Aetherius Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aetherius Network

International multi-gaming guild since 2006.

HomeAetheriusEventsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Come chat with us on Discord! It's where everyone is at now! https://discord.gg/aBSngGf
Check out our Aetherius Network Facebook Page to see upcoming news and/or enter giveaways.
Follow us on Twitter!

Next gen mmo not so next gen

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male
Number of posts : 6807
IGN[Game NickName] : Snow, Nuts, Nut, Snowball, Splash, Snowy
Current Status : Busy at School
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Next gen mmo not so next gen Empty
PostSubject: Next gen mmo not so next gen   Next gen mmo not so next gen Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 11:46 pm

Ok so here's my point of vieuw on the upcoming 100s of mmos.

Most of the new ones that will come and are supposed to be next gen, going to implement the console/active combat system etc.
But there are already a few not so high on graphics, budget or gameplay mmos out there that have this kind of combat system/gameplay.

So in fact the thing that the big next gen games are going to improve is only a small upgrade of what we already can get right now.
On top of that there will be 10s of BIG next gen games coming out within 2 years, and most of them are based on the same kind of system. Which means after playing 1 the rest won't feel as next gen anymore.

Now the real next gen game would be a game that is already trying to set the generation that is going to come after the so called current next gen games but then right now.
Back to top Go down
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/8485/1snowflakecardmadebyneoc
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male
Number of posts : 10794
IGN[Game NickName] : Ashura/Iori Yagami
Current Status : Busy at Work
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Next gen mmo not so next gen   Next gen mmo not so next gen Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 12:58 am

hehe u got a point there.

frankly after i tested w3k and know how arcade style mmo works.the new gen mmo wont surprised me much anymore.i do know they will have much better graphics and content compare to w3k but there is a limit on the number of mmo i will try.new gen or not.....right now i dont see much difference between tera,c9,blade & soul,dragonball online or mabinogi heroes since they all gonna used the same arcade style blend of mmorpg in combat.the thing now that set them apart from one another is other content,graphics and feature in my view.that will be how i pick which mmo to even test next year.....i dont really care if they call themselves new gen mmo or not

right now i think b&s have the edge since it have nice graphics and so far well executed combat moves and classes.frankly i will play it even if it is not arcade style mmo.dragonball i will try just cos of the name it implies ^^

the others will depends on timing they are out.if they collide with the mmo of my choices i will not even bother to test them heh

right now i think the real next gen mmo will be the one that have virtual helm in the future.where one only need to use their thoughts or brainwave to play in game while laying on the bed or the one that Microsoft xbox is trying to pull with Project Natal where we can use actions irl to play the game(but that technology is still in its infancy stage and will take a long time to see really impressive progress)
Back to top Go down
Regalis
Commander
Commander
Regalis

Male
Number of posts : 1438
IGN[Game NickName] : Regalis, FxArch, Ashlan, Denna
Current Status : Happy
Registration date : 2008-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Next gen mmo not so next gen   Next gen mmo not so next gen Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 5:08 am

Then play FFXIV bitch Next gen mmo not so next gen 15509 The Armory makes me drool Next gen mmo not so next gen 874604
Back to top Go down
http://www.cebt-tribe.com
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: Next gen mmo not so next gen   Next gen mmo not so next gen Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 7:08 am

hehe yeah i will ^^

long term ffxiv for content and community but i want to find one long term for pvp also

so far b&s & dragonball is looking good.but then maybe new mmo by blizzard will be out by then.blizzard manage games better then ncsoft that is for sure even tot i dont like wow.but if they have a new mmo i will check it out.
Back to top Go down
Regalis
Commander
Commander
Regalis

Male

PostSubject: Re: Next gen mmo not so next gen   Next gen mmo not so next gen Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 7:17 am

Well I tend to agree that the MMORPG developers are going for quantity rather then quality. I haven't found a single (next gen) MMORPG that I liked other then FFXIV. More then likely I'll stick to Diablo 3 and play some RTS/shooters online for my daily dose of ass kicking. The MMORG world just can't provide enough quality when we are talking about pvp. At least not now...
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: Next gen mmo not so next gen   Next gen mmo not so next gen Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 7:21 am

i will not give up looking for a good pvp mmorpg so easily pffft=p
Back to top Go down
Regalis
Commander
Commander
Regalis

Male

PostSubject: Re: Next gen mmo not so next gen   Next gen mmo not so next gen Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 7:23 am

That's why you're so awesome Next gen mmo not so next gen 1331 Next gen mmo not so next gen 903654
Back to top Go down
Neoyoshi
Grandpa
Grandpa
Neoyoshi

Male
Number of posts : 1711
IGN[Game NickName] : Neoyoshi
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: Next gen mmo not so next gen   Next gen mmo not so next gen Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 10:28 am

Ashura wrote:
hehe u got a point there.

frankly after i tested w3k and know how arcade style mmo works.the new gen mmo wont surprised me much anymore.i do know they will have much better graphics and content compare to w3k but there is a limit on the number of mmo i will try.new gen or not.....right now i dont see much difference between tera,c9,blade & soul,dragonball online or mabinogi heroes since they all gonna used the same arcade style blend of mmorpg in combat.the thing now that set them apart from one another is other content,graphics and feature in my view.that will be how i pick which mmo to even test next year.....i dont really care if they call themselves new gen mmo or not

right now i think b&s have the edge since it have nice graphics and so far well executed combat moves and classes.frankly i will play it even if it is not arcade style mmo.dragonball i will try just cos of the name it implies ^^

the others will depends on timing they are out.if they collide with the mmo of my choices i will not even bother to test them heh

right now i think the real next gen mmo will be the one that have virtual helm in the future.where one only need to use their thoughts or brainwave to play in game while laying on the bed or the one that Microsoft xbox is trying to pull with Project Natal where we can use actions irl to play the game(but that technology is still in its infancy stage and will take a long time to see really impressive progress)

W3k seemed like a not-so-great example of next generation game-play; though for it's style of game it was meant to be, i can't complain to much about it, it just seemed out-side of the mainstream gaming mechanic.

And i have to agree with what you have to say relating to what type of content these games are offering, i don't really see much difference either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next gen mmo not so next gen   Next gen mmo not so next gen Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Next gen mmo not so next gen
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aetherius Network  :: Announcements :: General Games/MMORPGs News-
Jump to: