Aetherius Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aetherius Network

International multi-gaming guild since 2006.

HomeAetheriusEventsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Come chat with us on Discord! It's where everyone is at now! https://discord.gg/aBSngGf
Check out our Aetherius Network Facebook Page to see upcoming news and/or enter giveaways.
Follow us on Twitter!

How to play as a casual in GW2?

Go down 
+3
Genlog
Snow
AxLR0Se
7 posters
AuthorMessage
AxLR0Se
Commander
Commander
AxLR0Se

Male
Number of posts : 1337
IGN[Game NickName] : AxLR0Se/SpongeBoB
Registration date : 2008-06-30

How to play as a casual in GW2? Empty
PostSubject: How to play as a casual in GW2?   How to play as a casual in GW2? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 5:08 pm

Without sucking, and being cannon fodder aka an easy kill? I would like to try out GW2, but.. I also want to be a tad bit competitive without having to grind pve every day and every day for good gear.
I know you can level through pvp battlegrounds or something like that? But what about leveling through pvp only, and getting decent gear?
Also, What about that pve gear you grind for that is always a lot better than pvp gear? Anyone know if its tradeable? Like Bind on equipt? Aka I could buy gear off guild mates etc

Just want to see if playing an mmorpg with like 10 hrs per week of game play is at all possible. Not like before when it used to be 10hrs per day lol.. Won't say I don't miss the fun in pwning people in mmorpgs, cause it's hella fun and I miss it. But, Don't have the time to grind to be a top dog anymore :/

P.S Thief looks good. Stealth pker? Hell yeah! Ala SpongeBoB lol
Back to top Go down
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male
Number of posts : 6807
IGN[Game NickName] : Snow, Nuts, Nut, Snowball, Splash, Snowy
Current Status : Busy at School
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: How to play as a casual in GW2?   How to play as a casual in GW2? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 5:20 pm

Axl

You can lvl up and gain gear through pvp only, so don't worry
The pvp/pve stats are not as much gained through gear as through skills and traits, so on that side you would still be able to be competitive anyway
High lvl armors are mainly for looks then for stats

The 5v5 arena pvp, your character uses gear given to it, and its auto put to max lvl

The WvWvW is the one you ll want to lvl for, which you will be able to do just by joining WvWvW anytime your online and never have to step into PvE really

The only thing that you ll be lacking due to little time, is progress speed, but overall you ll be able to participate in pretty much anything past lvl 20
Back to top Go down
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/8485/1snowflakecardmadebyneoc
AxLR0Se
Commander
Commander
AxLR0Se

Male
Number of posts : 1337
IGN[Game NickName] : AxLR0Se/SpongeBoB
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: How to play as a casual in GW2?   How to play as a casual in GW2? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 7:55 pm

I read GW2 is going to consoles too... Maybe with the wii u tablet, the controller's screen can have a keyboard... hence making mmorpg's on home consoles a reality.. hmm.. I think I should wait to hear more about the console port. Would rather play on my big hd screen than on this tiny monitor anyways ;)
Back to top Go down
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male

PostSubject: Re: How to play as a casual in GW2?   How to play as a casual in GW2? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 9:17 pm

They already mentioned it
They are thinking about it, and working on it, but it's not going to be in the way of the PC release
AKA no priority

Basically you can expect it 1year later or longer XD
Back to top Go down
Genlog
Captain
Captain
Genlog

Male
Number of posts : 347
IGN[Game NickName] : Genlog Lamora
Current Status : Busy at Work
Registration date : 2011-07-11

PostSubject: Re: How to play as a casual in GW2?   How to play as a casual in GW2? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 11:44 am

hi guys can any tell me the use of the game i read you get max lvl gear and skills in pvp
so what is the use of PVE then ??

a girl that wanne no so if any can anser that i be happy

Last edited by Genlog on Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male

PostSubject: Re: How to play as a casual in GW2?   How to play as a casual in GW2? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 4:04 pm

You do not get max level in PvE

But this game is not centered around leveling up, but around events that happen all over the world

You get max lvl for PvP only with restrictions
Everyone in equal gear and all stats/skills unlocked in Structured pvp

lvl 80 character stats in WvWvW but still your PvE gear on you

PvP is not about leveling
PvE is about enjoying the content and not leveling

If you want to have a better explanation Youtube is the best thing to watch some recent gameplay video's with comments
Back to top Go down
ValKrice
Commander
Commander
ValKrice

Male
Number of posts : 575
IGN[Game NickName] : Krice Valmont
Registration date : 2010-02-23

PostSubject: Re: How to play as a casual in GW2?   How to play as a casual in GW2? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 5:33 pm

I am kinda casual :D.. Damn Fun PVE... No one shouting KSers in till game :D.

Back to top Go down
ReAr
Captain
Captain
ReAr

Male
Number of posts : 338
IGN[Game NickName] : ReAranger
Registration date : 2008-06-27

PostSubject: Re: How to play as a casual in GW2?   How to play as a casual in GW2? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 8:02 pm

How to play as a casual player? i say just play no main goal wander thru the map at your pace skip events at will. the community so far, 1 word great all get message if in area of events, team work is slowly forming already. in the down state? 2+ come to res inside of 2 min. ur in the fight again. watching on u tube reading all you can find does not do this justice as in the aspect of how the game unfolds to you, (as it will be different for every person no its different for every toon rolled.) cut this off semi short, they found a format that is fresh. That makes me get pulled into it, i have to see whats around the next corner. room to improve? heck yes as any thing moving in new aspects it will evolve yet again. simply put this is fun.
Back to top Go down
Katzyuke
Red Captain
Red Captain
Katzyuke

Male
Number of posts : 462
IGN[Game NickName] : Katzyuke
Current Status : Taking Long Break
Registration date : 2010-02-11

PostSubject: Re: How to play as a casual in GW2?   How to play as a casual in GW2? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 9:29 pm

This is a great game axl, I would recommend you get it even if you are a casual player. If you want other to play with you lets say Snow, he can play with you... his level will be dumb down to area but he still get the same exp as he would leveling in his level area..... also you do not need to play much to be competitive since when your in PVP, your instantly lvl 80 and get all skills... you also get armor and weapon as well... which means that PVP is mostly dependence on how well your play your class. point on which you place on your traits... not dependent on gears, lvl, etc since everyone the same... Plus PVE is different for everyone depending on how you answer question when you made your character so yeah so recommend this game.. you can guest in other server to play with friends also you can join guild from any server still have access to your guildmate no matter the server
Back to top Go down
Facade
Advisory Board
Advisory Board
Facade

Male
Number of posts : 1036
IGN[Game NickName] : Facade, Tsunami, Tsunade
Current Status : Normal
Registration date : 2010-02-01

PostSubject: Re: How to play as a casual in GW2?   How to play as a casual in GW2? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 2:28 am

I'm a casual gamer myself these days which is why i have been so looking forward to GW2. I dont have to grind to enjoy it. I can cruise at my speed with my wife and friends and guild at any lvl without worry of getting behind.
Back to top Go down
Genlog
Captain
Captain
Genlog

Male

PostSubject: Re: How to play as a casual in GW2?   How to play as a casual in GW2? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 5:26 am

thx snow for the info your the best like always ^^

Back to top Go down
Genlog
Captain
Captain
Genlog

Male

PostSubject: Re: How to play as a casual in GW2?   How to play as a casual in GW2? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 1:49 am

ok it seems that girl that i gone play GW2 with made a account here xParamore

ok listen up XD
she have a hard time in her RL but she like gaming much
and dont wanne be alone

i help her much and now she gone get a new comp soon and i give her a beter grapic card
just to play GW2 with me

but you all no i work alot and i cant help her that much in GW2 sadly
but ok i told her about you guys

great network nice pll from ea country also told we have a few dutch pll
ok i wanne ask if you wanne suport her plz

maby some nice girls wanne help her to girls can talk beter with orther girls then a man can XD

i hope alot gone play this and not orther games to so that there is always some1 online
i wil hear it soon ^^

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to play as a casual in GW2?   How to play as a casual in GW2? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to play as a casual in GW2?
Page 1 of 1