Aetherius Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aetherius Network

International multi-gaming guild since 2006.

HomeAetheriusEventsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Come chat with us on Discord! It's where everyone is at now! https://discord.gg/aBSngGf
Check out our Aetherius Network Facebook Page to see upcoming news and/or enter giveaways.
Follow us on Twitter!

No Gameguard at starting launch

Go down 
+4
bolistik
pc93
Supamoe
Shu
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male
Number of posts : 10794
IGN[Game NickName] : Ashura/Iori Yagami
Current Status : Busy at Work
Registration date : 2008-03-31

No Gameguard at starting launch Empty
PostSubject: No Gameguard at starting launch   No Gameguard at starting launch Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 11:00 pm

Aion Launch Version!
September 17, 2009 4:34 PM

Greetings!

As we draw closer to tomorrow I wanted to give everyone a brief update on the progress of our live version. We are excited to announce that we will be serving out the final update for you to patch within the next few hours. You will be able to use this version for both our Preselection and our Head Start. We are very excited with our final product and think that you will be as well! Below are the release notes for the patch you will see later today:

- Aion now features all three languages French, German and English. To select your language simply right click on Aion within your launcher and go to Properties->Language Options. Please select which languages you wish to download and which you wish Aion to display.

- After analyzing our open beta test results Aion will not feature GameGuard at launch. We will however continue to pursue ways to effectively utilize GameGuard within Aion in the future. Right now we're focused on providing players with the best possible Aion experience.

- The level cap is now level 50 (previously 45).

- Players will be able to reserve 2 character names during Preselection and create 8 characters in total once Head Start begins and beyond.

- Channels will be set to 10 instances for the beginning 2 zones of each faction. Please note that these will be lowered as characters progress and spread throughout Atreia.

Xaen
Aion Producer
Back to top Go down
Supamoe
Leaders Council
Leaders Council
Supamoe

Male
Number of posts : 872
IGN[Game NickName] : Supamoe
Current Status : Normal
Registration date : 2008-06-13

PostSubject: Re: No Gameguard at starting launch   No Gameguard at starting launch Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 11:07 pm

Wow Shu , you know what i just read that 5 minutes ago and was just posting it until i saw you do it LOL
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: No Gameguard at starting launch   No Gameguard at starting launch Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 11:12 pm

=p

:sweat:
Back to top Go down
pc93
Veteran
Veteran
pc93

Male
Number of posts : 40
IGN[Game NickName] : Phil
Registration date : 2009-08-06

PostSubject: Re: No Gameguard at starting launch   No Gameguard at starting launch Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 11:45 pm

I disabled Gameguard for open beta using that "other" method but this should be good for those with logitech/razer keyboards and mice and those with other gameguard errors.
Back to top Go down
bolistik
Captain
Captain

Male
Number of posts : 164
IGN[Game NickName] : bolistik
Current Status : Active
Registration date : 2009-06-06

PostSubject: Re: No Gameguard at starting launch   No Gameguard at starting launch Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 12:14 am

no gameguard!! awesome :)
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: No Gameguard at starting launch   No Gameguard at starting launch Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 12:23 am

now i wonder what will keep botters out,not that gameguard is working but at least it offer some form of defense heh

if aion get overrun by botters and hacks i will probably quit
Back to top Go down
Forseti
Raider
Raider
Forseti

Male
Number of posts : 571
IGN[Game NickName] : Forseti, Cadexn
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: No Gameguard at starting launch   No Gameguard at starting launch Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 1:36 am

awesome, fraps will finally work for me!
Back to top Go down
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male
Number of posts : 6807
IGN[Game NickName] : Snow, Nuts, Nut, Snowball, Splash, Snowy
Current Status : Busy at School
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: No Gameguard at starting launch   No Gameguard at starting launch Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 6:51 am

woot free hacking at start, lvl 50 in 1 day go go go!!!
Back to top Go down
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/8485/1snowflakecardmadebyneoc
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: No Gameguard at starting launch   No Gameguard at starting launch Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 8:30 am

think they want first few days to be smooth for all gamers ^^

doubt they will keep GG off forever tot heh
Back to top Go down
Neoyoshi
Grandpa
Grandpa
Neoyoshi

Male
Number of posts : 1711
IGN[Game NickName] : Neoyoshi
Current Status : Happy
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: No Gameguard at starting launch   No Gameguard at starting launch Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 8:43 am

What exactly could you bot in this game anyway? anyone in their right mind wouldn't dare bot in Abyss as that would just be free AP for the person that killed you.

What kind of Botters did the Chinese servers have? i heard that with-in the first 3 weeks when Chinese servers first opened their GM's banned over 10,000 accounts that belonged to botters. (Can't remember if the arcticle stated if IP's were banned as well.)
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: No Gameguard at starting launch   No Gameguard at starting launch Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 9:08 am

think they will bot in non pk maps.but botters not as much a issue compare to hackers who make try make use of this to do exp hack to lvl super fast or maybe speed or damage hack heh.

the main macro botting will probably be done with those with 2 boxing account.1 attack & 1 follow to heal and stuff with set timer.lvling speed will be pretty fast tat way.<< my guess only

but lvl 50 is not that hard even if u hand grind so its not much of a issue.i just worry more about exploiter who hacks and stuff.if there is no stop to those then game will be dead in my eyes hehe

some will still bot in abyss.esp those scenario where one is dual boxing 2 account.as long the main account is not botting they dont really care if sub account which is usually the healer dies or not.since its so much safer with a healer account who auto follow and heal while he attack.

anyway i dont think ncsoft is that dumb to allow this to happen without damaging their rep and ppl leaving due tot this issue so we should be pretty safe heh.i wonder how ncsoft will handle those that tries to hack in aion tot ^^.i bet some will try to hack it that is for sure lolz
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: No Gameguard at starting launch   No Gameguard at starting launch Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 9:35 am

but then i think one should not overreact hee.afterall GG is not that good a protection anyway and can be disable if u know how.and ncsoft should have enough gms and webmasters and admin to watch the data process and effectively ban anyone who try to hack.

they are not caion afterall who turn a blind eye to ppl hacking and botting in the chinese server as its part of the culture there.
Back to top Go down
LordFlashheart
Veteran
Veteran
LordFlashheart

Male
Number of posts : 57
IGN[Game NickName] : Flash
Registration date : 2009-08-19

PostSubject: Re: No Gameguard at starting launch   No Gameguard at starting launch Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 11:13 am

I never really had any problems with GG, but its a change for the better I think.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: No Gameguard at starting launch   No Gameguard at starting launch Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 11:44 am

i hate GG ... nice update :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No Gameguard at starting launch   No Gameguard at starting launch Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

No Gameguard at starting launch
Page 1 of 1