Aetherius Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aetherius Network

International multi-gaming guild since 2006.

HomeAetheriusEventsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Come chat with us on Discord! It's where everyone is at now! https://discord.gg/aBSngGf
Check out our Aetherius Network Facebook Page to see upcoming news and/or enter giveaways.
Follow us on Twitter!

A Realm Reborn: FF XIV - Beta Phase 3

Go down 
+5
rawrx
Shu
Snow
Eir
Facade
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Neoyoshi
Grandpa
Grandpa
Neoyoshi

Male
Number of posts : 1711
IGN[Game NickName] : Neoyoshi
Current Status : Happy
Registration date : 2008-04-11

A Realm Reborn: FF XIV - Beta Phase 3 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Realm Reborn: FF XIV - Beta Phase 3   A Realm Reborn: FF XIV - Beta Phase 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 10:37 am

Eir wrote:
Lol, you guys intend to continue where y'all left off? I was thinking of starting afresh on a non-legacy server.

What is a legacy server? Is it a server that only players from the previous XIV can play on? If so then Me and other people that may want to play wouldn't be with you guys. o__o
Back to top Go down
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male
Number of posts : 6807
IGN[Game NickName] : Snow, Nuts, Nut, Snowball, Splash, Snowy
Current Status : Busy at School
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: A Realm Reborn: FF XIV - Beta Phase 3   A Realm Reborn: FF XIV - Beta Phase 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 11:14 am

I'd definitely want to start out fresh if I'd happen to go back
Back to top Go down
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/8485/1snowflakecardmadebyneoc
Eir
Celestial Guard
Celestial Guard
Eir

Male
Number of posts : 278
IGN[Game NickName] : Erin Mordeau
Registration date : 2009-10-13

PostSubject: Re: A Realm Reborn: FF XIV - Beta Phase 3   A Realm Reborn: FF XIV - Beta Phase 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 1:00 pm

Neoyoshi wrote:
Eir wrote:
Lol, you guys intend to continue where y'all left off? I was thinking of starting afresh on a non-legacy server.

What is a legacy server? Is it a server that only players from the previous XIV can play on? If so then Me and other people that may want to play wouldn't be with you guys. o__o

Legacy servers contain existing characters made in v1.0 and carried forward, yes. That would mean an already developed economy with a ready supply of craftsmen, etc. in return for higher cost since everyone pretty much capped out on gold before v1.0 went down.

Non-legacy will be the clean-slate servers for new players and/or those wanting to restart on an even playing field. Server names not designated yet.
Back to top Go down
ValKrice
Commander
Commander
ValKrice

Male
Number of posts : 575
IGN[Game NickName] : Krice Valmont
Registration date : 2010-02-23

PostSubject: Re: A Realm Reborn: FF XIV - Beta Phase 3   A Realm Reborn: FF XIV - Beta Phase 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 8:12 pm

Fresh start +1.
Back to top Go down
Neoyoshi
Grandpa
Grandpa
Neoyoshi

Male

PostSubject: Re: A Realm Reborn: FF XIV - Beta Phase 3   A Realm Reborn: FF XIV - Beta Phase 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 11:04 pm

Well i just purchased the Collectors Edition so i guess it's just about waiting for Early access to start.
Back to top Go down
rawrx
Captain
Captain
rawrx

Male
Number of posts : 240
IGN[Game NickName] : Roxelis Equinoux
Current Status : Busy at Work
Registration date : 2010-09-13

PostSubject: Re: A Realm Reborn: FF XIV - Beta Phase 3   A Realm Reborn: FF XIV - Beta Phase 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 6:40 am

is there a CE ver at kenny's?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/musica9090
rawrx
Captain
Captain
rawrx

Male

PostSubject: Re: A Realm Reborn: FF XIV - Beta Phase 3   A Realm Reborn: FF XIV - Beta Phase 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 6:43 am

btw players like me who stopped half way during FFXIV half way do we get access to it at the first day too? or i need to purchase another ofthose discs?
Back to top Go down
Eir
Celestial Guard
Celestial Guard
Eir

Male

PostSubject: Re: A Realm Reborn: FF XIV - Beta Phase 3   A Realm Reborn: FF XIV - Beta Phase 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 7:58 am

Iirc, people who played FFXIV for any span of time between v1.0 and v1.3, regardless of CE or regular editions will have access on relaunch day. You will not have a choice of which server your old chars will end up on; basically they will remain on the server they were last on when v1.3 was finally taken down. This means Masumune server for those of you who did not choose to transfer to another server when Gysahl got merged way back when.

Those who qualify for legacy status (this means people who continued their subscriptions even though SE stopped churning out game updates after v1.3 - I'm fairly sure none of us qualify for this) get early-entry a few days before the official relaunch date. This is basically a gesture of thanks on SE's part for financially supporting them despite the absence of new content post v1.3. Early access being three days prior or so, I don't recall the exact length. As an added bonus, legacy players who opted in will have their names in the production credits of FFXIV Reborn. Personally don't see the appeal in that, but meh.

Lastly, mangs who wish to play FFXIV Reborn on their PS3 obviously have to buy a new physical copy of the software - even if to play on their old PC accounts.
Back to top Go down
ValKrice
Commander
Commander
ValKrice

Male
Number of posts : 575
IGN[Game NickName] : Krice Valmont
Registration date : 2010-02-23

PostSubject: Re: A Realm Reborn: FF XIV - Beta Phase 3   A Realm Reborn: FF XIV - Beta Phase 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 10:09 am

If I not mistaken, those who got the FFXIV 1.0 do not need to buy FFXIV ARR but must subscribe in order to play. FFXIV ARR comes with 30 days subscription.

Pricing

NA

EU
Back to top Go down
Eir
Celestial Guard
Celestial Guard
Eir

Male

PostSubject: Re: A Realm Reborn: FF XIV - Beta Phase 3   A Realm Reborn: FF XIV - Beta Phase 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 10:42 am

Ya, of course you gotta re-subscribe to play hehe. Only new boxes come with the 30-day waiver. Thought that's rather common practice nowadays anyway for subscription games, the 30-day free package with new boxes.
Back to top Go down
rawrx
Captain
Captain
rawrx

Male

PostSubject: Re: A Realm Reborn: FF XIV - Beta Phase 3   A Realm Reborn: FF XIV - Beta Phase 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 11:25 am

ah ok cool.
Back to top Go down
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male

PostSubject: Re: A Realm Reborn: FF XIV - Beta Phase 3   A Realm Reborn: FF XIV - Beta Phase 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 10:10 am

2nd CBT weekend of Beta Phase 3 is up and running btw for those that didn't know yet.
Back to top Go down
Neoyoshi
Grandpa
Grandpa
Neoyoshi

Male

PostSubject: Re: A Realm Reborn: FF XIV - Beta Phase 3   A Realm Reborn: FF XIV - Beta Phase 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 10:56 am

Snow wrote:
2nd CBT weekend of Beta Phase 3 is up and running btw for those that didn't know yet.

I'm already in-game, well, i was, coming back on now. :P  theif
Back to top Go down
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male

PostSubject: Re: A Realm Reborn: FF XIV - Beta Phase 3   A Realm Reborn: FF XIV - Beta Phase 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 1:53 pm

Neoyoshi wrote:
Snow wrote:

I'm already in-game, well, i was, coming back on now. :P  theif
I've been messing on other characters testing some stuff hmm
Back to top Go down
Artinaaz Gunu
Veteran
Veteran

Male
Number of posts : 67
IGN[Game NickName] : -
Current Status : Taking Long Break
Registration date : 2011-01-11

PostSubject: Re: A Realm Reborn: FF XIV - Beta Phase 3   A Realm Reborn: FF XIV - Beta Phase 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 5:33 pm

Im working on trying to get a temp LS going for us. If someone beats me to is, shoot me a mail pls. lol.
Back to top Go down
Captain
Captain

Male
Number of posts : 111
IGN[Game NickName] : Botak Jones
Registration date : 2010-11-10

PostSubject: Re: A Realm Reborn: FF XIV - Beta Phase 3   A Realm Reborn: FF XIV - Beta Phase 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 1:25 pm

Hi guys I'm back hehehe.

Anyway I tried FFXIV:ARR Alpha a few weeks ago, B1,B2 and now Beta phase 3 with Botak and my assessment of the game is that it has been pretty much totally revamped. Some prime changes that I noticed in B3:

1) Physical distance between cities reduced. (remember the 30 mins walk from Uldah to Gridania?? Now it takes 12 by foot with Sprint skill)

2) Retainer wards are gone. Retainers can now display their items on the marketplace from the bell you ring them from without even being in marketplace i think. 

3) ALL if not most of your old items will be useless (renamed to DATED item, without attribute bonus or materia slots and unable to be created ever again) EG... Silver Ring renamed to Dated Silver Ring, and they removed the bonus associated with the ring. Becomes just a vanity item. Why? Because sometime after 5th Sept 2011, they did a major revamp of the item system and deemed many old items not in line with their new system.

4) Your character does indeed retain its class level and skills but without proper items thanks to the item revamp, you're pretty much nothing lol. Even your lv 10 carpentry saw will be listed as dated.

5) Characters look the same but skills and effect as well as animations are ALL NEW. remember how they reused skill animation for most spells skills? Now all skills/spells have unique activation animations. To top it up, animation speed is now faster, inducing a feeling of faster more action packed combat.

6) Quest progress is lost. They have mentioned that Beta 3 will not capture story or class quest progress but I have played through both in B3 and it is totally different from the old FFXIV quests so don't expect any quest or class progress to be retained.

7) Addition of Aetherals around major towns to facilitate transport inside the town. Helps alot in porting around town to turn in quests.

To finalize, I saw a couple of old JP players who I partied with 2 years back and most if not all of them had all classes (combat, magic, crafting and gathering classes) at level 50, with all jobs (paladin, dragoon, whitemage, black mage etc) at level 50. They were also equipped with full unique items for ALL jobs lol. So just to let you guys have an idea of who you will be playing with if a Legacy server is chosen as the starting point for ARR.

To sum it up, and if you guys arent aware:

Players Who Own FFXIV Version 1.0
Players who own FFXIV version 1.0 will not need to purchase the PC version of FFXIV: ARR and will be able to download the FFXIV: ARR software for free.
* Details on downloading the FFXIV: ARR software will be provided at a later date.

Furthermore, users who have version 1.0 registration codes that have not yet been registered will be able to register them and play FFXIV: ARR on PC at the start of the service.

Players Who Own the FFXIV version 1.0 Collector’s Edition
Players who own the FFXIV version 1.0 Collector’s Edition will receive the FFXIV: ARR Collector’s Edition in-game bonus items (Helm of Light, Baby Behemoth Minion, Behemoth Barding, and Coeurl Mount) for free. The in-game bonus items will be delivered via Moogle Letter when FFXIV: ARR launches.
Back to top Go down
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male

PostSubject: Re: A Realm Reborn: FF XIV - Beta Phase 3   A Realm Reborn: FF XIV - Beta Phase 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 12:45 am

Make sure to update the game now if you'r planning on playing later today.
Back to top Go down
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male

PostSubject: Re: A Realm Reborn: FF XIV - Beta Phase 3   A Realm Reborn: FF XIV - Beta Phase 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 1:40 pm

Thought I'd bump this, as this weekend ist still beta phase 3, for those that want to play and forgot :P
Back to top Go down
Neoyoshi
Grandpa
Grandpa
Neoyoshi

Male

PostSubject: Re: A Realm Reborn: FF XIV - Beta Phase 3   A Realm Reborn: FF XIV - Beta Phase 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 9:18 am

The next beta test starts tonight! \o/

Upcoming Beta Test Schedule: Jul. 10th 2:00 a.m. to Jul. 15th 2:00 a.m. (PDT) / Jul. 10th 9:00 to Jul. 15th 9:00 (GMT)

Back to top Go down
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male

PostSubject: Re: A Realm Reborn: FF XIV - Beta Phase 3   A Realm Reborn: FF XIV - Beta Phase 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 1:26 pm

Neoyoshi wrote:
The next beta test starts tonight! \o/

Upcoming Beta Test Schedule: Jul. 10th 2:00 a.m. to Jul. 15th 2:00 a.m. (PDT) / Jul. 10th 9:00 to Jul. 15th 9:00 (GMT)

Woah!!!
Back to top Go down
Neoyoshi
Grandpa
Grandpa
Neoyoshi

Male

PostSubject: Re: A Realm Reborn: FF XIV - Beta Phase 3   A Realm Reborn: FF XIV - Beta Phase 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 3:37 pm

Triairy - (ARR Community Rep) wrote:
Beta Test Phase 3 Schedule (07/08/2013)

Thank you for your participation in the beta test for FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.

The testing schedule is detailed below.

Dates and Times

July 10, 2013 (Wednesday), 2:00 a.m. to July 15 (Monday), 2:00 a.m. (PDT)
           July 10, 2013 (Wednesday), 9:00 a.m. to July 15 (Monday), 9:00 a.m. (GMT)

• Beta test phase 3 will conclude on Monday, July 15th. The beta test phase 4 schedule will be announced at a later time.

• Testing of the new Lodestone will conclude on Wednesday, July 17th at 2:00 a.m. (PDT) / 9:00 a.m.(GMT). Please note that the new Lodestone will be inaccessible when testing has ended.

Back to top Go down
Facade
Advisory Board
Advisory Board
Facade

Male
Number of posts : 1036
IGN[Game NickName] : Facade, Tsunami, Tsunade
Current Status : Normal
Registration date : 2010-02-01

PostSubject: Re: A Realm Reborn: FF XIV - Beta Phase 3   A Realm Reborn: FF XIV - Beta Phase 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 1:48 am

interesting
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Realm Reborn: FF XIV - Beta Phase 3   A Realm Reborn: FF XIV - Beta Phase 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Realm Reborn: FF XIV - Beta Phase 3
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2