Aetherius Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aetherius Network

International multi-gaming guild since 2006.

HomeAetheriusEventsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Come chat with us on Discord! It's where everyone is at now! https://discord.gg/aBSngGf
Check out our Aetherius Network Facebook Page to see upcoming news and/or enter giveaways.
Follow us on Twitter!

All Points Bulletin: GTA, the MMO

Go down 
+4
Buffie
Shu
Snow
Noiselessrope
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Darkender
Commander
Commander
Darkender

Male
Number of posts : 621
IGN[Game NickName] : Darkender
Registration date : 2010-01-31

All Points Bulletin: GTA, the MMO - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Points Bulletin: GTA, the MMO   All Points Bulletin: GTA, the MMO - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 5:40 pm

Snow wrote: Exactly, and GTA is fail at being played like a
shooter

All Points Bulletin: GTA, the MMO - Page 2 650546

EDIT: this topic is a trollpost now :3
Back to top Go down
Supamoe
Leaders Council
Leaders Council
Supamoe

Male
Number of posts : 872
IGN[Game NickName] : Supamoe
Current Status : Normal
Registration date : 2008-06-13

PostSubject: Re: All Points Bulletin: GTA, the MMO   All Points Bulletin: GTA, the MMO - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 10:18 am

lolz , Snow likes my penis. That is all.
Back to top Go down
Supamoe
Leaders Council
Leaders Council
Supamoe

Male

PostSubject: Re: All Points Bulletin: GTA, the MMO   All Points Bulletin: GTA, the MMO - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 5:06 pm

Btw Dark , Are yuo playing Eu or NA? if NA hit me up ill start a recruitment post because weve got already 10-15 players starting a clan and all :D
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male
Number of posts : 10794
IGN[Game NickName] : Ashura/Iori Yagami
Current Status : Busy at Work
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: All Points Bulletin: GTA, the MMO   All Points Bulletin: GTA, the MMO - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 7:44 pm

ya if u guys need i will make a section for apb.guild name is up to u guys as always ^^
Back to top Go down
Darkender
Commander
Commander
Darkender

Male

PostSubject: Re: All Points Bulletin: GTA, the MMO   All Points Bulletin: GTA, the MMO - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 7:52 pm

I play Eu :/... playing NA could be suicidal since the nearest server point would be in Florida or around xD, so that lagg could be EPIC.
:P
Back to top Go down
Supamoe
Leaders Council
Leaders Council
Supamoe

Male

PostSubject: Re: All Points Bulletin: GTA, the MMO   All Points Bulletin: GTA, the MMO - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 9:43 am

Yeah shu thatd be cool a section and a recruitment post.
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: All Points Bulletin: GTA, the MMO   All Points Bulletin: GTA, the MMO - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 10:43 am

k i go make it now for u guys.dont understand how apb is fun but i will help out if i can ^^
Back to top Go down
Supamoe
Leaders Council
Leaders Council
Supamoe

Male

PostSubject: Re: All Points Bulletin: GTA, the MMO   All Points Bulletin: GTA, the MMO - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 1:17 pm

Your a chink , you dont like the idea of "GTA style" games for some reason hehe :P
Back to top Go down
Darkender
Commander
Commander
Darkender

Male

PostSubject: Re: All Points Bulletin: GTA, the MMO   All Points Bulletin: GTA, the MMO - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 1:39 pm

Shu wrote:
k i go make it now for u guys.dont understand how apb is fun but i will help out if i can ^^

got the best customization in a game ive ever seen, you can make your own songs, your own logos, your own clothes, your own symbols, your own grafitis, you can customize weapon upgrades, your car, your guild logo, you can grafiti the city ETC.............
apart of all that you can shoot cops, mug people, rob stores, drive like a madman and more...

thats how its fun :3
Back to top Go down
kawainu
Captain
Captain
kawainu

Male
Number of posts : 365
IGN[Game NickName] : kawainu

PostSubject: Re: All Points Bulletin: GTA, the MMO   All Points Bulletin: GTA, the MMO - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 10:35 pm

Darkender wrote:
...you can grafiti the city .............
...you can shoot cops, mug people, rob stores, drive like a madman and more...
Seriously guys, why do u like this game? I know its just a game but its not fun at all to be doing such things... I cant believe soooo many ppl actually love this game (and gta)... Its just wrong. Worst mmo ever Imo
Back to top Go down
Darkender
Commander
Commander
Darkender

Male

PostSubject: Re: All Points Bulletin: GTA, the MMO   All Points Bulletin: GTA, the MMO - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 10:57 pm

kawainu wrote:
Darkender wrote:
...you can grafiti the city .............
...you can shoot cops, mug people, rob stores, drive like a madman and more...
Seriously guys, why do u like this game? I know its just a game but its not fun at all to be doing such things... I cant believe soooo many ppl actually love this game (and gta)... Its just wrong. Worst mmo ever Imo

because its a fully pvp, open world game? :3, and all the customization, the real question is, how the hell cant u not like this game??
it offers you 10x more what any other game out there can offer you :), just name 1 thing and it offers it :3
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: All Points Bulletin: GTA, the MMO   All Points Bulletin: GTA, the MMO - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 11:24 pm

ok i will name 1

can i start family there?have npc babies?^^

j/k i am sure apb have its good points
Back to top Go down
Darkender
Commander
Commander
Darkender

Male

PostSubject: Re: All Points Bulletin: GTA, the MMO   All Points Bulletin: GTA, the MMO - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 4:05 am

Shu wrote:
ok i will name 1

can i start family there?have npc babies?^^

j/k i am sure apb have its good points
you can start a crew, its just like your "family" haha, no babies :P
havnt seen a mmo with babies yet o.o
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: All Points Bulletin: GTA, the MMO   All Points Bulletin: GTA, the MMO - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 6:51 pm

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/287595/page/1

according to this thread i guess apb will not last for long term.

seriously i think its just a bad marketing strategy fault.never claim to be a mmo if it is more of a instance restricted multi-players online game.

like startrex should be next soon except it have much bigger following of fans so it might last longer.

if they have marketed it as a pc game with online link for multiplayer i think both game will have much better reviews and will sell better in the long term
Back to top Go down
Darkender
Commander
Commander
Darkender

Male

PostSubject: Re: All Points Bulletin: GTA, the MMO   All Points Bulletin: GTA, the MMO - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 8:55 pm

Shu wrote:
http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/287595/page/1

according to this thread i guess apb will not last for long term.

seriously i think its just a bad marketing strategy fault.never claim to be a mmo if it is more of a instance restricted multi-players online game.

like startrex should be next soon except it have much bigger following of fans so it might last longer.

if they have marketed it as a pc game with online link for multiplayer i think both game will have much better reviews and will sell better in the long term

they market it as an mmo because it is an mmo, because it doesnt work like most mmos it doesnt mean it isnt.

The game is great and the marketing they did with the game was pretty good, and a whole load of people bought the game, the problem is the lack of content...

I played for less than 1 month, playing pretty casual, and at the end of the 2-3 week i had all my contacts (npc/quests) maxed... so there isnt anything left for me to do other than shoot at people..

I made a whole load of customization and maxed my number of symbols, and the max number of clothes i can have with me.. so unless they introduce some better league system or new content i wont play... i made enuff of theyr cash in-game to pay for lik 2 years, selling cars and weapons in the market, so if at some point they do something i can always go back and try it.
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: All Points Bulletin: GTA, the MMO   All Points Bulletin: GTA, the MMO - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 11:20 pm

ender if u can reach end game content that easily with no lack of anything left while just playing casually in 2-3 weeks implies its not a mmo already in my view heh=p

lack of content at the starting of a p2p mmo?....more likely they meant it as a pc game at the start for online gameplay but choose to market it otherwise.

could be the online gameplay was meant to be buy to play originally like guildwars 1 but they decide to go monthly p2p but end up no development funding left due to lack of players and they decide to bail early after mass complain of hacks/lack contents/bugs which will cost a lot of money to fix and update heh

the game might have lasted longer if it isn't first/3rd person shooter though.shooting based games usually never last long.esp when they added cars to it to make it a sandbox gene.unless later on virtual world technology is here then there is a chance
Back to top Go down
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male
Number of posts : 6807
IGN[Game NickName] : Snow, Nuts, Nut, Snowball, Splash, Snowy
Current Status : Busy at School
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: All Points Bulletin: GTA, the MMO   All Points Bulletin: GTA, the MMO - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 11:33 pm

They should have promoted it as a battlefield kind of game, with different setting and more rpg stuff and other mix they added
Back to top Go down
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/8485/1snowflakecardmadebyneoc
Darkender
Commander
Commander
Darkender

Male

PostSubject: Re: All Points Bulletin: GTA, the MMO   All Points Bulletin: GTA, the MMO - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 12:02 am

Shu wrote:
ender if u can reach end game content that easily with no lack of anything left while just playing casually in 2-3 weeks implies its not a mmo already in my view heh=p

lack of content at the starting of a p2p mmo?....more likely they meant it as a pc game at the start for online gameplay but choose to market it otherwise.

could be the online gameplay was meant to be buy to play originally like guildwars 1 but they decide to go monthly p2p but end up no development funding left due to lack of players and they decide to bail early after mass complain of hacks/lack contents/bugs which will cost a lot of money to fix and update heh

the game might have lasted longer if it isn't first/3rd person shooter though.shooting based games usually never last long.esp when they added cars to it to make it a sandbox gene.unless later on virtual world technology is here then there is a chance

yeah but i played the beta, wich means i already knew everything i had to do and how to do it, other guys on the other hand after 2 months havnt reached full content..

mmo= massive multiplayer online right?

how can you say its not a mmo if it covers what being a mmo is??

and nope, they didnt plan to make it a pc game with online option at no point, the game has been in development for a whole load of years, and since the first time i heard about it (probly around the time that lineage 2 was popular, and there werent so many mmos out there)

dont know why you say that about shooters/3rd person fps, because i know a whole lot of 3rd person fps out there that have outlasted many normal mmos in poppularity etc... for example Gunz... Gunz has been out for ages now, and still a whole load of people play it.

What they need to do is throw fixes to the clan system, give it more edge, because right now theres only a crappy league to compete in and its not worth the time... they already released the patchnotes for the next big patch that comes out in 1 week or so, hope that fixes most of the problems, and give them time to make more content..
Back to top Go down
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male

PostSubject: Re: All Points Bulletin: GTA, the MMO   All Points Bulletin: GTA, the MMO - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 1:51 am

Yea 1st time I heard about APB was when Webzen was starting it, and thats when their MU online was still an up to date mmo lol and it was supposed to be MMO from then already

In fact the chance is high, they couldn't produce what they hoped for at 1st, and create a non instanced world, and had to switch to this system somewhere in the early developement stage

EDIT: In fact, I'm mixing some of it up with Huxley, which is still in developement by Webzen, since they been working on both games same time.

Huxley is the one that's gonna be the real open world, but with modern weapons and stuff and probably with a fps feel to it.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/04/21/realtime-worlds-take-apb-distribution-rights-from-webzen/

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/05/10/hands-on-with-huxley/
Back to top Go down
Darkender
Commander
Commander
Darkender

Male

PostSubject: Re: All Points Bulletin: GTA, the MMO   All Points Bulletin: GTA, the MMO - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 2:14 am

Snow wrote:
Yea 1st time I heard about APB was when Webzen was starting it, and thats when their MU online was still an up to date mmo lol and it was supposed to be MMO from then already

In fact the chance is high, they couldn't produce what they hoped for at 1st, and create a non instanced world, and had to switch to this system somewhere in the early developement stage

EDIT: In fact, I'm mixing some of it up with Huxley, which is still in developement by Webzen, since they been working on both games same time.

Huxley is the one that's gonna be the real open world, but with modern weapons and stuff and probably with a fps feel to it.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/04/21/realtime-worlds-take-apb-distribution-rights-from-webzen/

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/05/10/hands-on-with-huxley/

yeah i was alpha tester for the ijji version like a bunch of months ago (huxley)
managed to report a bunch of bugs, but between the bugs and all the lag, it wasnt worth the time.. it was really really crude :/, so i gave up.

It was that time where SUN was starting its development, and mu, uo, lineage 1, and gunbound where the main mmo's out there lol
Back to top Go down
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male

PostSubject: Re: All Points Bulletin: GTA, the MMO   All Points Bulletin: GTA, the MMO - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 2:18 am

meh alpha tests r usually just crappy, mostly they r something nice, burried under a huuuuuuuuuuge pile of $h!t soo deep that you can't see it untill arround beta phase or they never come out of the pile of crap and just die off

like the combat, ai, bugs loot all the base sytems none of em are set during alpha so you can't really know what ya ll get in the end.
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: All Points Bulletin: GTA, the MMO   All Points Bulletin: GTA, the MMO - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 3:28 am

hehe well ender.to me mmo world should be mainly open world that allow hundreds of players with some instance built in for small group.

from what i know of startrex and apb they have more instance and less open world.hence to me not massive enough to be term mmo.

right now from that thread they saying the company removed the option of 90 days payment already and most of their coding staff have been fired.so the outlook for it is dim.

ya gunz is one of the few shooting game out there that made it online.but its f2p and most ppl just term it as a free online shooter game and not a mmo world though.

apb is p2p monthly payment so a lot less appealing.

ya if u cant stand bugs and features being removed in game during alpha/beta test its best not to play it as much.will be frustrating lol.i usually skip most alpha and close beta also.just log in to get a feel of the game and test some basic stuff then wait for open beta heh
Back to top Go down
Darkender
Commander
Commander
Darkender

Male

PostSubject: Re: All Points Bulletin: GTA, the MMO   All Points Bulletin: GTA, the MMO - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 3:46 am

Shu wrote:
hehe well ender.to me mmo world should be mainly open world that allow hundreds of players with some instance built in for small group.

from what i know of startrex and apb they have more instance and less open world.hence to me not massive enough to be term mmo.

right now from that thread they saying the company removed the option of 90 days payment already and most of their coding staff have been fired.so the outlook for it is dim.

ya gunz is one of the few shooting game out there that made it online.but its f2p and most ppl just term it as a free online shooter game and not a mmo world though.

apb is p2p monthly payment so a lot less appealing.

ya if u cant stand bugs and features being removed in game during alpha/beta test its best not to play it as much.will be frustrating lol.i usually skip most alpha and close beta also.just log in to get a feel of the game and test some basic stuff then wait for open beta heh

if we follow that logic then GW1 shouldnt be a mmo, the only "massive" parts are where u meet at the towns, and even then there were like 60 channels, and like 1-30 people per town...
and then all this other games that are room based etc.
But I do get your point ^^.

I still support the game/idea, at least its something innovative, unlike the other 300 games that are ctrl c -> ctrl v ....
At least now we have to wait less for Tera/B&S and all the other Hack&Slash games.
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: All Points Bulletin: GTA, the MMO   All Points Bulletin: GTA, the MMO - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 4:31 am

ya to me gw1 is not really a mmo.too many instances lol ^^

will have to see for gw2.they did say they will have more open world this time.

and yes apb is a good idea,just poorly executed and marketed.lately all the p2p mmo tends to rush out the game before it was ready due to lack of funding or the need to earn faster.

that might work if u are a big shot company with a coding team working even after the game is done.like square enix and blizzard etc.which give the company the edge to start early and updates frequently.but most company won't do that.they tend to sack 60-80 pct of the coding staff after the game is out for sale then slow updates all the way after retail started heh.
Back to top Go down
Darkender
Commander
Commander
Darkender

Male

PostSubject: Re: All Points Bulletin: GTA, the MMO   All Points Bulletin: GTA, the MMO - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 4:50 am

Shu wrote:
ya to me gw1 is not really a mmo.too many instances lol ^^

will have to see for gw2.they did say they will have more open world this time.

and yes apb is a good idea,just poorly executed and marketed.lately all the p2p mmo tends to rush out the game before it was ready due to lack of funding or the need to earn faster.

that might work if u are a big shot company with a coding team working even after the game is done.like square enix and blizzard etc.which give the company the edge to start early and updates frequently.but most company won't do that.they tend to sack 60-80 pct of the coding staff after the game is out for sale then slow updates all the way after retail started heh.

dunno but APB had more money to develop the game than most of the games out there, if im not wrong it was like 50mill, and it was in the top 5 most expensive games of history, so i doubt its so much funding than cutting it now/selling while they made a profit than holding it and maybe loose money in time :/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All Points Bulletin: GTA, the MMO   All Points Bulletin: GTA, the MMO - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All Points Bulletin: GTA, the MMO
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aetherius Network  :: Announcements :: New MMORPGs :: MMORPGs Reviews-
Jump to: