Aetherius Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aetherius Network

International multi-gaming guild since 2006.

HomeAetheriusEventsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Come chat with us on Discord! It's where everyone is at now! https://discord.gg/aBSngGf
Check out our Aetherius Network Facebook Page to see upcoming news and/or enter giveaways.
Follow us on Twitter!

Star Wars the Old Republic(2011 Spring Release)

Go down 
+7
Evocator
Anemone
Snow
ash
Dias
Shu
Noiselessrope
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Noiselessrope
Trooper
Trooper
Noiselessrope

Male
Number of posts : 25
IGN[Game NickName] : Conall
Current Status : Active
Registration date : 2009-01-26

Star Wars the Old Republic(2011 Spring Release) Empty
PostSubject: Star Wars the Old Republic(2011 Spring Release)   Star Wars the Old Republic(2011 Spring Release) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 11:30 pm

Star Wars: The Old Republic
Site: http://www.swtor.com/

Basically in this game it is like all other Bioware games....you make decisions and it affects your game play either be good or bad and have some characters act like your conscience. Looks pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male
Number of posts : 10794
IGN[Game NickName] : Ashura/Iori Yagami
Current Status : Busy at Work
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Star Wars the Old Republic   Star Wars the Old Republic(2011 Spring Release) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 10:31 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhhW35pPoZ8

http://www.swtor.com/

ok i watched the trailer and i saw the many company co-creating this mmo and i think i will like to test this when it come out :)

LUCASARTS AND BIOWARE
REVEAL STAR WARS: THE OLD REPUBLIC

OCTOBER 21, SAN FRANCISCO – LucasArts and BioWare™️, a division of Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS), today announced the development of Star Wars®️: The Old Republic™️, a story-driven massively multiplayer online PC game set in the timeframe of the Star Wars®️: Knights of the Old Republic™️ franchise. Star Wars: The Old Republic, being developed and published by BioWare and LucasArts, represents an innovative approach to interactive entertainment, featuring immersive storytelling, dynamic combat and intelligent companion characters.

In Star Wars: The Old Republic, players will explore an age thousands of years before the rise of Darth Vader when war between the Old Republic and the Sith Empire divides the galaxy. Players can choose to play as Jedi, Sith, or a variety of other classic Star Wars roles, defining their personal story and determining their path down the light or dark side of the Force. Along the way, players will befriend courageous companions who will fight at their side or possibly betray them, based on the players’ actions. Players can also choose to team up with friends to battle enemies and overcome incredible challenges using dynamic Star Wars combat.

"Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic is the most critically acclaimed Star Wars game in LucasArts history and a preeminent example of our company’s interactive storytelling heritage," said Darrell Rodriguez, President of LucasArts. "For a long time, we’ve long wanted to return to the franchise in a grand way, and we felt that the best setting for it was an online world that would allow millions of people to participate in the experience together. We knew that the developer capable of working with us to deliver an engrossing story with a fully-realized online world was BioWare."

"Traditionally, massively multiplayer online games have been about three basic gameplay pillars - combat, exploration and character progression," said Dr. Ray Muzyka, Co-Founder and General Manager/CEO of BioWare and General Manager/Vice President of Electronic Arts Inc., "In Star Wars: The Old Republic, we’re fusing BioWare’s heritage of critically-acclaimed storytelling with the amazing pedigree of Lucasfilm and LucasArts, and adding a brand-new fourth pillar to the equation – story. At the same time, we will still deliver all the fun features and activities that fans have come to expect in a AAA massively multiplayer online game. To top it all off, Star Wars: The Old Republic is set in a very exciting, dynamic period in the Star Wars universe."

Added Dr. Greg Zeschuk, Co-Founder and Vice President Development Operations, BioWare and Vice President, Electronic Arts Inc., "Star Wars: The Old Republic is set roughly 300 years after the events of Knights of the Old Republic, a timeframe that is completely unexplored in the lore. BioWare has been able to add to the Star Wars history in developing the game’s story and has created an overarching narrative that players can enjoy, regardless of their play style. Our goal is to offer players an emotionally rewarding experience that combines the traditional elements of MMO gameplay with innovations in story and character development."

Additional details on Star Wars: The Old Republic features, gameplay and release date will be announced at a later time. For more information about Star Wars: The Old Republic and to sign up for future product updates, please visit www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com.
Back to top Go down
Dias
Commander
Commander
Dias

Male
Number of posts : 1396
IGN[Game NickName] : Dias Trakand
Current Status : Happy
Registration date : 2008-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars the Old Republic(2011 Spring Release)   Star Wars the Old Republic(2011 Spring Release) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 7:19 am

Yup , Im a big fan of the KOTOR series and BIOWARE , I registered on this game's site the day they put it up . I have big expectations for this. It promises alot , and so far BIOWARE has no bad , not even mediocore games. Just masterpieces. It's their first MMO and I'm sure they are putting alot of effort into it :)
Back to top Go down
ash
Commander
Commander
ash

Male
Number of posts : 710
IGN[Game NickName] : Ordain,Arthorius,Vaandrin
Registration date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars the Old Republic(2011 Spring Release)   Star Wars the Old Republic(2011 Spring Release) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 9:25 am

hehe always up for starwars lol bioware makes awsome stuff
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars the Old Republic(2011 Spring Release)   Star Wars the Old Republic(2011 Spring Release) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 10:00 am

loved the star wars series 4 PC ... hope this mmo will be fun to play :)
Back to top Go down
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male
Number of posts : 6807
IGN[Game NickName] : Snow, Nuts, Nut, Snowball, Splash, Snowy
Current Status : Busy at School
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars the Old Republic(2011 Spring Release)   Star Wars the Old Republic(2011 Spring Release) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 2:58 pm

Watched the E3 stuff about it, it looks really good.

It's 100% voiced which is quite amazing, every char, and every line of text gonna be voiced.
Back to top Go down
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/8485/1snowflakecardmadebyneoc
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars the Old Republic(2011 Spring Release)   Star Wars the Old Republic(2011 Spring Release) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 3:14 pm

yeah but now with FFXVI coming i not so keen on TOR unless i test it first and like it heh.

problem with starwar is they have ultimate class and most players will play that class.making other classes kind of pointless.i dont really want a star war mmo with only jedi hehe.

i wonder how bioware will handle this issue
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars the Old Republic(2011 Spring Release)   Star Wars the Old Republic(2011 Spring Release) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 4:50 pm

jedi are cool nosebleed ... who mneeds a nerd with a gun in his hand when u can have a kick ass jedi with a light sword in ur hand ... muhahahha
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars the Old Republic(2011 Spring Release)   Star Wars the Old Republic(2011 Spring Release) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 4:54 pm

I am the hated jedi thumbs up
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars the Old Republic(2011 Spring Release)   Star Wars the Old Republic(2011 Spring Release) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 11:12 pm

BioWare has frequently mentioned that, with Star Wars: The Old Republic, they're not just making Knights of the Old Republic 3, they're making 3, 4, 5, 6, etc. During our gameplay demo at E3 last week we got a taste of that metaphorical content pie and boy did it taste good! Obviously there is a major difference between a great demo at a convention and a solid game; however, if BioWare can continue with the progress they've already made, there is no doubt in my mind that the game will be a success. Maybe even a success comparable to World of Warcraft.

<speculation>

Our demo started with a viewing of the now famous geekgasm of a trailer which was so significant, it undoubtedly interrupted Mr. Lucas' money counting. After the demo, our host, Dallas Dickinson, gave us a look at the Bounty Hunter and the recently announced Smuggler class. It's important to note that the Smuggler is going to be amazingly fun to play. I'm sure there is some naiveté in that statement, but hear me out. BioWare has created a "cover system" in which the Smuggler can see around walls, behind trees and other objects. To clarify, I'm talking about a cover system like within Gears of War. I can't speak to whether or not it has that much depth, but it will definitely be a key part of playing a Smuggler.

Star Wars the Old Republic(2011 Spring Release) B27411c7fe2b4e797d2d2d61f8da627b

The meat and potatoes portion of our demo was called a "flashpoint", which is essentially a customized story event that can be both instanced and un-instanced forms of gameplay. In the particular scenario we were shown, a Sith and his Bounty Hunter friend were aboard an Imperial ship. We were notified that the Captain of the ship had been ordered to track down and apprehend a nearby Jedi, but he had refused said order. Our mission was to deal with the traitor and track down the Jedi.

We battled our way through Imperial Soldiers in order to get to the bridge, at which point we were faced with something Knights of the Old Republic fans will be familiar with: Dialogue, followed by a choice. That's right. I'm talking real, professional voice over dialogue that made me want to wet myself slightly. I digress…

Our choices were simple, either kill the traitor Captain, or spare his life. Our Guide, Dallas Dickinson, let us decide and informed us that whatever we decided would have a permanent impact on our character, and it would change the rest of the "flashpoint".

The obvious choice for me was to kill that dirty traitor. I mean, this is an MMO … right? That brings me to a reminder.  Every choice that you make in Star Wars: The Old Republic will have a lasting effect on your character and the world around you. There is no save button. You'll gain loyalty (faction) and you'll see a familiar Dark/Light meter that existed in KOTOR. After shouting "Off with his head!" we took command of the ship and began to discuss how we would track down the Jedi. That is … until the counter-offensive began.

At this point we were again asked to make a choice.  We decided to leave our newly promoted Captain in charge of things on the deck and head out to fight the soon to be boarding invaders.

One of the coolest parts of combat that we saw was how smoothly different classes complimented each other. In this example, our guide, playing the Sith character, was putting our enemies in an elevated force choke as the Bounty Hunter planned a strategic rocket that propelled our already air born combatant into a wall. The potential for popular combos that will promote teamwork was evident and will probably be a key aspect of competitive play.

Star Wars the Old Republic(2011 Spring Release) 6f73979368c0c5fc881ce728c4aa0273

After fighting countless enemies, we came to the big finish at long last. The very Jedi that we were looking for had come to us. Our fight with the Jedi was exciting and full of action. He had many unique abilities that kept us on our toes. In the end, however, he was no match for a Sith and a Bounty Hunter duo. After the defeat we looted his corpse for any treasure and to everyone's delight, we found an additional light saber. Since we were now duel wielding lightsabers and had completed our primary objective, it was clear that our Captain killing tour was now at an end.

Our Director of Content, Ryan Bohmann, had the opportunity to sit in on a demonstration in which the Captain was saved. However, the rest of the mission was nearly identical. After he read my article, he mentioned that the biggest difference was likely the cut scene. That said, all and all our first look at Star Wars: The Old Republic was an amazing experience that had me captivated from the beginning. Of all the games we saw at E3 this year, Star Wars: The Old Republic was definitely the most exciting.

====================================================

it seems to me they using the same system as shin megami(smt) in term of Acts = FlashPoints
what u decide will change the main story for u and decide if u going law chaos or neutral which will in turn affect ur skills and gears and npc reaction and quests available heh
Back to top Go down
ash
Commander
Commander
ash

Male
Number of posts : 710
IGN[Game NickName] : Ordain,Arthorius,Vaandrin
Registration date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars the Old Republic(2011 Spring Release)   Star Wars the Old Republic(2011 Spring Release) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 12:21 am

cool guess they are tryin to make the classes more even than an ubercool superclass....still only time will tell...and O.o flashpoints lol
Back to top Go down
Anemone
Captain
Captain

Male
Number of posts : 127
IGN[Game NickName] : Amnon
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars the Old Republic(2011 Spring Release)   Star Wars the Old Republic(2011 Spring Release) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 8:28 am

It does not have any superclass, each class excells at some stuff while they suck at other stuff same goes for jedi's/siths.

While jedi's/siths get force power the other classes get other skills.

as an example a jedi deflecting blaster fire will be pretty much stuck in a stance (much like parry mode in other bio games) giving them a disadvantage.

They wan't chars to be balanced and fun to play, even if you are a support char your supposed to be able to solo entire game.
Back to top Go down
Evocator
Raider
Raider
Evocator

Male
Number of posts : 806
Current Status : unknown
Registration date : 2008-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars the Old Republic(2011 Spring Release)   Star Wars the Old Republic(2011 Spring Release) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 10:20 am

Hm...can i get to play as Jedi Master Yoda's race/class? luv
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars the Old Republic(2011 Spring Release)   Star Wars the Old Republic(2011 Spring Release) Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 11:09 pm

like i say earlier in another thread.a lot of mmo is bracing for oversupply of good mmo next year.even swtor is trying to get advanced payment and booking first.

i guess first aion this year and next year final fantasy have made other mmo company a bit panic hehe

anyway i will not be playing this game next year.so if anyone want the codes for 25% off digital download u can pm me and i will pass the code

=========================================

As a thank-you for registering at StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com and signing up for our newsletter, we want to offer you 25% off Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic PC digital download!
Prepare for Star Wars™️: The Old Republic™️ by playing KOTOR, a role-playing game developed and published by BioWare and LucasArts, which takes place 300 years before the events in The Old Republic. Can you master the awesome power of the Force on your quest to save the Republic? Or will you fall to the lure of the dark side? Hero or villain, savior or conqueror... in Knights of the Old Republic, you alone will determine the destiny of the entire galaxy!
Redeem your 25% off Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic coupon now by visiting the Direct2Drive.com page and entering your unique code listed below.
Back to top Go down
Thania
Captain
Captain
Thania

Female
Number of posts : 207
IGN[Game NickName] : Thania
Registration date : 2008-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars the Old Republic(2011 Spring Release)   Star Wars the Old Republic(2011 Spring Release) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 10:27 am

I'll be playing Swtor for sure with some IRL friends when it comes out, we already made up our guild for it ! But I always buy a real copy of the game, feel safer for me :P I'll be a Sith for suree rawrrr
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars the Old Republic(2011 Spring Release)   Star Wars the Old Republic(2011 Spring Release) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 10:32 am

err this is the mmo.u need the real copy to play it anyway lolz

^^
Back to top Go down
Dias
Commander
Commander
Dias

Male
Number of posts : 1396
IGN[Game NickName] : Dias Trakand
Current Status : Happy
Registration date : 2008-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars the Old Republic(2011 Spring Release)   Star Wars the Old Republic(2011 Spring Release) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 10:49 am

I think she ment a real copy , like getting the box itself , not a digital download ^^
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars the Old Republic(2011 Spring Release)   Star Wars the Old Republic(2011 Spring Release) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 11:26 am

icic :) mybad hehe
Back to top Go down
Yutori
Trooper
Trooper
Yutori

Female
Number of posts : 13
IGN[Game NickName] : Shiki
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars the Old Republic(2011 Spring Release)   Star Wars the Old Republic(2011 Spring Release) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 11:43 am

If they retain the sandbox elements of the original SWG then it might be worth playing.

pm me if you do play shu :)
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars the Old Republic(2011 Spring Release)   Star Wars the Old Republic(2011 Spring Release) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 12:00 pm

Yutori wrote:
If they retain the sandbox elements of the original SWG then it might be worth playing.

pm me if you do play shu :)

k ^^

i wont buy it right away though.not sure how they turning this mmo into compare to old version that people liked last time.if they have a open beta i will test it and see how.

will pm u if have news hehe
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars the Old Republic(2011 Spring Release)   Star Wars the Old Republic(2011 Spring Release) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 2:42 pm

Last month, LucasArts and Bioware showed off the final two classes to be added to Star Wars: The Old Republic during a demonstration in San Francisco. There, we had the chance to get hands-on with the Sith Inquisitor, take a good long look at the Jedi Consular and talk to the team that put them together.

"[We wanted to] make sure we fulfill the fantasy first," they told us during a presentation on a massive movie screen inside the LucasArts compound. Many MMOs take the basic RPG roles that a game needs and designs classes that fit those roles. With Star Wars, the team felt it important to deliver that authentic Star Wars experience first. While they made sure everyone has a role to play, they didn't want to be trapped by MMO archetypes and miss something Star Wars fans really wanted.

Star Wars the Old Republic(2011 Spring Release) AdArrow advertisement Star Wars the Old Republic(2011 Spring Release) AdArrow

The Jedi Consular is Yoda to the Jedi Knight's Luke, or as Associate Producer Tim Tiemmerman put it, "the ying to the Jedi Knight's yang."

Where a Knight dives in, lightsaber whirring, the Consular seems to use his mostly to swat away stray fire. That's not to say he cannot cut them down, but he is far more focused on using the Force to control the battlefield and dominate his enemies.

"[The Jedi Consular uses] telekinetic Force powers to take down the enemy," we were told as we watched him grasp and slam enemies into the ground with invisible force powers, or grasp on and pull them in close for the kill.

When in a group, the Jedi Consular focuses predominantly on crowd control and managing the battle. While other classes can be a bit more hectic, the Jedi Consular is "the thinking man's Jedi," explained Temmerman. You're the archetypal general supervising everyone else, coolly surveying the battlefield and reading the situation before dropping some poor bastard on his head for getting too close.

Star Wars the Old Republic(2011 Spring Release) 3794_13_t

The Sith Inquisitor is inspired by Emperor Palpatine, exploring the "mystical" side of the Dark Side of the Force by shooting lightning out of your hands and tapping into a deeper understanding of what the Dark Side is all about. If this were a fantasy game, he'd be one part Wizard, one part light-fighter. The class has elements of both. He can stand back and fire off DPS, but he can also hurt you in close.

Our characters (myself and MMORPG.com contributor Shannon P. Drake took in the event) were exploring an old Sith temple looking for artifacts, so ruins and sand were in abundance, and naturally people were trying to stop us. Our young Sith were pretty low level and had only a few skills to choose from, but recognizable MMO skills were there, from short range AoEs to classic crowd control spells, with a Star Wars flavor. I easily developed a routine of running into a room, firing off the AOE knockdown, and using my other skills as need dictated.

Combat was fast-paced and felt like Star Wars - lots of humming lightsabers, chirping blasters, and crackling force lightning - but it was far too early to judge in any depth. It was recognizable MMO combat, however, it was just a matter of figuring out what my "stun" "knockdown" and "crowd control" were and learning how to apply them.

It goes without saying that the game is still at a very early stage, and the level we saw was rough around the edges. Developers frequently had to nudge us back on the right track because it was easy to get lost, and monsters would respawn behind and beside you, complicating your progress through the level. The AI was similarly rough, seeming restricted to "Someone is shooting me? I should shoot them back!" That will (hopefully) change before launch.

The interface was similarly recognizable, a hotbar at the bottom of your screen with spells and skills, fired off as necessary to kill the monster. The demonstration was too short to form a detailed opinion, but it seemed to do what you wanted without getting in the way and learning to play was easy, just a matter of figuring out what button to push when.

What I can say with confidence though is that they've gone a long way to capture the mood and feel of Star Wars. The spells looked and felt powerful, the animations are as good as any game out there (single-player and MMO). Just seeing a character flick away lasers with the lightsaber as he ran toward an enemy was satisfying.

Star Wars the Old Republic(2011 Spring Release) 3794_9_t

The dialogue though struck me as a bit odd. I'm used to the old Bioware standard of having a silent character that the world bounces off of. In Dragon Age, for example, your character never actually talks. It's kind of silly, in a way, but it's the standard Bioware themselves set for RPGs. To be fair though, this dialogue system is far more like Mass Effect, which didn't have silent protagonists.

In Old Republic, your character is fully voice acted. It was well done, the acting was serviceable, and maybe this is only because I was using a pre-fabricated character and not one of my own creation, but it only served to remind me that I was playing a game and was not a part of the experience. In an RPG, I want to sink into my character fully, and when he has his own voice and acting, it felt like I was watching a movie starring someone else. That complaint though could well just be a personal quirk. I am sure others will love the fully voice acted PCs.

The dialogue trees themselves were also done much like Mass Effect. The NPC speaks, and you select from a wheel of dialogue options that more or less summarize what your guy is about to say. That said, those summaries might need some buffing. Avatars say the darndest things. Occasionally, I'd pick what I thought was a nice response and he'd spout off something I never would have chosen. The dialogue options fit the usual range, from, "Of course I will do what you say as I comply with every request an NPC makes of me because I am a boot licking lackey that loves EXP" to "My, my, my I am a lippy and saucy lad." But I digress, it's still early in development.

Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars the Old Republic(2011 Spring Release)   Star Wars the Old Republic(2011 Spring Release) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 2:42 pm

While the demonstration and hands on time were still very rough, I wouldn't worry too much given the amount of time left in development. MMOs tend to come together over the last few months. There is a long way to go and the theme of their demonstration was "theme" itself. So, if the question is, "Does this game feel and look like Star Wars?" the answer is an emphatic "Yes!" If the main Star Wars Galaxies complaint was "I wanted to be Luke or Han running around killing bad guys, not Uncle Owen farming moisture," they seem to have taken it to heart and all the classes we've seen seem to map to recognizable figures from the movies.

Drilling down, they also for the first time let us peek under the hood at some of the mechanics they have planned.

While each class can roughly be traced to an iconic Star Wars personality, that doesn't mean each will be a carbon copy of the next. As an example, they used the Smuggler. Each class has a variety of skills it can focus on and the choices you make can have a large impact and tailor that class to your play style. For example, a Smuggler can be more of a long distance gunner all the way down to a stealth and, to an extent, healing class. It depends on the choices you make as you progress.

Companions are another very Bioware wrinkle to the game. They made a big point of how they wanted iconic classes, even if that was at the expense of the traditional RPG archetypes. As much of the game will be about the player's personal story, there was a need to balance out these classes. Companions do just that.

They're exactly what the name implies: full blown NPC side-kicks who travel with you on your adventures through the world. Each class has their own that join and help them with the story and allows the player to play the way they want while the Companion does what is necessary to keep things going. They showed us Xalek, a melee character like Darth Maul, who can dive in and keep the enemies busy hand-to-hand while your Inquisitor sits back and deals damage.

The inclusion of single-player RPG style companions though is sure to worry some fans who are worried about the MMO part of this game. Not only is your character off on his own story arc, but now he has NPCs to fill the role of group members? So we asked.

Temmerman told us that while each of the eight classes has its own unique, solo story-line that takes them all around the world, they've gone to a fair amount of trouble to make sure it doesn't just feel like an RPG. That content is instanced, but it is laced throughout the common game world.

Each class has its own personal arc, and that arc takes them from planet to planet, but each planet also has its own arc, and that one is aimed at groups of players. To fully experience the game and all of its content, players will want to break off as they travel through new areas to work with friends and complete some of that content.

Effectively, The Old Republic is eight RPGs woven together so that when the stories take players through towns, they're in MMO environments. It forces people to go out in the world and see other people. Sure, they can plow through the single-player arcs, but they'd miss half the game.

They can also bring friends along for their story missions. The actual mechanics were not yet available, but they are aware that people don't necessarily want to play alone and as such will have full scaling.

"We will make sure there is always a challenge," was about as far as Temmerman would explain it.

He was also tight lipped about the other traditional MMO content, save to say that they do intend to have crafting, raids, and all of the regular MMO hallmarks. This last year has been focused on atmosphere, the classes and the story. This is their differentiator. They assure is the traditional elements are there, and we take them at their word so far, but so far it seems the focus has been on what is different. Once they finish with that, expect to see the online aspects rolled out.

Star Wars: The Old Republic has a long way to go and the team is obviously aware of it. Their goal was to show off the classes and theme. It looks and feels like Star Wars and that's all anyone can hope for so long before launch. Over the coming months they have a lot of work to do to make sure it reaches its potential.

Last edited by Ashura on Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars the Old Republic(2011 Spring Release)   Star Wars the Old Republic(2011 Spring Release) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 2:45 pm

they starting to add more interesting stuff now to swtor so its much more interesting now.depends now how they will set the quests and how big is the world gonna be and the combat gameplay etc.

but i doubt it will be out early.most likely end of 2010 or 2011
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars the Old Republic(2011 Spring Release)   Star Wars the Old Republic(2011 Spring Release) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 8:45 am

STAR WARS: The Old Republic developers share their philosophy on designing the Sith classes; Inquisitor and Warrior via the video, Designing the Dark Side. Development team lifted the veil of the evil side and talked about the art style and martial-arts design of the two Sith classes. We can smell some new features of the upcoming game though they did't mention out there. Let's watch the trailer first and I will catch the new features for you subsequently.

" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">www.swtor.com/sites/all/themes/swtor/en/assets/mediaPlayerInterior.swf">" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">www.swtor.com//sites/all/files/en/vc/devdispatch05.flv&fullscreen_source=/&comment_url=/media/trailers/developer-dispatch-5#comments&lang=EN&age_gate=0">www.swtor.com/sites/all/themes/swtor/en/assets/mediaPlayerInterior.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" flashvars="title=undefined&description=undefined&source=http://cdn-www.swtor.com//sites/all/files/en/vc/devdispatch05.flv&fullscreen_source=/&comment_url=/media/trailers/developer-dispatch-5#comments&lang=EN&age_gate=0" height="330" width="580">
Star Wars: the Old Republic: Designing the Dark Side

New Features

1. Defensive Skill

Star Wars: the Old Republic
The Sith Warrior can parry the melee attack with his lightsword.

Sith Inquisitor nullifies the attack from enemies.

2. Game UI Unveiled

There are two avators at the coboundary of the quick bar. This means your adventure will be with a NPC teammate. Furthermore you can add an extra quick bar if you need.

You can add extra quick bars.

Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars the Old Republic(2011 Spring Release)   Star Wars the Old Republic(2011 Spring Release) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 12:45 pm

Community Manager Sean Dahlberg just confirmed on the Star Wars: The Old Republic forums that BioWare is targeting a spring 2011 release for the game. The announcement comes after Electronic Arts CEO John Riccitiello stated during a conference call yesterday that the company's "major MMO" is scheduled to launch in spring 2011.

"We’ve got a lot of exciting updates and reveals planned throughout 2010, including the first-ever hands-on testing for the game. It’s not too late to sign up to be a game tester, so go to www.swtor.com/tester and sign up today," Dahlberg said. Have you signed up to be a tester? What are your thoughts on the release date?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars the Old Republic(2011 Spring Release)   Star Wars the Old Republic(2011 Spring Release) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Star Wars the Old Republic(2011 Spring Release)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next