Aetherius Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aetherius Network

International multi-gaming guild since 2006.

HomeAetheriusEventsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Come chat with us on Discord! It's where everyone is at now! https://discord.gg/aBSngGf
Check out our Aetherius Network Facebook Page to see upcoming news and/or enter giveaways.
Follow us on Twitter!

Letter from the Producer, II (2/1/2011)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male
Number of posts : 10794
IGN[Game NickName] : Ashura/Iori Yagami
Current Status : Busy at Work
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Letter from the Producer, II (2/1/2011) Empty
PostSubject: Letter from the Producer, II (2/1/2011)   Letter from the Producer, II (2/1/2011) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 9:23 am

Letter from the Producer, II (2/1/2011)

Hello again, everyone, and welcome to the second official Letter from the Producer. As always, thank you for taking the time to read.

I’ve been worrying that I may have set the
bar a little high for myself with my first letter. There was so much I
wanted to cover that it didn’t take long before it expanded to its
final, significant length. Afterwards, I noticed a number of posts
criticizing me for my light-hearted tone. I apologize. Sometimes my
personality gets the better of me. I hope you’ll be kind enough to allow
me a certain amount of tomfoolery in the future.

I’ve made a few additions to the list I
posted previously—this time regarding forthcoming changes to the
Lodestone and other community-based features. (I originally intended for
them to be released along with the rest of last week’s post, but I
wrote them in right before the post went live and experienced a bit of
an...editing fail. Sorry!)

So without further ado, here is the updated and amended list of changes.

Category Planned Current Tasks Future Tasks
Quests Tutorials for new players Planning and implementation of tutorial quests Introduction of additional quests
Quests revolving around the danger facing Eorzea Planning and implementation of quests Introduction of additional quests
Public company quests Planning of public companies and related quests in Limsa Lominsa, Ul'dah, and Gridania Introduction of additional quests
User Interface (UI) Improvements to the log Changes to behavior of windows when moused over
 Removal of auto-log activation, addition of ablitity to target behind log
Automated show/hide feature
 Log hidden after certain period of inactivity
Revision of text colors by message type
 Brighter system messages for easier reading
Increased log tabs
Increased color customization by type
Improvement of dialog windows
(ex. market area selection)
Changes to increase the amount of on-screen data to reduce the need for multiple pages Revisions to page advancing
Conversion to specialized windows
Improvements to journal usability Changes to consolidate all current quests and levequests on one screen Ongoing changes
Additional list entries
Changes to speed up text scrolling, increased further for prolonged scrolling Addition of a feature to change pages using a gamepad
Adjustments to window size and scrolling position
 Consolidation of levequest details on one screen
Character jump feature Examination of the implementation of jumping Implementation following completion of a favorable examination
Increased visibility of combat damage display Use of distinct colors for player and enemy damage
Adjustments to prevent overlapping of combat text
 FINAL FANTASY-esque changes to number pop-up animations
Increased usability of maps Examination of increased refresh rates for more responsive maps Implementation of chages
Subsequent increase in the number of points and icons pictured on maps
Improved minimap usability Addition of PC field-of-view display on the minimap Quest NPC directional indicator
Improvements to camera usability Changes to prevent random reset of camera distance settings Changes to allow camera distance settings via gamepad
Changes to notification windows Changes to window placement
Reduced intrusion of windows when engaged in combat
Changes to increase the specialization of windows
Improvements to targeting mechanics Changes to allow targeting by type (PC or NPC) when targeting with a gamepad Examination of target indicator customization
Guildleves Improvements to guildleve-related information Command-based display of time remaining until guildleve renewals
Additional information when exchanging guildleves
Revision and balancing of local leve issuing conditions Ongoing revision and balacing
Balancing of guildleve rewards Changes to less popular guildleves in line with reward balances Further release of new guildleves following balancing
Items, Synthesis, and Gathering Adjustments to item condition values Adjustments to lower the rate at which item condition deteriorates Ongoing balances in line with player feedback
Higher visibility of the optimal rank of items Changes to the color of item names to convey the disparity between optimal rank and a player's current rank
 Currently assessing costs of implementation
Color categorization of item names
Reassessment of the gear affinities Introduction of gear with rank requirements to create player-oriented goals Further changes to gear affinities
Revision of battle loot and quest rewards Ability to obtain weapons and armor via battle loot and quest rewards Implementation in line with quests
Changes to item stack sizes Examination of increased stack sizes from 12 to 99 Implementation of increased item sizes after finalization
Increased pace of gathering actions Changes to the frame rates of action animations to speed up gathering
Market Areas Improvement of market area connectivity and stability Reduction in the frequency of market area crashes Ongoing improvements to market area stability
Improved usability of the item search feature Addition of prices displayed together with search results Examination of ability to search by specific item names
Examination of an auction house system Final examination of retainer and auction house systems Initial planning following final decision
Battle System Ability to toggle display of head gear Ability to toggle head gear to allow display of character faces -
Revisions to party-based skill point acquisition in parties Improvements to skill point acquisition for parties
Changes to enmity calculations Revisions to enmity algorithms Ongoing revisions to enmity algorithms
Revision of crowd control actions Revision of crowd control actions for each class to improve party-based play Implementation of changes after finalization
Changes to enemy group dynamics Introduction of enemy group variability, as well as enemy group highlighting to enhance combat visibility
Changes to claiming/engaging enemies Examination and implementation of changes to claiming and engaging enemies Ongoing balancing of skill point acquisition following initial changes
Balancing of enemy attributes Changes to enemy attributes and drops Ongoing balancing as necessary
Addition of beast tribes Release of beast tribe monsters as both roaming and quest-related enemies Further implementation in line with new quests
Revision of enemy sizes Optimization of enemy size for ease of play
Design and release of notorious monsters Release of notorious monsters Further implementation in line with new quests
Conversion of roaming monsters to notorious monsters Implementation after finalization
Armoury System Changes to actions for Disciplines of War & Magic classes Further changes to enhance class uniqueness Initial implementation of partial changes
Changes to class names Possible introduction of traditional names such as paladin, monk, white mage, etc. Announcement of further changes as they arise
Company System Introduction of public companies Introduction of public company leaders in each city-state Announcement of further changes as they arise
Introduction of public companies in Limsa Lominsa, Ul'dah, and Gridania to combat the threat to Eorzea Announcement of further changes as they arise

-NEW-The Lodestone
Official forumsTest launch of official forums in JP, EN, FR, and DE beginning in early MarchImprovements to forums based on test period results
Determination of final launch date
Additional blog featuresAddition of a "Like!" button to mark preferred posts
Ability to add decorative text, HTML links to blog entries
My Site automated notificationsNotifications of new blog entries, new followers, etc., posted at the top of My Site pages

As you can see, there are a number of changes
planned for patch 1.15a. Once the patch goes live, the list will be
updated, and we will continue to add even more changes. Many players
have voiced their desire for a complete list of all planned changes,
rather than a partial 30% list. I can only say I will personally be
adding items to the list as soon as adequate testing and examination
have been carried out. So continue to keep an eye on the Lodestone for
all the latest news!

My next post will be dealing specifically
with the battle system, and I am planning to conduct another players’
poll on the subject. I would very like much to hear all of your opinions
again.