Aetherius Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aetherius Network

International multi-gaming guild since 2006.

HomeAetheriusEventsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Come chat with us on Discord! It's where everyone is at now! https://discord.gg/aBSngGf
Check out our Aetherius Network Facebook Page to see upcoming news and/or enter giveaways.
Follow us on Twitter!

WAKFU Official World-Wide Launch this February!

Go down 
+3
Beebo
Artinaaz Gunu
Shu
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male
Number of posts : 10794
IGN[Game NickName] : Ashura/Iori Yagami
Current Status : Busy at Work
Registration date : 2008-03-31

WAKFU Official World-Wide Launch this February! Empty
PostSubject: WAKFU Official World-Wide Launch this February!   WAKFU Official World-Wide Launch this February! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 7:53 pm

Post Edited for launch update: 1/08/2012 - Neoyoshi

Source: http://www.wakfu.com/na/mmorpg/community/news/283832-wakfu-open-beta-begun

WAKFU: Open Beta Has Begun - 2012-01-04 18:15

Are you ready? Because we are. WAKFU has now officially transitioned into Open Beta in North America! You and your friends are now able to log into the game freely in order to test the player-driven World of Twelve. See below for details.

WAKFU Official World-Wide Launch this February! OB_Large

With the new Content Update 0.311 well underway, the former restrictions of Closed Beta have been removed. And while you all are rushing to get in, we’re just bursting at the seams with a slew of events and contests that are just waiting to be announced. There’s always something new to enjoy in WAKFU and many there to enjoy it with.

Due to all of the recent changes related with the test phase transition, we’ve put together an accommodating Frequently Asked Questions listing, suitable for both new and returning readers alike.

Have something to share – feedback or a question? Maybe even a bug report or two? Join our community on the Official Forum where there are many fans and staff members willing to lend a helpful hand.

So what are you waiting for? Get started today and help make WAKFU a game you completely enjoy in time for our full release in February 2012.

February Launch INFO

SQUARE ENIX AND ANKAMA ANNOUNCE OFFICIAL LAUNCH DATE, MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION FEE AND ONLINE STORE FOR 'WAKFU®'

Tactical MMORPG Will Make Worldwide Debut in February 2012; Premium Content Available for Monthly Subscription Fee and Microtransaction–Based Online Store Will Open at Launch

WAKFU Official World-Wide Launch this February! Logo_wakfu

LOS ANGELES (October 28, 2011) — Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of SQUARE ENIX® interactive entertainment products in the Americas and ANKAMA, an independent digital creation group and developer, today announced that their upcoming tactical massively multiplayer online role–playing game (MMORPG), WAKFU®, will be launching worldwide in February 2012. WAKFU will launch as a free download from the official site at www.wakfu.com/na and include with it a large amount of gameplay content to experience at no cost. In addition, a monthly subscription fee of $6.00 will give players access to premium content, and a microtransaction–based store will allow users to purchase cosmetic items.

"WAKFU's deep political and combat system combined with an ever–changing ecosystem delivers an exceptional MMORPG unlike any other product in its category," said Mona Hamilton, vice president of marketing for Square Enix. "The team at Ankama created a unique, fun and entertaining online game and we believe a monthly subscription fee and online store makes for a rewarding experience all players can enjoy."

With up to 14 distinct, completely customizable character classes to select from and a variety of missions and turn–based combat to engage in, WAKFU takes place in a vibrant and immersive anime art style world where players' choices are paramount and actions directly impact a continuously evolving ecosystem. Featuring a rich political system, players can defend their nation against enemy attacks, conquer new territories, vote, elect government officials and even run for governor!

Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: WAKFU Official World-Wide Launch this February!   WAKFU Official World-Wide Launch this February! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 7:57 pm

play the org version dofus before a few years back.which is a flash turn based game which is pretty fun for a while.till they start to charge monthly sub which i then left.

pretty fun if u looking for some casual gaming once a while without commitment
Back to top Go down
Artinaaz Gunu
Veteran
Veteran

Male
Number of posts : 67
IGN[Game NickName] : -
Current Status : Taking Long Break
Registration date : 2011-01-11

PostSubject: Re: WAKFU Official World-Wide Launch this February!   WAKFU Official World-Wide Launch this February! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 9:45 pm

Oh wow... I didn't know it was a tactical MMORPG. I'm totally playing this. It looks pretty fun. Thanks for the info! I may have missed this had I not been in this group. :P
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: WAKFU Official World-Wide Launch this February!   WAKFU Official World-Wide Launch this February! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 10:00 pm

np.only bad thing i recall last time was ppl who afk in battle scene.end up a battle took 10-15 mins instead of 5-6 mins hehe
Back to top Go down
Artinaaz Gunu
Veteran
Veteran

Male

PostSubject: Re: WAKFU Official World-Wide Launch this February!   WAKFU Official World-Wide Launch this February! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 3:51 am

Well, they sent out the invites to this closed beta and I got one. If anyone is interested in it let me know and I'll post info as I play. I bet its still possible to get a beta invite anyway... lol.
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: WAKFU Official World-Wide Launch this February!   WAKFU Official World-Wide Launch this February! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 10:11 am

i didn get mine.i forget to make put usa as my residence when i reg last time heh.

if u have spare key next time pass me ^^ if not its cool.i will just wait and test next time
Back to top Go down
Beebo
Commander
Commander

Male
Number of posts : 867
Registration date : 2009-05-22

PostSubject: Re: WAKFU Official World-Wide Launch this February!   WAKFU Official World-Wide Launch this February! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 11:37 am

Oooo, it's out now =o
I used to follow Wakfu for a while and I played Dofus for a while too.
It's a pretty fun game, I'll apply.
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: WAKFU Official World-Wide Launch this February!   WAKFU Official World-Wide Launch this February! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 4:18 pm

those of us who too late in getting in cb will have to wait march or april for open beta heh
Back to top Go down
Neoyoshi
Grandpa
Grandpa
Neoyoshi

Male
Number of posts : 1711
IGN[Game NickName] : Neoyoshi
Current Status : Happy
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: WAKFU Official World-Wide Launch this February!   WAKFU Official World-Wide Launch this February! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 12:28 am

Shu wrote:
those of us who too late in getting in cb will have to wait march or april for open beta heh

Did you get in Shu? I'm on the Amakna Nation; this game is seriously addicting, i love how the players are in control of the Ecosystem (although the opposing nation apparently is having problems with "Eco Terrorism" lulz)

I just hope they put some more work into the in-game knowledge resource, as of right now you're sort of thrown into the world without a paddle; you have to pretty much discovery things on your own with the exception of the starting zone which has a decently solid tutorial walk-through.

Back to top Go down
Artinaaz Gunu
Veteran
Veteran

Male

PostSubject: Re: WAKFU Official World-Wide Launch this February!   WAKFU Official World-Wide Launch this February! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 2:53 am

Since you got in, you should throw out some info, to the Network, with me in this topic: http://www.aethguild.net/t5192-closed-beta-action
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: WAKFU Official World-Wide Launch this February!   WAKFU Official World-Wide Launch this February! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 8:34 am

hehe i didn get in.they might have ip block to split the na region from other region also later on.a bit unclear on this atm.

also this game suppose to be multiclient based.think many ppl will be playing 2 or more account.

i play its former game dofus when it first started and ya pretty fun.

for a casual gameplay its pretty nice :)
Back to top Go down
Savasana
Trooper
Trooper
Savasana

Male
Number of posts : 11
IGN[Game NickName] : Savasana
Current Status : Busy at School
Registration date : 2010-12-24

PostSubject: Re: WAKFU Official World-Wide Launch this February!   WAKFU Official World-Wide Launch this February! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 3:57 am

I played Dofus off and on for a good 2-3 years. It had issues, but was fun if you could find decent people to party with.

My biggest gripe was the huge amounts of RMT spamming and bots. Also Dofus seemed to attract a younger demographic so there was lots of immaturity.

Wouldn't mind trying Wakfu when it's open beta but hopefully it won't be full of 12 year olds who can't type properly.
Back to top Go down
Beebo
Commander
Commander

Male

PostSubject: Re: WAKFU Official World-Wide Launch this February!   WAKFU Official World-Wide Launch this February! Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 10:19 pm

Phew...now that i'm on summer break I can try this.

For those who want a Closed Beta key go here:
http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/wakfu/

I just got my key today and downloaded the game.
Who's playing? Throw me your IGN ^^
Back to top Go down
kawainu
Captain
Captain
kawainu

Male
Number of posts : 365
IGN[Game NickName] : kawainu
Current Status : Normal
Registration date : 2010-01-31

PostSubject: Re: WAKFU Official World-Wide Launch this February!   WAKFU Official World-Wide Launch this February! Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 10:56 pm

I'm downloading this game right now so I'll be playing anytime soon. As Shu said, looks good for casual gaming.
It reminds me of disgaea and luminous arc...hopefully it will be at least as good as them.
Back to top Go down
kawainu
Captain
Captain
kawainu

Male
Number of posts : 365
IGN[Game NickName] : kawainu
Current Status : Normal
Registration date : 2010-01-31

PostSubject: Re: WAKFU Official World-Wide Launch this February!   WAKFU Official World-Wide Launch this February! Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 11:57 pm

I was just looking around the offcial website and found out they r making an animated series based on wakfu. The first 2 episodes will be streamed online soon (doesnt say when its gonna happen). Now im liking this game even more ^^

Edit: I started playing the game (ign: kawainu) and there is something that has been bothering me since the beginning... The whole economy is managed by players (which means there isnt a single merchant npc...) but I havent seen anybody selling potions...
Beebo, have u found any healing potion or at least a way to craft them? It is possible to craft bread and food but they can only be used outside battles (at least thats what the book says)

Edit 2:The game sucks fuming
Its impossible to play without a party after a certain level since all monsters are in groups of 3 or more and you just cant defeat them all without healing items and the help of some party members. Asking for a party never works, its impossible to heal urself during battle (unless u have a healing skill) and if that wasnt bad enough, in certain level ranges, the monsters u should be killing are in super crowded areas with 50 players/1 monster group which means u actually have to search for monster groups and run towards them before some party takes them from u.

Btw, did I mention u have to literally craft ur money? Apparently, its legal to make ur own money in the game xD
Back to top Go down
Neoyoshi
Grandpa
Grandpa
Neoyoshi

Male

PostSubject: Re: WAKFU Official World-Wide Launch this February!   WAKFU Official World-Wide Launch this February! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 5:05 pm

Update - 01/08/2012

Source: http://www.wakfu.com/na/mmorpg/community/news/283832-wakfu-open-beta-begun

WAKFU: Open Beta Has Begun - 2012-01-04 18:15

Are you ready? Because we are. WAKFU has now officially transitioned into Open Beta in North America! You and your friends are now able to log into the game freely in order to test the player-driven World of Twelve. See below for details.

WAKFU Official World-Wide Launch this February! OB_Large

With the new Content Update 0.311 well underway, the former restrictions of Closed Beta have been removed. And while you all are rushing to get in, we’re just bursting at the seams with a slew of events and contests that are just waiting to be announced. There’s always something new to enjoy in WAKFU and many there to enjoy it with.

Due to all of the recent changes related with the test phase transition, we’ve put together an accommodating Frequently Asked Questions listing, suitable for both new and returning readers alike.

Have something to share – feedback or a question? Maybe even a bug report or two? Join our community on the Official Forum where there are many fans and staff members willing to lend a helpful hand.

So what are you waiting for? Get started today and help make WAKFU a game you completely enjoy in time for our full release in February 2012.

February Launch INFO

SQUARE ENIX AND ANKAMA ANNOUNCE OFFICIAL LAUNCH DATE, MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION FEE AND ONLINE STORE FOR 'WAKFU®'

Tactical MMORPG Will Make Worldwide Debut in February 2012; Premium Content Available for Monthly Subscription Fee and Microtransaction–Based Online Store Will Open at Launch

WAKFU Official World-Wide Launch this February! Logo_wakfu

LOS ANGELES (October 28, 2011) — Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of SQUARE ENIX® interactive entertainment products in the Americas and ANKAMA, an independent digital creation group and developer, today announced that their upcoming tactical massively multiplayer online role–playing game (MMORPG), WAKFU®, will be launching worldwide in February 2012. WAKFU will launch as a free download from the official site at www.wakfu.com/na and include with it a large amount of gameplay content to experience at no cost. In addition, a monthly subscription fee of $6.00 will give players access to premium content, and a microtransaction–based store will allow users to purchase cosmetic items.

"WAKFU's deep political and combat system combined with an ever–changing ecosystem delivers an exceptional MMORPG unlike any other product in its category," said Mona Hamilton, vice president of marketing for Square Enix. "The team at Ankama created a unique, fun and entertaining online game and we believe a monthly subscription fee and online store makes for a rewarding experience all players can enjoy."

With up to 14 distinct, completely customizable character classes to select from and a variety of missions and turn–based combat to engage in, WAKFU takes place in a vibrant and immersive anime art style world where players' choices are paramount and actions directly impact a continuously evolving ecosystem. Featuring a rich political system, players can defend their nation against enemy attacks, conquer new territories, vote, elect government officials and even run for governor!
Back to top Go down
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male
Number of posts : 6807
IGN[Game NickName] : Snow, Nuts, Nut, Snowball, Splash, Snowy
Current Status : Busy at School
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: WAKFU Official World-Wide Launch this February!   WAKFU Official World-Wide Launch this February! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 1:02 am

I heard you'r better off playing Dofus if you'r into these kind of games
But I'm not so I can't judge either one
Back to top Go down
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/8485/1snowflakecardmadebyneoc
Beebo
Commander
Commander

Male

PostSubject: Re: WAKFU Official World-Wide Launch this February!   WAKFU Official World-Wide Launch this February! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 11:51 am

I liked Dofus, gonna join this ^_^
I'm a bit rusty, don't really know the difference between them..

IGN: Miss Kneesocks (testing Osamoda)

Last edited by Beebo on Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Neoyoshi
Grandpa
Grandpa
Neoyoshi

Male

PostSubject: Re: WAKFU Official World-Wide Launch this February!   WAKFU Official World-Wide Launch this February! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 2:08 pm

hehe, are you playing the open beta right now or just waiting until the Live launch?

I'll try adding you if you are in open beta.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WAKFU Official World-Wide Launch this February!   WAKFU Official World-Wide Launch this February! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WAKFU Official World-Wide Launch this February!
Page 1 of 1