Aetherius Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aetherius Network

International multi-gaming guild since 2006.

HomeAetheriusEventsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Come chat with us on Discord! It's where everyone is at now! https://discord.gg/aBSngGf
Check out our Aetherius Network Facebook Page to see upcoming news and/or enter giveaways.
Follow us on Twitter!

Guild Wars 2 status update

Go down 
+10
gabandell
Hoolilol
Goady
Genlog
Shu
Facade
ReAr
Dias
Neoyoshi
Snow
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male
Number of posts : 10794
IGN[Game NickName] : Ashura/Iori Yagami
Current Status : Busy at Work
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Guild Wars 2 status update - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars 2 status update   Guild Wars 2 status update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 2:46 pm

is this game ever will release a official date yet? heh
Back to top Go down
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male
Number of posts : 6807
IGN[Game NickName] : Snow, Nuts, Nut, Snowball, Splash, Snowy
Current Status : Busy at School
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars 2 status update   Guild Wars 2 status update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 4:06 pm

No date still :P
Back to top Go down
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/8485/1snowflakecardmadebyneoc
Dias
Commander
Commander
Dias

Male
Number of posts : 1396
IGN[Game NickName] : Dias Trakand
Current Status : Happy
Registration date : 2008-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars 2 status update   Guild Wars 2 status update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 10:23 am

28th of August official release date ^^, also final beta weekend will be July 20-22
Back to top Go down
Thania
Captain
Captain
Thania

Female
Number of posts : 207
IGN[Game NickName] : Thania
Registration date : 2008-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars 2 status update   Guild Wars 2 status update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 6:05 pm

We'll be able to play Asura and Sylvari in next BWE too !
Back to top Go down
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars 2 status update   Guild Wars 2 status update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 6:59 pm

Beta weekend will be July 20-22

Remember to update your game, every few days, as the patches are pretty large
Back to top Go down
jleviso
Veteran
Veteran
jleviso

Male
Number of posts : 41
IGN[Game NickName] : whoyou
Registration date : 2011-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars 2 status update   Guild Wars 2 status update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 10:14 pm

worth it?
Back to top Go down
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars 2 status update   Guild Wars 2 status update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 10:49 pm

In short: yes
It's overhyped, but definitely worth it, especially for a b2p model

The game has pretty much everything you'd expect from an mmo, and an awesome team behind it
So far most of the issues that were/are in game, have been recognized and many of them already dealt with at an amazing speed

So yea good mmo, with a good team behind it, without monthly fees
Back to top Go down
Facade
Advisory Board
Advisory Board
Facade

Male
Number of posts : 1036
IGN[Game NickName] : Facade, Tsunami, Tsunade
Current Status : Normal
Registration date : 2010-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars 2 status update   Guild Wars 2 status update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2012 11:05 pm

Snow wrote:
It's overhyped,

actually i think its alot less hype than i expected for such a game, I've seen more hype in lesser games.. Imho it needs more hype thumbs up

Game is brilliantly done, and as snow mentioned, awsome team backing it, listening to the players and fixing any issues asap
Back to top Go down
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars 2 status update   Guild Wars 2 status update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 12:06 am

Facade wrote:
Snow wrote:
It's overhyped,

actually i think its alot less hype than i expected for such a game, I've seen more hype in lesser games.. Imho it needs more hype thumbs up

Game is brilliantly done, and as snow mentioned, awsome team backing it, listening to the players and fixing any issues asap

^ Overhyped :P

It is good for sure
But does not deliver everything the way they promised it would be
And plenty of people make it look like all the features are new and amazing
While in reality at it's core there's only very few innovations, and just many of the overall new/good things from other games put together into 1

There's still things that you ll hate. It's a good game, but has some shortcomings too like any game
These shortcomings are brushed away easily right now, by everyone, but you have to think longer term than beta weekends
(like a month+ of game-play. You ll start to get annoyed by these shortcomings, if they won't get fixed/edited)
That's why I'm saying it's worth the money though as it has a strong team behind it capable of fixing most of these before they get out of hand

Overall, this is a very good game better than pretty much anything that came out past few years, but it's not the Jesus of mmo's
Back to top Go down
Genlog
Captain
Captain
Genlog

Male
Number of posts : 347
IGN[Game NickName] : Genlog Lamora
Current Status : Busy at Work
Registration date : 2011-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars 2 status update   Guild Wars 2 status update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 12:31 am

with so many mmorpg on the market its hard to make a good game that is difrent then orthers

i wil see is GW2 is difrent then orthers ^^
Back to top Go down
Facade
Advisory Board
Advisory Board
Facade

Male

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars 2 status update   Guild Wars 2 status update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 12:33 am

Snow wrote:
, but it's not the Jesus of mmo's

If such a game ever came out it would probally be nailed to a cross before we got to play it =p

And i think the most appealing thing about this game is your not stuck in a monthly suscription(but has the quality of a p2p), you can come and go as you please without being hooked or fear you'll fall behind friends :)

To me the only game that appeals to me more than GW2 in the making is ArcheAge and to be honest I think that will be to hardcore for my time restrictions ^^
Back to top Go down
Facade
Advisory Board
Advisory Board
Facade

Male

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars 2 status update   Guild Wars 2 status update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 12:40 am

Everquest was the only game that ever made me want to explore a game world. Every other game for me since then has been a rush to complete content to PvP etc, I didn't look twice at the game world enviroment.
GW2 is the first game since EQ for me personally that I want to explore again been a long time and ALOT of games since i had that feeling. It may be short lived who knows, But until release the fact that i want to explore is a big plus for me, everything else is just a bonus. :)
Back to top Go down
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars 2 status update   Guild Wars 2 status update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 1:19 am

I am agreeing that the game is good.

But my point is, it only has a few features not done better by other mmo's
It's the total package which is very good, but most individual aspects are outclassed by other mmo's

Let's look at a few

Graphics. The graphics are good, but not impressive (We have seen equal or better already a few years back) (oh and a lot of clipping)

Character customization. It's ok, but lacks proper variety (I have to compromise on hairstyle choices, skin color etc. (giving benefit of the doubt as it is still beta, but if not improved kinda meh))

Combat. Imo barely decent. It isn't smooth, lacks proper control, camera issues, delays, lot of stupid ai (including pets), still lots of bugs with it, like shooting through walls, etc. etc.
Needs tons of work here still

PvE/quests/exploring. Supposedly the strongest point of this game, but it ain't as strong as people make it out to be.
Most stuff is pinpointed on the map, completion bonuses make it more of a chore to go from point to point, rather than just run freely on the map and literally explore it. The events are not as random as they were made out to be and repeat/scale worse than you'd hope (at least early ones)
Hitting a mob inside an event while passing by and getting a reward or completion bonus for it later on cuz someone else finishes it, is just silly
Those quest chat dialogues, are pretty smart, but at the same time will annoy the (if you seek amy) out of you in the long run.
And more small issues overall

PvP. Arenas, only 2 maps (beta, but still), Silly skills on each class, which pretty much guarantee you a kill for skill cooldown, but death time is so low, that the guy ll come back n kill you for it before your skills are back up, then you come back and do the same to him... once you'r in that flow it isn't that great. WvWvW, sounds like lots of fun, I didn't play it, but heard about quite some issues with it too.

Many of these issues can be fixed, and I'm sure Anet will
But this is the other side of the game which isn't mentioned much by the hyped folks
As a total package this game does beat pretty much any mmo, released so far though and with ArenaNet behind it the main issues will get fixed.
Back to top Go down
Facade
Advisory Board
Advisory Board
Facade

Male

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars 2 status update   Guild Wars 2 status update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 2:21 am

Actually theres plently of posts, youtube clips and blogs regarding the bugs which any interested gamer will look for. The hyped up Awsomeness is just for n00bs like any game pushes to get new players :).

Alot of those issues you mentioned above have already been fixed as of the last beta eg: shooting through walls etc, only a couple of rare instances it apeared to happen more due to ping rather than a bug.

Pet AI still needs alot of work but they did make a few improvements Anet themselves mentioned many AI errors with pets needing to be resolved.

Actually Anet had an entire player written bug section in the Beta Forums that they were fixing or working on, so they are well onto it there were alot of changes pending, eg: talents were reworked last beta and in for more updates.

Graphics is matter of preferance imo. The Art Style graphics i actually prefer over the sharper polished gfx of other games personal preferance i guess.

Customisation I agree needs a few more options with Hair choices, though the rest imo seemed ok. 30+ skin colours from white to very dark brown, Just enough body morphing to make your character unique but not rediculous like Aion had.

Maps/Questing point out a game that doesn't have pin poined maps now. Last one i played was EQ every game since has some kind of quest marker/helper or points so thats fairly standard now not an issue.

PvP will have more maps I seen in an interview that they were only releasing two of them for the beta, So i'm curious as to how many more and what kinds myself, since theres been no extra info. there was also random tournaments added for 5v5 rankings.

As for combat what was not smooth for you Snow?, cant say i knowticed anything major.
Other than the server lag from over crowding i had no issues. Skills responded the moment I hit them, dodge was instant i found pvp very smooth. Camera did need work, that was a bit anoying.

Back to top Go down
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars 2 status update   Guild Wars 2 status update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 2:10 pm

I was still shooting through walls last beta (in fact more than the beta before)

Ranger pets are stupid as (if you seek amy) still and with their change to their death, it's also hard to see that your pet actually died and isn't still alive

The talent rework imo wasn't for the best, as now you have to get useless crap skills before the ones that you really want

Graphics even if you go as far as saying it's about art style, there's still a lot of clipping going on where stuff/clothes stick into/through each other

About questing, yes there aren't many games that don't have pinpointed quests and interesting locations. The fact that you didn't play any since EQ doesn't mean there weren't any, Mortal Online was a very epic attempt on an Open World, no rules, no help, no safe-zone mmo, which was made by a too small company which had too much pressure on it before release. Otherwise would turn out as a very epic game.

Anyway about questing, it's exactly that, there isn't all that much new about it, just put in a different jacket. As for the events, Warhammer has done it pretty much exactly this way years ago and as for me who played that game, there isn't much new about it.

The lack of maps, I can understand for the beta, yet the other part is still silly, when you kill someone or get killed, the person that killed you ll have his skills on cooldown, so all you have to do is sit out your 5~10 sec cooldown come back and kill him while his skills are on cd
Hell in a longer teamfight you could even come back 3x before it ends if you happen to go suicidial

Combat, PvP: being shot through walls, shooting through walls, lag issues, melee impossible due to lag, going into melee and everything constantly freezing up, retarded camera which should have action game auto follow mouse instead of me having to hold right mouse button for it, being stuck in stupid ass animations

PvE, it's too ez mode to go ranged and a totally different game if ya go melee. Mobs resetting at silly points etc.

And like I said, I trust that most of this will be fixed, but combat is really something I enjoy the most in mmo's and atm is the biggest issue which I have with the game.

Back to top Go down
Facade
Advisory Board
Advisory Board
Facade

Male

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars 2 status update   Guild Wars 2 status update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 3:18 am

I actually like the talent reset forces pure builds rather than picking the best skill from each sett, Which would lead to everyone having the same builds.(though it does need some tweaking to improve useless skills)

But as for the rest I hope its improved somewhat in the next BWE, Though it will probally be extra laggy since everyone will be purchasing last minute and testing the asura out hehe.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the new Races starting areas. I also hope the Racial elites are working so i can test them out. Seen a few in the youtube clips but they were locked in beta.
Back to top Go down
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars 2 status update   Guild Wars 2 status update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 7:40 pm

BWE3 SERVER CHOICE: Sanctum of Rall
Back to top Go down
Hoolilol
Captain
Captain
Hoolilol

Male
Number of posts : 236
IGN[Game NickName] : Hoolilol
Current Status : Moody
Registration date : 2011-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars 2 status update   Guild Wars 2 status update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 4:12 am

Anyone has a download link for gw2 ?
Back to top Go down
ValKrice
Commander
Commander
ValKrice

Male
Number of posts : 575
IGN[Game NickName] : Krice Valmont
Registration date : 2010-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars 2 status update   Guild Wars 2 status update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 6:33 am

Hoolilol wrote:
Anyone has a download link for gw2 ?

https://account.guildwars2.com/download_game
Back to top Go down
Hoolilol
Captain
Captain
Hoolilol

Male
Number of posts : 236
IGN[Game NickName] : Hoolilol
Current Status : Moody
Registration date : 2011-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars 2 status update   Guild Wars 2 status update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 3:58 pm

So peeps are u online on Sanctum of Rall or u rolled some other server ? Im there name's Nerfme.2680
Back to top Go down
Thania
Captain
Captain
Thania

Female
Number of posts : 207
IGN[Game NickName] : Thania
Registration date : 2008-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars 2 status update   Guild Wars 2 status update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 5:37 pm

I was in but this game is boring for me atm...dunno if I'll play it. I can't even play more than 10 mins before getting bored omg...
Back to top Go down
Facade
Advisory Board
Advisory Board
Facade

Male

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars 2 status update   Guild Wars 2 status update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 6:05 pm

Thania wrote:
I was in but this game is boring for me atm...dunno if I'll play it. I can't even play more than 10 mins before getting bored omg...
you serious?

each to there own i guess. :)
Back to top Go down
Facade
Advisory Board
Advisory Board
Facade

Male

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars 2 status update   Guild Wars 2 status update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 6:07 pm

Hoolilol wrote:
So peeps are u online on Sanctum of Rall or u rolled some other server ? Im there name's Nerfme.2680

Not yet but i will be on in about 30mins. Setting up 2 other computers atm for my wife and son to play on^^
Back to top Go down
Katzyuke
Red Captain
Red Captain
Katzyuke

Male
Number of posts : 462
IGN[Game NickName] : Katzyuke
Current Status : Taking Long Break
Registration date : 2010-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars 2 status update   Guild Wars 2 status update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 7:22 pm

Our guild in this beta is gone.. seem like they did a wipe
Back to top Go down
Facade
Advisory Board
Advisory Board
Facade

Male

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars 2 status update   Guild Wars 2 status update - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 8:21 pm

yeh all characters are gone too, but all the names i had seem to be held/saved since i cant use any of them. And its unlikely someone used the random names i had.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guild Wars 2 status update   Guild Wars 2 status update - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guild Wars 2 status update
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next