Aetherius Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aetherius Network

International multi-gaming guild since 2006.

HomeAetheriusEventsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Come chat with us on Discord! It's where everyone is at now! https://discord.gg/aBSngGf
Check out our Aetherius Network Facebook Page to see upcoming news and/or enter giveaways.
Follow us on Twitter!

Guild Discussion: Ventrilo or Teamspeak?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Neoyoshi
Grandpa
Grandpa
Neoyoshi

Male
Number of posts : 1711
IGN[Game NickName] : Neoyoshi
Current Status : Happy
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Guild Discussion: Ventrilo or Teamspeak? Empty
PostSubject: Guild Discussion: Ventrilo or Teamspeak?   Guild Discussion: Ventrilo or Teamspeak? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 11:09 am

Thread locked and moved to archives, as I've seen Arti has access to the Raidcall server, i do not see opening up a TS/vent server as much of a necessity now.

EDIT: Renamed the thread to "Guild Discussion: Ventrilo or Teamspeak?" i felt the previous thread title was not direct enough and was too vague. xD

Playstation 3 User-base Voice Program Discussion.

Alright gang, shortly before phase 4 started, Artinaaz Gunu had mentioned to me that Playstation 3
does not support the Raidcall voice software, but it does support Ventrilo and Teamspeak.

Seeing as how both the PC & Playstation 3 userbase players together, i feel having Raidcall as our main voice-chat
program indirectly singles out the Playstation 3 users, and i don't want to start off on the wrong foot as a leader. :)

So I'd like to use this thread as a discussion for which of the two programs to eventually switch to, as it may not be
necessary right away, but I'd like to do it soon if possible.

If i can find a good long-term deal on a decent size server for either programs, i'll pay for it myself. :)

Again, it's probably not a pressing matter at the moment, it's just something to think about, so please let me know
what you guys think or how you feel about either Teamspeak or Ventrilo.  

Last edited by Neoyoshi on Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:09 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male
Number of posts : 6807
IGN[Game NickName] : Snow, Nuts, Nut, Snowball, Splash, Snowy
Current Status : Busy at School
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Guild Discussion: Ventrilo or Teamspeak?   Guild Discussion: Ventrilo or Teamspeak? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 11:12 am

Teamspeak.

I've always been a fan of Vent in the old days, but that's when TS still had quite some issues.
Nowday TS improved a lot and stayed with the time, while Vent stayed as it was.
Back to top Go down
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/8485/1snowflakecardmadebyneoc
Neoyoshi
Grandpa
Grandpa
Neoyoshi

Male

PostSubject: Re: Guild Discussion: Ventrilo or Teamspeak?   Guild Discussion: Ventrilo or Teamspeak? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 12:11 pm

I'm looking at the prices right now for Teamspeak, and they are a lot better then i remember them being.  :)

Whats a good balanced location for the server? "Central US?"
Back to top Go down
ValKrice
Commander
Commander
ValKrice

Male
Number of posts : 575
IGN[Game NickName] : Krice Valmont
Registration date : 2010-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Guild Discussion: Ventrilo or Teamspeak?   Guild Discussion: Ventrilo or Teamspeak? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 2:23 pm

Another option is Mumble. These day some people said it is better than vent or TS3.
Back to top Go down
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male

PostSubject: Re: Guild Discussion: Ventrilo or Teamspeak?   Guild Discussion: Ventrilo or Teamspeak? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 2:34 pm

For TS: Either Germany or East/Central US.
3rd option would logically be one of the SEA countries, but they have the worst connection towards outside for stable servers.

Not sure if Mumble is available for PS3 as that's the reason why we'r looking at this.
Otherwise Raidcall was doing just fine.
Back to top Go down
Neoyoshi
Grandpa
Grandpa
Neoyoshi

Male

PostSubject: Re: Guild Discussion: Ventrilo or Teamspeak?   Guild Discussion: Ventrilo or Teamspeak? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 2:42 pm

Yeah like i mentioned in the main post, this possible switch is to accommodate Playstation 3 members.
Back to top Go down
ValKrice
Commander
Commander
ValKrice

Male

PostSubject: Re: Guild Discussion: Ventrilo or Teamspeak?   Guild Discussion: Ventrilo or Teamspeak? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 2:48 pm

Snow wrote:
For TS: Either Germany or West/Central US.

Not sure if Mumble is available for PS3 as that's the reason why we'r looking at this.
I already google them before i make suggestion about mumble. Should be available for PS3 and PS Vita. Many supporter compare to vent or TS3.
Back to top Go down
Neoyoshi
Grandpa
Grandpa
Neoyoshi

Male

PostSubject: Re: Guild Discussion: Ventrilo or Teamspeak?   Guild Discussion: Ventrilo or Teamspeak? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 2:57 pm

ValKrice wrote:
Snow wrote:

I already google them before i make suggestion about mumble. Should be available for PS3 and PS Vita. Many supporter compare to vent or TS3.

Ahhhhh, i didn't realize that. xD

Okey dokey I'll check that out then. :)
Back to top Go down
ValKrice
Commander
Commander
ValKrice

Male

PostSubject: Re: Guild Discussion: Ventrilo or Teamspeak?   Guild Discussion: Ventrilo or Teamspeak? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 3:26 pm

Neoyoshi wrote:
ValKrice wrote:
Snow wrote:

Do Playstation 3 really support in game voice chat? Or just PS3 players using their phone as PS3 ingame voice chat? I read also that PS3 cannot support in-game orcross game voice chat.
Back to top Go down
ValKrice
Commander
Commander
ValKrice

Male

PostSubject: Re: Guild Discussion: Ventrilo or Teamspeak?   Guild Discussion: Ventrilo or Teamspeak? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 3:38 pm

Neoyoshi wrote:
EDIT: Renamed the thread to "Guild Discussion: Ventrilo or Teamspeak?" i felt the previous thread title was not direct enough and was too vague. xD

[color=#336699]Playstation 3 User-base Voice Program Discussion.

Alright gang, shortly before phase 4 started, Artinaaz Gunu had mentioned to me that Playstation 3
does not support the Raidcall voice software, but it does support Ventrilo and Teamspeak.
I do read on what Artinaaz Gunu post before...I not mistaken he mention on playing PS3 and cannot find raidcall software on his phone. Maybe I remember wrong. I try to rechecked the post, but it is not there anymore. Do he delete the post?
Back to top Go down
Neoyoshi
Grandpa
Grandpa
Neoyoshi

Male

PostSubject: Re: Guild Discussion: Ventrilo or Teamspeak?   Guild Discussion: Ventrilo or Teamspeak? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 3:41 pm

ValKrice wrote:
Neoyoshi wrote:
ValKrice wrote:
Snow wrote:

Do Playstation 3 really support in game voice chat? Or just PS3 players using their phone as PS3 ingame voice chat? I read also that PS3 cannot support in-game orcross game voice chat.
Actually, i may need to clarify that with Artinaaz, because my memory is fuzzy on that now. xD
Back to top Go down
Artinaaz Gunu
Veteran
Veteran

Male
Number of posts : 67
IGN[Game NickName] : -
Current Status : Taking Long Break
Registration date : 2011-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Guild Discussion: Ventrilo or Teamspeak?   Guild Discussion: Ventrilo or Teamspeak? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 5:43 pm

Yeah, Val is correct. I'm using my Android for my VOIP. Raidcall isn't available for mobile yet. In my excursion to locate an Android app that does work for Raidcall, all I get back is that the devs are thinking about creating one.

I've tested a few for Vent, using the old Vent server, and they seemed to work pretty well. I have yet to be able to test a Teamspeak one.

(Edit)

Additionally, if we are to utilize a VOIP that is available on mobile, we should also make sure that it available on as many styles of devices as possible. (Android, Apple, etc)
Back to top Go down
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male

PostSubject: Re: Guild Discussion: Ventrilo or Teamspeak?   Guild Discussion: Ventrilo or Teamspeak? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 6:54 pm

Pretty sure TS is for iOS and Android
Back to top Go down
Artinaaz Gunu
Veteran
Veteran

Male

PostSubject: Re: Guild Discussion: Ventrilo or Teamspeak?   Guild Discussion: Ventrilo or Teamspeak? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 8:02 pm

Yeah, I have one downloaded, but I haven't had access to a server to test the quality, functionality, etc of it yet.
Back to top Go down
ValKrice
Commander
Commander
ValKrice

Male

PostSubject: Re: Guild Discussion: Ventrilo or Teamspeak?   Guild Discussion: Ventrilo or Teamspeak? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 8:33 pm

test mumble as well :D
Back to top Go down
Artinaaz Gunu
Veteran
Veteran

Male

PostSubject: Re: Guild Discussion: Ventrilo or Teamspeak?   Guild Discussion: Ventrilo or Teamspeak? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 9:39 pm

ValKrice wrote:
test mumble as well :D
Here's the links to be best apps I could find. I haven't tested ANY of the iTunes apps, I don't use crappy Apple products.. damn hippies. mean  I found some direct link downloads for Plumble, that would allow you to ignore purchasing the app, but I'm not going to post them here. If you want the .apk, just Google it, the link was on the first page of results for me.
I placed Raidcall here as well, because I found a link to a version of the app that cannot connect to any Euro groups (supposedly), so there's a possibility that someone will be able to tweak the current beta version of the app and make it available to the rest of the world. DO NOT DOWNLOAD IT UNLESS YOU HAVE PROPER DEVICE PROTECTION.

APP NAMEVIOP TYPEMOBILE PLATFORMSDOWNLOAD SITE(S)/LINK(S)
TeamSpeak    TeamSpeak    Android (free) / iTunes (4.99)Android(tested), iTunes
Ventriloid
Mangler
Ventrilode
VentriloAndroid-Only (free)
Android-Only(free)
iTunes-Only(4.99)
Android (tested)
Android (tested)
iTunes
Mumble
Plumble
MumbleiTunes-Only(free)
Android ($1.44)
iTunes
Android (tested the *free* version.)
RaidCall.apkRaidcallAndroidAndroid (un-tested, be careful!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guild Discussion: Ventrilo or Teamspeak?   Guild Discussion: Ventrilo or Teamspeak? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guild Discussion: Ventrilo or Teamspeak?
Page 1 of 1