Newly datamined skills including Arcanist/Scholar/Summoner Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Aetherius Network

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aetherius Network

International multi-gaming guild since 2006.

Come chat with us on Discord! It's where everyone is at now! https://discord.gg/aBSngGf
Check out our Aetherius Network Facebook Page to see upcoming news and/or enter giveaways.
Follow us on Twitter!

4 posters

Newly datamined skills including Arcanist/Scholar/Summoner

Snow
    Snow
    The Almighty Banana
    The Almighty Banana

Male
    Number of posts : 6807
    IGN[Game NickName] : Snow, Nuts, Nut, Snowball, Splash, Snowy
    Current Status : Busy at School
    Registration date : 2008-06-02

Newly datamined skills including Arcanist/Scholar/Summoner Empty Newly datamined skills including Arcanist/Scholar/Summoner

Post by Snow Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:07 am

Snow
    Snow
    The Almighty Banana
    The Almighty Banana

Male

Newly datamined skills including Arcanist/Scholar/Summoner Empty Re: Newly datamined skills including Arcanist/Scholar/Summoner

Post by Snow Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:10 am

Dragoon, got kinda nerfed imo.
    They removed Archer as it's subclass and made it Pugilist.

Where the monk got slightly buffed by changing the subclass Gladiator to Marauder.
    Neoyoshi
    Neoyoshi
    Grandpa
    Grandpa

Male
    Number of posts : 1711
    IGN[Game NickName] : Neoyoshi
    Current Status : Happy
    Registration date : 2008-04-11

Newly datamined skills including Arcanist/Scholar/Summoner Empty Re: Newly datamined skills including Arcanist/Scholar/Summoner

Post by Neoyoshi Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:34 pm

Reedit wrote:Monk:

Howling Fist potency reduced from 190 -> 170. Recast reduced from 300s -> 60s.

At first i was like.. Nooooooooooo

But then i was like.. Wow! 60second CD! niiiice.

Snow wrote:Dragoon, got kinda nerfed imo.
    They removed Archer as it's subclass and made it Pugilist.

Where the monk got slightly buffed by changing the subclass Gladiator to Marauder.

Now what exactly is the whole sub-class thing?
    Snow
    Snow
    The Almighty Banana
    The Almighty Banana

Male

Post by Snow Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:59 am

If you choose to play as a Job and not a class you'r limited to the classes with which you share your skills.

Marauder = Class
    Warrior = Job

Marauder can use all shared class skills from other classes.
    Warrior can only use the Gladiator and Pugilist shared skills, but gains the specific job skills.
    Neoyoshi
    Neoyoshi
    Grandpa
    Grandpa

Male

Post by Neoyoshi Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:15 am

Snow wrote:If you choose to play as a Job and not a class you'r limited to the classes with which you share  your skills.

Marauder = Class
    Warrior = Job

Marauder can use all shared class skills from other classes.
    Warrior can only use the Gladiator and Pugilist shared skills, but gains the specific job skills.

Oooooooh, i think i understand now. That's very interesting. :)

Now does this affect any ability to switch to another class and pick the job for that class?

Like for instance:
    My main will be a Pugilist, but i will pick the Monk job when it becomes available for it, can i then later on on the same Character switch to say "Lancer" and also upgrade it to a Dragoon?

I guess what my question is: "Can one character have multiple jobs with all the classes as long as they do the normal switch-out?"
    ValKrice
    ValKrice
    Commander
    Commander

Male
    Number of posts : 575
    IGN[Game NickName] : Krice Valmont
    Registration date : 2010-02-23

Post by ValKrice Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:25 am

Neoyoshi wrote: My main will be a Pugilist, but i will pick the Monk job when it becomes available for it, can i then later on on the same Character switch to say "Lancer" and also upgrade it to a Dragoon?

I guess what my question is: "Can one character have multiple jobs with all the classes as long as they do the normal switch-out?"[/color]

One character have multiple jobs with all the classes as long as they do the normal switch-out and equips the respective Soul Crystals. Soul Crystals can be obtained by quests after meet requirement. Jobs also obtained their ability via quest (think them as upgrade test :P).

Pugilist equips knuckles while Monk equips knuckles & Monk Soul Crystal. Lancer equips spear while Dragoon equips spear & Dragoon Soul Crystal.
    Neoyoshi
    Neoyoshi
    Grandpa
    Grandpa

Male

Post by Neoyoshi Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:28 am

ValKrice wrote:
    Neoyoshi wrote: My main will be a Pugilist, but i will pick the Monk job when it becomes available for it, can i then later on on the same Character switch to say "Lancer" and also upgrade it to a Dragoon?

I guess what my question is: "Can one character have multiple jobs with all the classes as long as they do the normal switch-out?"[/color]

One character have multiple jobs with all the classes as long as they do the normal switch-out and equips the respective Soul Crystals. Soul Crystals can be obtained by quests after meet requirement. Jobs also obtained their ability via quest (think them as upgrade test :P).

Pugilist equips knuckles while Monk equips knuckles & Monk Soul Crystal. Lancer equips spear while Dragoon equips spear & Dragoon Soul Crystal.

Ahhhhh, okey dokey. Thank you for the clarification. :)
    Snow
    Snow
    The Almighty Banana
    The Almighty Banana

Male

Post by Snow Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:45 am

Yush, Jobs are literally worn like an item.
    You can unlock every class/job and max them all out.

If you max out the main class of a Job all the related jobs to that class will be max lvl (but still require the quests done for their specific job skills)
    Fox example lvling an Arcanist to 50 and equipping either Summoner or Scholar soul crystal will make you lvl 50 Scholar/Summoner.
    Reverse works too, equipping a Scholar crystal as soon as it becomes available to your lvl 30 Arcanist and then lvling the Scholar to 50 will mean that your Arcanist will be lvl 50 too.
    Facade
    Facade
    Advisory Board
    Advisory Board

Male
    Number of posts : 1036
    IGN[Game NickName] : Facade, Tsunami, Tsunade
    Current Status : Normal
    Registration date : 2010-02-01

Post by Facade Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:57 am

Snow wrote:Yush, Jobs are literally worn like an item.
    You can unlock every class/job and max them all out.

If you max out the main class of a Job all the related jobs to that class will be max lvl (but still require the quests done for their specific job skills)
    Fox example lvling an Arcanist to 50 and equipping either Summoner or Scholar soul crystal will make you lvl 50 Scholar/Summoner.
    Reverse works too, equipping a Scholar crystal as soon as it becomes available to your lvl 30 Arcanist and then lvling the Scholar to 50 will mean that your Arcanist will be lvl 50 too.

Thats interesting, kinda cool.

Do Jobs have any major advantage over hybrid mixed class combo? Other than Artifact armour which i know is job pacific.
    Snow
    Snow
    The Almighty Banana
    The Almighty Banana

Male

Post by Snow Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:54 pm

Yeah, job skills are usually rather strong.
    While non class specific skills r nice to have they'r usually not as determining or game-changing.
    Mainly due to the best skills on most classes being bound to that specific class/job and not sharable.

Also in case of Arcanist which is gonna be the 1st one with 2 jobs, you get to play as 2 different roles depending on your job (Arcanist/Summoner ques as DPS while Scholar ques as healer). Which might be very interesting for the auto group tool.
    And depending on how they do the other 2nd jobs for other classes, might allow them to que as different roles too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 18, 2024 9:26 pm