Aetherius Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aetherius Network

International multi-gaming guild since 2006.

HomeAetheriusEventsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Come chat with us on Discord! It's where everyone is at now! https://discord.gg/aBSngGf
Check out our Aetherius Network Facebook Page to see upcoming news and/or enter giveaways.
Follow us on Twitter!

FFXIV staff predictions and the interview with Opone Kikuchi

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male
Number of posts : 10794
IGN[Game NickName] : Ashura/Iori Yagami
Current Status : Busy at Work
Registration date : 2008-03-31

FFXIV staff predictions and the interview with Opone Kikuchi Empty
PostSubject: FFXIV staff predictions and the interview with Opone Kikuchi   FFXIV staff predictions and the interview with Opone Kikuchi Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 9:34 pm

A Japanese magzine has posted an article about FFXIV staff predictions and the interview with Opone Kikuchi. There are also reader responses to questions posted online by Connect!On. Here we would like to thank SteveManly, Aya and Noctis from FFXIVCore.COM for their translation. Enjoy the read!

Final Fantasy XIV - Gamescom Off Screen Gameplay

More FFXIV Videoes

Section 1: Defeating animals and getting materials

Connect!On Staff Predictions
Are animals and "monsters" different?

Mainai: Seems a lot like farming crafting materials in FFXI.
Talu: However, it seems this time different prey will have different movements and special characteristics, so you have to stay on your toes, even when farming.
Mainai: One thing I noticed was that the animals aren't considered to be evil in this game.
Talu: In FFXI, almost all enemies were considered "monsters." These animals for hunting could just be one type of enemy.
Mainai: Seems each class has a different distance at which they are most effective. What could this distance mean?
Talu: I believe this means that, for example, lancers would attack with the shaft of their weapons unless they were far enough away to stab.
Mainai: I bet a spear's stabbing attack would be stronger than its blunt attack!

Final Fantasy XIV - new monsters
Click here for full image

Section 2: Craft have "characteristics?"

Talu: How do you think classes of crafters such as alchemists and are characteristic?
Minai: I think there are special talents which are set especially for productivity such as characteristic job in FFXI. For instance, culinarians can learn how to keep food materials longer or like that. Other than that, maybe there are command abilities that you can use from time to time. Like, while activating that skill can lessen the waste from failing producing.
Talu: You can earn Gills not only by producing weapons but also through fixing damaged items. This is so great that there are more ways to get money!
Minai: There must be NPCs who can fix weapons and shields in town. So it'd be better to fix things outside of towns to earn money.
Talu: There might be more needs around Aetherite. You may get customers by shouting "I can fix leathers for you guys! Just five gil to fix!"

Final Fantasy XIV - Aldgoat

Section 3: Producing and then Sell Completed Items

Kill some wild creatures to collect materials and also go and get materials you need from markets. You have to get all the stuff you need to start producing. We'll introduce an example from "Activity of Amalia" which was released from Square Enix to show you the process from producing to selling. Let's imagine how fun it'd be through producing!

1. Going out to get materials

What is the difference between Markets and Stands?
Mainai: In FFXIV, items are usually dealt at markets. What are markets?
Talu: I assume that it'd not be auction style. I think items will be automatically dealt with certain price.
Mainai: So, even if you sell rare items, they won't be sold more than at certain price.
Talu: Yeah, basically. However, some items can not be too expensive like in FFXI.
Mainai: But then what to do with rare special items?
Talu: Here you have Stands. Buyers and customers can meet up and talk about price there. You can establish a stand like TOTO Shop according to item you wish to sell. I think you can name Stands as you like, so you can name it "Rare Items Shop" and you can get lots of adventurers who are looking for rare items.
Mainai: I see. So you need good names for shop to get more customers.

Final Fantasy XIV - Culinarian

2. Choose place to produce
You need facilities for producing!

Talu: I'd assume that in facilities of Guild, you can get support for fusing like in FFXI.
Mainai: I believe there're more than that. Because, you will need facilities for production along with materials and crystals.
Talu: So, like you need to use some facilities like oven after you prepared crystals?
Mainai: Yeah, so I think you can not make anything complicated at camps.
Talu: Exactly. Plus you might need help from friends or natural phenomenon to produce some time.
Mainai: Guildleave might have something to do with help from friends. I am more interested in natural phenomenon though. It sounds like the weather and climate would influence the outcome!
Talu: I am interested in Camp Bradshore. Maybe this is one of a name for Aetherite.

Final Fantasy XIV on Japanese magazine

3. Decide which tool to use
Tools have Elements too?

Mainai: So it's like, use Ignis pan, heat it then you can make sautees. If you use the chicken knife to cut materials, will you get sashimi?
Talu: Yeah, I think so. They must be categorized like "heating" and "cutting" stuff like that to each tool. Therefore you need certain tool for certain genres of food.
Mainai: Even if tools have same elements, different tools must have different skills. This is also interesting.
Talu: oh and equipments also influence production.
Mainai: Well, then, like.... if you wear baker's hat, you will be good at cooking sweets. Wear sushi cook's uniform then you are skillful at fish. Am I imaging too much?

4. Start Cooking!
Involving Actions!?

Mainai: I wonder if you only have to click a name of recipe then you can cook automatically. Since you don't have to pick all the materials for that, it would be way easier.
Talu: I am interested in "measuring with eyes." Imaging from the word, I think you can also decide how many items you cook.
Mainai: so if you want to make more, just put more ingredients?
Talu:Yeah. Plus, I think as you produce more, your skill gets higher. Then you don't have to repeat the process of skill up like in FFXI.
Mainai:But, it'd be difficult to adjust fire when you cook a lot I assume?
Talu: It'd be nice if some action is involved in adjusting fire.
Mainai: Like fishing in FFXI?
Talu: Yeah, simple like that'd be great!

Final Fantasy XIV - Culinarian

5. Selling Items
Selling Products at Stands…?

Mainai: Is there any merits selling non-rare items at Stands? I guess markets are way easier since you can have other people do that.
Talu: Yeah. It'd be time-consuming if you are to sell items by yourself. Maybe, this is my opinion, but, if you succeed in selling your own products, your productivity skill would get improved.
Mainai: You mean, you can skill up without using crystals or materials. Yeah, sounds like good deal.
Talu:And it'd be great for discounting. So if you want skill up, maybe you can have huge discounts like TOTO shop.
Talu: There would be some restrictions to prevent them from happening. For instance, the skill you can get is limited or some rules like that.

Special Questions
Interview with Opone

Opone Kikuchi, our reporter at August's Gamescom, answered a lot of questions from our readers.
Q: How did you feel about seeing FFXIV in motion for the first time? -Kaeru
A: Even before I touched the keyboard, my entire body was shaking with excitement!
Q: What did you feel was really impressive when you got to play? –Okka
A: Definitely the battle. There are a lot of aspects that can go into a player's battle strategy, like how to handle an enemy that tries to get a positional advantage during battle.
Q: What did you think about the scenery? –hocuto
A: It was incredibly detailed. Even so, the staff present at the time told me this wasn't even close to what the finished product will be!
Q: How was my beloved Miqo'te?! –Rhye
A: Their expressions were dangerously cute. I think the Lalafell and Miqo'te expressions were exaggerated a bit more than those of the Hyurans.
Q: Does the FFXIV layout seem easy to get used to? –suim
A: I think it will be really easy to get used to. Like other next-generation games, the screen is quite wide and there is plenty of room for everything.

Final Fantasy XIV - A Day in the Life of a Chef

Special Questions
Interview with Opone (Part 2)

Q: The action aspect of the game seems stronger than that of FFXI. What do you think about that? –Anonymous
A: The game doesn't have an attack or evade button like most action games, so it doesn't have the same feeling. Since the battle is done by selecting icons, so it's like a command battle format.
Q: Describe the FFXIV world poetically! –inoki
A: It's like a touching a chick that's just hatched. It feels so light and fluffy.
Q: What do you think the recommended specs for the PC version will be? –Talu
A: This is just my personal hypothesis, but I think to play it without needed to lower the details, you might need a quadcore or better multicore CPU. Recent PC progress is way too fast from year to year…
Q: How is FFXIV different from FFXI? –Rin
A: There are a lot of things that seem borrowed from FFXI, but I think it's still pretty different.
Q: Is it difficult to control the characters using macros? –Dotter
A: Battle commands have been simplified to just a few commands, so the battles are much simpler to control.
Q: Was there anything about the play screen that caught your eye? –Anonymous
A: The version that I played was similar to FFXI in that the chat and battle logs were in the same window. I wondered if these will be able to be separated at a later date.
Q: Was there a monster that really impressed you? –Hage
A: From the puk and its detailed wings to the nuteaters that ran in the middle of battle, I noticed that FFXIV's monsters really know how to move.
Q: How were the authentic German sausages? –Supposed to be a genius
A: Amazing, and so big! I ate them every day.
Q: Was the beer good? –Ranma
A: There is a famous local beer called Kölsch. It's a bit fruity and easy to drink, so I drank it every day!

Final Fantasy XIV screenshots

Reader Answers to Connect! On Questionair

Question 1:
Q, Please detail into the following to classes (Lancer, Bower)
It is important to note the distance between the Lancer and the enemy. How would you put it, it is pretty stood out.
- Lancer is fit for mid-long range battles. They are the master for hit and out lol.
- Lancer's ability isn't limited to simply poking with lance, they can use the whole body of the lance to sweep multiple enemies also.
- Bower will attack from the shadow in stealth. With out exposing his/her position and hit the enemy before they even realize it!
- You can also you use lance as throwing weapon to hit bird type monsters
- It must feel good to be able to hit flying type monster with bow and arrow.
- Use the lance to clear out multiple monsters fast by sweeping!

Question 2:
Q, What kind of items can be made from the above materials? (picture)
Velociraptor's Claw, most likely people will think it's something used to make weapons or armors. Some even said "it looks like it can be made into a cooking knife".
- Steak from Aldgoat's Shoulder Meat, just thinking about it is already tasty. Add in some Eorzea style's special sauce, don't you want to eat that also?
- The sharp knuckle of Velociraptor's Claw will be used to make a good hand to hand fighting weapon!
- Some instrument such as the horn will most likely require material such as Aldgoat's Horn.
- Velociraptor's Claw looks like it can be made into the arrowhead used on poison arrows.
- Stag's Horn -> Tableware accessory lol

Final Fantasy XIV - Tanner

Question 3:
Q, What kind of image did crafter's look left in you? What kind of item you would like to create in game?
People in general thought Tailor and Cook stood out the most, also there are a lot of answers that showed desire of creating ridable mech that will fit into the world of [FFXIV].
- Become the ultimate Tailor, walking the front edge of the style and fashion. It's my dream to finish this fall's wear! loll
- Create some mech like bike, speeding in the beautiful landscape of the fields in FFXIV
- With great graphics like this (FFXIV), I feel that we will be able to create very detailed designer dresses.
- To be able to repair weapon that's damaged on the spot. there will be a lot people that will take up smith simply for this.
- Breed familiar/pet that's useful, something like carrier pigeon or dog that will buy stuff for you.
- To create statue, something like the pyramid or sphinx that will last for a long time.
- Cosplay clothing that's older FF games.
- To become Alchemist, create some weird medicine. Find the Prophet's Stone in Eorzea!
- To create Maid's cloth and Bikini…
- Will cooks be able to create salt ramen? loll
- To bring tailor to it's limit as it's something I also like to do in real life.
- Create design for towns and even a whole nation.
- Pure japanese style shrines.
- Uniform limited to only certain members
- Create dungeon map and sell them.

Question 4:
Q, What kind of other crafters would you like to be available?
Surprising amount of users wrote in that they wish there's a class that will be able to change the appearance of the adventurers.
- Airship Mechanics, to maintain airships!
- Leather workers, who can create boots to increase movement speed.
- Someone who can treasure hunt, like a thief. To create thieve's tools!
- To change the item pattern of an item.
- To change the hair style of others, beautician!
- Carpenter who can create big structures.
- Teleporter, who can teleport others.
- Trainer that can train and breed chocobos.
- Business man, good at making deals and being a weasel.
- Hiker, with high skill to be able to short cut through some mountain ranges.

Final Fantasy XIV - Weaver

Question 5:
Q, What's something that you liked about the process of making something?
People are really focusing on the system for FFXIV, especially the parts about weapon and armor durability.
- Different material will definitely produce different items, maybe for an old material, only entry level item will be made?
- It'd be nice to be able to create multiple items with a simple click of one button as long as all the materials are there already.
- Not only applied to weapons or food, maybe even buildings or other structures will weather with the pass of time.
- If auction is to be existed, to prevent fraud pricing, we'll need a baseline price to go by.
- To have market opened by guilds, this way materials will be moved fast to the right person that wants it.

Question 6:
Q, Make up some nick names for the 8 races. (this section really plays with the japanese language, so it probably won't matter for english speakers)
Mostly it's Miko-chan, Rara-chan. there are some other cute names that stood out. Most likely all the races' name will be abbreviated in the game.
- Hyur, Lalafell, Miqo'te, Roegadyn -> hyura, rara, miko, ruga
- Lalafell -> rarachi cute eh?
- Roegadyn -> "PE Teacher"!
- Miqo'te-san, Always with the "san"
- Miko (Shrine maiden), Miqo'te nick name.
- Miqo'te will be called by some as "nantsutte" (which means… well, nothing particular, kinda has a "just kidding" meaning though). It will be the in thing for Oyaji (old man) to do!

Back to top Go down
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male
Number of posts : 6807
IGN[Game NickName] : Snow, Nuts, Nut, Snowball, Splash, Snowy
Current Status : Busy at School
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV staff predictions and the interview with Opone Kikuchi   FFXIV staff predictions and the interview with Opone Kikuchi Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 11:08 pm

I wonder if by the time FFXIV is out, not too pricy quadcore lappys ll be out lol.

This is just my personal hypothesis, but I think to play it without
needed to lower the details, you might need a quadcore or better
multicore CPU.
Back to top Go down
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/8485/1snowflakecardmadebyneoc
Regalis
Commander
Commander
Regalis

Male
Number of posts : 1438
IGN[Game NickName] : Regalis, FxArch, Ashlan, Denna
Current Status : Happy
Registration date : 2008-11-11

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV staff predictions and the interview with Opone Kikuchi   FFXIV staff predictions and the interview with Opone Kikuchi Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 7:36 am

A good dual core can easily out perform a quad core in terms of gaming potential. That's because most games can't take full advantage of the quad cores yet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cebt-tribe.com
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male
Number of posts : 10794
IGN[Game NickName] : Ashura/Iori Yagami
Current Status : Busy at Work

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV staff predictions and the interview with Opone Kikuchi   FFXIV staff predictions and the interview with Opone Kikuchi Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 7:47 am

well ffxiv can.they already say pre advance that ff xiv will be high req for best graphics heh
Back to top Go down
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male
Number of posts : 6807
IGN[Game NickName] : Snow, Nuts, Nut, Snowball, Splash, Snowy
Current Status : Busy at School
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV staff predictions and the interview with Opone Kikuchi   FFXIV staff predictions and the interview with Opone Kikuchi Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 2:10 pm

Reg, stop sticking to the past, ofcourse all those games from 1995 that you play don't need quadcore...
But this is FFXIV not FFIII
Back to top Go down
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/8485/1snowflakecardmadebyneoc
Regalis
Commander
Commander
Regalis

Male
Number of posts : 1438
IGN[Game NickName] : Regalis, FxArch, Ashlan, Denna
Registration date : 2008-11-11

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV staff predictions and the interview with Opone Kikuchi   FFXIV staff predictions and the interview with Opone Kikuchi Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 4:19 pm

Snow wrote:
Reg, stop sticking to the past, ofcourse all those games from 1995 that you play don't need quadcore...
But this is FFXIV not FFIII
I'm getting old q___q
Back to top Go down
http://www.cebt-tribe.com
mina
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
mina

Female
Number of posts : 3326

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV staff predictions and the interview with Opone Kikuchi   FFXIV staff predictions and the interview with Opone Kikuchi Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 4:23 am

Back to top Go down
https://aeth.darkbb.com
Neoyoshi
Grandpa
Grandpa
Neoyoshi

Male
Number of posts : 1711
IGN[Game NickName] : Neoyoshi
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV staff predictions and the interview with Opone Kikuchi   FFXIV staff predictions and the interview with Opone Kikuchi Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 2:22 pm

I'm not even going to attempt to run this game on my PC, though i think it shouldn't have a problem handling it in general; but i would most definitely worry less if i simply plaed the Ps3 version - plus my HDTV is much bigger then my PC monitor, hehe.

FFXIV staff predictions and the interview with Opone Kikuchi Image10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV staff predictions and the interview with Opone Kikuchi   FFXIV staff predictions and the interview with Opone Kikuchi Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FFXIV staff predictions and the interview with Opone Kikuchi
Page 1 of 1