Aetherius Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aetherius Network

International multi-gaming guild since 2006.

HomeAetheriusEventsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Come chat with us on Discord! It's where everyone is at now! https://discord.gg/aBSngGf
Check out our Aetherius Network Facebook Page to see upcoming news and/or enter giveaways.
Follow us on Twitter!

FFXIV Campaign and Beta Code for ps3 with FFXIII(confirmed)

Go down 
+3
Snipewolf
Forseti
Shu
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male
Number of posts : 10794
IGN[Game NickName] : Ashura/Iori Yagami
Current Status : Busy at Work
Registration date : 2008-03-31

FFXIV Campaign and Beta Code for ps3 with FFXIII(confirmed) Empty
PostSubject: FFXIV Campaign and Beta Code for ps3 with FFXIII(confirmed)   FFXIV Campaign and Beta Code for ps3 with FFXIII(confirmed) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 6:58 am

A rumor has made its way through the tubes that early copies of Final Fantasy XIII, which goes on sale December 17th, may contain "Campaign Codes" related to Final Fantasy XIV. Unfortunately, there are no details as to what the codes may activate. Early speculation leans towards either a slot in the beta, one of the promised "focus groups" or perhaps just some special item.  However, any high hopes should be kept in check until more details emerge.

FFXIV Campaign and Beta Code for ps3 with FFXIII(confirmed) 147511Still, while the purpose is unclear, there is some precedent for such an offer. Along with the recently released 4 Warriors of Light Final Fantasy Gaiden, Square Enix is running a campaign for early buyers.  If one purchases a copy and enters a special code on the Square Enix Members site before November 8th, they are eligible to receive a special Dragon Standee, pictured left.

Being a fan of anything from Square Enix with two or more F's in the title, I picked up this DS cart on release day and entered my code online.  There are a few things I noticed along the way that speak well for this rumor.  First, is the item is used as a display in stores and cannot be obtained in any other way.  We know Square Enix is willing to provide unqiue items beyond what are offered by trading points in their Members Store.  Second, the process entailed filling out a survey in which it was indicated there would be future "early purchase" bonuses. 

We'll have to wait and see if they do in fact adopt the early purchase campaign to Final Fantasy XIII and what prizes they have in store.  Maybe I shouldn't have checked "did not affect my purchasing decision" on that survey...

Tip o' the Taj to FF14-FAN for the info.

Last edited by Ashura on Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Campaign and Beta Code for ps3 with FFXIII(confirmed)   FFXIV Campaign and Beta Code for ps3 with FFXIII(confirmed) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 1:21 pm

Japanese magazine 'Jump' today released a message that Final Fantasy XIII(video game)'s limited package, which is going to be published on December 17th, contains a mysterious key of Final Fantasy XIV. The key is for sale promotion. Players guessed the key may be used in FFXIV to get rare item from FFXIII. However, informant said this is Final Fantasy XIV's beta test key.

Buy Final Fantasy XIII to Get FF XIV Contents Key
final fantasy xiv code

2009/11/06 FF13初回特典にFF14のキャンペーンコードが同封

12月17日発売のファイナルファンタジーXIII の初回特典にFFXIVの「キャンペーンコード」が同封されるとネット上で騒がれている。この「キャンペーンコード」がベータテストへの応募券なのか、限定アイテム引き換え券なのか、1ヶ月無料券なのか、又はデベロップ版ダウンロードコードなのかは不明。ファイナルファンタジーXIIIの12月17日発売は日本のみのため、日本のファンには朗報か。尚、海外のFF13発売は2010年4月中旬予定。

問題の画像

(以下追記記事)
先ほどお伝えした「キャンペーンコード」ですが、FF11のサービス内でも多々使われており、もしそれと同様の物だと仮定するならば、FF11用語辞典によるとこれはイベントや物品販売などで入手した「キャンペーンコード」を使用し、希望のキャラクターでキャンペーン登録を行うことで、ゲーム内でアイテムなどの特典を受け取ることができるサービスである。ベータテストは全地域(全世界)で行うとインタビューで公言されている為、日本のみにベータ応募券を入手できるチャンスがあるとは考えにくい。しかし仮にベータ応募コードだったとすると、スクウエアエニックスにとっては非常に思い切った判断であると言える。続報に期待。

Back to top Go down
Forseti
Raider
Raider
Forseti

Male
Number of posts : 571
IGN[Game NickName] : Forseti, Cadexn
Current Status : Active
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Campaign and Beta Code for ps3 with FFXIII(confirmed)   FFXIV Campaign and Beta Code for ps3 with FFXIII(confirmed) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 8:38 am

oh god oh god oh god
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Campaign and Beta Code for ps3 with FFXIII(confirmed)   FFXIV Campaign and Beta Code for ps3 with FFXIII(confirmed) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 1:32 am

Just to get everyone on the same page:

• Early copies of Final Fantasy XIII will contain a "Campaign Code" for use with Final Fantasy XIV

• This code will allow you to receive a "secret in-game item"

• To activate the code, you must purchase and register a copy of Final Fantasy XIV

Now, Famitsu reports that players should be careful because "this campaign is for Japan only."  This sounds obvious at first, since Final Fantasy XIII is only releasing in Japan in December.  So, why mention it?

Glass half full: Foreign players will be getting a separate campaign in their FFXIII copies?

Glass half empty: People who register their FFXIV outside of Japan won't be able to use this code?

Or maybe both are true.  We'll let you know once we can get some clarification so eager importers don't end up empty handed.

Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Campaign and Beta Code for ps3 with FFXIII(confirmed)   FFXIV Campaign and Beta Code for ps3 with FFXIII(confirmed) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 2:03 am

As we all know now, anxious Final Fantasy XIV fans can finally sign up for a chance to play the first closed beta version on PC.  Meanwhile, in Japan, people were lining up to get their hands on copies of Final Fantasy XIII, which was rumored to contain a chance to enter the upcoming Playstation 3 beta version.

So, how did that turn out?

Discuss this in the ZAM forums.

It's 9:45am on December 17th, and I'm here outside of GEO, one of the largest game store chains in Japan.  I have my pre-order slip all ready to go, and the store should open in about 15 minutes.

FFXIV Campaign and Beta Code for ps3 with FFXIII(confirmed) 152966

The pre-order slip was purchased back when The Four Warriors of Light: Final Fantasy Gaiden came out, which turned out to be a pretty good game.  Hopefully they'll release it overseas within the next year.

FFXIV Campaign and Beta Code for ps3 with FFXIII(confirmed) 152969

As a fair number of people began to show up, the store staff began issuing numbers.  These were for an "at-the-door" reservation system, so you didn't need to use it if you had already pre-ordered.  The tickets were only good at that one particular store, and only until noon that day.

FFXIV Campaign and Beta Code for ps3 with FFXIII(confirmed) 152970

One pleasant surprise was that the game turned out to be "only" 7,770 yen instead of the widely reported 9,240 yen.  Price didn't seem to phase many of the other patrons though, since I saw a lot of Special Edition Lightning PS3s being happily snapped up.  Stacks of strategy guides were readily available at the counter as well, but did not prove to be as popular.  

Guides these days are somewhat irritating though.  The ones that are sold close to the game's release are only "starter guides" and contain basic information about the game and a walk-through that stops around halfway.  Most of the game's secrets are still left secret.  You have to wait a couple weeks to a month to see the real guides start to hit the shelves.  Usually, it's best just to search for a wiki if you get stuck.

Anyway, back on track.  We have Final Fantasy XIII in hand, so let's see what the deal is with this Campaign Code.

On a side note, I can't stand that plastic wrap stuff.  You always have to keep picking and picking at that little part at the top trying to get your fingernail under there.  And then when you manage to pull the plastic up, you only get a tiny little piece off, and that just makes it harder.  People always tell me to open from the bottom, like that will do any good.

Well, whatever.  I'm going to get my Campaign Code one way or another.

OK, so now we're inside the box, and we have the game disc, manual, Square Enix point card... hopefully the Campaign Code slip is in here somewhere.

Found it!  It states that public service will start in 2010, and to visit http://jp.finalfantasyxiv.com for the newest information.

The back is just like we previously saw in the leaked picture.  In addition to unlocking a "secret item" in Final Fantasy XIV, the Campaign Code is also used to enter a lottery for spaces in the Playstation 3 version of the beta.  You need the Campaign Code for both of these purposes, so even after signing up, you will want to put this in a safe place.

The beta sign-up itself was fairly similar to the US version, with a few differences.  In the Japanese one, there is a choice between PC or PS3 beta, with the latter requiring the code.  One thing that would have been nice was a confirmation that you entered your code correctly -- it seems to just send along whatever you type in regardless of whether you screw up.

Like the US version, the Japanese beta form also asks if you work in the gaming industry of have any fan sites.  Hopefully this will not work against an applicant since the rules state you cannot reveal any information gleaned about the development of Final Fantasy XIV when playing the beta.

There have been a several skeptics recently, myself included, that were wondering what Square Enix had planned for the beta, thinking they might be overlooking their foreign audience.  Well, I have to say I am pleasantly surprised with how they have handled the initiation of their first closed beta so far.  

For the time being though, it seems that Japanese players and foreign players will be somewhat segregated, although it may just be too early in development to dump everyone into the same Eorzea all at once.  Not to mention, gaming systems like Playstation 3 are far more popular than PCs, so a PC-only beta in Japan would not make as much sense.

Anyway, it's great to see the fans happy again.  We had a bit of the drought regarding Final Fantasy XIV info, but Square Enix has brought an early Christmas present to players around the world.  Now that I'm all signed up, I might as well pop in Final Fantasy XIII and check it out.

See you in Eorzea!

Back to top Go down
Snipewolf
Slave
Slave
Snipewolf

Male
Number of posts : 128
IGN[Game NickName] : Snipewolf
Registration date : 2009-08-03

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Campaign and Beta Code for ps3 with FFXIII(confirmed)   FFXIV Campaign and Beta Code for ps3 with FFXIII(confirmed) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 10:30 am

Hmmm, maybe I should have bought the R2 version of FFXIII. Though no biggie, enjoying my FFXIII now while waiting for aika or ffXIV.
Back to top Go down
Dias
Commander
Commander
Dias

Male
Number of posts : 1396
IGN[Game NickName] : Dias Trakand
Current Status : Happy
Registration date : 2008-04-05

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Campaign and Beta Code for ps3 with FFXIII(confirmed)   FFXIV Campaign and Beta Code for ps3 with FFXIII(confirmed) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 12:51 pm

Haha, hope we get that in the english version of FFXIII , cause I'm buying it :D
Back to top Go down
Snipewolf
Slave
Slave
Snipewolf

Male
Number of posts : 128
IGN[Game NickName] : Snipewolf
Registration date : 2009-08-03

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Campaign and Beta Code for ps3 with FFXIII(confirmed)   FFXIV Campaign and Beta Code for ps3 with FFXIII(confirmed) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 1:04 pm

I probably play through this in a week or something and sell it off 2nd hand. But so far I feel White knight chronicles slighly better. FFXIII kinda abit too linear for first 3 chapters.
Back to top Go down
Yutori
Trooper
Trooper
Yutori

Female
Number of posts : 13
IGN[Game NickName] : Shiki
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Campaign and Beta Code for ps3 with FFXIII(confirmed)   FFXIV Campaign and Beta Code for ps3 with FFXIII(confirmed) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 11:21 am

Beta code for PS3 only.
Only valid if you register for the Japanese version.
The part where you select Japanese / NA / EU others.

If you sign for Japanese, n you select Ps3, it will ask you for code.

Don't think where you register from matters.. so long you got the japanese game version , japanese account, the code will work.
Back to top Go down
-Phobia
Red Captain
Red Captain
-Phobia

Male
Number of posts : 588
IGN[Game NickName] : Phoby
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Campaign and Beta Code for ps3 with FFXIII(confirmed)   FFXIV Campaign and Beta Code for ps3 with FFXIII(confirmed) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 11:59 am

He.....he.....broke-ed the game FFXIV Campaign and Beta Code for ps3 with FFXIII(confirmed) 440757

I hate waiting for the good games...I need to learn Japanese FFXIV Campaign and Beta Code for ps3 with FFXIII(confirmed) 150536
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Campaign and Beta Code for ps3 with FFXIII(confirmed)   FFXIV Campaign and Beta Code for ps3 with FFXIII(confirmed) Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 12:31 pm

Yutori wrote:
Beta code for PS3 only.
Only valid if you register for the Japanese version.
The part where you select Japanese / NA / EU others.

If you sign for Japanese, n you select Ps3, it will ask you for code.

Don't
think where you register from matters.. so long you got the japanese
game version , japanese account, the code will work.

it also say its not 100% u will get in ps3 beta right away even with
the code i think.it just says ps3 beta will need the code to even apply
in the first place.so u might still join beta later if u are not pick
for the first few wave of approved beta testers
Back to top Go down
Neoyoshi
Grandpa
Grandpa
Neoyoshi

Male
Number of posts : 1711
IGN[Game NickName] : Neoyoshi
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Campaign and Beta Code for ps3 with FFXIII(confirmed)   FFXIV Campaign and Beta Code for ps3 with FFXIII(confirmed) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 9:22 am

Haha, that's ZAM for ya...it's like tearing apart the cereal box to get your hands on your secret decoder ring! FFXIV Campaign and Beta Code for ps3 with FFXIII(confirmed) 805992
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Campaign and Beta Code for ps3 with FFXIII(confirmed)   FFXIV Campaign and Beta Code for ps3 with FFXIII(confirmed) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 9:31 pm

Snipewolf wrote:
I probably play through this in a week or something and sell it off 2nd hand. But so far I feel White knight chronicles slighly better. FFXIII kinda abit too linear for first 3 chapters.

i saw white knight chronicles on youtube,seem to be a bit like ff combat style also.pretty nice.really hoping now they can bring over those kinds of combat system and graphics from ffxiii and white knight to mmorpg into ffxiv next year ^^

btw the weapon systems from ffxiv now reminds me of the older mmorpg romancing saga which is also from square.i have fun playing that last time lolz
Back to top Go down
Neoyoshi
Grandpa
Grandpa
Neoyoshi

Male
Number of posts : 1711
IGN[Game NickName] : Neoyoshi
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Campaign and Beta Code for ps3 with FFXIII(confirmed)   FFXIV Campaign and Beta Code for ps3 with FFXIII(confirmed) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 10:32 am

I'm not going to even bother entering in for the PC beta test, mostly because i know i wouldn't be qualified for it, and secondly because i plan to be playing this on PS3.

But i DO hope they introduce a way for North American players to get some sort of special edition code that awards in-game items once the game lunches.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Campaign and Beta Code for ps3 with FFXIII(confirmed)   FFXIV Campaign and Beta Code for ps3 with FFXIII(confirmed) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FFXIV Campaign and Beta Code for ps3 with FFXIII(confirmed)
Page 1 of 1