Dungeons & Dragons Online Goes Free to Play Model - Page 6 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Aetherius Network

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Aetherius Network

International multi-gaming guild since 2006.

Come chat with us on Discord! It's where everyone is at now! https://discord.gg/aBSngGf
Check out our Aetherius Network Facebook Page to see upcoming news and/or enter giveaways.
Follow us on Twitter!

+5
Buffie
AxLR0Se
Regalis
Snow
Shu
9 posters

Dungeons & Dragons Online Goes Free to Play Model

Snow
    Snow
    The Almighty Banana
    The Almighty Banana

Male
    Number of posts : 6807
    IGN[Game NickName] : Snow, Nuts, Nut, Snowball, Splash, Snowy
    Current Status : Busy at School
    Registration date : 2008-06-02

Dungeons & Dragons Online Goes Free to Play Model - Page 6 Empty Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online Goes Free to Play Model

Post by Snow Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:23 am

The thing why I said the other guild is, if you wanted to keep it small, so you actually did matter in a way in the guild, their highest lvl didn't reach lvl 16 yet but they do have active players lvl 1~14

While if ya join the other guild it will probably be a free ride all the way, with all their lvl 16s

I don't mind either of them though
    Regalis
    Regalis
    Commander
    Commander

Male
    Number of posts : 1438
    IGN[Game NickName] : Regalis, FxArch, Ashlan, Denna
    Current Status : Happy
    Registration date : 2008-11-11

Dungeons & Dragons Online Goes Free to Play Model - Page 6 Empty Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online Goes Free to Play Model

Post by Regalis Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:05 am

Snow what's up with that message in Guild chat recently? You won't talk to either Gauche or me, you joined another guild with your monk without telling us and the only thing you say is you're going solo because you don't need us. I thought we were a guild and you left with your monk to some other guild, Gauche left because of this whole situation and I have absolutely no clue what's going on any more. Gauche and me are the only ones who are really active in DDO since lately both you and Buffie aren't really playing. I don't know if Buffie just got bored or has any other reasons. At the moment though I'm the only one left in the guild who is playing and that sucks bad. I know you wanted to merge with another guild but apparently you already did that with your monk and there are no members, other then me and Lama maybe, left in the guild to even drag along with merging.

I copied the chatlog of guild chat in hope of getting some enlightenment as to why you won't group up with us anymore, left the guild and made another char in another guild and why you're begin a bit pissed off in DDO. We had so much fun and now Buffie is inactive, you left, Gauche left and I'm playing with Lama and Mike who just rerolled but only play 2 hours or so per day. The rest of the time I'm only doing random runs with LFM requests.

Dungeons & Dragons Online Goes Free to Play Model - Page 6 Naamlo10
    Snow
    Snow
    The Almighty Banana
    The Almighty Banana

Male

Post by Snow Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:12 am

Because you preffered to go with the randoms then with the guild.

I made a party only char, that was made for partying and dies in a 1 vs 2 fight when soloing.

Yeah I didn't play much friday & Sat cuz it's weekend o_0

But if you want to play as a group then play as a group. So yes I rerolled a monk so I can just solo and not go die from 2 mobs. While you party up with the randoms.

And yes it was fun while we played together.

As for a merge, I was thinking of joining a smaller guild with more lower lvls so that we would have more fun. And not just raid the fat loot.

As for why I left guild on my monk, is because I was sitting there on my bard doing nothing, so I rolled the monk joined, then had to read guild chat that was only about the fat loot and more fat loot that was gonna be farmed.

Why Buffie isn't playing? Umm, maybee because she isn't having fun as it is atm?

And as for why I don't party anymore, because it doesn't seem fun anymore, playing all the way together made it fun, but when ya start preffer randoms above guildies, in this type of game thats heavy party based, then it isn't fun imo.

Also doing quests with people that have way too good gear or too high lvls for that quest takes away the fun for me.

Also the whole point of a merge was so that we would have a player base for both type of playstyles, but the guild I am in with my monk wont work for you and I don't think the guild you want to join will work for me, since I don't want a guild full of max lvls already but rather an upcoming guild where if you outlvl it you will actually be usefull to them, instead of just another max lvl char.
    Regalis
    Regalis
    Commander
    Commander

Male

Post by Regalis Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:32 am

I'm in no way preferring randoms above guildies. The problem is the guildies never log on any more. When you where gone I played a lot with Buffie but at the end she left too. She even asked me why Snow didn't log on anymore. A question I didn't have an answer for.

What should I do? Not play this game and wait for someone to finally log on? You can't solo this game. This game isn't even ment for soloing. So when nobody logs online ofcourse you start to play with random people. I played a lot with Gauche since he was the only one still active. But now even he left due to this situation. I made a Barbarian character just to play with Mike and Lama, the only people who are active. This game is made for full parties and that's exactly the reason why I'm all for merging since with only a couple active people you can't do the quests. Maybe the level 2 and 3's but not the higher onces.

The thing I dislike is people just leaving and joining other guilds without saying anything. In that way Gauche and me think the same. But when we asked you what's wrong and why you don't want to group up anymore you just remain silent. After 2 days Gauche left due to this. You can talk about everything but just leaving without saying anything is rather rude. Especially considering we only got a group of hardly 4 players to play with.
    Snow
    Snow
    The Almighty Banana
    The Almighty Banana

Male

Post by Snow Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:37 am

Lol Reg you are talking as if the problem started when we stopped logging on.
    The thing is you preffered to invite randoms to run Stormhold then guildies, and ditch party just to do that.

That's why I rerolled. And didn't log in on my bard anymore.

Yes you say we hardly have the people, that gives enough reason to party up as a group at all times.
    Regalis
    Regalis
    Commander
    Commander

Male

Post by Regalis Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:47 am

Yes the problem started when nobody logged on any more. I ran SC with Buffie and 4 randoms since nobody else was online at that time. After Buffie left too I just solo'd a bit with randoms and with Gauche. Now I'm either playing with Mike and Lama who are playing 2 hours a day or with randoms.

And even then we try to form as much parties as possible. You only started refusing them a couple of days ago and stopped talking to us. If you just talked about it, like you're doing now, then things can be solved. Problem is we lost half of our members already who just left and joined other guilds or went inactive. We can't even form guild only parties now since we only have 2 or 3 people in our guild. That's why I'm all for a merge.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:07 am

then merge lol ... since there are only a few guys playing DDO i don't see the problem ...
    Snow
    Snow
    The Almighty Banana
    The Almighty Banana

Male

Post by Snow Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:09 am

o_0 the merge was never the problem, it was the sollution lol

The only problem is which guild do we merge with?
    Regalis
    Regalis
    Commander
    Commander

Male

Post by Regalis Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:53 am

Indeed. The problem I have with those new guilds is the fact that they don't have the solid foundation that those guilds that are around for 3+ years have. And the Stormreach Thieves' Guild also has low levelled members :^_-: Hell they're even featured in the game as one of the founding guilds :thumb2:
    Buffie
    Buffie
    High Priestess
    High Priestess

Female
    Number of posts : 1780
    IGN[Game NickName] : Buffie
    Registration date : 2008-06-12

Post by Buffie Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:15 pm

I am having net problems atm. Every few mins my net cuts out for a few secs so gaming is impossible :(
    I did try log on yesterday but my net went down completely within a min of logging on. I do kinda agree with with Snow that it was more fun when we were all ptying together. You know me, random partys are not really my thing hehe. The problem comes when we have different ideas about lvling, like Reg wants to lvl fast as poss and snow likes to enjoy the content more. A bigger guild with more active ppl would be the Ideal solution. I have no need to lvl fast and only really play to be with you guys, but its not a game you can really enjoy solo and you are either waiting for ppl to finish random ptys or joining random ptys that run through a map so fast you have no idea how its completed. Heck I have a hard time just keeping up with the higher lvls lol
    Anyway I will be back soon as I sort this net thing out, as you have seen in vent I get dc way to much its driving me crazy :fail:
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:12 pm

bug hug for buffie plz dont give up ^^
    Regalis
    Regalis
    Commander
    Commander

Male

Post by Regalis Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:41 am

Kick your provider q__q Your net should work soon 'cause we miss you!
    Regalis
    Regalis
    Commander
    Commander

Male

Post by Regalis Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:26 am

Snow I paid for mike. Now deliver the goods baby... :B/:
    Anemone
    Captain
    Captain

Male
    Number of posts : 127
    IGN[Game NickName] : Amnon
    Registration date : 2008-04-21

Post by Anemone Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:47 pm

DDO aint NA restricted right? cause it just won't let me create accounts at all.
    Snow
    Snow
    The Almighty Banana
    The Almighty Banana

Male

Post by Snow Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:51 pm

Umm the 10 day free trial has no retrictions at all (besides the in game restrictions of not being able to whisper or send mails)

After that if you want to continue playing the game you have to get it through a 3d site. But it's not restricted just follow this link 1st.

https://trial.turbine.com/ddo.php
    Anemone
    Captain
    Captain

Male

Post by Anemone Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:28 pm

It's not working at all to create an account or trial account.

Guess it's only for NA.
    Snow
    Snow
    The Almighty Banana
    The Almighty Banana

Male

Post by Snow Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:09 pm

Nope, I'm from the Netherlands, Buffie from the UK and both playing without problems.

Want me to make an account for you?
    Just pm me ya mail and the account info you want to have.
    Snow
    Snow
    The Almighty Banana
    The Almighty Banana

Male

Post by Snow Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:13 pm

Updated info again

Server: Khyber
    Guild name: Aetherius

Names:

Snow = Snowys
    Buffie = Buffierose or Maisie or Damsle (net problems atm)
    Reg = Elaugatar
    Mike = Autumnia

Vent info:

V44.DARKSTARLLC.COM
    port: 27530

10 days free trial + download link:

https://trial.turbine.com/ddo.php

direct download (page after account creation):

https://trial.turbine.com/index.php

Last edited by Snow on Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Regalis
    Regalis
    Commander
    Commander

Male

Post by Regalis Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:31 pm

Raid Vault of Night part 6 - Big phat red dragon:

The dragon:
    Dungeons & Dragons Online Goes Free to Play Model - Page 6 Raid110

His loot :B/: :
    Dungeons & Dragons Online Goes Free to Play Model - Page 6 Raid210
    Snow
    Snow
    The Almighty Banana
    The Almighty Banana

Male

Post by Snow Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:34 pm

That's umm quite a big chest that he leaves behind.
    Anemone
    Captain
    Captain

Male

Post by Anemone Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:35 pm

Got Thania to make an account for me, now i just need to get around the client problems, and im gonna be playing a bard.
    Snow
    Snow
    The Almighty Banana
    The Almighty Banana

Male

Post by Snow Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:42 pm

Bards are really cool, you can make a lot of different type of Bards though, really lot.

And what's wrong with the client? You should be able to download it np.

Here is the dl link btw: https://trial.turbine.com/index.php
    Anemone
    Captain
    Captain

Male

Post by Anemone Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:20 pm

first download and install just ended up in errors when starting game, but it seemed like it did not download everything so i don't know. so i might as well redownload it all just takes 30 mins or so.
    Thania
    Thania
    Captain
    Captain

Female
    Number of posts : 207
    IGN[Game NickName] : Thania
    Registration date : 2008-04-24

Post by Thania Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:47 pm

Well I started to play, I'm not that impressed by the game, remind me alot of Guild Wars for some reasons... dunno :P I'm a pally btw Eldwen Valend'Ro.
    Regalis
    Regalis
    Commander
    Commander

Male

Post by Regalis Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:38 am

Anemone wrote:first download and install just ended up in errors when starting game, but it seemed like it did not download everything so i don't know. so i might as well redownload it all just takes 30 mins or so.
    You downloaded the high res version. You should download the low res version since the high res gives download/installing problems.

Thania<3 wrote:Well I started to play, I'm not that impressed
    by the game, remind me alot of Guild Wars for some reasons... dunno :P
    I'm a pally btw Eldwen Valend'Ro.
    There's no way in hell this is similar to Guild Wars :^_-:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 11:42 pm