Aetherius Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aetherius Network

International multi-gaming guild since 2006.

HomeAetheriusEventsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Come chat with us on Discord! It's where everyone is at now! https://discord.gg/aBSngGf
Check out our Aetherius Network Facebook Page to see upcoming news and/or enter giveaways.
Follow us on Twitter!

Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara

Go down 
+17
Nazgul
Neoyoshi
madryno
Supamoe
Regalis
Ryuyoko
Evocator
Darkender
atreides6874
Thania
Facade
Snow
Dias
ash
Buffie
AxLR0Se
Shu
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Facade
Advisory Board
Advisory Board
Facade

Male
Number of posts : 1036
IGN[Game NickName] : Facade, Tsunami, Tsunade
Current Status : Normal
Registration date : 2010-02-01

Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 2:39 am

Darkender wrote:
i havent seen any non warlock/pyro crit for much (more than 200-400 at 27) most of the crits i see come from mm/rangers and shamans.

I had a lvl 26 Warrior (Paragon/combo) crit hit My lvl 25 warrior for 680dmg from a 'flowing strike'(think it was called) and my warrior has over 30% melee dmg reduction
best crit i ever done with my champion build was like 420, so i dunno what he was using.
Back to top Go down
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male
Number of posts : 6807
IGN[Game NickName] : Snow, Nuts, Nut, Snowball, Splash, Snowy
Current Status : Busy at School
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 5:36 am

Indeed I had a warrior 3hit kill me through my dmg absorb shield from full hp (which combined was almost 1,9k and I had 200 extra defense buff and a -10% dmg taken passive on me) lol
There is defenitely some crazy dmg combo to make with warrior set up
Back to top Go down
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/8485/1snowflakecardmadebyneoc
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 5:01 am

Skipping this weekend, but I assume Darkender ll join
Let us know how it is dude
Back to top Go down
Darkender
Commander
Commander
Darkender

Male
Number of posts : 621
IGN[Game NickName] : Darkender
Registration date : 2010-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 11:30 am

The beta is not on the weekend, its from the 25th to the 28th, weekdays :/, and i got a examn on the 26th so dunno how much ill be playing of this event..
Back to top Go down
Sagan
Recruit
Recruit
Sagan

Male
Number of posts : 4
IGN[Game NickName] : Sagan Keizu
Registration date : 2010-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 6:22 am

Having tested beta 5, i must say i am impressed by the amount of polish and great gameplay elements in this game. The soul system is both flexible and varied, a rogue can be dps, support or tank with a click of a button. And for those of us who live in Asia, the ping is very low. I averaged 250-290ms on high settings. Much better than any US-based MMOs that are out there.

Rift combines the best design of western mmo and respond fast to feedback. This is the first mmo i would recommend without hesitation.

Sagan Keizu
R50 Archer (FFXIV)

Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male
Number of posts : 10794
IGN[Game NickName] : Ashura/Iori Yagami
Current Status : Busy at Work
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 7:55 am

u make it sound like a commercial sagan lol.
Back to top Go down
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 12:28 pm

haha, but that info is pretty true though, except the recommendation

I would only recommend RIFT to people who enjoy playing Wester mmos like WoW, WAR, LOTRO and wanted the better features of these games to be in 1 game.

Pretty much all the features, in RIFT people have seen before in those already existing Western games, but now they r combined in 1 game and are executed very well.
Back to top Go down
madryno
Celestial Guard
Celestial Guard
madryno

Male
Number of posts : 196
IGN[Game NickName] : madryno
Registration date : 2009-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 10:04 pm

Snow wrote:
haha, but that info is pretty true though, except the recommendation

I would only recommend RIFT to people who enjoy playing Wester mmos like WoW, WAR, LOTRO and wanted the better features of these games to be in 1 game.

Pretty much all the features, in RIFT people have seen before in those already existing Western games, but now they r combined in 1 game and are executed very well.

agree here

i thought i was enjoying it but after a few hours i was like.. fk this is boring.. alot of content but the feel is just... old. but its from the creative brains of Everquest classic and it definitely shows. great for anyone newish to mmo, or hasn't been in a while but wants something "new." but gets old fast for afficionados imho
Back to top Go down
Sagan
Recruit
Recruit
Sagan

Male
Number of posts : 4
IGN[Game NickName] : Sagan Keizu
Registration date : 2010-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 10:47 pm

MMOs is a process of refinement, rather than being just new. Something new has to be good and improve on what is already out there in the market. This is a good year for mmos, but you will also notice none of them are really new. GW2 improves upon GW, SWTOR improves upon WoW, DCUO improves upon super hero genre. TERA improves Aion and Korean mmo in general.

Something new and fresh is more likely to come from the f2p space, as risk taking is more worthwhile. But f2p is essentially a bigger money sink and in end, the more money you spend, the better you character are.

The beta 6 is coming on Feb 4, for those who have not try try it, no harm giving it a go as its literally open beta.

Sagan
Back to top Go down
Aluciz
Inner Court
Inner Court
Aluciz

Female
Number of posts : 163
IGN[Game NickName] : Aluciz
Current Status : unknown
Registration date : 2009-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 1:28 pm

so this game's good then ? =o
Back to top Go down
http://aluciz.deviantart
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 8:59 pm

Yes and no, it has not really anything new to offer, but what it offers is a big combination of the already proven to work good elements of western mmos.

You like it or not.
Personally I just played too long with those same game mechanics/features to really enjoy the game longterm, but it is a very good game if you don't look at it that way.

Defenitely for someone who didn't play too many western p2p mmos, or is new to mmos in general, this one has A LOT to offer.
Back to top Go down
Facade
Advisory Board
Advisory Board
Facade

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 1:48 am

Snow wrote:
Yes and no, it has not really anything new to offer, but what it offers is a big combination of the already proven to work good elements of western mmos.

That is why I think this game will work, and possible last a good while.

Can i get a numbers count pls? How many Aetherius plan on playing this game, or are leaning towards it?

If there is enough I might invest some time into sorting a server and maybe an (Aetherius)linked guild in game, otherwise I'll just choose some random server that suits me.

I personally will be playing this game, the smooth mechanics of the game appeal to me and the class diversity is alot of fun.
I have multiple lvl 20+ from the 5 beta's i have been in, and found i always had plenty to do.

The Rifts are alot of fun, solo or raiding. New addition to raiding now is when invasions etc start and you are in the vacinity you can now join a 'public' raid group, if in range of the event and your not in a party a popup will apear at the top of the screen, great feature for those having a hard time getting a group. Rifts also give very nice exp, and Rewards so some people just chase them around all day.

PvP seems to happen in massive scale often during a faction raid event the opposing faction will come and try make you fail the event, by piggy backing on the bosses you are fighting and kill the raid off, which adds an extra challenge when trying to do an event. There was over 300 players on screen during the last large scale beta raid Faction vs Faction vs Event and i suffered 0 server lag, my frames did drop but barely knowticable, the way there servers work is impressive, this is coming from a player in New Zealand playing on NA servers that often suffers from extreme lag.
There is also currently 2 PvP battlegrounds that you can que in if thats your style, these also give you exp and faction. I gained a couple lvls just pvping.

The game offers medium challenge with an easy learning curve due to the similaritys to other mmo's, I think this will be a solid MMO for a guild to enjoy a game together have fun and relax either compeditive or social.

I could add more details but those that are interested have already tried beta or have researched it already.

So whos playing? give me some numbers if any^^
Back to top Go down
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 4:13 am

Been considering it, but just can't bring myself up to play it.
Gonna sit it out untill GW2 I think
Back to top Go down
Regalis
Commander
Commander
Regalis

Male
Number of posts : 1438
IGN[Game NickName] : Regalis, FxArch, Ashlan, Denna
Current Status : Happy
Registration date : 2008-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 2:31 pm

Snow wrote:
Been considering it, but just can't bring myself up to play it.
Gonna sit it out untill GW2 I think
Same here. I was thinking about playing Rift for a while but with so many great mmorpgs coming up it will just be a waste of time and money :(
Back to top Go down
http://www.cebt-tribe.com
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 2:09 pm

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/306127/page/1

thread like those been starting now.anyone looking to play in release best consider just get normal sub instead of 6 months for safe bet.

personally i think its a pretty decent mmo.just dont like the graphic style and the strange class names heh.

if they take rift concept a bit further and really destroy the village and ppl will have to wait a long time for npc to rebuilt village it might be more fun that way

right now rift in game is like a program that like a daily event that occur too often but no lasting impression since everything is the same.this is why i am hesitate on gw2 also since i worry they using around same thing as rift but in a smarter manner.nevertheless i will test gw2 since snow so highly recommend it heh.plus the graphics for gw2 is not bad in my view
Back to top Go down
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 3:21 pm

Shu, another important point about GW2 is the fact it's buy to play.
That way a lot more of our community could actually afford to play it.
And at the same time this system kills the annoying cash shop spend to win mechanics.
Back to top Go down
Facade
Advisory Board
Advisory Board
Facade

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 4:10 pm

Snow wrote:
Shu, another important point about GW2 is the fact it's buy to play.
That way a lot more of our community could actually afford to play it.
And at the same time this system kills the annoying cash shop spend to win mechanics.

Is it definately confirmed B2P as the first one was? and when is it due for release? I havent looked at GW2 at all yet. I did play GW1 for many years though just for the pvp
Back to top Go down
madryno
Celestial Guard
Celestial Guard
madryno

Male
Number of posts : 196
IGN[Game NickName] : madryno
Registration date : 2009-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 7:50 pm

lol damn i quit GW before it was even B2P, strictly download and play when I got in. Hope GW2 stays B2P, id be all over that
Back to top Go down
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 9:59 pm

It's been confirmed that it's going to be B2P
Don't ask me to look up in which of the interviews lol
Back to top Go down
Regalis
Commander
Commander
Regalis

Male
Number of posts : 1438
IGN[Game NickName] : Regalis, FxArch, Ashlan, Denna
Current Status : Happy
Registration date : 2008-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 2:03 am

Snow wrote:
It's been confirmed that it's going to be B2P
Don't ask me to look up in which of the interviews lol
Just look in the FAQ: http://www.guildwars2.com/en/world/faq/#five thumbs up
Back to top Go down
http://www.cebt-tribe.com
Facade
Advisory Board
Advisory Board
Facade

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 1:26 am

On February 15th Trion will lift the veil on their upcoming MMORPG Rift™ with a six-day open beta event, giving all would-be Defiants and Guardians the opportunity to preview the epic world of Telara before the game launches worldwide on March 1st. Servers are scheduled to be open from 10:00 AM PST on Tuesday, February 15th to 10:00 AM PST on Monday, February 21st, giving users a taste of Telara, including two playable factions, the first 42 levels of play, three PvP warfronts, and several zones and dungeons to explore.

Sign up now at www.riftgame.com/betasignup for a guaranteed spot in the “Telara the Merciless” beta event, and secure your spot in the Rift head start period (February 24-March 1) by pre-ordering the game now at http://www.riftgame.com/preorder.
Back to top Go down
Evocator
Raider
Raider
Evocator

Male
Number of posts : 806
Current Status : unknown
Registration date : 2008-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 2:18 am

The IGN review is as I predicted. ^^
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 3:31 am

well no surprised there heh.
Back to top Go down
Snow
The Almighty Banana
The Almighty Banana
Snow

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 2:33 pm

Rawr as expected
Back to top Go down
Facade
Advisory Board
Advisory Board
Facade

Male

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 8:07 pm

I'm playing rift in the spare time i have at my brothers place.

playing on the Seastone pvp server, IGN: Eclipse, Guild: Almost Famous, if ya decide to play, if ya cant find me talk to Phantom or Sky, in game and mention my name to get an invite^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara   Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heroes of Telara aka Rift: Planes of Telara
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next