Aetherius Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aetherius Network

International multi-gaming guild since 2006.

HomeAetheriusEventsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Come chat with us on Discord! It's where everyone is at now! https://discord.gg/aBSngGf
Check out our Aetherius Network Facebook Page to see upcoming news and/or enter giveaways.
Follow us on Twitter!

Atlantica Online

Go down 
+9
Ironhart
AxLR0Se
Dias
Melvin
Rabsiu
Evocator
CrazyJon
mina
Shu
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male
Number of posts : 10794
IGN[Game NickName] : Ashura/Iori Yagami
Current Status : Busy at Work
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Atlantica Online Empty
PostSubject: Atlantica Online   Atlantica Online Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 2:59 am

website for me is down atm,but its just started cb testing.i may beable to get a cb key.if i do get maybe i will test it out and give a review on this game

http://atlantica.ndoorsgames.com/center/default.asp

Korean company NDOORS (Luminary: Rise of the Goonzu, Time N Tales has announced they are bringing Atlantica Online — a strategic, turn-based MMORPG — to North America, launching a closed beta next month. You can sign up for the beta over at the website; full press release after the jump.

Atlantica brings back classic turn-based gameplay and marries it to a deep strategic framework that encompasses combat, character/party development and city/country management. NDOORS, developer and publisher of massively multiplayer online games (MMOGs), will launch the Atlantica closed beta in July.

NDOORS designed Atlantica’s combat, mercenary and city/country management systems to set it apart from the rest of the MMO market.

The turn-based combat system offers players the chance to strategically plan every move of the nine characters in their group. Players can form teams of three to bring 27 controllable characters into combat. Or for simple fights, players can preset each character/mercenary’s skill set and let the auto-battle system resolve the fight.

The mercenary system gives players the chance to manage multiple characters’ development simultaneously. In addition to their main character, players can hire eight mercenaries each with a different class and skills. They can be obtained as an infant and raised, married to other mercenaries and even have their own children. Mercenaries’ stats will decline as they age, necessitating the need to constantly update and upkeep the mercenary roster.

The city/country management system adds a layer of strategic play beyond typical party level interaction. Guilds can establish control of cities and go to war with each other. They will need to plan everything from culture, commerce and industry, even down to the placement of buildings for the maximum output. Groups of guilds can even band together to take control of countries. Controlling cities and countries allows them to obtain rare items and mercenaries.

“We really strived to create a game that gave players something new,” said Peter Kang, CEO of NDOORS Interactive. “Atlantica was designed to bring the gameplay that RPG and strategy fans love the most to the MMO world. Atlantica takes smarts, requiring planning and strategy at every step.”

Players take on the quest to destroy the Oriharukon energy, a powerful sensor from Atlantis that is poisoning the world. This journey will take players around the globe, including the ancient civilizations of Hanyang (Korea), Indus Valley (India and Pakistan), Mesopotamia (Iraq, Syria and Turkey) and Egypt, as well as North America and legendary locales such as the Pyramids and Angkor Wat.

To sign up, visit www.playatlantica.com.

About NDOORS Interactive

NDOORS Interactive is the U.S. subsidiary of Korea-based NDOORS Corp., which develops and publishes online games. NDOORS’ other popular online games include the political and economic MMORPG ‘Luminary: Rise of the Goonzu’ and the time-traveling strategic RPG ‘Time N Tales.’ More information is available at http://www.ndoors.com/eng/default.asp.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Atlantica Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atlantica Online   Atlantica Online Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 7:53 am

yes i like this one was looking at it sent you link .. hehe think we looking at same time xD
Back to top Go down
mina
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
mina

Female
Number of posts : 3326

Atlantica Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atlantica Online   Atlantica Online Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 8:03 am

The thing about this one is that I hear it was turn-based? Which is like playing a console game more.
Back to top Go down
https://aeth.darkbb.com
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

Atlantica Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atlantica Online   Atlantica Online Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 8:16 am

yes mina which is why i not recommending it atm,i want to play for myself and check it out first before giving it my review.

if turn based battle is fast pace and only allow a very short time like 5-10 second to make ur next move then i think the game can consider playing.its not console game as ur enemies will be both npc and other players heh.

i am checking out a few more mmorpg.see which ones is good for us ^^

even tot pw int is not a bad choice.but i keeping my option open heh
Back to top Go down
mina
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
mina

Female
Number of posts : 3326

Atlantica Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atlantica Online   Atlantica Online Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 8:27 am

aye aye captain *salutes*
Find a good voyage for us :D
Back to top Go down
https://aeth.darkbb.com
Anonymous

Atlantica Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atlantica Online   Atlantica Online Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 6:03 pm

Shu is the Scout ... find a good mmo worth playing ... :P
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

Atlantica Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atlantica Online   Atlantica Online Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 11:45 pm

a review by another player.
btw u can get ur cb key for this game at fileplanet for free instantly.i advise u to try cb and see for urself.its really not bad i think even though i have not yet enter game.1 hour+ more to go :)

there npc class ranged from class A>B>C>D,so far only C and D class mercenary is release in cb for recruitment,usually u will need to complete a quest for the npc for him/her to give u his npc scroll so that u can recruit him,town also have taxes like in rohan where player guilds can win town and set tax.also have consignment like rohan and player stall.guess all korea games use same features now lol

u start off with 3 npc,every 10 level will give 1 more npc slot for ur team.max of 8 npc total + ur main char = 9

the battle system is fast pace from what lamasing was telling me,so if anyone have time now to test try play in cb now.if u get to lvl 20 in cb u get to keep ur name in blue color in ob to show people u are a cb tester heh

there is already quite a number of former rohan players here already heh.

reviews from another player i saw in there forum:

I must say, I am pleasantly surprised at how fun this game is. As it stands, there is no MMO out there that I truly enjoy and was beginning to lose all hope in ever finding a good one. Mind you, I'm only lvl 14 so I haven't gotten too far into the game, but what I've seen thus far I'm enjoying.

I love the battle system. It gets rid of very annoying aspects previously seen in other MMOs, such as kill-stealing, people stealing your items, or people just being annoying during battle—like hitting your monster or distracting/taunting you. I can go into battle and fully concentrate on what I'm doing, and not be distracted by someone near me being a moron.

Not being able to fail enchanting is wonderful, and it's a fun way to handle duplicate items. Selling on the Market is simple and fun, not a time-consuming pain. But most of all, there's no awful grind. There are lots of quests to keep me busy while I level quickly. Battles are easy to handle and having lots of monsters to attack and many mercenaries to control keeps you busy and entertained. Lots of potions are supplied from battles for healing, and healing while sitting goes by quickly, so you don't have to wait 20 mins to get back your health. I never feel bored while playing this game.

The only issues I have are minor. Like the oddly-wrapping text, the repetitive voices (should be an option to turn them off?), and how everyone looks the same; we're all human. (A greater difference in silhouettes usually solves that issue.)

I'm actually looking forward to the Cash Shop opening so I can make my experience even better. I find the things you must pay for very reasonable, not something I can say for other games.
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

Atlantica Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atlantica Online   Atlantica Online Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 12:08 am

battle system is a bit like ts online which i have played before.i really enjoy playing that game even though it was a 100% botting game,everyone inside bot.its my first and only game that i bot to see how it works :)

ok back to recap of some of people info on atlan forum

its free roaming like wow, but once u get into battle it becomes turn based

though battles are instances, you still stay on the map. That why if you're in a densly populated area, monsters can join in mid-battle

good samaritan player can help you in mid battle if he notices you are dying

Even though the battle is instanced. Your body remains in the world. Any monster touching you will end up in the battle. Up to a max of 3 groups though it can be endless too if one keeps popping up after you beat another. I've never encountered a situation of dense mobs population like that, but I don't discount it as being possible

saying that there is not set limit on the amount of monsters that can come in battle(as in one after another)?
Because worst comes to worst, you could be fighting all day (technically but very very unlikely heh).

can view other peoples fights or jump into the fight to help them out

Just right click them. There will be several options. The ones you want are "Observe" and "Participate"

fighting person has to accept your participation for u to join in battle in pve.

If you are partied anytime someone engage's a mob and you are within ranged you'll be put into battle as well. The moment they touch the mob. If you are not in range. All you have to do is close in on your party friend, and just click on him. (Normal left click) And you'll be put in at the start of his turn (though I been put in during start of a monsters turn). If it's the middle of the turn. A box will pop up with a countdown in seconds to let you know how long before you will be let in.

You get the same count down box if you aren't partied but trying to "participate". Though I've seen the countdown as high as 24 seconds for a "participate". Probably giving the other person time to consider if they should let you in or not.

mob can call for backup, that's so much more realistic than a single monster going 'oh ok, I'll let you kill me know even though there are literally a hundred more of my friends just standing here
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

Atlantica Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atlantica Online   Atlantica Online Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 12:13 am

Back to top Go down
CrazyJon
Trooper
Trooper

Male
Number of posts : 38
IGN[Game NickName] : ItsDavid
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Atlantica Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atlantica Online   Atlantica Online Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 4:31 am

The sound acting is terrible in it. At least thats what my clan mates tell me =/
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

Atlantica Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atlantica Online   Atlantica Online Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 5:27 am

yup,not saying all is good,that why i not yet give my review heh
Back to top Go down
Evocator
Raider
Raider
Evocator

Male
Number of posts : 806
Current Status : unknown
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Atlantica Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atlantica Online   Atlantica Online Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 8:13 am

I read it from IAH's GE forums a week ago. It seems to be a fairly solid mmo- the turn based combat system reminds me of Final Fantasy + GE + 2Moons. ^^
Looks very promising but as I'm helping to run a guild in Rohan, I don't have time to check it at all. <_<
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

Atlantica Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atlantica Online   Atlantica Online Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 9:30 am

there is some bad side to game,first too little skills,advanced skill need get from mobs drop or questing i think.

second the voice npc speak is a bit boring after a while.

will play more later.now i busy testing florensia heh
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Atlantica Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atlantica Online   Atlantica Online Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 1:06 pm

i cant install this game ... the installer is corrupted ... where should i download it from to work ? i tried gamershall
Back to top Go down
CrazyJon
Trooper
Trooper

Male
Number of posts : 38
IGN[Game NickName] : ItsDavid
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Atlantica Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atlantica Online   Atlantica Online Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 1:23 pm

"I will cut you with one strike!"

xD
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

Atlantica Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atlantica Online   Atlantica Online Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 9:01 pm

use fileshack :)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Atlantica Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atlantica Online   Atlantica Online Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 9:17 pm

Ashura wrote:
use fileshack :)
-
i used fileshack and fileplanet as well .. same problem ... at around 80-90% done i get an error and the installation stops :rawr: i installed a second windows on my PC and will try again maybe it will work
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

Atlantica Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atlantica Online   Atlantica Online Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 2:07 am

good luck then hehe
Back to top Go down
Rabsiu
Captain
Captain
Rabsiu

Male
Number of posts : 286
IGN[Game NickName] : Rabsiu
Current Status : Happy
Registration date : 2008-04-02

Atlantica Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atlantica Online   Atlantica Online Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 3:48 pm

I tried this game and florensia and I didnt like florensia that much but this game is kinda cool, but I really dont have time to play right now so I will find game that suit me after summer and hopefully it gonna be game that most of you people will play.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Atlantica Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atlantica Online   Atlantica Online Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 1:17 am

i played a little last night ... and i like this game ... will play more ... ^^ ... gotta love the auto-move option xD
Back to top Go down
Melvin
Inner Court
Inner Court

Male
Number of posts : 228
IGN[Game NickName] : Melvin
Current Status : Busy at School
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Atlantica Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atlantica Online   Atlantica Online Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 4:37 pm

heh idk if it matters but imma actually try this one out =] seems really cool ^^

quick question: i saw all the merc classes and such but for the main character can a person be any of those? or is it really basic?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Atlantica Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atlantica Online   Atlantica Online Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 7:39 pm

Melvin wrote:
heh idk if it matters but imma actually try this one out =] seems really cool ^^

quick question: i saw all the merc classes and such but for the main character can a person be any of those? or is it really basic?

yes ur main hero can be any of those mercs ...
Back to top Go down
Melvin
Inner Court
Inner Court

Male
Number of posts : 228
IGN[Game NickName] : Melvin
Current Status : Busy at School
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Atlantica Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atlantica Online   Atlantica Online Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 1:27 pm

thanks for the answer, cheers
Back to top Go down
Dias
Commander
Commander
Dias

Male
Number of posts : 1396
IGN[Game NickName] : Dias Trakand
Current Status : Happy
Registration date : 2008-04-05

Atlantica Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atlantica Online   Atlantica Online Icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 2:17 pm

MMmmm, this game looks realy nice, keep us informed shu ;p
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

Atlantica Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atlantica Online   Atlantica Online Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 12:47 am

u guys sux.first tell me this game not good so i lose interest now tell me game is not bad >_< :fail:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Atlantica Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Atlantica Online   Atlantica Online Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Atlantica Online
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next