Aetherius Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aetherius Network

International multi-gaming guild since 2006.

HomeAetheriusEventsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Come chat with us on Discord! It's where everyone is at now! https://discord.gg/aBSngGf
Check out our Aetherius Network Facebook Page to see upcoming news and/or enter giveaways.
Follow us on Twitter!

Update Details for Late November & Mid December Patch

Go down 
+3
eziowazz
Snow
Shu
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male
Number of posts : 10794
IGN[Game NickName] : Ashura/Iori Yagami
Current Status : Busy at Work
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Update Details for Late November & Mid December Patch Empty
PostSubject: Update Details for Late November & Mid December Patch   Update Details for Late November & Mid December Patch Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 11:55 am

User Interface

Q. Exactly what type of adjustments or additions to the user interface are being planned?
A. Since the game's official release, the development team hascontinued their efforts in designing various new features, as well asretooling and improving existing ones. Currently, we are focusing onaddressing the issues about which players have been most vocal, and arepleased to announce several key changes set to be implemented as soonas next month. The following is a partial list of what we have planned:
–Inventory Sort Feature
The late-November version update will include the addition of a feature that will allow players to sort their inventories.

–Menu Navigation
We are currently working on methods to make navigating the game's menussimpler and more efficient. In the forthcoming version update, we willfocus on improving the Actions & Traits menu, starting byautomating the selection of main/off hand.

In addition to the aforementioned improvements, the following adjustments are also planned:

Map

Players will be able to scroll their maps via dragging the mouse

A player's current coordinates will now be displayed on the main map

A player's current coordinates will now be displayed on journal maps (as long as the player is in the same area)

Players will be able to relay their current coordinates to others using the text command

The area name will be added to journal maps

A journal map feature will be added to the main map

The log window will no longer be hidden when maps are displayed

Log Window and Chat

New tabs will be added to the log window

Players will be able to open multiple log windows

Controller functionality will be added to the log window

Players will be able to use Ctrl+R to send instant replies to /tells

Players will be able to change chat modes via menu options

The Home and End keys will now function in the chat log

For players typing multi-byte characters, starting a new message with "/" will automatically switch the typeset to single byte

Players will be able to adjust the font color for various chat modes

Adjustments will be made to the transparency of the log window when unfocused

Menu

A Loot List icon will be added

A Loot List option will be added to the System Menu

The general layout of several menus will be adjusted

Previously completed quests will now appear in players' journals

Targeting

Adjustments will be made to target priority when using the Tab key to cycle through nearby targets

When targeting a party member, a target mark will now appear next to the target's name in the party member list

Players will be able to target party members via the party member list

Keyboard Settings

Several new functions will be added to the keyboard, such as a key used for targeting NPCs

Players will now be able to re-map all functions to any key (other than Esc)

Looking beyond the late-November versionupdate, the team is also working on introducing drag and dropfunctionality to the Equipment & Gear and Actions & Traitsmenus, map markers indicating the location of party members, a methodto initiate message input in the chat log without having to press thespace bar, and more.

Markets and Retainers

Q. Today's maintenance introduced several changes to the Markets. Are there further changes planned?
A. The Markets have been a hot topic since the game's release,and today's maintenance was the first step in making this featurebetter suited to the needs of the players. With that step we saw theintroduction of a one-click targeting system, making it easier toaccess a retainer's list of wares. We also saw a renaming of the wardscombined with a reduced-tax system aimed to promote a more organizeddistribution of goods, therefore making it easier for players to findthe items they seek.
For our next step, we plan on introducingadditional features to make navigating the Markets even easier. Theseinclude the implementation of a search feature that will not only helpplayers locate items in a Market district, but then display an iconnext to the retainers who have those items, reducing the hassle ofhaving to look through the inventories of retainers who may not havewhat a player seeks.

Return and Teleport Cost

Q. Return andTeleport have made travel within Eorzea quick and easy, but it seemslike I am always running out of anima. Are there any adjustments beingplanned?
A. Yes. The first adjustment, which increased the speed at whichanima regenerates, was implemented during a recent maintenance. Thesecond adjustment, planned for the late-November version update, willsee a significant reduction in the amount of anima required to teleportor return. To be specific, the cost for Returning will be reduced to 1,and halved for Teleportation to one of up to three "favorite" aetherytedestinations designated by the player.

Battle Balance

Q. What is the development team doing in the way of balancing battle?
A. Without straying from our original stance to provide playerswith a feasible means to play solo, we are working on improvements tothe battle system that will make party play just as rewarding. One ofthe reasons players have little motivation to form a party is becausethere are currently few battles that require contriving a detailed planof attack. To rectify this, we are currently conducting adjustments toareas such as enmity distribution rates and Battle Regimen effects. Wewill also be introducing several powerful creatures that will be bettersuited for party-based battles.

Monster Placement

Q. Where are all the monsters?
A. At the time of release, server load issues limited the numberof enemies that could appear in areas where large amounts of PCsgathered, such as aetheryte camps situated near city-states. Toalleviate this, we have increased the number of servers. This, combinedwith the fact that players are moving away from these areas and havebegun to spread out over the world, will now allow us to increase thenumber of enemies roaming the realm.

Guildleves

Q. What changes and additions are planned for guildleves?
A. In the late-November update, we will be adding a new featurethat allows players to adjust levequest difficulty after activating theguildleve. Furthermore, we will also be adding a feature that willallow players to abandon local levequests after accepting them.
The mid-December version update willintroduce many new guildleves; among them special faction leves thatpit players against deadly notorious monsters.

Synthesis

Q. What kind of changes are planned for synthesis?
A. The late-November patch will see adjustments to the requiredranks and difficulty levels of various existing recipes, ensuring thatplayers will have a better chance to successfully create items whenreaching the optimal skill level.
For the mid-December update, we will beadding several new recipes, including ones for crafting new gear. Inaddition, we will be introducing a new feature that will allow playersto select recipes from a list of recently crafted items and recipeslearned through levequests, and set all of the appropriate ingredientswith the touch of a single button, thus making repeated synthesis of asingle item a snap!

Server Load

Q. The lag in some areas is lowering UI and battle response times, making it difficult to play. Why is this happening?
A. Even if a World server is not crowded, a large number ofplayers gathering in a single place would increase server load,adversely affecting gameplay. To alleviate this, we have pinpointedheavy-traffic areas and split up their processing duties over multipleservers, reducing the chances that a single server will becomeoverloaded.
Back to top Go down
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male
Number of posts : 6807
IGN[Game NickName] : Snow, Nuts, Nut, Snowball, Splash, Snowy
Current Status : Busy at School
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Update Details for Late November & Mid December Patch   Update Details for Late November & Mid December Patch Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 6:06 pm

What can I say, Buffie is gonna play healer again XD

Quote: Players will be able to target party members via the party member list
Back to top Go down
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/8485/1snowflakecardmadebyneoc
eziowazz
Trooper
Trooper
eziowazz

Male
Number of posts : 36
IGN[Game NickName] : Ezio WaZZ
Registration date : 2010-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Update Details for Late November & Mid December Patch   Update Details for Late November & Mid December Patch Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 12:08 am

I wish they can balance the ACCURACY!!!! Gladis are all BLIND
Back to top Go down
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male

PostSubject: Re: Update Details for Late November & Mid December Patch   Update Details for Late November & Mid December Patch Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 12:29 am

eziowazz wrote:
I wish they can balance the ACCURACY!!!! Gladis are all BLIND

wish they'd review the class completely

Lower stamina cost of the skills that take up half of your stamina bar
More accuracy o_0
More SP for tanking, give us sp for taking blows or something or for activating block, we'r tanks we don't hit as hard as some dps class :S and we'r not made for that why'd our lvling suffer so much
And all classes should have a basic very slow mp recovery, like 1mp per 10~30~60 sec but it should be there -_-

Aaaaand why do you have Vynchies signature Ezio o_0?
Back to top Go down
eziowazz
Trooper
Trooper
eziowazz

Male
Number of posts : 36
IGN[Game NickName] : Ezio WaZZ
Registration date : 2010-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Update Details for Late November & Mid December Patch   Update Details for Late November & Mid December Patch Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 1:33 am

!!!!
Cuz I didnt kno that I need to Click to open the Spoiler.
I guess u may not understand wht i mean snow lol
Back to top Go down
Hera
Nivy
Nivy
Hera

Female
Number of posts : 1925
IGN[Game NickName] : Vynch
Current Status : Happy
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Update Details for Late November & Mid December Patch   Update Details for Late November & Mid December Patch Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 1:57 am

Snow wrote:
Aaaaand why do you have Vynchies signature Ezio o_0?

Was emo at the lag. So I just made the signature lol.
Back to top Go down
http://burogublog.wordpress.com
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male

PostSubject: Re: Update Details for Late November & Mid December Patch   Update Details for Late November & Mid December Patch Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 9:59 am

umm nope no clue, but you had the exact same siggy that Vynchie's using right now, earlier
Back to top Go down
Buffie
High Priestess
High Priestess
Buffie

Female
Number of posts : 1780
IGN[Game NickName] : Buffie
Current Status : Happy
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Update Details for Late November & Mid December Patch   Update Details for Late November & Mid December Patch Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 5:00 pm

I should sleep til the end of Nov ;p
Back to top Go down
Sakuragi
Raider
Raider
Sakuragi

Male
Number of posts : 950
IGN[Game NickName] : Saku, Sakura, Sakii, Reiss, Zulu
Registration date : 2008-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Update Details for Late November & Mid December Patch   Update Details for Late November & Mid December Patch Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 10:48 pm

FFXIV...HUGE let down.
Back to top Go down
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male

PostSubject: Re: Update Details for Late November & Mid December Patch   Update Details for Late November & Mid December Patch Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 4:24 pm

Sakuragi wrote:
FFXIV...HUGE let down.

Only for those that expected too much, anyone with a bit of sense that played OB would have know that it would start out bad.
Back to top Go down
Airy
Captain
Captain
Airy

Male
Number of posts : 320
IGN[Game NickName] : Airy
Current Status : Normal
Registration date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Update Details for Late November & Mid December Patch   Update Details for Late November & Mid December Patch Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 7:38 am

Hmm guess it was a good thing it fell right in the middle of the assessment period. If it turns out to be polished enough I'll prob join in after exams XD.
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: Update Details for Late November & Mid December Patch   Update Details for Late November & Mid December Patch Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 5:25 pm

hehe airy if u want a polished game u will have to wait a whilelonger.right now game is playable but there is a lot lacking and needto be to address.which will be change down the road.

will be happy to see u in game when u play it with us :)
Back to top Go down
Airy
Captain
Captain
Airy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Update Details for Late November & Mid December Patch   Update Details for Late November & Mid December Patch Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 8:10 am

I think I might. I've realised unless a game is really addictive (haven't found one in the past few years) I'd be happy to play it casually. Even WoW was boring and I didn't even hit 80 because all my friends were addicts >_>. The graphics look nice at least. I'll read up more on it and if it's any good I'll prob play before exams (procrastination tool since I'm bored of the current one haha).
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: Update Details for Late November & Mid December Patch   Update Details for Late November & Mid December Patch Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 11:37 am

right now the game is having so much bad review mainly due to the wayse handle the lunch and neglect the feedback of the players at thestarting of alpha-beta.

frankly if they have place more importance to feedback and reviews fromthe gamers that is staying long term it will have turn out much muchbetter.it is a bad launch but the game is just starting.the end isstill promising and i doubt se will throw down the towel and call itquits.they got too much too lose if they do that.now they need toredeem themselves :)
Back to top Go down
Airy
Captain
Captain
Airy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Update Details for Late November & Mid December Patch   Update Details for Late November & Mid December Patch Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 3:33 pm

Mmmh yeah all the reviews say it's utter crap lol. Gameplay videos don't seem any fun either. In it's current state do you think it's worth playing?

[Edit] Tried ordering it online through the na store but it doesn't seem to ship to australia and EB games wants to charge 108 for the CE edition which is also the only one there >.>. Not paying that much lol.
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: Update Details for Late November & Mid December Patch   Update Details for Late November & Mid December Patch Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 7:31 pm

just buy a standard edition key online to play lol ^^

right now the game is still playable.but lacking in mid/end game content as well as lack of some features and need gui improvement

however the game itself is still pretty fun if u play it casually for now
Back to top Go down
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male

PostSubject: Re: Update Details for Late November & Mid December Patch   Update Details for Late November & Mid December Patch Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 8:11 pm

The store I work at, is selling normal edition for 30 euro lol
Back to top Go down
Airy
Captain
Captain
Airy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Update Details for Late November & Mid December Patch   Update Details for Late November & Mid December Patch Icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 12:37 am

The cheapest so far is at Dick Smiths for 68 or so. EB games such a big rip >.>. After doing more research I think just the gameplay style is too sluggish for me. Not feeling the whole final fantasy battle style haha. Have fun guys! Hopefully the next game you guys choose to play will connect with me more. Missed playing with this community =D.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Update Details for Late November & Mid December Patch   Update Details for Late November & Mid December Patch Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Update Details for Late November & Mid December Patch
Page 1 of 1