Aetherius Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aetherius Network

International multi-gaming guild since 2006.

HomeAetheriusEventsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Come chat with us on Discord! It's where everyone is at now! https://discord.gg/aBSngGf
Check out our Aetherius Network Facebook Page to see upcoming news and/or enter giveaways.
Follow us on Twitter!

Best PvP class

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male
Number of posts : 6807
IGN[Game NickName] : Snow, Nuts, Nut, Snowball, Splash, Snowy
Current Status : Busy at School
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Best PvP class Empty
PostSubject: Best PvP class   Best PvP class Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 7:57 pm

Ok so far as I can see the mage is the best pvp class, ofcourse this is not end game yet, and rogues are close to being best too, but as so far not many can do anything against mages.

Mage gets a shield bubble, that absorbs some of the hp, very nice adds some decent durability to you.

Mages get lightning: which slows the enemy down: and slow in this game like halves the slowed persons movement, so you can easily outrun them, so you don't need to lvl this skill at all, just use it to slow ya opponent (instant cast 20 sec cooldown)

Mage gets galaxy, and with this your pretty much have all that you need :P, Galaxy is an instant skill, and lasts 4 seconds, doing dmg each second, you can't move during this or it cancels the skill. It has no cooldown. The moment you press the button it deals the 1st tick of dmg.

So whats so good about it, in pvp you don't care about not spending your mana as quick as possible, but to kill as fast as possible. So instead of standing still while casting Galaxy, you just keep moving away from your target after you shot a lightning at them, they move at half of their speed, so you pretty much outrun them even if you walk backwards. If it is warrior or knight or anything, they won't be able to deal enough dmg fast enough to get you killed before you can move again, even if they rush/stun whatever they do on you since your bubble absorbs a decent ammount of dmg.

And rogues, can't keep you in place long enough and have less hp then war and knight.

So they key is keep on moving and spam Galaxy, which means you can do like 3 ticks of dmg in 1 second instead of 1 tick.

Although, later on everyone will be getting some good skills, and if they play it right, they will be able to counter this and you will have to make use of everything you have.

That's why I suggest Priest as 2nd class, for the 5 seconds invincibility. 5 seconds being not disturbed is pretty much enough to kill most of ya enemies, and most important rogues, since those ll kill you if you don't kill them fast enough.
Back to top Go down
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/8485/1snowflakecardmadebyneoc
AxLR0Se
Commander
Commander
AxLR0Se

Male
Number of posts : 1337
IGN[Game NickName] : AxLR0Se/SpongeBoB
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Best PvP class Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best PvP class   Best PvP class Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 9:29 pm

Thing is they will rebalance 2-3 more times the classes.
We know priests need it badly, theres currently no reason for people to wanna keep priest as a primary. I myself, i want to keep my priest as primary because they said the battlegrounds will be similar to WoW's, except enhanced. And i loved being a combat healer who could also kick ass in 1v1.
So yeah in the mean time, rogues/mages are strongest. Hoping that will change soon. And add some bang to priests. We're too squishy atm. They'll fix it im sure..
Back to top Go down
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male

Best PvP class Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best PvP class   Best PvP class Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 10:54 pm

Hehe true, I noticed, they changed a few skills on my rogue when I logged back on it a while back, (although they only made the skills stronger ^.^ so not really helped with the ballance but now you don't necessary have to stay villany rogue to be awesome ^^)
Back to top Go down
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male

Best PvP class Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best PvP class   Best PvP class Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 12:08 pm

Ok, I'm not sure whether I should call the mage or the rogue the best pvp class, since I didn't test the mage in real pvp where you don't know who your enemy will be.

Which I did with my rogue, yesterday, we went in a group to the Bloody Gallery, it's a pvp enabled instance. It opens only for 1 hour a day. So there were 1,5 other teams that were going in there. Since we came there to do the quest, and not to pvp we decided not to attack.

But those guys attacked us 1st. So uhh we couldn't do anything then just attack em back. and the thing is any target I went for with my rogue went down in lik 1~3 hits + my 2nd class scout gave me the extra ranged dmg, and I could keep attacking with the scout focus even when my energy of the rogue was gone for a sec.

Anyway I killed like 30 people or so, and I didn't even have my shadow step yet which you get at lvl 27. I'm lvl 25. In between these people was also a rogue/scout lvl 27 but he went down before me, got him 3 times (well we warned him not to even try to pk us)

Anyway after this I really think rogues r sickening overpowered ^^, sure they can die fast, but they kill even faster. And Rogue/scout is such a sweet pvp combo, with the fast recovering energy of rogue and pretty fast recovering focus of scout, the good ranged dmg of scout, with the slowdown and high bleed dmg. It really is too strong in my oppinion.

Also if ya activate the 1hour cooldown skill of rogue which lasts 30seconds and increases your critical attack power and makes every attack a crit you can pretty much kill a lot of bosses. At lvl 25, I hit the end boss of the 1st instance for close to 3k dmg a hit. I hit those elite mobs there for nearly 4k a hit 1 hit killing them.

Without that skill I hit those same mobs for 750~2400 dmg a hit.
Compare this to my lvl 25 mage, it hits those mobs for 300~500 a tick, with the 4 sec lasting skill so 4 ticks but thats only 500 dmg a sec or so max if standing still while doing this, while rogue does 700x 3 in 1 sec as min dmg and up to 7k in that same second.

Ofcourse if you walk and spam on the mage you will do up to 2k dmg a second and last lot longer with your mana supply then rogue energy, so in the long run mage could win, but in pvp rogue is the faster killer.
Back to top Go down
Dias
Commander
Commander
Dias

Male
Number of posts : 1396
IGN[Game NickName] : Dias Trakand
Current Status : Happy
Registration date : 2008-04-05

Best PvP class Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best PvP class   Best PvP class Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 12:11 pm

Damn , I wanna play while there are still overpowered classes xD
Back to top Go down
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male

Best PvP class Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best PvP class   Best PvP class Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 8:23 pm

Ok, since they will be changing the classes so much, I think I made this revieuw bit too early, should revieuw this once we'r close to Open Beta.
Back to top Go down
LordOfSkulls
Commander
Commander
LordOfSkulls

Number of posts : 523
Registration date : 2008-04-10

Best PvP class Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best PvP class   Best PvP class Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 8:48 pm

XD open beta coming soon so u better hurry
Back to top Go down
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male

Best PvP class Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best PvP class   Best PvP class Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 9:10 pm

I said should revieuw it closer to OB not that I should do it..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Best PvP class Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best PvP class   Best PvP class Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best PvP class
Page 1 of 1