Aetherius Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aetherius Network

International multi-gaming guild since 2006.

HomeAetheriusEventsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Come chat with us on Discord! It's where everyone is at now! https://discord.gg/aBSngGf
Check out our Aetherius Network Facebook Page to see upcoming news and/or enter giveaways.
Follow us on Twitter!

My view on Priest/Mage

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
AxLR0Se
Commander
Commander
AxLR0Se

Male
Number of posts : 1337
IGN[Game NickName] : AxLR0Se/SpongeBoB
Registration date : 2008-06-30

My view on Priest/Mage Empty
PostSubject: My view on Priest/Mage   My view on Priest/Mage Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 1:18 pm

Ok, i'll write this review on my personal experience playing a priest/mage combo thus far.

For starters, this combo requires you to carry many mana pots. But good thing is you can stack up to 100 mana pots. So it's no big deal.
My experience is as a pvp built. We all know i'm a pvp whore. So take this review with a grain of salt and a tequila bottle :)

For starters, I love this combo.
You can easily farm and 1v1 people, hell you can even 1v2 people. Just healing yourself and throwing out shields dotting people is very fun. And lately they improved priest healing by almost 2x. So our healing now is great.

My skills and spec.
Priest Healing
For starters, i maxed out the rank1 one second heal spam spell to lvl 10, and the rank 2 heal spam to lvl 15.
The level 15 basically heals you for 300 damage every 1 second. And has no cool down. So you really don't need to level the bigger 3 second heal spell til much, much later. In parties, you can just spam rank 1 and rank 2 one second heal spams. Works for me so far. And yes, there is a regular 3 second heal that can heal up to 500+ every 3 seconds. But i consider it a waste of mana in low levels as the spam spell is enough.
You can also add some points in to the + % in healing. But like i said, at low levels its kind of a waste of points. I used the skill reset stone last night like 50 times, and the changes were barely noticeable. So just max the spam spells is my advice. But the rank 1 to just level 10. Just so you can open the rank 2.

Priest Damage spells
But this is the most important part as a pvp built, Bone chill. As a priest, this is your biggest damage dealer. It's basically a dot damage spell with a lot of kick. For example i can kill a player of my own level with 3 dots. Of course after 1 expires (12 second cool down) i throw the second. Dots do 84 damage every 2 seconds for 12 secs. This is at level +22. At the moment, there is no rank 2 bone chill. So max out your level 1 to +22.
I also maxed out my rank 1 rising tide to lvl 10, so i could get rank 2. Rank 2 rising tide max all the way. So far i got it at +13 and i hit mobs for 300 dmg. Consider mobs my level only have like 1k hp. So These combo of rising tide rank 2 with bone chill = killer combo.
But.... rising tide isn't the big damage dealer, bone chill is. Remember that. You want to be able to farm easily early on? Max bone chill first. You throw 1 dot at every mob, move to a new place, dot dot dot dot dot, they all die. No need to do anything else.

Mage Damage spells combo with priest..
I suggest you max rank 1 fireball to level 10, so you can get fireball rank 2 asap. And max out fireball rank 2 to at least +15. Atm, my fireballs can hit for 500 damage. This is 2x stronger than rising tide and its an instant cast spell. But has a cool down of 6 seconds. So what i do is, first i throw bone chill so players/mobs begin dying, then i throw my heavy hitter fireball rank 2. So yeah of course they begin coming at me, so by then they have already lost like 700 hp. I end killing the mob with a rising tide if it's not dead by bone chill effect by now.

And fireball is really the only good secondary spell for a priest/mage combo until much later when you can get the other fire spells that are just as good as fireball... or so i've heard.

You may also consider adding points in to chain light, it does do decent damage as well. It's a priest spell. Played WoW? Remember the shadow damage spells the shadow priests did that looked cool? little lightning chain look? Well it's basically that. I can take a mob to half hp with 1 chain light. But its a spell that keeps loading while its attacking them. Kind of like an aoe spell that continues and you see a bar indicating the spell is almost over. This, and only this is why i prefer to max out the instant spells. Cause i don't like standing there while mobs/players get closer to me. It's just asking for a beat down.

so my basic attacks go like this: bone chill - fireball-rising tide against mobs.

Against players, i do this, and i'll explain why; Bone chill - fireball - lightning - rising tide.
Why did i throw lightning in? Because for 10 seconds lightning has a slow down effect. Remember that rising tide isn't an instant spell. It takes 2 seconds to load it. and also you need the little extra seconds for fireball to come back out of cool down. Most people my own level are dead or desperately potting by this combo: bone chill - fireball -lignting - rising tide - fireball.
If they aren't dead by then, throw a second bone chill. :)

Mage spells you need to max to better the priest/mage combo:

Wisdom. Max it all the way. It benefits your primary and secondary by giving them more mana.

To annoy people by showing how uber priests are
I have beaten people my own level by throwing only bone chill at them, and spamming myself with heals and giving myself a shield. What is this shield? It's called wave armor. Basically prevents you from taking lets say 100-200 damage for a minute, or until they have done the 100-200 dmg. It's good enough to give you time to throw 1-2 heals at yourself while you cant be damaged. Also, later you'll get a 5 second shield that is basically god mode for 5 seconds. You don't take ANY type of damage for 5 seconds. So you have 2 helpful shield spells, and great healing to keep yourself up for a long time. All this while your bone chill is slowly killing them.
But for the hell of it, if they begin using pots, throw a fireball or two at them. :)

Useless kind of crappy spells:
Ice fog.
Remember if you get mage as secondary, you already get lightning. So don't bother leveling ice fog. All it does is have a slow effect too. The dot damage blows. Lightning also does a little bit of damage, and has a 10 second slow down effect. Ice fog is ok if you want to throw a second slow down effect so they basically have a walking speed.
But you need to use ice fog as your opening spell if you plan to use it. So it keeps them slowed down, while you throw your combo spells and then throw lightning.

So my recommendation if you're going to pvp with ice fog (which is nice if you know how to do it btw)
Bone chill - ice fog - fireball - rising tide - lightning rinse and repeat.
This combo basically keeps the player/mob slowed down during the entire time.

Well, it's 10am and i need to go use the bathroom.
If you have any questions, i'll be glad to help you out. Hope this big wall of text/mixed up nonsense personal view on priest/mage combo does you some good. Just remember, you need to carry mana pots with you at ALL times. Because bone chill and mage fireball are your two biggest damage dealers. And they also use a lot of mana ( i have 1300 mana atm, bone chill maxed takes 180mana or so, while fireball takes like 130). But they are sooooo worth it. :)

Also remember i am talking about only the essential and biggest important spells. You can level other stuff if you want. But you'll also see that these spells are the difference makers. Also, you need to save a lot of points for endgame spells. So try to remember that at level 30+ you get new spells to go along with your big fireballs/bone chills/etc.

Enjoy.
Back to top Go down
YueYii
Inner Court
Inner Court
YueYii

Female
Number of posts : 540
IGN[Game NickName] : Kryyn
Current Status : Active
Registration date : 2008-04-13

PostSubject: Re: My view on Priest/Mage   My view on Priest/Mage Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 9:42 pm

Thanks for the write up, AxL!
I think I'll go */Mage or Mage/*.... not sure yet since I'm not in-game. I gave up on getting activated for CB and I'm playing City of Heroes while waiting for OB.

:thumb2:
Back to top Go down
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male
Number of posts : 6807
IGN[Game NickName] : Snow, Nuts, Nut, Snowball, Splash, Snowy
Current Status : Busy at School
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: My view on Priest/Mage   My view on Priest/Mage Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 10:08 pm

yep yep, priest/mage rogue/scout and warrior/rogue best pvp combos you could get
Back to top Go down
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/8485/1snowflakecardmadebyneoc
AxLR0Se
Commander
Commander
AxLR0Se

Male
Number of posts : 1337
IGN[Game NickName] : AxLR0Se/SpongeBoB
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: My view on Priest/Mage   My view on Priest/Mage Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 11:55 pm

Yeah except at low levels priest/mage get eaten alive by the overpowered rogues.
Hope they balance rogues out. They can kill any class in less than 5 seconds.
Back to top Go down
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male
Number of posts : 6807
IGN[Game NickName] : Snow, Nuts, Nut, Snowball, Splash, Snowy
Current Status : Busy at School
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: My view on Priest/Mage   My view on Priest/Mage Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 12:37 am

damn I hate it whe I am typing a reply and it all dissapears before just before I finished it x.x

Anyway rogues are only overpowered at the start, at low lvls rogue attack is good right away, while everyone defence sucks big time, you don't have those maxed out defenses that you upgraded to +6 etc

Rogue skills can be spammed instant+no cooldown so you just spam 3 dmg skills in 1 second it's like stabbing naked people as it is now.

Rogue can use only 3 skills in a row cost 35 energy ya max energy is 100 and recovers 15 energy each time so you need at least 2 ticks for each skill
Back to top Go down
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/8485/1snowflakecardmadebyneoc
Buffie
High Priestess
High Priestess
Buffie

Female
Number of posts : 1780
IGN[Game NickName] : Buffie
Current Status : Happy
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: My view on Priest/Mage   My view on Priest/Mage Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 7:30 pm

Wow nice job AxL!
I made a mage/priest 20/15 but i much prefer playing the mage they level so fast hehe
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My view on Priest/Mage   My view on Priest/Mage Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My view on Priest/Mage
Page 1 of 1