Aetherius Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aetherius Network

International multi-gaming guild since 2006.

HomeAetheriusEventsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Come chat with us on Discord! It's where everyone is at now! https://discord.gg/aBSngGf
Check out our Aetherius Network Facebook Page to see upcoming news and/or enter giveaways.
Follow us on Twitter!

Final Fantasy XIV: Most Anticipated Game of 2010

Go down 
+3
Snow
Supamoe
Shu
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male
Number of posts : 10794
IGN[Game NickName] : Ashura/Iori Yagami
Current Status : Busy at Work
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Final Fantasy XIV: Most Anticipated Game of 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Final Fantasy XIV: Most Anticipated Game of 2010   Final Fantasy XIV: Most Anticipated Game of 2010 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 9:46 am

Final Fantasy XIV: Most Anticipated Game of 2010 3855_20

A look back at the best games of 2009 wouldn't be complete without turning our gaze forward toward 2010 and that games that it promises to bring. Players who may not have found what they were looking for in this year's crop of games are eagerly awaiting the launch of one, if not more, of the launches promised for 2010.

While some of these games will undoubtedly be pushed further back in their development cycles, we have chosen our nominees from the list of games that are expected to launch in 2010:

As difficult to choose as it was, we have named out Most Anticipated Game of 2010. The nominees were:

• Final Fantasy XIV
  • Global Agenda
  • Guild Wars 2
  • Star Trek Online
  • Star Wars: The Old Republic

The Winner: Final Fantasy XIV

Final Fantasy XIV: Most Anticipated Game of 2010 3855_17_t

As is the case most years, it was difficult to name a winner for the Most Anticipated MMO award. At the end of every passing year, there always seems to be a list of four or five games that everyone is just crazy for and every year, it seems, at least some of those same people are disappointed.

In terms of sheer potential, the list for games in 2010 is phenomenal, but in the end we had to make a choice and in the end, we had to go with Final Fantasy XIV. The final Fantasy franchise is one of the most famous and enduring video game IPs ever created. The first Final Fantasy MMO, Final Fantasy XI launched strongly in 2003 and still has one of the healthiest MMO populations of any current game. The single most common complaint about the original game is its outdated graphics and feel. Final Fantasy XIV will change all of that.

With the full support of a company like Square Enix behind it, and a planned launch for PC and the much sought after console market with the PS3 (FFXI is one of the only other console MMOs), the game is already creating enormous positive buzz.

Runner Up - Star Wars: The Old Republic

The Old Republic, as the current most anticipated game on MMORPG.com as voted by the readers, would have been a great choice for top honors in this category. However, the editorial staff here at MMORPG.com remains dubious that a 2010 release date, even late into Q4 is what we're going to see from this new MMO incarnation of the Star Wars franchise. We feel that it is far more likely that Bioware will use some extra development time to bring the game to the level of polish that players will demand and see a release some time in 2011. We fully expect this game to get another kick at the most anticipated game can in next year's awards.

Back to top Go down
Supamoe
Leaders Council
Leaders Council
Supamoe

Male
Number of posts : 872
IGN[Game NickName] : Supamoe
Current Status : Normal
Registration date : 2008-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIV: Most Anticipated Game of 2010   Final Fantasy XIV: Most Anticipated Game of 2010 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 12:49 pm

OUt of all those choices , Hell fucking YEAH Final Fantasy is a Guaranteed Win lol
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIV: Most Anticipated Game of 2010   Final Fantasy XIV: Most Anticipated Game of 2010 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 1:18 pm

lol yeah moe.with the exception of swtor the rest is not that good lolz.

* Final Fantasy XIV
* Global Agenda
* Guild Wars 2
* Star Trek Online
* Star Wars: The Old Republic

well gw2 is still ok i guess since it is b2p.might still buy if it allow testing first before buy.star trek i heard is almost all instance like gw2 and p2p somemore so i will just pass.
Back to top Go down
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male
Number of posts : 6807
IGN[Game NickName] : Snow, Nuts, Nut, Snowball, Splash, Snowy
Current Status : Busy at School
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIV: Most Anticipated Game of 2010   Final Fantasy XIV: Most Anticipated Game of 2010 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 2:57 pm

gw2 might be fun for organised pvp battles
Back to top Go down
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/8485/1snowflakecardmadebyneoc
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIV: Most Anticipated Game of 2010   Final Fantasy XIV: Most Anticipated Game of 2010 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 4:01 pm

hehe yeah snow.esp if it really is b2p it might make more sense for me to get ffxiv and gw2 instead of ffxiv and b&s which is probably p2p as well lolz.

but then b&s look so nice also i think i will still buy and test it.if really 2012 is end of the world then we should pamper ourselves a bit more ^^

ahuhu
Back to top Go down
Forseti
Raider
Raider
Forseti

Male
Number of posts : 571
IGN[Game NickName] : Forseti, Cadexn
Current Status : Active
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIV: Most Anticipated Game of 2010   Final Fantasy XIV: Most Anticipated Game of 2010 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 6:15 pm

FFXIV being able to rise to the top as the most ancipated game in that strict flamehole is considered an achievement. Kudos to SE i guess xD
Back to top Go down
HereCumsThePain
Raider
Raider
HereCumsThePain

Male
Number of posts : 420
IGN[Game NickName] : Pain
Registration date : 2009-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIV: Most Anticipated Game of 2010   Final Fantasy XIV: Most Anticipated Game of 2010 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 12:50 am

YEs we are all gonna die at 2012 GOD BLESS US...BLADE AND SOUL Before we die please...
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIV: Most Anticipated Game of 2010   Final Fantasy XIV: Most Anticipated Game of 2010 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 6:24 pm

pfft me and my gf gonna only human being alive..... me and her can find eternal life pots to live together forever ^^
Back to top Go down
Hera
Nivy
Nivy
Hera

Female
Number of posts : 1925
IGN[Game NickName] : Vynch
Current Status : Happy
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIV: Most Anticipated Game of 2010   Final Fantasy XIV: Most Anticipated Game of 2010 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 8:04 pm

Katzyuke wrote:
pfft me and my gf gonna only human being alive..... me and her can find eternal life pots to live together forever ^^

You'll live in a very bored world and forced to chase kangaroo around for food.

@Shu
I love the idea of pampering yourself before 2012.
Back to top Go down
http://burogublog.wordpress.com
-Phobia
Red Captain
Red Captain
-Phobia

Male
Number of posts : 588
IGN[Game NickName] : Phoby
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIV: Most Anticipated Game of 2010   Final Fantasy XIV: Most Anticipated Game of 2010 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 12:24 am

Ashura wrote:
hehe yeah snow.esp if it really is b2p it might make more sense for me to get ffxiv and gw2 instead of ffxiv and b&s which is probably p2p as well lolz.

but then b&s look so nice also i think i will still buy and test it.if really 2012 is end of the world then we should pamper ourselves a bit more ^^

ahuhu

The world will indeed end in 2012, my plans have already been set into motion to bring it upon us.

I don't let the hype affect me for FFXIV, the lower I keep my expectations for the game, the more I'll enjoy it yush
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIV: Most Anticipated Game of 2010   Final Fantasy XIV: Most Anticipated Game of 2010 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy XIV: Most Anticipated Game of 2010
Page 1 of 1