Neverwinter Beta Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Aetherius Network

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aetherius Network

International multi-gaming guild since 2006.

Come chat with us on Discord! It's where everyone is at now! https://discord.gg/aBSngGf
Check out our Aetherius Network Facebook Page to see upcoming news and/or enter giveaways.
Follow us on Twitter!

+2
Snow
Neoyoshi
6 posters

Neverwinter Beta

Neoyoshi
    Neoyoshi
    Grandpa
    Grandpa

Male
    Number of posts : 1711
    IGN[Game NickName] : Neoyoshi
    Current Status : Happy
    Registration date : 2008-04-11

Neverwinter Beta Empty Neverwinter Beta

Post by Neoyoshi Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:11 pm

Hey all, i just wanted to go ahead and start a topic up for Neverwinter, as i plan on transitioning from Tera to this game once it goes into Open beta, which may not be until this Summer.

3/10/2013
    Removed the "first 40" video, as it was recorded during the first beta weened event. The second beta weekend event has shown that a lot of systems, Enemy AI, spells, weapon/enemy damage, quests, maps, and a lot more have changed.

I included the suffix "beta" in the thread title because after my experiences so far in this beta, i will not take this game lightly, and i don't think anyone should either.

For people who are used to the garbage game titles Perfect World Entertainment has choked us with for so many years; -you may be pleasantly surprised.

And why not? it's not like anything by Cryptic has actually sucked.

So please try to keep in mind PWE is just their publisher, Cryptic is actually running the show here when it comes to the actual game.

Although i won't ask anyone to stop disliking PWE for all the hard-work they've done over the years of keeping players disgruntled; but i am not going to let that fact stop me from enjoying a genuinely decent game.

Tell The Adventure You're Way.

You've played tabletop campaigns, sketched out dungeons and imagined ancient ruins, wishing all the while that you could make them come to life. Now, you can. The Foundry for Neverwinter lets you build and share the adventures you've always wanted to see.

The Foundry gives you the tools to build dungeons, castles, cities, foreboding woods and everything in-between. Build NPCs the way you see them in your mind's eye and populate your world with tavern keepers and soldiers, Queens and scullions. Lay the groundwork for an epic adventure that takes players into the depths of the earth in search of dwarven treasure, or pits them against near impossible odds to save the city of Neverwinter.

Easy to use, The Foundry also features a dynamic rating system that allows players to rate and highlight the best player-designed adventures.

NOTE: The Foundry is currently in development and due to the nature of games development, information and content may not be representative of the current gameplay experience.

Q: What is The Foundry for Neverwinter?

With The Foundry, you have the power to tell new tales by creating quests, zones and stories that you can share with your friends and the entire Neverwinter community. Use this robust set of editing tools to create new dungeons to explore, or re-imagine your favorite campaigns from the ground up!

Q: How will I be able to access The Foundry?

You'll be able to access The Foundry easily from in-game. The Character Creation screen includes a direct link to the toolset. Missions, once published, will also be accessible in-game.

Q: Will I be able to play adventures created by other players?

Yes! Making player-authored content available to the community is an essential feature of Neverwinter and The Foundry makes it happen.

Last edited by Neoyoshi on Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Snow
    Snow
    The Almighty Banana
    The Almighty Banana

Male
    Number of posts : 6807
    IGN[Game NickName] : Snow, Nuts, Nut, Snowball, Splash, Snowy
    Current Status : Busy at School
    Registration date : 2008-06-02

Neverwinter Beta Empty Re: Neverwinter Beta

Post by Snow Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:52 pm

Not to bash on the game, but yea PW...
    $200 to make a Drow and get insane startup boost right away...
    Also comes with shit load of other things and 750k of in game money however much that is

And this is before I've even seen the actual in game cash shop o_0

I had hoped for a different approach since it wasn't made by PW themselves, but oh my, they actually gonna try to milk this one even harder than their other games because it isn't a copy paste from their own games
    Neoyoshi
    Neoyoshi
    Grandpa
    Grandpa

Male

Post by Neoyoshi Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:41 pm

Snow wrote:Not to bash on the game, but yea PW...
    $200 to make a Drow and get insane startup boost right away...
    Also comes with shit load of other things and 750k of in game money however much that is

And this is before I've even seen the actual in game cash shop o_0

I had hoped for a different approach since it wasn't made by PW themselves, but oh my, they actually gonna try to milk this one even harder than their other games because it isn't a copy paste from their own games

I can differently understand the reaction Snow, believe me, when i first saw the whole Founders pack thing, i found myself in a very indifferent and confused position about how i should feel about it.

I even wrote a pretty lengthy and fairly-natural thread on the Neverwinter forums regarding that.

Truth is though, I've begun to understand that this isn't exactly about the average run-of-the-mill Prefect world or Moneysoft type of business, this is simply a new type of revenue concept that is starting to take shape into what will most likely be known as how Free-to-play business models gain extra revenue.

It took me awhile but after receiving opinions from different people, I've sort of warmed up to it a bit, i am actually going to purchase the $200 Founders Pack later this month myself, mostly because the pack is worth $500+ in virtual items. And because i am a huge fan of Forgotten Realms and the Neverwinter content and i am willing to support it.

I just hope the bulk of this extra revenue is actually going to Cryptic and further content development and to help keep employees from losing their jobs.

If i find out that Perfect World lays off a bunch of employee's after Neverwinter is released (or nearing release), I'm going to be upset.

Snow
    Snow
    The Almighty Banana
    The Almighty Banana

Male

Post by Snow Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:11 am

But they would have your money already and wouldn't give a ****
    Facade
    Facade
    Advisory Board
    Advisory Board

Male
    Number of posts : 1036
    IGN[Game NickName] : Facade, Tsunami, Tsunade
    Current Status : Normal
    Registration date : 2010-02-01

Post by Facade Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:09 am

After playing the original DDO (I'm a massive fan and have 100+ Forgotten Realm books). I wont play this. Drow owned the other races stats in DDO, probally do in this too. And really $200? thats a pretty huge gamble for them to claim $500 of virtual items for $200 in a game that is not released.
    Thats more than a collectors edition of any game i've seen to date and it may be a disapointing game, thats a big risk and imo unrealistic. They should add fancy expansions 1month after release not pre release. Instant game killer for me.

Also as snow pointed out we havent even seen the cash shop yet.

Genlog
    Genlog
    Captain
    Captain

Male
    Number of posts : 347
    IGN[Game NickName] : Genlog Lamora
    Current Status : Busy at Work
    Registration date : 2011-07-11

Post by Genlog Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:24 am

PW companie are mony hunger so they put cash shop soon
    i recommen never play any pw games but its up to you
    Neoyoshi
    Neoyoshi
    Grandpa
    Grandpa

Male

Post by Neoyoshi Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:52 pm

Genlog wrote:PW companie are mony hunger so they put cash shop soon
    i recommen never play any pw games but its up to you

The cash shop is already in the game for testing, and it is 100% cosmetic and utility.

There is nothing in the cash shop that will give an advantage over another player.

And i am getting tired of the whole PWE topic, it's gotten really REALLY old.

They are just a game publishing company other here in the States, i don't really care to know
    what their financial strategies are, because with the way things are going for Game companies
    right now, they need the money. All i care about right now is the testing and polishing of this game.

I'm in the Closed beta's and i can tell you that the game is a lot of fun, it's what i would expect from Cryptic.

EDIT: Just did my first Skirmish mission and it was a lot of fun.

Turns out the game awards you Astral Diamonds from just completing special missions like Skirmishes, Dungeons, and Raids.

Astral Diamonds can be used at the Zen exchange.

In essence, by just playing the game, you can get Zen for free.

So instead of the game being "Pay to win" wouldn't it be more correct to say it's "Play to Win"?

EDIT2: I will be removing that video on the first post because a lot of things have changed since Beta weekend one, so that video no longer relevant to the games current build.

As a matter of fact, i won't be posting any videos period while this is in beta due to the large and game-impacting difference that were made.

Facade
    Facade
    Advisory Board
    Advisory Board

Male

Post by Facade Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:41 am

The publisher does not concern me in the least.

What does concern me is the instant price tag to get features in a game that should be there anyway. RA Salavtores probally most well known title was the IceWind Dale Trilogy and DarkElf trilogy + all the prequels/sequels that followed with Drizzt etc and yet $200 up front to play a drow? complete rip off.

Should be a selectable race as with all others that are available.
    Neoyoshi
    Neoyoshi
    Grandpa
    Grandpa

Male

Post by Neoyoshi Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:11 am

Facade wrote:The publisher does not concern me in the least.

What does concern me is the instant price tag to get features in a game that should be there anyway. RA Salavtores probally most well known title was the IceWind Dale Trilogy and DarkElf trilogy + all the prequels/sequels that followed with Drizzt etc and yet $200 up front to play a drow? complete rip off.

Should be a selectable race as with all others that are available.

Facade, it's not the Race people are buying, it's just the special cosmetic version of a Drow. xD The Drow race will be available at launch, along with the Orc and a few other exiled/evil races i forgot to look at during the character creation screen.

What is offered in the Hero of the North pack is the Menzoberranzan Renegade, which is a just a specialized cosmetic version of the normal Drow race and comes with a unique tattoo that is exclusive to the normal tattoo options available in the tattoo template.

They are still working on the Drow race and it's racial, along with other classes like the Warlock, Ranger, Greatsword Fighter, and some other classes they are keeping a secret for now.

No one is going to be locked out of any of the content in this game, the Cryptic devs have already made that clear. The Founders packs are being treated like Kickstarter rewards.
    Facade
    Facade
    Advisory Board
    Advisory Board

Male

Post by Facade Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:23 pm

Oh, my bad I clearly didn't read it correctly . In that case maybe I will check it out after all. :)
    Neoyoshi
    Neoyoshi
    Grandpa
    Grandpa

Male

Post by Neoyoshi Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:26 pm

Facade wrote:Oh, my bad I clearly didn't read it correctly . In that case maybe I will check it out after all. :)

It's alright, i was uncertain about it at first too, along with many others; until a GM clarified it.

I personally really REALLY enjoyed myself playing the game this past weekend. Accepting extra missions and Dungeons from the Foundry made it virtually impossible to become bored. Cryptic has really out-done themselves with the Foundry, as there is absolutely no limit to what you can build or create except one's own imagination. xD

My only gripe is i was not able to make it to level 15 in time so i could create a Foundry mission myself. XDD; But then again that was because i leveled so slowly, i spent so much time exploring and looking at stuff and collecting stuff.

I think my favorite Foundry mission so far is the "Bar Fight" mission, it's short yet very challenging. :)
    Facade
    Facade
    Advisory Board
    Advisory Board

Male

Post by Facade Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:07 am

what is the planned lvl cap?
    Neoyoshi
    Neoyoshi
    Grandpa
    Grandpa

Male

Post by Neoyoshi Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:44 am

Level 60 for right now. The class skills, Feats and Paragon skill trees are tailored for level 60 and there are a lot of customization regarding the Feats and Paragon stuff.

The exp in the game is still being balanced and tweaked though, so it's hard to tell how fast people will be able to get to max level.

I think Cryptic's whole plan is to try to spread the content out as wide as they possibly can, and lower the exp rate so people don't max the level cap so quickly.

Right now the Enemy experience is extremely low, it's almost unnoticeable at times, giving that old-school feeling of only gaining Exp until after one completes the mission/dungeon/quest.

Player-created content makes up for a large amount of the time people spend questing though. I think in this last beta weekend, i spent more time playing player-authored content, verse the normal content. xD

kawainu
    kawainu
    Captain
    Captain

Male
    Number of posts : 365
    IGN[Game NickName] : kawainu
    Registration date : 2010-01-31

Post by kawainu Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:07 pm

I just have 1 question about this game: this player made adventures, are they made using premade quests and premade scenarios and monsters or is there any programming/3d modelling involved?
    Neoyoshi
    Neoyoshi
    Grandpa
    Grandpa

Male

Post by Neoyoshi Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:32 am

kawainu wrote:I just have 1 question about this game: this player made adventures, are they made using premade quests and premade scenarios and monsters or is there any programming/3d modelling involved?

It's actually a little bit of everything in-between.

See the Foundry basically takes every model template that the game uses, and you are given 100% creative freedom on what you can do with them.

So you could build a map entirely out of small pieces of ply-wood if that's what you wanted to do. xD;

The Toolset that we use does resemble that of a 3D modeling program, the only difference is we just use objects, textures, models, parcels, meshes, etc. that are supplied there in the Toolset.

In a fashion, it is possible to create something completely unique and of your own design object-wise, it just requires a lot of time and creativity. :)

When it comes to quests and missions, NPC's, and monsters, I'm not 100% sure how that works yet, as i have had very little time to play around with the Foundry.

Next beta weekend all i will be doing is working with the Foundry.
    Beebo
    Commander
    Commander

Male
    Number of posts : 867
    Registration date : 2009-05-22

Post by Beebo Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:58 pm

It's in open beta now
    Facade
    Facade
    Advisory Board
    Advisory Board

Male

Post by Facade Sat May 04, 2013 1:39 am

I'm on Dragon server if anyone cares :P
    Beebo
    Commander
    Commander

Male

Post by Beebo Sat May 04, 2013 9:43 am

I'll hop on to try~

Ahh, it's good to pass time I guess, lvl 12 now zz
    Snow
    Snow
    The Almighty Banana
    The Almighty Banana

Male

Post by Snow Thu May 09, 2013 1:06 am

Can't really take the game serious, but that actually makes it appealing in a sense.
    Messing around with the foundry right now more than playing the game really.

If anyone still playing this, I could use a lil feedback on my map heh.
    Genlog
    Genlog
    Captain
    Captain

Male

Post by Genlog Thu May 09, 2013 2:44 am

sorry snow cant help you on that game

am stil love playing SWTOR game is amazing and love the voice acting to
    but its a good game to buy some time becouse

PW companie have star trek and on 21 may
    the ad a new race what i rely love to try to

am a real sci fi freak XD

and what both games have is you have companions to help you in battle i love that very much
    so you have always some1 that aid you in battle a healer/tank/dps

Snow
    Snow
    The Almighty Banana
    The Almighty Banana

Male

Post by Snow Sun May 19, 2013 6:13 pm

Holy cow lol

So I've been playing this casually (umm yeah, lets call it like that)
    And I actually finally hit lvl 60 today.
    I gear out my character and everything and am ready to roll out for lvl 60 stuff.

And then this shit storm happens.
    We already seen a huuuuge exploit with a 4 set piece of Guardian Fighter gear, which allowed them to 1~3 shot any monster including bosses, which in turn caused a shit load of very rare items to flood the auction.

Now since last maintenance there's been another exploit, where you could bid negative numbers on the auction, which in turn resulted into you getting the bid ammount sent to your email.
    Today this exploit got into the open with everyone in the community and obviously led to shit load of people abusing it to the max, creating not millions, but billions of money out of thin air lol.
    The economy went to hell today for the 2nd time and now we ll have to see how they ll solve this stuff hmm.
    kawainu
    kawainu
    Captain
    Captain

Male
    Number of posts : 365
    IGN[Game NickName] : kawainu
    Registration date : 2010-01-31

Post by kawainu Sun May 19, 2013 6:56 pm

^OMG shocked

That's the kind of bugs they should have found and fixed during alpha test ....
    Genlog
    Genlog
    Captain
    Captain

Male

Post by Genlog Mon May 20, 2013 12:59 am

rofl i seen those bugs many times ad Dekaron
    pll make use of the bug to get ubber rich

and after that the GM shut the game down for some time
    looking on to data loggs to find those pll who did it and fix the bug

so alot of legit pll geting pissed of becouse the game wil be down for a long time
    i see this so much its sad the alot of players abuse bugs and not tell it to the GM sadly -.-
    Beebo
    Commander
    Commander

Male

Post by Beebo Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:59 pm

We are pleased to announce that Neverwinter, the most anticipated action MMORPG of 2013, will be transitioning out of Open Beta on June 20th!

The live launch of Neverwinter includes the release of Gauntlgrym, an end-game area that combines PvE, PvP and dungeon delving into one epic gameplay experience. In addition to that new content, we have listened closely to player feedback from Open Beta and will be implementing hundreds of balance changes, bug fixes and suggestions into our launch game.

Can't wait to see what the changes will look like? You won't have to! Before we go live, we will be introducing Preview, a brand new server where you will be able to play future content before it hits the live servers. Stay tuned to our Facebook, Twitter, or News to find out when Preview will be available for you!

Speaking of future content, have you heard about our first scheduled expansion? Remember, Neverwinter is completely free to download and free to play, so start today!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 10:49 pm