Earth Eternal - Some Bad News Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Aetherius Network

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aetherius Network

International multi-gaming guild since 2006.

Come chat with us on Discord! It's where everyone is at now! https://discord.gg/aBSngGf
Check out our Aetherius Network Facebook Page to see upcoming news and/or enter giveaways.
Follow us on Twitter!

Earth Eternal - Some Bad News

Shu
    Shu
    Celestial Council
    Celestial Council

Male
    Number of posts : 10794
    IGN[Game NickName] : Ashura/Iori Yagami
    Current Status : Busy at Work
    Registration date : 2008-03-31

Earth Eternal - Some Bad News Empty Earth Eternal - Some Bad News

Post by Shu Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:39 pm

http://www.eartheternal.com/#

Theres no way to disguise what Im about to tell you as good news, so I wont
    try. Unfortunately, Sparkplay has hit hard times and is not going to survive. I
    had to lay off all of our staff except for two people (one of which is me) on
    Friday, and its likely that by this time next week neither of us will be with
    Sparkplay any more either. The simple fact is that weve run out of money. Ive
    been out trying to sell Sparkplay or get further investment for it for the last
    2 months without success, and our last hope crumbled this weekend.

What does this mean for Earth Eternal? The answer is that its hard to tell. Were
    putting it up for auction today and are reasonably confident that someone will
    buy it and keep it running. There is, however, the chance that nobody will want
    to take on the cost of running it. If that happens, Earth Eternal will go down
    when our internet and hosting provider pulls the plug for non-payment. Its hard
    to tell when that could happen, but itll certainly be here at least another
    week, at minimum.

I know this comes as a crushing blow to many of you, and believe me, I and the
    rest of the former Sparkplay staff share those feelings, times ten. Some of us
    have been working on Earth Eternal for over four and a half years and have
    poured our hearts and souls into it and Sparkplay. We worked our asses off and
    through the long hours, frustrating bugs, and occasional problems so bad we had
    to laugh, we became a very tight team as well as good friends. It is incredibly
    disappointing to everyone that its come to this.

Im sorry. Ive failed you despite my best efforts. Ive never worked harder in my
    life, but it wasnt enough. Things that we planned on happening didnt, and things
    we didnt plan on happening did. I dont want to go into a lot of detail and I
    dont want to try to shift responsibility to anyone but myself. Theres really
    nothing I can say other than I am very very sorry to have let you down.

Ive turned off the ability to buy credits now or earn them via offers/surveys.
    Im also going to set all non-permanent items in the credit shop to cost nothing
    so that everyone can have some fun, though wont be doing that for a few hours.

I will keep you updated as to what is going to happen with Earth Eternal, but in
    all likelihood we wont know until late on Friday whether someone is going to buy
    EE and keep it running or not. Lets hope for the best!

Until then, enjoy yourselves and help yourselves to the forthcoming free credit
    shop items.

Sincerely,

Matt Mihaly, CEO (not for much longer) Sparkplay Media
    by: Aurelius

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 4:51 am