Aetherius Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aetherius Network

International multi-gaming guild since 2006.

HomeAetheriusEventsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Come chat with us on Discord! It's where everyone is at now! https://discord.gg/aBSngGf
Check out our Aetherius Network Facebook Page to see upcoming news and/or enter giveaways.
Follow us on Twitter!

Allods Online

Go down 
+14
Akuma
Pyrrhus
Ghostbandit
Cilreve
Anemone
xCainx
ReAr
Supamoe
Neoyoshi
AxLR0Se
Shu
Beebo
Forseti
Hobby
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male
Number of posts : 10794
IGN[Game NickName] : Ashura/Iori Yagami
Current Status : Busy at Work
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Allods Online - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Allods Online   Allods Online - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 10:47 pm

Allods Online - Page 2 Os843allods580

While several portions of Allods Online bear some similarity to World of Warcraft, there are places like this beautiful airship where they've clearly done their own thing art-wise. Today's great Allods Online screenshot comes to us from regular Massively commenter Pedro (the other Pedro) who tells us a bit more about this scenic view: This is one the Astral ships of the League. Later in Allods every player will be able to have his own ship, navigate in the Astral (the space of the game) and participate in ship versus ship PvP. Should make for some interesting battles!
Back to top Go down
Cilreve
Slave
Slave
Cilreve

Male
Number of posts : 256
IGN[Game NickName] : Cilreve/Cilosin/Inoue/Cilrean
Current Status : Busy at School
Registration date : 2010-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Allods Online   Allods Online - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 11:40 pm

I'm quite surprised with this game. It is really fun to play and it has fantastic graphics. I had to turn them way down, but that mainly because I don't have a gaming computer, just a normal working computer. There are almost TOO many quests to do. I think it is the Imperial side is like quest overload...can't get away from them all. Better than not enough and massive grinding I guess.
Back to top Go down
Ghostbandit
Trooper
Trooper
Ghostbandit

Male
Number of posts : 28
IGN[Game NickName] : Ghostbandit
Registration date : 2010-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Allods Online   Allods Online - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 7:52 am

if only the combat didnt make me want to pull my hair out...ive gotten lvl 10-15 with 5 different classes now. I dont think ill be playing it much when it hits OB.
Back to top Go down
Pyrrhus
Captain
Captain
Pyrrhus

Male
Number of posts : 100
IGN[Game NickName] : Pyrrhus/Kururu
Current Status : Active
Registration date : 2010-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Allods Online   Allods Online - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 6:57 pm

With the new fear of death or whatever when u die .. pvp has gotten very sucky =/
Back to top Go down
Akuma
Captain
Captain
Akuma

Male
Number of posts : 188
IGN[Game NickName] : Akiuma
Current Status : Normal
Registration date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Allods Online   Allods Online - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 1:58 am

fear of death + fear?
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: Allods Online   Allods Online - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 9:14 pm

The Allods Online fourth closed beta test ends tomorrow, Feb. 10, but it looks like you won't have to wait very long to get back into the free-to-play MMO. The team just announced that the open beta will go live on Feb. 16. Keys will not be required to enter the open beta, which will give players access to all current content through level 40.

You can sign up and download the client through the game's official site, which just got a revamp. If you haven't tried out the MMO yet, be sure to check out episode 10 and episode 12 of our BFF Report to get a first-hand look at Allods Online.

Back to top Go down
LordOfSkulls
Commander
Commander
LordOfSkulls

Number of posts : 523
Registration date : 2008-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Allods Online   Allods Online - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 1:11 pm

i be trying out the game during the time i wait between Aika to come out i think is a good pass time =)
Back to top Go down
Regalis
Commander
Commander
Regalis

Male
Number of posts : 1438
IGN[Game NickName] : Regalis, FxArch, Ashlan, Denna
Current Status : Happy
Registration date : 2008-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Allods Online   Allods Online - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 6:42 pm

Allods Online is quite nice.
I played the beta's a lot and the classes, races and gameplay is quite unique.

Considering that I almost diss every new MMORPG (still loving everquest and NWN) that's saying quite a lot xD
Back to top Go down
http://www.cebt-tribe.com
LordOfSkulls
Commander
Commander
LordOfSkulls

Number of posts : 523
Registration date : 2008-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Allods Online   Allods Online - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 3:10 pm

Well if game coming out tomorrow i am wondering, as AN what side we choosing?

XD i am little bit leaning towards Empire cause i like how their Priests look ;P

and Stalkers (scouts) like commandos ;)
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: Allods Online   Allods Online - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 9:02 pm

think open beta have started :)

good luck to anyone playing it and have fun ^^
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: Allods Online   Allods Online - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 8:34 pm

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/414/view/news/read/16276/Allods-Online-Item-Mall-Opened-Prices-Stir-Uproar.html

from shu:this is why i worry about aika cash mail being the same heh.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
gPotato opened Allods Online's cash shop today, and players are not happy, not happy at all! The prices for a number of items on the cash shop are a bit on the steep side, to put it lightly. For example, upgrading your bag space with six additional slots (from 18-24) will set you back $20.

From browsing the various complaints it sounds like players would have to pony up $1 for every hour of PvP they wish to participate in and $13.50 for 10 hours of raid time. I don't have much experience with F2P games, but I definitely wouldn't open up my wallet at those prices.

How about you? Let us know in the comments below!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to top Go down
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male
Number of posts : 6807
IGN[Game NickName] : Snow, Nuts, Nut, Snowball, Splash, Snowy
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Allods Online   Allods Online - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 8:50 pm

lol, the sad thing is there are people that can just open up their cash shower and not worry about it, but then again high CS prices do mean, less people will have that much OP CS stuff, but countering that the few that can afford (or can't but still do lol) will have a huge adventage above average player, including above average CS user too
Back to top Go down
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/8485/1snowflakecardmadebyneoc
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: Allods Online   Allods Online - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 8:57 pm

ya i am more interested in p2p mmo lately due to this heh.i spend more money in f2p mmo compare to p2p if i want to have the same edge as cash mail buyers in some f2p mmo ^^

good thing i heard aika should not have much unbalance stuff in mail compare to allods which i heard have stuff that unbalance game like in RoM

but then gpotato might still make changes to aika mail that we dread lolz.
Back to top Go down
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male

PostSubject: Re: Allods Online   Allods Online - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 9:09 pm

Where there's CS there is gonna be unbalance, and the devs take it further every time.
RoM started out not that bad at all, you could actually be on even grounds with CS buyers, even though they got the upgrade of their equipment done faster, when the CS just was out that was pretty much it. It made them get there faster but still catchable.

But they add more OP stuff, more need for upgrades, more possibilities for upgrades eventually, giving CS users such an edge because they got ALL OF IT faster, that they were practically not catchable by non CS users.

Although players like Axl still managed to keep up decently, they were outclassed/outgeared in matters of days or even hours, while it sometimes took non CS hardcore players weeks to get it.

And by the time the non CSers get to the point where they can compete with CS users on somewhat equal terms, there is more stuff out there that makes the non CSers gears usless right away, competition wise, cuz the CS users get all the new gear upgraded in matters of days and for the non CSers it means months of getting that gear, and then same stuff repeating.

Only non CSers that manage to compete, or even win these fights, are the ones that stay long long term in a game, and keep working on their funds even in times that they don't need those, and the game CS has to allow some kind of trade of CS for those non CSers to be on even grounds.

All with all, simply said if you want to be at the top of the top, in an f2p game it means you have to use CS, because CS users now days are not only some rich noobs, but also pro players.

And having a pro player with CS adventage means an evenly pro player without CS is still at an disadventage.

This means that to be at the top of the top you gotta spend more then a p2p game would cost you EVEN if you were buying gold in the p2p game. Because in a p2p game you'r not limited to getting some gear, it might be hard but that's it for everyone, and the best gear is often not buyable, and there are no such things as CS boosts to power up your gear.

Omg didn't expect to type so much
Grr, damn CS screwing up some good games that r out there
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: Allods Online   Allods Online - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 9:20 pm

hehe ya nowadays as long as the cs price is reasonable or they have alternative in game to allow non cs user to complete with cs user like making cs items trade-able will already be consider good.
Back to top Go down
much
Trooper
Trooper
much

Male
Number of posts : 21
IGN[Game NickName] : much
Registration date : 2010-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Allods Online   Allods Online - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 10:27 pm

anyone play it?
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: Allods Online   Allods Online - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 5:01 am

Alllods Online entered open beta worldwide on Tuesday, February 16, 2010. The developers have been steadily adding mechanics that upset many beta-players, but the straw that broke the camel's back was the introduction of the spectacularly over-priced Item/Cash shop.

Some of the higher-priced items, were listed as such:
# Perfume x 1 = 75c
# Perfume x 20 = $13.50
# 24 Slot Bag x 1 = $20.00

Allods item/cash shop

Perfumes allow players to PvP and raid, for about half an hour. A set of twenty allow players to raid and PvP for a mere ten hours. Their function doesn't end there, though. Perfumes are also used to remove the "Fear of Death" (FoD) status, a de-buff that penalizes players for dying by lowering their offensive stats by 25%. Worse still, the effect stacks. Lastly, Perfumes are also powerful buffs, meaning they are incredibly potent and useful (to the point of being over-powered).

The average pay-to-play subscription is about $14.95, and gives players access to all the PvP, PvE, bags, mounts, and content players want, and month of playtime. A critical gamer can satisfy their MMO needs for a much more reasonable price elsewhere.

Players were absolutely furious at the pricing, especially when compared to the Russian versions pricing model, which is estimated to be some ten times cheaper. They didn't not hesitate to voice there thoughts on the gPotato forums.

Since the cash shops' opening the Allods Team has made an official statement regarding the issue:

"Over the next several weeks we will continue to evaluate the details of our item shop and we will begin to introduce new items to help assist you throughout your Allods experience. We wanted to make clear that beyond the introduction of the item shop nothing has changed in Allods that wouldn’t allow you to enjoy the game just as much as you did during closed beta. You can still enjoy the entire game without ever having to spend a single cent. Additionally, many of the items available in the item shop are tradable in-game, appear through a number of quests, and can be auctioned off by other players."

While it certainly sounds nice to hear from the developers regarding the matter, how they address the cash-shop remains to be seen. Unfortunately, the Allods Team also addressed the "Fear of Death" complaints in a lengthy statement that can be summarized simply as "we'll look into it". The same statement also mentions that the FoD mechanic was introduced to supplement the Cash-Shop, which is very disconcerting.

We will just have to wait and see what changes the Allods Team actually makes. The recently released Russian Patch Notes for Allods Online suggests that the cash-shop pricing for Perfumes (called Incense) has been reduced (again, in Russia). Of course, the item is already me ten times cheaper than it is in the U.S. Whether this translates into more inexpensive items in the States remains to be seen.
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: Allods Online   Allods Online - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 7:47 pm

http://allods-forum.gpotato.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9434&sid=fe35c0b3ba3a3c7de0058511f5e4352a&start=10

lol the boycott have started.i wonder when that thread will be locked or removed ^^
Back to top Go down
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male

PostSubject: Re: Allods Online   Allods Online - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 11:41 pm

What can I say:

Quote:
"$65,800 if you want to make a level 10 rune

like half a mill if you want a set of runed up gear"
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: Allods Online   Allods Online - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 2:35 pm

shu:i guess causing a big commotion does get some actions done afterall if u do it right heh.

As we reported, many Allods Online players were shocked last week when they visited the new item shop and found that the prices were pretty high. gPotato quickly apologized to the community for its lack of communication and stated that it will "evaluate the details" of the shop. In response, the company just issued another announcement that provides more details on the issue and asks for feedback from players.

According to the post, gPotato is "actively working on new pricing options to accommodate the masses. However, we ask the Allods community to please be patient with the situation! Adjustments like this cannot happen overnight." The team has started a feedback thread that gives players a chance to give constructive criticism on the item shop. The thread will be checked on an hourly basis.

Also, gPotato uses the announcement to debunk rumors that the original Astrum Nival developers are no longer involved in Allods. The company confirms that "the original vision of Allods Online is still being followed by the developers." You can read all the details after the jump.

Over the last several days, the Allods team has been spending a lot of time listening to player feedback. We’ve noticed that two of the biggest topics this weekend have been regarding rumors of Astrum Nival remaining as the developers for Allods and what our future plans are for the item shop. We wanted to take a moment to address these topics and clear up some of the general questions many of you may have.

The original Astrum Nival developers are no longer involved in Allods!

False!

The original development team for Allods Online is still 100% involved in developing Allods.

To provide everyone insight on the situation let’s take a trip down memory lane. The developers for Allods Online were originally known as Nival Online. On July 6th, 2009 Nival Online merged with Astrum Online Entertainment and became what most people know them as, Astrum Nival. Then on December 1st, 2009, Mail.ru merged with Astrum Online Entertainment. Astrum Online Entertainment operates Astrum Nival, the development studio which developed our beloved game, Allods Online.

In any case, the original developers are intact – they just have a new company name. The original vision of Allods Online is still being followed by the developers. Allods Online is in great hands and is being actively developed!

Item shop prices are overpriced, what is gPotato doing about this?

As we mentioned in our official statement last week, the Allods team is well aware of the situation. We can’t apologize enough for the stir and shock it’s caused within the community and the lack of communication we had beforehand with not evolving you, the players, in our decision making process.

We want to make clear that this is something we are not taking lightly. We are not sitting and waiting just to see how many dollars we’re going to make over the next four weeks. It is very clear to us that players are already disgruntled with the situation and we are actively working on new pricing options to accommodate the masses. However, we ask the Allods community to please be patient with the situation! Adjustments like this cannot happen overnight. That’s why we continually encourage everyone to submit constructive feedback to us regarding your opinion about both the game and the item shop. In fact, we started a forum thread that we will be checking on an hourly basis here.

The Allods team works hard on this game and loves it just as much as many of you do. When we see a problem we want to address it and take the most appropriate actions that make sense for both the players and the game. With that said, we encourage everyone to voice your opinion, even if it’s about something you absolutely hate, just please do so in a constructive manner.

Thank you everyone for your continued support! As we’ve said many times, the Allods fans are some of the best gamers in the world – we really appreciate that!Allods Online - Page 2 FaviconAllods Online - Page 2 FaviconAllods Online - Page 2 Wiki-favicon-sharpenedAllods Online - Page 2 FaviconAllods Online - Page 2 Favicon

Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: Allods Online   Allods Online - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 3:00 pm

After entering open beta test, Allods developers have been steadily adding mechanics that upset many beta-players, but the straw that broke the camel's back was the introduction of the spectacularly over-priced Item/Cash shop. gPotato responded to players' complaint and now they made revisions to a majority of the item shop. The changes will go live sometime during the week of March 1st.

Full SizeAllods Online Screenshot
Allods Gallery

The newly restructured pricing is based upon players' feedback in conjunction with the data provided by Alllods Online developers. You can continue to send gPotato your thoughts to allods_suggestions@gala-net.com. MMOsite also welcome you to post your thoughts about the new item shop here.

Allods Gallery

Allods Gallery

Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: Allods Online   Allods Online - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 2:48 pm

The rise and fall of Allods Online can be broken down into two
categories, before the item shop and after. The game kicked off to to
stellar reviews, fanfare, and lots of positive feedback. Really everything a developer could ever
want. gPotato added the item shop shortly after the game went live,
and all of that positive movement was gone. *poof*
Players frothed at the mouth over incredibly high prices for items
such as an additional six bag slots for $20. Ouch. gPotato initially
said ‘tough,’ standing by its decision. It appears the company realized
its mistake, as it has announced a reduction in prices to key items, including the
aforementioned bag.
List of changes in the item shop:

• Vial of Perfume reduced from 75gP to 25gP
  • Large Perfume Kit reduced from 1350gP to 300gP
  • Holy Rune reduced from 1500gP to 1000gP
  • Rough Dragon Hide Backpack reduced from 2000gP to 600gP
  • Small Deposit Box reduced from 1500gP to 1000gP
  • Small Bag of Crystal Chips reduced from 250gP to 100gP
  • Medium Bag of Crystal Chips reduced from 1200gP to 350gP
  • Potions reduced from 250gP to 200gP

A gP, or gPotato, is $0.01, so the Rough Dragon Hide Backpack has
gone from $20 to $6. A more reasonable $1 per slot. The changes put
the desirable items more in line with other F2P shops, like the one I broke down for Runes of Magic.
Seeing as Allods Online has so much competition in the field of F2P
games, the damage may already be done. Is the reduction enough to draw
people back in, or are the potential customers that left during
gPotato’s stonewalling a lost cause?
The developer has backpedaled, but now a show of good faith is
needed. My idea – offer a discount on gPotatoes for a limited time to
try to win over the angered players.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Allods Online   Allods Online - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down