Aetherius Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aetherius Network

International multi-gaming guild since 2006.

HomeAetheriusEventsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Come chat with us on Discord! It's where everyone is at now! https://discord.gg/aBSngGf
Check out our Aetherius Network Facebook Page to see upcoming news and/or enter giveaways.
Follow us on Twitter!

Warrior Epic

Go down 
+2
Evocator
Noiselessrope
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Noiselessrope
Trooper
Trooper
Noiselessrope

Male
Number of posts : 25
IGN[Game NickName] : Conall
Current Status : Active
Registration date : 2009-01-26

Warrior Epic Empty
PostSubject: Warrior Epic   Warrior Epic Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 12:13 am

Warrior Epic is a free, easy play, quick matches game. Reminds me of Gauntlet, Gauntlet Legends series.

Site
http://www.warriorepic.com/home/
Back to top Go down
Evocator
Raider
Raider
Evocator

Male
Number of posts : 806
Current Status : unknown
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Warrior Epic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior Epic   Warrior Epic Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 11:59 pm

I noticed this title is about to launch by end of March 09.

Quite a healthy selection of character classes
http://www.warriorepic.com/media/index.php?p=trailers3&s=Trail

Officially the final closed beta phase, CB2, is about to start anytime this couple of weeks.

I'll try registering for a forum and CB2 key. If I lack the time for it but get one (fingers crossed), I'll msg it to anyone interested.

Last edited by Evocator on Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Warrior Epic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior Epic   Warrior Epic Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 3:32 am

i will definitely try this one out together with twelve sky 2
Back to top Go down
Evocator
Raider
Raider
Evocator

Male

Warrior Epic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior Epic   Warrior Epic Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 10:24 am

Ok. I've got in touch with a couple of the TGI staff thats handling Warrior Epic. Here's a some useful info about this game.

For general info, listen to this documentary at http://www.warriorepic.com/media/index.php?p=trailers&s=Trail

I threw forth some tough questions at their forum site such as:
Q1. Since this isn't WoW, how much % of hours is spent on 'grinding' for leveling?
Q2. Is the in-game communication of WE(chat, pm, etc) easily abused?
Q3. Is in-game gold tradable between players?

Got the following replies:

Q1. Since the game is instance/mission based, I suppose you could consider each mission a "quest". Although, you may have to do the same ones multiple times before your warrior advances, depending on how many missions are available.

Q2. The game is lobby/ party based, so you only communicate with the people
are the people who are in your party. Although the Lobby chat is another story because you can talk to anyone who isn't in a party and idling in the lobby. But this doesn't really matter because the majority of the time you'll be in a party doing a mission with your friend.

Q3. CS items will be of strictly vanity value and non tradeable. Regarding gold, they're working on some system, but TGI can't reveal what it is yet.

Bottom line, I get the impression TGI is making a diablo2 style instanced play mmo in the face of rampant gold-farming these days.
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male
Number of posts : 10794
IGN[Game NickName] : Ashura/Iori Yagami
Current Status : Busy at Work
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Warrior Epic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior Epic   Warrior Epic Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 8:03 am

lol i cant even register for beta in their website.

ask for mm/dd/yy but only allow 4 space in their flash registeration. heh
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Warrior Epic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior Epic   Warrior Epic Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 8:30 am

lulz Shu ... :D ... i don't know about that ... i used a beta account from a guild member to play the beta ... i luv the game ... but being an instance based mmo ... u need ppl to do misions with .. so without friends to play with it sucks ..
Back to top Go down
Evocator
Raider
Raider
Evocator

Male

Warrior Epic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior Epic   Warrior Epic Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 8:43 am

Ashura wrote:
lol i cant even register for beta in their website.

ask for mm/dd/yy but only allow 4 space in their flash registeration. heh

i registered. but no news about CB2 phase yet. sigh.

Dun worry, I'll share with you my key if i get one (assuming i do). Will msn it to u. I doubt i can play much during the day due to work. But since it's an instanced based mmo, grinding will hopefully be absent - ideal for working adults
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Warrior Epic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior Epic   Warrior Epic Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 9:25 am

grinding in this mmo is doing same missions over and over again until u lvl up , then u get different misions with a higher grade of dificulty ... also there is a fast lvl'ing strategy ... u do high lvl's misions being a low lvl with other high lvl ppl ... but that means u do nothing the rest in the pt do all the job ... xD

if u are rich that's not a problem ... u don't die that easy ... but the problem is u have limited hp pots during a mission ... u also have resurrect statues ... only if u die like 3 times on a mision u die 4 good ... if the rest of the pt finish the mission they get all the exp and cash rewards xD ... then after mission end u have to go to graveyard and pay a fee to get back ur dead char ...

there are like 8 different chars ... some u unlock after u get to a certain lvl with ur primary hero and u can purchase them with ingame cash ... i'm not sure if this applies to every hero
Back to top Go down
Evocator
Raider
Raider
Evocator

Male

Warrior Epic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior Epic   Warrior Epic Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 9:58 am

Loki wrote:
grinding in this mmo is doing same missions over and over again until u lvl up , then u get different misions with a higher grade of dificulty ... also there is a fast lvl'ing strategy ... u do high lvl's misions being a low lvl with other high lvl ppl ... but that means u do nothing the rest in the pt do all the job ... xD

That's why it reminds me of the old diablo 2; I remember the old days when i used high lvl toon to help friends power-level new toon and they do the same for me. Of course one must come up with agreements over which days are for who.

I can see some advantages here:
1. Goldfarm/advert spams tend to be non-existent in lobby/session games like this
2. Absence of non-productive traveling common found in many 'fetch+carry' tasks in persistant server world mmos.

Disadvantage:
1. Likely a limited cap of players allowed per session.

Not sure if it can even be considered an mmo, hence I'll judge from trying the CB2 test phase.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Warrior Epic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior Epic   Warrior Epic Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 5:59 pm

last time i played the party was limited to 4 members ... maybe they raised it ... anyway it's a fun way to spend some free time with ur friends :) ... the quests u have are not easy either .. so it's a challenge as well :)
Back to top Go down
Evocator
Raider
Raider
Evocator

Male

Warrior Epic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior Epic   Warrior Epic Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 1:19 am

TGI's main admin rep has posted these replies to my topic inquiries:

Player progression
WE's "grinding" (if you can call it that...) is a bit odd to measure in terms of definite & estimated time frames. % of hours spent grinding in WoW *mainly* serves one purpose (unless you've got a twink...other extenuating circumstances): To level up. WE's level system has a few more layers than the traditional MMORPG. In sense, there are 2 main levels: Hall Level and Warrior Level. There are different things you can get with Hall Level, and same with Warrior Level. Basically, the % of time spent leveling up yields rewards on both ends. I can't go into further detail, but it's safe to say that you'll find out soon. Warrior Epic Icon_e_smile

Exploitation of Communication features
Abused? Are you referring to annoying "BUY WE GOLD HERE" shouts? This is certainly addressed, and in the works to avoid.

Goldfarmers
Ahh...I guess however long it takes for the goldfarmers to figure a way around our system. The last thing we want to do is have an inflated game economy. We've been working furiously to see all the angles and provide solutions to avoid these potential issues. Ideally, I'd say...They'll never start selling WE "gold". But realistically speaking, we'd work with countering those attempts. I hope this helps.

Item mall pricing
This is a difficult question to answer with just one scope. Because there are many types of playstyles, player objectives, player morals, it's hard to gauge this estimate. This is one of metrics that will be observed during our beta tests. From there, we can certainly figure a happy medium.
Hope this helps clear some stuff up.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Warrior Epic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior Epic   Warrior Epic Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 4:27 am

well like usual the answers they provide are too ambiguous becuz it's still in beta phase ... the best way to see what is what is to test it urself :)
only a few days left until the next beta
Back to top Go down
h1ro
Captain
Captain
h1ro

Male
Number of posts : 181
IGN[Game NickName] : graf // h1ro
Current Status : Normal
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Warrior Epic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior Epic   Warrior Epic Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 4:50 am

I registered too.

Now in free time im playing Rohan (yes back again). But i might try new ones ^_^
Back to top Go down
Evocator
Raider
Raider
Evocator

Male

Warrior Epic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior Epic   Warrior Epic Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 12:26 am

I recently got myself an invite email(they picked about 150 participants) to what was in my opinion, an overdue closed beta:

You’ve been selected to join True Games’ Community Sneak Peek: Alpha Preview!
As a participant, we ask that you fill out the experience survey which
will be emailed to you after the hours of Sneak Peek are over. Your
feedback will help shape Warrior Epic into the best game it can
possibly become!
As stated in the email invitation, this event is only scheduled for
Friday, April 3, 2009 from the hours of 6:00PM – 9:00PM PST. After
which, the servers will be closed until the next Sneak Peek event
(Yes! There will be more windows of operation!).

Obviously i missed the first session of sneak peak (1 day late); too sudden!
:tantrum:
Hope i will be alert enough for the next one. I'm updating the test client as i post this. Neglected to read the NDA though. :P But I'll try to answer any questions here, so for those interested, just post them here.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Warrior Epic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior Epic   Warrior Epic Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 8:56 am

damn i didn't get an invitation ... oh well ... i am interested in how can i get the other characters ... u need to be a certain lvl or pay a certain amount of cash ... i played it like half a year ago .. but i'm sure lots have changed since then ...
Back to top Go down
Evocator
Raider
Raider
Evocator

Male

Warrior Epic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior Epic   Warrior Epic Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 9:04 am

I fear i might miss out on such sudden notices. I work from 8am to 5.30pm (gmt+8)...not sure how pst timezone will be like during my local hours.

It will be a bummer if i cant try it despite being one of the lucky few. Maybe I should share the alpha client link with someone here. Not sure if it violates NDA tho..

shu? loki? anyone?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Warrior Epic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior Epic   Warrior Epic Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 9:59 am

not sure what it says in the NDA , when i played i used an account i got from some1 ... as long as u don't tell any1 about this should be ok ;) ... i'm preety busy 2 ... not sure how much i can play this atm ... i am also waiting for YS online to go CB next week or so ...
12 sky 2 didn't appeal to me much ... too simplistic in gameplay and content ...
Back to top Go down
Evocator
Raider
Raider
Evocator

Male

Warrior Epic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior Epic   Warrior Epic Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 10:37 am

Alrite. I'll try my best to scout this out then. Hope the next round doesn't occur during my working hours. For the curious, this is what the current beta launch client will look like:
Warrior Epic Webeta

Just in case it does occur again during my work hours, I'll gladly provide the game launching client link as well as my account login, to whoever here that thinks s/he can test it.

One partner only though. Ideally shu but i understand he's likely occupied. Simply pm me here at the forum.
Back to top Go down
Dias
Commander
Commander
Dias

Male
Number of posts : 1396
IGN[Game NickName] : Dias Trakand
Current Status : Happy
Registration date : 2008-04-05

Warrior Epic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior Epic   Warrior Epic Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 11:18 am

lol , what? I played a beta of this game before rohan's OB , wth is this now?
Back to top Go down
Airy
Captain
Captain
Airy

Male
Number of posts : 320
IGN[Game NickName] : Airy
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Warrior Epic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior Epic   Warrior Epic Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 2:27 pm

Hmm seems interesting. Signed up XD.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Warrior Epic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior Epic   Warrior Epic Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 4:32 pm

Dias wrote:
lol , what? I played a beta of this game before rohan's OB , wth is this now?

yea this mmo been in beta stage 4 almost an year now ... it's not a bad game but being an instanced mmo needs more content added to appeal to the masses ... i think it's only a small team working on this one .. that's why is moving on so slowly
Back to top Go down
h1ro
Captain
Captain
h1ro

Male

Warrior Epic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior Epic   Warrior Epic Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 9:48 am

I would like to check this beta too.

Im in European time, but for example this whole week im free 24h.

Im interrested only in 1/2 days testing.
Back to top Go down
Evocator
Raider
Raider
Evocator

Male

Warrior Epic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior Epic   Warrior Epic Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 7:54 am

Ok h1ro. I'm gonna message you (on this forum) the client download link as well as my cbeta approved account login name/pwd. Note that the WE web server often goes down at odd hours for development changes so the link might not be active.
Back to top Go down
h1ro
Captain
Captain
h1ro

Male

Warrior Epic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior Epic   Warrior Epic Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 7:11 am

Ehh... thxd for account sharing but... its a shame that i cant even get to link You posted to accept NDA and download client ^_^

Non stop unavailable.
Back to top Go down
Evocator
Raider
Raider
Evocator

Male

Warrior Epic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior Epic   Warrior Epic Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 7:29 am

h1ro wrote:
Ehh... thxd for account sharing but... its a shame that i cant even get to link You posted to accept NDA and download client ^_^

Non stop unavailable.

Ya. I guess u have to try it again when the website isnt on maintenance. do inform me if u need another re-send of the link.

ps. hope i can find more partners like ya for sharing game accounts in future...hard to find one that lives in the pst zone. >_<
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Warrior Epic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warrior Epic   Warrior Epic Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warrior Epic
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next