Aetherius Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aetherius Network

International multi-gaming guild since 2006.

HomeAetheriusEventsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Come chat with us on Discord! It's where everyone is at now! https://discord.gg/aBSngGf
Check out our Aetherius Network Facebook Page to see upcoming news and/or enter giveaways.
Follow us on Twitter!

My short summary of the Stress Test

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male
Number of posts : 6807
IGN[Game NickName] : Snow, Nuts, Nut, Snowball, Splash, Snowy
Current Status : Busy at School
Registration date : 2008-06-02

My short summary of the Stress Test Empty
PostSubject: My short summary of the Stress Test   My short summary of the Stress Test Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 7:59 am

At start instance servers were down so no new characters could be created (wasted like a half hour on this re-creating characters)
Then went to play my already existing ranger

Logging on my ranger I ended up inside a sea of people, literally 40+ people zerging 1 small event
Shooting 6 arrows blindly in random direction provided me a silver medal of participation

I wasn't there for PvE though and went off to the mists right away to test my axe+warhorn and greatsword ranger
This build worked like a charm and I really liked my axe + warhorn, but the lag was too horrible to do anything properly with my 2h sword

My net was still failing me hardcore, so I had a few crashes due to that and a few crashes due to server overload
After one of those crashes I tried to log on my newly made warrior, and this time it let me in

So I went right back to the mists with my warrior, and while buying sigils for my build I got warped by a mesmer inside a wall
There was no way out other than joining a pvp game or leaving the mists, so I joined and quit a game, only to end up spawning on top of a newly laid trap portal by the mesmer warping me straight back into the wall
I repeat the join/leave thing and this time the portal wasn't up (90 sec cooldown I belive)
So I went on shopping, and yet again the mesmer kept laying portals, with me walking out of the way, but 10+ people being warped into a wall over and over
I'd say a rather annoying and abusive skill, as I remember being warped on top of trees and what not during the BWE too

So finally finishing my warrior build while dodging all those mesmer portals (more than one mesmer started doing it)
I went on to test this crazy damage build
And yes I was melting people's faces, but no where near as much as I was planning to, or actually could, because the crazy delays/lags/freezes were even worse than during the 1st BWE
Switching to axe to do my adrenaline move didn't work for me as it took me 3~10 seconds to weapon switch
As a pure melee warrior having lags just didn't work out, and although the build was sick strong and I could kill pretty much anyone when lag wasn't too bad, I couldn't stand playing it

So back to ranger it was, playing some more with my axe+warhorn/greatsword build, I ended up using the axe+warhorn 95% of the time, for the same reasons as why I couldn't stand melee with my warrior
And while using my axe, to literally annihilate groups of people and turn around teamfights in our favor 95% of the time (people don't even bother to run away from axe throws like they do from bow shots, so half the time they were free kills, as axe dmg is not to be underestimated), I noticed another thing
I could hit people through 50% of the walls
I'm not sure what happened during this stress test, but I was being attacked through walls a lot more, and could hit people through sometimes 3 layers of wall

Anyway rest of the time I spent throwing axes into peoples heads, capturing points, annihilating unsuspecting people that came charging at me and ending up 1st on my team 95% of the time

While I was doing all this I realized that the chat tab was horrible
I missed like 99% of the chat that happened or saw it way too late
Back to top Go down
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/8485/1snowflakecardmadebyneoc
Facade
Advisory Board
Advisory Board
Facade

Male
Number of posts : 1036
IGN[Game NickName] : Facade, Tsunami, Tsunade
Current Status : Normal
Registration date : 2010-02-01

PostSubject: Re: My short summary of the Stress Test   My short summary of the Stress Test Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 2:06 am

yeh the chat tab was horrible, you can make it bigger though.

I missed the stress test since it landed right when i was working.

Sounds like the server was seriously loaded with the lag etc, could that be why it seemed as if you could hit through walls due to delays in server response?

I played an Axe/Horn ranger in last beta, yeh they are very cool. Also tried a support/spirit build which was kinda neat too.

Axe/Shield switch or (Axe/Axe) warrior with the right utility combo and adrenaline skill is crazy I tried that too.

Mesmer must have found a nice teleport bug eh?? though even without that they are near impossible to kill for a melee player due to all the clones and switching. Not so bad for long range since the real target is easier to figure out and not in yuor face.
Back to top Go down
Hoolilol
Captain
Captain
Hoolilol

Male
Number of posts : 236
IGN[Game NickName] : Hoolilol
Current Status : Moody
Registration date : 2011-07-20

PostSubject: Re: My short summary of the Stress Test   My short summary of the Stress Test Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 5:09 am

Hey guys , when is the release of gw2 anyways ? I spent all of my cash so i gotta plan out what to do till it releases XD
Back to top Go down
Genlog
Captain
Captain
Genlog

Male
Number of posts : 347
IGN[Game NickName] : Genlog Lamora
Current Status : Busy at Work
Registration date : 2011-07-11

PostSubject: Re: My short summary of the Stress Test   My short summary of the Stress Test Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 12:14 pm

so end june begin juli but not sure yet stores say it around that date
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My short summary of the Stress Test   My short summary of the Stress Test Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My short summary of the Stress Test
Page 1 of 1