Aetherius Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aetherius Network

International multi-gaming guild since 2006.

HomeAetheriusEventsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Come chat with us on Discord! It's where everyone is at now! https://discord.gg/aBSngGf
Check out our Aetherius Network Facebook Page to see upcoming news and/or enter giveaways.
Follow us on Twitter!

Neverwinter Nights

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Regalis
Commander
Commander
Regalis

Male
Number of posts : 1438
IGN[Game NickName] : Regalis, FxArch, Ashlan, Denna
Current Status : Happy
Registration date : 2008-11-11

Neverwinter Nights Empty
PostSubject: Neverwinter Nights   Neverwinter Nights Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 4:35 am

In a time before Reggy joined this awesome place he was a simple minded guy playing mostly NWN and DS2. Now, due to the lack of free to play stuff, he's going to do the one thing he's actually good at! :D:

Hosting NWN modules!

Now I know my dearest Thania has NWN ('cause she's also awesome <3) but I'm curious if more Aetherius guys have this game. If you don't check this linky. I bought my copy for like 5 bucks each game (together 15 bucks). So that's maybe a month subscription for any other p2p game :B/: I'm sure you can find it even cheaper in other places.

So NWN consists of modules. Modules are basicly the same as a book. They contain a different world and a different story. When you purchase the game you get the original game (which consists of 3 modules) and the expension packs (both consisting of 1 module). Each module is around 4-20 hours depending on how large it is. Community made modules can even be larger then that and, most of the time, are even better then the original modules.

Now the graphics aren't of high standards but any gamer knows that gameplay comes before graphics. And the gameplay more then makes up for the lack of stunning visuals. It's the same as DDO with way more classes, more races (hoozah for gnomes <3), prestige classes, more feats, more mobs, an incredible story, level cap of 40 and no instances.

So come join Reggy in NWN! I'll start hosting some modules again (for 2-6 people) when enough people dig this awesome idea that Reggy came up with! :heart: Also note that NWN is incredibly RP heavy and not a grind game. So you can't spend hours grinding mobs spank
Back to top Go down
http://www.cebt-tribe.com
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male
Number of posts : 10794
IGN[Game NickName] : Ashura/Iori Yagami
Current Status : Busy at Work
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Neverwinter Nights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neverwinter Nights   Neverwinter Nights Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 5:12 am

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Neverwinter Nights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neverwinter Nights   Neverwinter Nights Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 5:50 am

will i be able to play if i download the nwn using torrents ? or u need n original code or something to play it like this
Back to top Go down
Regalis
Commander
Commander
Regalis

Male

Neverwinter Nights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neverwinter Nights   Neverwinter Nights Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 6:23 am

NubCake wrote:
will i be able to play if i download the nwn using torrents ? or u need n original code or something to play it like this
Nope you only need a serial code to activate it. Then again its only 15 bucks for the complete package. So I would advise just going to the shop and buy it. Way less hassle :thumb2:
Back to top Go down
Evocator
Raider
Raider
Evocator

Male
Number of posts : 806
Current Status : unknown
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Neverwinter Nights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neverwinter Nights   Neverwinter Nights Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 7:41 am

Lol Reggy, ur first paragraph sounds funny. Isnt NWN a bit old?

@Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2
Role play? The story script was full of bugs in NWN2 main story despite being more extensive than the first one. Sad to say, Bioware's RPG development standards dropped a bit ever since EA bought them. >_< I curse EA for behaving like Real Madrid; buying every star player.

@Custom designed modules
I've played private server based persistent world modules using NWN2 (with no expansion packs) before. I think u must be referring to that. Not sure if expansions improved it, but I found mmo-like modules on NWN2 platform didnt work quite well back then due to imba designed class/feats. Hybrids class combos like Bard/Fighter/Red Dragon Disciple can be totally overwhelming in PvP if taken with the correct level and skills. And there aren't many safeguards for some skills. Eg. Pickpocket, Disarm, etc.
Back to top Go down
Regalis
Commander
Commander
Regalis

Male

Neverwinter Nights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neverwinter Nights   Neverwinter Nights Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 9:00 am

Evocator wrote:
Lol Reggy, ur first paragraph sounds funny. Isnt NWN a bit old?

@Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2
Role play? The story script was full of bugs in NWN2 main story despite being more extensive than the first one. Sad to say, Bioware's RPG development standards dropped a bit ever since EA bought them. >_< I curse EA for behaving like Real Madrid; buying every star player.

@Custom designed modules
I've played private server based persistent world modules using NWN2 (with no expansion packs) before. I think u must be referring to that. Not sure if expansions improved it, but I found mmo-like modules on NWN2 platform didnt work quite well back then due to imba designed class/feats. Hybrids class combos like Bard/Fighter/Red Dragon Disciple can be totally overwhelming in PvP if taken with the correct level and skills. And there aren't many safeguards for some skills. Eg. Pickpocket, Disarm, etc.
Like I said NWN2 is a total phail compared to 1. The bugs you mentioned where one of them. Why is it that after the release of NWN2 the NWN1 community is still the largest despite the fact that it's out for so long? It's due to the fact that the design and the community is way better then that of NWN2. NWN2 is a piece of crap. NWN1 is totally different though.

The modules I'm talking about aren't the Arena style imba servers where magic is reduced to a small margin and every player has a dev. crit bard and everyone kills each other in pvp. The persistent worlds like Arelith and Amia are a nice example of what I'm talking about. You are expected to stay IC all the time. Actively RolePlaying is the only way to level up decently. In these worlds you can't just make a level 40 build right off the bat. You can't even play as a RDD since it's a privileged class and only given if it fits your RP story. PVP is a serious crime. You can't just kill random people in the streets. The whole point of these persistent worlds is the RP element. It's even the number 1 rule you have to follow.

I'm guessing the servers you played on are either the Arena or the Hack and Slash servers. You have those too and that's one of the things which makes this game so great. You have all kinds of different servers/modules and each module has a different focus. Be it action/hack and slash or RP. Hell there is even a Harry Potter server out there :^_-:

But that's not the thing I want to do here. I want to host modules (for example the tangled web series) which are level 1-8 in this case and play them through with a group of people. These are not hack and slash modules but rather story driven modules with a focus on story development and puzzle elements. Or the original game, which is level 1-18. It's completely coop and with no pvp whatsoever. And just play these modules with some players on a specific time and day. Bit like PnP D&D. Of course you're free to join me on Arelith which is just an awesome server (http://arelith.com/).
Back to top Go down
Anemone
Captain
Captain

Male
Number of posts : 127
IGN[Game NickName] : Amnon
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Neverwinter Nights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neverwinter Nights   Neverwinter Nights Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 3:06 pm

It's funny how you say that NWN 2 is a piece of crap cause NWN 1 was also heavily bugged, i was easily able to exploit throu the entire story without any problems at all.

But indeed the RP value is nice in bioware rpg games all tho they will never reach the likes of planescape torment.

I would not mind to play the NWN 1 original module without the utterly crappy expansion modules that are just horrible.

So if u wanna play the original module coop i'll dig up ny nwn 1 copy and install it.
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male
Number of posts : 10794
IGN[Game NickName] : Ashura/Iori Yagami
Current Status : Busy at Work
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Neverwinter Nights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neverwinter Nights   Neverwinter Nights Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 3:33 pm

u mean u want to play like old school rpg in the old days where the dungeon master weave the storyline and monsters and environment and the band of friends roleplay inside and pve with the occasional pvp between players?^^

those old school elements is fun but u need to be a good DM to bring out the charm hehe
Back to top Go down
Thania
Captain
Captain
Thania

Female
Number of posts : 207
IGN[Game NickName] : Thania
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Neverwinter Nights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neverwinter Nights   Neverwinter Nights Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 4:26 pm

I started to play with Reg, and Nwn1 is not that bad actually, there's alot of new things !
Back to top Go down
Regalis
Commander
Commander
Regalis

Male

Neverwinter Nights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neverwinter Nights   Neverwinter Nights Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 3:11 am

Ashura wrote:
u mean u want to play like old school rpg in the old days where the dungeon master weave the storyline and monsters and environment and the band of friends roleplay inside and pve with the occasional pvp between players?^^

those old school elements is fun but u need to be a good DM to bring out the charm hehe
Well you have to see it like this. The DM already created the world, rule set and storyline and you learn more of the world the more you play. The DM's do host special events and make sure the order is kept and everyone follows the rules. But that game world is at a point that the DM's are not important anymore. The players themselves will point you at what you're doing wrong. You can earn massive amounts of exp. or items through RP. And some classes/races like Gnolls and Goblins are only unlocked after having a high enough RP rating. So everything turns around the RP on the server and in that the players are the DM's.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Neverwinter Nights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Neverwinter Nights   Neverwinter Nights Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Neverwinter Nights
Page 1 of 1