Aetherius Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aetherius Network

International multi-gaming guild since 2006.

HomeAetheriusEventsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Come chat with us on Discord! It's where everyone is at now! https://discord.gg/aBSngGf
Check out our Aetherius Network Facebook Page to see upcoming news and/or enter giveaways.
Follow us on Twitter!

Continent of the Ninth

Go down 
+28
Hidden_Lotus
Genlog
Ryuyoko
sevensins
Cyruson
maxgags
arakay
Airy
Regalis
xiaogou
Supamoe
DiamondWolf
Hobby
atreides6874
Sakuragi
h1ro
Thania
DisrocteD
Absinthe
LordOfSkulls
Shu
Evocator
Dias
Crovaxx
Buffie
AxLR0Se
Chaofun
Snow
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Supamoe
Leaders Council
Leaders Council
Supamoe

Male
Number of posts : 872
IGN[Game NickName] : Supamoe
Current Status : Normal
Registration date : 2008-06-13

Continent of the Ninth - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Continent of the Ninth   Continent of the Ninth - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 8:20 pm

Now its harder than ever to create one , damn gooks are asking for SMS confirmation and KSSN confirmation too :S , its basically near impossible unless you have a korean friend who would help you in korea.
Back to top Go down
maxgags
Captain
Captain
maxgags

Male
Number of posts : 137
IGN[Game NickName] : Eberete
Current Status : Busy at School
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Continent of the Ninth   Continent of the Ninth - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 6:29 am

so, any idea when this game is gonna be released in english?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Continent of the Ninth   Continent of the Ninth - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 7:39 am

so far i dig things out hair flip

Webzen gone have C9 and R2 in there line up for F2P mmorpg and 1 shooter but i am not intrest in that xD

for more info go to there site ^^

http://www.webzen.com/

so webzen have a great ace card in there hands now cant w8 what it wil do VS nexon with there vindictus xD

Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male
Number of posts : 10794
IGN[Game NickName] : Ashura/Iori Yagami
Current Status : Busy at Work
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Continent of the Ninth   Continent of the Ninth - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 11:29 pm

With the hot South Korean online ARPG C9 to update the first half of the content related to the 5th Continent next month, five developers in charge of C9 including Lyu Zong Ji, Kim Nan Seok, Kim Jung Hyung, Kim Cheong Huan, Lin Tae Jun recently met together to discuss the future plans of C9.

The five developers analyzed C9's current situation and problems, and resolved to make C9 to players' taste and further explore the world of traditional ARPGs.

The five developers voiced their opinions and feelings respectively.

Lyu Zong Ji who made the first speech expressed his thanks for players' enthusiasm in C9, and promised that Webzen would improve the game based on the practical advice presented by players on the forum. He said that all the accepted advice would be announced, and the corresponding advisers would get rewarded too. According to him, the first half of the updated content related to the 5th Continent will debut next month, and changes in the item crafting system will also be a great highlight then. In the principle of "convenient gameplay", the official company won't integrate abnormal items in the game, and the step-by-step update and adjustments in the current item balance will definitely let players see the sincerity of C9's developers.

Following Lyu Zong Ji, Kim Nan Seok made a speech and said that though C9
was now faced with temporary trouble in the popularity, number of
simultaneous online players, etc., developers would make further efforts
to cut out a road suitable for the game to take, and that C9 wouldn't
be transformed to an MMORPG or a casual game, but would be operated as
an ARPG as always. He also disclosed that a newest class would be made
public soon. With group instances under development now, C9 is in the
mood for strengthening players' communication and interaction through a
larger quantity of massive group instances.

Continent of the Ninth - Page 6 C93

Kim Jung Hyung also undertook to finish the optimization
work for the game engine before the first half of the 5th Continent's
updated content was made open, and promised that C9 would enable players
to enjoy the best game effects with the help of the lowest PC
specifications. It's learnt that a desktop computer equipped with
Geforce 6600 graphics card is the lowest system requirement for the
gameplay of C9 as officially announced. Besides, through the game
engine's optimization, players with high-end computers will no longer
encounter unsmooth gameplay in certain in-game areas and instances.

As Lin Tae Jun and Kim Cheong Huan expressed, the
background design and character design will make C9 head for higher
quality, and though new suits are still not made available completely,
the official "naval uniform" series has gained more and more attention
from players. Some players wish such suits to be updated as soon as
possible.

Continent of the Ninth - Page 6 C95

C9's official company does behave actively, but this won't prevent C9 from getting increasingly unpopular.

According to lots of players' comments, they hope C9 can
have its own features to protect against worsening popularity, and they
are loath to see the official company stop updating or operating C9 on
account of the problems like unpopularity.

Continent of the Ninth - Page 6 C96
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: Continent of the Ninth   Continent of the Ninth - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 11:33 pm

from this and dc universe i think the game companies made the wrong move in trying to go total action style mmo.action style fighting elements should only be a feature in a game and not the main attraction.they need go back to fundamental and add back rpg elements with lots of game content instead of just offering us with fun action style fighting that will not keep players interest forever ^^

hope b&s and tera and others will not make this mistake hehe
Back to top Go down
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male
Number of posts : 6807
IGN[Game NickName] : Snow, Nuts, Nut, Snowball, Splash, Snowy
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Continent of the Ninth   Continent of the Ninth - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 1:41 am

The faults of DCUO defenitely do NOT lie in it's combat system, that combat system alone is what keeping the few people that r still left playing.

The faults of DCUO were, stupid slow responses of SOE
No (propper) communication from SOE the 1st 2 weeks + or so and on top of that
After 1st 2 weeks untill like now the communication from them was crap
A bunch of other stupid decisions, like adding extra servers, when the current one was barely full etc etc
The game simply has not enough content to offer, even if it was normal system, you can literally complete ALL the quests in game within a week of non hardcore playing (except some stuff that might require tons of repetition)

There's 1 week worth of propper gameplay the game wont last long enough, same problem as C9 had (as far as I can remember a lot of people told you've seen all the content of C9 after a week aswell)

This has nothing to do with the combat system, but with the failing of the companies to provied enough content to keep people occupied.

Yes other games might cover up for lack of content by simply making you grind lvls for an excessive period of time, but that time is over now, people and companies r starting to think of other ways then just mindless grind.

I do love DCUO for taking the road of no actual grind untill you can participate in most content (you can quest your way up to lvl 30 in about 1 day if you hardcore it) it is just the fact they released the game without enough content for this kind of set up.

For the people that do like to grind, DCUO has feats instead of lvls, which give you 10, 25, 50 points each, and every 100 points you get a skill point to spend, so you still can grind your character up.

It's just that SOE didn't make those important enough for people that don't care about perfecting their toon to care enough and spend their time farming the feats. (there's not a single person that maxed out their feats yet, highest is at like 309/389 feats, after lot of playing since release)
Back to top Go down
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/8485/1snowflakecardmadebyneoc
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: Continent of the Ninth   Continent of the Ninth - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 2:22 am

hehe i think its like hitting ur hands with ur own hammer.making it so easy to max lvl lead to players who have not much time to grind to praise it.but lacking in enough content kill them afterwards.

but on company side.one quest might take them 1-2 weeks to complete in detail but will just take players usually 1-2 hours to complete.so i think grind element shouldn be ignore too much.they should have made the last few level much harder to grind or raise the level cap every once a while to entice ppl to team and log on hehe
Back to top Go down
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male

PostSubject: Re: Continent of the Ninth   Continent of the Ninth - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 3:16 am

Nope, DCUO had it down really good up untill the end.
The problem is not the lack of quests, but of keeping people occupied.

1 quest might take 2 weeks to make but 2h to complete, but that's because it's not a quest that ll keep people occupied.

They did implement a few quests that keep players occupied, examples are like, gather 20x this or that (but the place to gather it is only available once a day and you can't get more then 1 of those items per run) Just an example, and it's not a perfect quest, but it sure ll keep people occupied with just that one quest for at least 20 days.

It would still take them 2 weeks to make but at least a way longer time to complete.

Also DCUO had quite a few of daily stuff that were fun, but those became too repetitive after months of doing them.
But what'd ya expect if they only implemented 1 crappy content patch that lasted less then 2 days (not because people hardcored it, but because it is compleatable in 3 hours) In all the time since release, ofcourse your game is gonna fail at that rate.

I've seen 10x smaller companies produce awesome content at 20x faster pace then SOE did with DCUO (SOE promised to release new content every 3 weeks, so far that proved to be every 3 months and growing)
I've seen way smaller companies communicate 2000x better then SOE and responding to their community's requests.
So it's definitely not the fact that it's too hard to keep up with that pace, it's SOE lacking to keep up

And with DCUO as an example, it's 100000th example of a game releasing too early, just to gain profits faster and then not caring too much.

----------------------------------------OFFTOPIC----------------------------------------
What I'm starting to think lately and so far I haven't had proof not to think this way, is that it's very profiting for companies to release p2p mmos then let them fail. (the fail part is not necessarily true, but not care too much about the game afterwards)

Here's my reasoning behind this: When a company releases a p2p mmo, people pay the initial buy price let's say $45, and get 30 days free playtime, often they'r required to fill in payment info in advance, so sometimes they forget to cancel it in time even if they quit right away earning another bit of money even from quitters.
Often companies offer, lifetime or multiple month subscriptions so people buy those in advance.
The game is often hyped at release, and a lot of players spend on Pre-orders, multiple months etc.
Also the 1st 30 days r often so fun, because you'r still learning the game, and working your way through the content that is there, it doesn't matter that the content is lacking, you ll not notice that many time since you'r busy working your way up, and the community is huge since it's release so other players ll keep you occupied.
All these points and more will lead a lot of players to at the very least pay for 1 more month and often for a multiple month subscription which are cheaper per month but in the end half of those players won't last half of those extra months

So what does this mean for a company (totally fictive numbers especially for subscribers)

Let's say at release they get 500k subscribers and an additional 100k within 1st month

From those 500k lets say another 100k Collectors editions

Normal version $50 collectors $75 Monthly fee per x months: x1: $12 x3: $30 x6: $50 lifetime $120

So that's an initial 500000 x $50 + 100000 x $75 = $32500000 ($32,5mil) just from sales of the game

Now lets say 100k players buy the lifetime subscription
100000 x $125 = $12500000 ($12,5 mil) from that

And lets say 300k renews for 1 to 6 month for an average of like $ 25 (from all the possible subscriptions) for another 300000 x $25 = $7500000 ($7,5 mil)

So that's a total of 52500000 ($52,5 mil) from the initial release and 1st month subscription sales.

Now if you make it look like your game is doing great at the start that ll get you even more subscribers and since the community is still busy during the 1st few weeks, a lot of people ll find others that they like to play with (even if those ll stop after a month) and end up subscribing

But then, after the 1st 30 days r over, and lot of people r done with the content, the money they earn drops drastically, compared to the release.

So it's very profitable to make strong promises, and give the community the feeling the game is worth playing during the release, and the start (which DCUO is amazing at, people get hooked the 1st few weeks, and they offer a lot of cheaper subscription models for multiple months and lifetime) but the game has nothing to offer in the long run (even if it could have been awesome)
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: Continent of the Ninth   Continent of the Ninth - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 5:53 am

don't think its profitable to remake a new game everytime it fail since it does give them bad reputation even tot at ur reasoning they dont mind if it fail since they will still gain.

i still think companies cannot listen to the players all the time.players are fickle minded.one thing they like now might be the thing the dislike later on.personally to me a game must have some sort of grinding system.never make a mmo to cater to casual totally.allow casual to have fun and content yes.but allowing all the players to hit max rank in such short time is a bad idea from the start.

if by ur deduction they are releasing content too slowly then the right method should have been to slow down their speed,set up different ranking pk zone group to stop max grieving.up the rank limit everytime a sizable number of people hit a rank threshold and new zones/quests in stages release would have been a much better option.dc universe main reason to fail is prob not due to the combat system but just very bad management of the game.

they need to hired hardcore gamers to be gm to be in charge.ppl who do not play mmo hardcore style will never get them right hehe.

its my personal opinion only of cos lol
Back to top Go down
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male

PostSubject: Re: Continent of the Ninth   Continent of the Ninth - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 10:34 am

Oh I didn't mean listen to players as in do everything they ask, but communicate with your playerbase.

The 1st 2 weeks or so SOE didn't post a single fckin thing about their plans or anything, just the little bugfixes that were there in the bugfix section and that's pretty much it.

No plan, no explanations, no responses, nothing. After those 2 weeks the information was super scarce still but at least there was some plans, of which none actually held, so they were all bullcrap.

Their managers talking about features that r not even in game as if they were in game was totally epic, doing everything to make the game sound cool to people that still didn't play the game to get them to buy then not care about anything.

Hell yes DCUO failed cuz of crap management...
Back to top Go down
Sakuragi
Raider
Raider
Sakuragi

Male
Number of posts : 950
IGN[Game NickName] : Saku, Sakura, Sakii, Reiss, Zulu
Registration date : 2008-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Continent of the Ninth   Continent of the Ninth - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 11:13 pm

I've played this lol but it's very similar to Vindictus :P Though I think I like the mechanics in this one a little more
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Continent of the Ninth   Continent of the Ninth - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 11:48 pm

Sakuragi wrote:
I've played this lol but it's very similar to Vindictus :P Though I think I like the mechanics in this one a little more

have you play shaman ?? and is she rely smexy ?? yay XD

i saw vids but i rely like her combat style tears of joy

i hope webzen wil beta the game soon i hope
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: Continent of the Ninth   Continent of the Ninth - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 3:22 pm

think its not bad if u play this game as a mini game once a while

C9, an action RPG published by NHN's game portal Hangame, launched its 5th Continent's teaser site on March 29 before updating the second part of the content related to the 5th Continent.

With the help of the teaser site, C9 made public the 5th
Continent's updated content in terms of the storyline, instances, items
and classes etc., as well as relevant details including screenshots and
videos, in an effort to endow players with a deeper understanding of
the 5th Continent in a simpler manner.

Continent of the Ninth - Page 6 Generationofhope1

4 tutorial videos narrated by the host Cha Yu Chu from SBS ESPN and 3 update-related game videos were posted on the teaser site.

Continent of the Ninth - Page 6 Generationofhope2

The second part of the updates related to the 5th Continent,
which is expected to be the largest-scale, aims at the UI, skill
balance, rewards for monster killing, and monsters' dens, and is now
endeavoring to bring all the updated content online in the middle of
April at the latest.

Continent of the Ninth - Page 6 Generationofhope3

In an interview last year, Lyu Chong Jil expressed that C9
would regain players' attention in 2011, and that they were preparing
to conduct a massive update and would make further efforts to meet
players' expectations in the future.

Pic: A Poster of 5th Continent's Teaser Site

Continent of the Ninth - Page 6 Generationofhope4

Continent of the Ninth - Page 6 Generationofhope5
Back to top Go down
Sakuragi
Raider
Raider
Sakuragi

Male
Number of posts : 950
IGN[Game NickName] : Saku, Sakura, Sakii, Reiss, Zulu
Registration date : 2008-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Continent of the Ninth   Continent of the Ninth - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 11:32 pm

I haven't played Shaman but I've seen people play her...she's dece...I still prefer melee...it's funner than Vindictus I think...in terms of the skills you can use...more aoe...really like the shield :P
Back to top Go down
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male

PostSubject: Re: Continent of the Ninth   Continent of the Ninth - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 1:42 am

C9 Global starting VIP OB invites soon ~
C9 Global VIP test will run from February 4 to February 28

http://news.mmosite.com/content/a/2012-01-05/c9_global_beta_sign_up_begins_new_pve_trailer_released.shtml
Back to top Go down
Genlog
Captain
Captain
Genlog

Male
Number of posts : 347
IGN[Game NickName] : Genlog Lamora
Registration date : 2011-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Continent of the Ninth   Continent of the Ninth - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 12:39 pm

yay

am a vip and hope i get a email soon omg how long i w8 for this game dance
Back to top Go down
Hidden_Lotus
Trooper
Trooper
Hidden_Lotus

Male
Number of posts : 17
IGN[Game NickName] : TBA

PostSubject: Re: Continent of the Ninth   Continent of the Ninth - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 4:52 pm

Get to VIP test this yay hope to see some of you in game
Back to top Go down
Hoolilol
Captain
Captain
Hoolilol

Male
Number of posts : 236
IGN[Game NickName] : Hoolilol
Current Status : Moody
Registration date : 2011-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Continent of the Ninth   Continent of the Ninth - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 10:05 pm

I didnt get an invite hurt
Back to top Go down
Genlog
Captain
Captain
Genlog

Male

PostSubject: Re: Continent of the Ninth   Continent of the Ninth - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 12:08 am

same runaway need to w8 now for full releas
Back to top Go down
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male

PostSubject: Re: Continent of the Ninth   Continent of the Ninth - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 5:54 am

Yep got put on the waiting list too XD
Back to top Go down
Genlog
Captain
Captain
Genlog

Male

PostSubject: Re: Continent of the Ninth   Continent of the Ninth - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 12:38 pm

Continent of the Ninth - Page 6 Enemimg05

humph
Back to top Go down
Genlog
Captain
Captain
Genlog

Male

PostSubject: Re: Continent of the Ninth   Continent of the Ninth - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 12:45 pm

didt no that this game is so populair
alot want something new and fresh

it wil be hard for old mmorpg to keep there player base WOW wil lose more and more
end of wow soon ^^

Aion gone be F2P trust me there player base wil rise
when DC universe is semi F2P there player base is beter atm

but there F2P have sadly limits -.- hope they go full F2P soon

about C9 its in my few a Vindictus killer looks beter and the battle system is amazing
and its a open world and you can change more ad your charater hope its free ad C9 XD

we wil seee this year alot of mmorpg gone fail ore rise ^^
Back to top Go down
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male

PostSubject: Re: Continent of the Ninth   Continent of the Ninth - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 1:12 pm

C9 is not an open world
C9 is not a Vindictus killer
C9 is from exactly the same mmo era/type as Vindictus, Dragon Nest, Divine Souls
C9 in essence is exactly the same as the 3 games mentioned above

A killer would be the next era of these action mmos which is not here yet

Mabinogi 2 is the only game that comes to mind right now as a real killer of these games, but the questions is, if Mabi2 will go the action mmo style or not
Back to top Go down
Genlog
Captain
Captain
Genlog

Male

PostSubject: Re: Continent of the Ninth   Continent of the Ninth - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 1:24 pm

funny if i look vids i didt see that C9 is a dungeon game so what is it then ??
and sorry to say C9 have done beter things what i saw where Vindictus in fails

so far i try vindictus its for me a test mmorpg just to get warm for mabi2
only cool things are from Vic are grapics and battlle system

bad things its a dam dungeon game pretty sad
second you must pay for your hair makeup and orther things bad again

even PWI do it beter there its totaly free almost you stil can buy orther clothes
but plz snow if C9 charater creation with all there options is free thats 1 big fat + for me

pll want that even in DC universe what i no try is free in creating your charater in what i wand and orthers to

and action arcade style its hot i never try it bevere i never try WASD controls but dami ts good if you get the hang of it :P
Back to top Go down
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male

PostSubject: Re: Continent of the Ninth   Continent of the Ninth - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 2:10 pm

Vindictus combat is harder to master, C9 is too easy for my taste

C9 does use instances, just like Vindictus, Dragon Nest and Divine Souls

C9 is fully hosted on the company server though unlike Vindictus
(but that's not a real + over Vindi in my book as there are plenty of good hosts out there now, that are easy to find)

Why C9 is not a Vindictus killer, because it's the same game in essence as Vindi, DN, DS
If you got far in 1 of the 4 it's not really worth getting far in the other

You just gotta pick the one out of 4 that you enjoy the most

DS is the worst of them as it's simply not polished enough overall and has no extra value over the other 3

So the choice is Vindi, C9, DN

DN for the cute anime style
Vindi for the great graphics and hard (extra reactive) combat
C9 for the extra flashy easy combat with good graphics

The choice for me is Vindi
The choice for others might vary

But in the end the 3 games are too close to each other in essence to kill the other ones
Leaving those points to chose from

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Continent of the Ninth   Continent of the Ninth - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Continent of the Ninth
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aetherius Network  :: Announcements :: New MMORPGs-
Jump to: