
On a side note
Nexon is telling a bunch of bullshit stories

They are the biggest Korean gaming company, they just don't care about their outside of Korea market to make it work

They present themselves as a small and poor company over here, while being the biggest company in the Korean business

Just full of bullshit :)

Last edited by Snow on Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Genlog
Captain
Captain
Genlog

Male

PostSubject: Re: Aion going free to play    Aion going free to play  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 7:00 am

thasts pretty lame snow Nexon EU have good titels
but lack in suport

only thing i cant put a finger on is the good running companie
Perfect World

i try some of those game you guys to like PWI BOI FW
first thing i saw was no dill botters rely zero ??

also no botters so far i saw i play PWI for a long time was lvl 81 so yea i saw plenty things
only reason i think of is the cash shop and you can turn the gold coins from web site into game mony

and yes PWI is 100% buy is win
ad least they keep the trouble out XD

but i cant w8 to try GW2 soon :P
hope it wil not disapoint me
Back to top Go down
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male

PostSubject: Re: Aion going free to play    Aion going free to play  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 7:14 am

GW2 has the ability to buy cash shop currency from other players too, no one is limited in the game unlike those semi cash shop whatever pranks
The advantage of this over Perfect World is

Perfect World = buy to win, buy power, buy everything in cash shop
GW2 = buy slight conveniences (no game balance affecting items)

--------------
As for Nexon

Nexon has good titles, yes that's the point, we want to play their games but..
Good titles don't make them a good company... they'r bad
At least bad outside of Korea

In Korea they are the biggest flippin gaming company

But when it comes to example Nexon EU it is presented as this small, poor company with barely any staff members

That's the bullshit part...
How can the biggest gaming company in Korea, be this poorly represented outside of their home country
Because they don't care enough
And that's exactly what I just said o_0
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aion going free to play    Aion going free to play  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aion going free to play
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2