Aetherius Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aetherius Network

International multi-gaming guild since 2006.

HomeAetheriusEventsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Come chat with us on Discord! It's where everyone is at now! https://discord.gg/aBSngGf
Check out our Aetherius Network Facebook Page to see upcoming news and/or enter giveaways.
Follow us on Twitter!

FFXIV Brings Square Enix a JPY 9.7 Billion Loss

Go down 
+3
Eir
Forseti
Shu
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male
Number of posts : 10794
IGN[Game NickName] : Ashura/Iori Yagami
Current Status : Busy at Work
Registration date : 2008-03-31

FFXIV Brings Square Enix a JPY 9.7 Billion Loss Empty
PostSubject: FFXIV Brings Square Enix a JPY 9.7 Billion Loss   FFXIV Brings Square Enix a JPY 9.7 Billion Loss Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 8:41 am

Shortly after the release of Square Enix's financial reports for its
past fiscal year, the info about the company's loss drew much
attention from the industry (investors). Square Enix's president,
Yoichi Wada, recently expressed that FFXIV (Final Fantasy XIV) was the main cause of the loss.

FFXIV Brings Square Enix a JPY 9.7 Billion Loss Ffxiv_s01
Final Fantasy XIV Fan Art

As Yoichi Wada said, the ¥12 billion loss that Square Enix suffered
was partly due to the cancellation of several projects but largely
because of the online game FFXIV, and even consistent modifications
made to FFXIV failed to avoid the loss. Their game business keeps
entangled in a gloomy situation, and one to two years are needed to
turn things around. Moreover, they are considering a new billing system
and planning to focus on SNS (Social Networking Service) and
smartphone products, so it'll take them at least three to five years to
expand this franchise.

Related Article
Final Fantasy Developer Square-Enix Is Hacked

FFXIV Brings Square Enix a JPY 9.7 Billion Loss Ffxiv_s02
Final Fantasy XIV Screenshot

FFXIV Brings Square Enix a JPY 9.7 Billion Loss Ffxiv_s03

FFXIV Brings Square Enix a JPY 9.7 Billion Loss Ffxiv_s04
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Brings Square Enix a JPY 9.7 Billion Loss   FFXIV Brings Square Enix a JPY 9.7 Billion Loss Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 8:46 am

really hope they will just consider closing the game and admit they did it wrong if they cannot do a revamp of the features.i might still try a ffxv if they did it right....

but ya square enix is definitely not square soft.how could they release this game so early and think it will succeed is beyond me heh.the release date should have been like 2013 giving their slow speed in coding
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Brings Square Enix a JPY 9.7 Billion Loss   FFXIV Brings Square Enix a JPY 9.7 Billion Loss Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 2:58 pm

and am right again just admid it xD FF is crap nuff said
back to the old school mmorpg ^^
Back to top Go down
Forseti
Raider
Raider
Forseti

Male
Number of posts : 571
IGN[Game NickName] : Forseti, Cadexn
Current Status : Active
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Brings Square Enix a JPY 9.7 Billion Loss   FFXIV Brings Square Enix a JPY 9.7 Billion Loss Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 9:40 pm

It's so sad that typical Korean f2p somehow gives me more fun than xiv. I agree too, that they should revamp the game and redevelop it. Then, finally release it somewhere in the future when everything is complete, they've got huge advantage in graphics and if they got the features as well it'll probably be very big.
Back to top Go down
Eir
Celestial Guard
Celestial Guard
Eir

Male
Number of posts : 278
IGN[Game NickName] : Erin Mordeau
Registration date : 2009-10-13

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Brings Square Enix a JPY 9.7 Billion Loss   FFXIV Brings Square Enix a JPY 9.7 Billion Loss Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 1:39 am

It's been a month and I'm not even missing FFXIV. I stand by my previous statement that FFXIV is a piece of art, not a game.
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Brings Square Enix a JPY 9.7 Billion Loss   FFXIV Brings Square Enix a JPY 9.7 Billion Loss Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 10:09 am

haha ya eir.think i will only try game again after they make major changes to it.right now it seems they just changing some of the stuff and adding stuff to present system..which might help in short run but not working honestly for long run.

their system .... basically for lack of better word - sux

not engaging enough to hold gamers interest for long term.

almost no end game content.

basically no long term goal to motivate max lvl gamers to go out and grind more and do stuff unless u are like one of those who wanted to max all battle job ^^.unlike ffxiv.most mmo for end game usually allow players to gather awesome gears/gears set or aim for certain achievement which will grant them certain skills/stats or benefits..those which will take a long time to do but will ignite the interest of the players.

there is no summoning system/no pet system/no arena or chocobo system.and most important the battle regiment is so bad almost no1 uses it much beside when doing nm.without some kind of skill chain combo system or skill formation system in place the whole game do not give the feel of a FF game to be honest.

but ffxiv atm only allow end gamers to either aim for max lvl of all battle class which have basically no uses or aim for notorious monster which in turn give low rates for gears drop which also yield not much benefit.

basically i can say nm gears is only marginally better then standard crafting gears.and not by much ^^

seriously they should just redo whole system instead of adding stuff to present one heh.

as of now i still think ffxiv graphics is the best of all mmo i have seen.but other than that there is nothing much to compliment about ^^
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Brings Square Enix a JPY 9.7 Billion Loss   FFXIV Brings Square Enix a JPY 9.7 Billion Loss Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 10:18 am

and yeah i am seriously disappointed with the way SE do the guild system.

at first i tot company will be good but it seems like that system is too much for them atm so they basically making 3 npc faction company for large scale quest which is just another kind of leve.

where is the player run company or player driven air ship and guild house which they say will need effort of all crafters.

the present linkshell system sux even more.they dont allow ppl to be kick unless they are online and close to the linkshell leaders.first time i see a guild system that is so backward.i think even old mmo like ultima have better guild system then this.at first i think ok ls are just for chatting and they will implement company guild system soon which will be fun but after 8 months i given up interest.

frankly even if they add in real guild system now.there is not much new ppl to recruit any longer.the community feel is no longer there much and we are talking about one of the active servers for ffxiv heh
Back to top Go down
remyblack
Recruit
Recruit
remyblack

Male
Number of posts : 2
IGN[Game NickName] : Remy Black
Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Brings Square Enix a JPY 9.7 Billion Loss   FFXIV Brings Square Enix a JPY 9.7 Billion Loss Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 10:41 am

They.Totally.Deserved.It!!!

Graghhhhh!!

-Remy
Back to top Go down
HereCumsThePain
Raider
Raider
HereCumsThePain

Male
Number of posts : 420
IGN[Game NickName] : Pain
Registration date : 2009-08-27

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Brings Square Enix a JPY 9.7 Billion Loss   FFXIV Brings Square Enix a JPY 9.7 Billion Loss Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 11:01 am

I win i sold my account before they fked it up even more win!
Back to top Go down
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male
Number of posts : 6807
IGN[Game NickName] : Snow, Nuts, Nut, Snowball, Splash, Snowy
Current Status : Busy at School
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Brings Square Enix a JPY 9.7 Billion Loss   FFXIV Brings Square Enix a JPY 9.7 Billion Loss Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 4:17 pm

They failed at 1 important thing...

Chocobos

No rideable Chocobos in a FF game = FAIL 100%

That's all.

Really it wouldn't have mattered how fail the game would have been if we could ride Chocobos
Back to top Go down
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/8485/1snowflakecardmadebyneoc
Captain
Captain

Male
Number of posts : 111
IGN[Game NickName] : Botak Jones
Registration date : 2010-11-10

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Brings Square Enix a JPY 9.7 Billion Loss   FFXIV Brings Square Enix a JPY 9.7 Billion Loss Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 10:51 am

Shu wrote:

the present linkshell system sux even more.they dont allow ppl to be kick unless they are online and close to the linkshell leaders.

Muahaha.. Now i know why im still in Dawn when i logged on. ahuhu
Back to top Go down
Captain
Captain

Male
Number of posts : 111
IGN[Game NickName] : Botak Jones
Registration date : 2010-11-10

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Brings Square Enix a JPY 9.7 Billion Loss   FFXIV Brings Square Enix a JPY 9.7 Billion Loss Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 10:56 am

remyblack wrote:
They.Totally.Deserved.It!!!

Graghhhhh!!

-Remy

remy quit also??
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Brings Square Enix a JPY 9.7 Billion Loss   FFXIV Brings Square Enix a JPY 9.7 Billion Loss Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 11:54 pm

ya quite long already hehe
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Brings Square Enix a JPY 9.7 Billion Loss   FFXIV Brings Square Enix a JPY 9.7 Billion Loss Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FFXIV Brings Square Enix a JPY 9.7 Billion Loss
Page 1 of 1