Revieuw on rogue Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Aetherius Network

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aetherius Network

International multi-gaming guild since 2006.

Come chat with us on Discord! It's where everyone is at now! https://discord.gg/aBSngGf
Check out our Aetherius Network Facebook Page to see upcoming news and/or enter giveaways.
Follow us on Twitter!

3 posters

Revieuw on rogue

Snow
    Snow
    The Almighty Banana
    The Almighty Banana

Male
    Number of posts : 6807
    IGN[Game NickName] : Snow, Nuts, Nut, Snowball, Splash, Snowy
    Current Status : Busy at School
    Registration date : 2008-06-02

Revieuw on rogue Empty Revieuw on rogue

Post by Snow Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:05 am

I guess this can help some of the people that are not in CB yet.

Rogue uses energy for executing skills. your energy bar limit is 100. most rogue attack skills cost 30~35 energy.

Rogue attack skills are instant, which makes them extremely spammable, since they also don't have a cooldown.

Rogue has 3 primary ways of killing the target fast, you will start with the 3 attacks combo, since these are the skills that you will get 1st, shadowface, villanity and lacroste

shadowface, deals a small amount of dmg and makes your target bleed it's also a 2nd skill so can be used when ya have other class as main, this is why it's worth getting it to +10 (got 3 ranks so don't lvl rank 1 past +10) costs 30 energy

villanity, this attack is one of your main, for the rest of ya rogue life, since it has 3 ranks, you should not lvl the 1st one past +10
    this attack deals a good ammount of additional dmg and when your target is bleeding it infilicts a deep wound.
    (this attack you can use to spam 3 times right in a row, (use premeditation then this ll explain in a bit) or for the 3 attacks combo with shadowface 1st the villanity then lacroste)

Lacroste (or however you spell it) needs your target to be bleeding or be wounded, this attack adds a bigger ammount of extra dmg then villanity, although this skill looks strong, I barely end up using it anymore (the reason is your target has to be bleeding or wounded to do the extra dmg otherwise its just a normal attack)

Ok so here is the 2nd quick way to kill stuff, just spam villanity 3x right in a row, this usually kills or does 80% dmg on a normal mob under your lvl, this is why I think Lacroste is unnecessary, because that way you have more skills to confuse, and villanity does a good ammount of additional dmg without needing bleed or wound for it.

And here is the skill that you get last to kill stuff the fastest, Premeditation at lvl 14
    This skill makes your next back attack a critical hit, and adds another 40% extra dmg on top of that, just awesome ^^
    You have to be out of battle to cast this skill, and it gives you this buff only for 20 seconds, so the hit has to be in 20 seconds and before you get in combat.
    There are 3 ways to pull that off against mobs 1st is the mob is not agressive, so you can just use the buff, walk to the mob and hit it
    2nd you stay out of battle range of the mob use the buff, walk behind the mob, and charge in while pressing the attack button, you will hit it before you are in combat
    3d and that's why I told the charge tactic, is to use the buff then use stealth and creep behind the target, but when using stealth you move 50% slower, and every lvl of stealth speeds that up with only 0,5% so you won't be able to move at a decent speed untill a high lvl.
    Also this is why I love villanity so much, it gives good basic dmg without needing anything special so after you use Premeditation your back attack will be villanity. My average crits at lvl 14 were 350~400 dmg and even went as high as 550 dmg, and yes that is high 550 dmg is nearly 2 mobs in 1 hit at that lvl.

ok those are the main ways to kill stuff as a rogue

now the main skills for your rogue to learn are:

Shadowface rank 1 --- up it to +10 [] rank 2 --- up it to +10 [] rank 3 max it out (although it adds small ammount of dmg is can be used on your other class, and since its spammable it's a really good skill to have lvled)

Villanity rank 1 ---- up it ot +10 [] rank 2 --- up it to +10 (or higher if you like [] rank 3 --- max it out

Lacroste (this is a choice to you, if you plan to use the 3 attack combo or not but I would say unnecessary even if it does good dmg)

hide: this skill you should not waste any points at at 1st you won't see much difference anyway, max it out for end game though.

lvl 15 you get passive to dual wield 1h weapons, this is a 2nd skill so you can use that to dual wield on your other class too

lvl 16 you get the skill cheap shot, which is a really good skill, you have to be out of battle, and hit the target from behind, to stun it for 3 seconds and make it bleed for 6 seconds, now at 1st its not worth lvling it, but before end game you should max it out. This will be your starting move together with premeditation when fighting harder mobs.

lvl 20 you get a passive to increase your attack speed by a little bit its a 2nd skill which is handy since it will speeds your other class too

blindstab is another handy 2nd skilll (should be at least upped to +1 since that gives like 30 extra dmg and the rest of the lvls only 15) this skill lowers your targets hit rate by a lot, and since your dodge rate is higher then on average chars it's a great help, although 15 seconds cooldown

>>>Poison, you get this skill at lvl 10 it makes your weapons being able to poison targets, but you need to get poison 1st not sure how you get it yet (probably with alchemy skill)
    This will be a sweet skill, I >>ASSUME<< it will be like in WoW where you can have poisons with all kind of different effects, like slow, dmg, decrease armor, decrese attack, etc

ok these were the few main things on the rogue, hope this helps a bit
    ash
    ash
    Commander
    Commander

Male
    Number of posts : 710
    IGN[Game NickName] : Ordain,Arthorius,Vaandrin
    Current Status : Active
    Registration date : 2008-06-01

Revieuw on rogue Empty Re: Revieuw on rogue

Post by ash Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:22 pm

wow nice guide ty for the effort :study:
    Buffie
    Buffie
    High Priestess
    High Priestess

Female
    Number of posts : 1780
    IGN[Game NickName] : Buffie
    Current Status : Happy
    Registration date : 2008-06-12

Post by Buffie Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:33 pm

Another great guide Snow thx thumbs up

I havent tried rouge yet but i will follow this when i do hehe
    Snow
    Snow
    The Almighty Banana
    The Almighty Banana

Male

Post by Snow Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:14 pm

Also if the TP reset guy stays in game for OB, this build will be not correct anymore, but I will change it to how it should be in that case.
    ash
    ash
    Commander
    Commander

Male
    Number of posts : 710
    IGN[Game NickName] : Ordain,Arthorius,Vaandrin
    Current Status : Active
    Registration date : 2008-06-01

Post by ash Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:45 pm

lol as far as my experience with the game the rouge is in a league of its own
    Snow
    Snow
    The Almighty Banana
    The Almighty Banana

Male

Post by Snow Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:23 pm

Ok, since they will be changing the classes so much, I think I made this revieuw bit too early, should revieuw this once we'r close to Open Beta.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:43 am