Aetherius Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aetherius Network

International multi-gaming guild since 2006.

HomeAetheriusEventsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Come chat with us on Discord! It's where everyone is at now! https://discord.gg/aBSngGf
Check out our Aetherius Network Facebook Page to see upcoming news and/or enter giveaways.
Follow us on Twitter!

Champions Online!

Go down 
+3
Shu
YueYii
Noiselessrope
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Noiselessrope
Trooper
Trooper
Noiselessrope

Male
Number of posts : 25
IGN[Game NickName] : Conall
Current Status : Active
Registration date : 2009-01-26

Champions Online! Empty
PostSubject: Champions Online!   Champions Online! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 11:22 pm

Same people who brought you City of Heroes, and City of Villains! But now Champions Online! Another Super Hero MMO that is even more customizable then COH and COV, and you can create your arch nemisis who will follow you through out the whole game when you do quests!! It will be on PC and Xbox360.

Heres the main website.

http://www.champions-online.com/
Back to top Go down
YueYii
Inner Court
Inner Court
YueYii

Female
Number of posts : 540
IGN[Game NickName] : Kryyn
Registration date : 2008-04-13

Champions Online! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Champions Online!   Champions Online! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 3:24 am

Yes, I know that the original post is old, but for anyone interested Champions Online is slated for release September 1, 2009.  I'm pretty sure that I will give it a try since I've been playing CoH/CoV since 2005... and I'm bored as Helllllll with it. lol  I think it'll be interesting seeing what the differences and/or similarities between the two games are.
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male
Number of posts : 10794
IGN[Game NickName] : Ashura/Iori Yagami
Current Status : Busy at Work
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Champions Online! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Champions Online!   Champions Online! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 7:02 am

i will wait for u to test it and give your review for it yue :)
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

Champions Online! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Champions Online!   Champions Online! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 1:00 pm

In Champions Online, where everyone is supposed to be a super-powered hero, how do you explain those heroes beating the snot out of each other? Cryptic has obviously given this question some thought and just recently they revealed their plans and Champions Online Daily News has the details.

Champions Online - Supervillian Lairs Trailer

There are three kinds of PvP encounters planned for launch and the whole system pays homage to the creators of Champions Online, Hero Games. The Hero Games is a system of sanctioned and unsanctioned PvP that branches into three areas: one-on-one dueling, a free-for-all zone known as Bash and the fully sponsor endorsed Millennium City Ultimate Tournament of Champions -- where players can queue up and go into combat alone or in a group of five friends.

Champions Online

Click here for full image

According to Cryptic, the ultimate goal is to have PvP available to players no matter where they are in the game world. We're just wondering if this will be enough for people who do want PvP and if those who don't care will bother all too much with the system. Hopefully it all works out come September.

Champions Online

Click here for full image

Champions Online

Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

Champions Online! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Champions Online!   Champions Online! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 12:24 pm

Champions Online will kick off the open beta on August 17. But iit doesn't mean that everyone can get access to it even you have made a pre-order. It's announced that it's 50,000 slots for the beta and under the rule of first come, first served. The registration will be available on August 5 via FilePlanet.

http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/champions-online/
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

Champions Online! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Champions Online!   Champions Online! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 8:57 pm

Cryptic Studios will be offering a six month and lifetime subscription for Champions Online. Users who pony up for a six month subscription in advance receive a 33% off discount vs. a monthly subscription, as well as an Art Deco costume set, and most notably, access to the Star Trek Online closed beta test which begins later this year.

The high rollers, on the other hand, who can really afford to take a leap-of-faith, can opt for a lifetime subscription, which will offer all the same goodies that the six month subscription nets you, and more:

Lifetime Subscriptions come with:

• Access to the Star Trek Online Closed Beta, beginning later this year!

• Exclusive Art Deco costume set

• Exclusive Retro Future costume set, available only to lifetime subscribers

• Unique Mirror Universe outfit for Star Trek Online, available at the game’s release

• Exclusive in-game Foxbat action figure, available only to lifetime subscribers

• Eight additional character slots!

As I don't have a pre-order key for Champions Online, I do not know the pricing for the lifetime subscription. If you've got the details, let us know in the comments below!

UPDATE: Lifetime subscriptions will run you $199. The exclusive specials website can be found here.

Back to top Go down
Anemone
Captain
Captain

Male
Number of posts : 127
IGN[Game NickName] : Amnon
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Champions Online! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Champions Online!   Champions Online! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 9:51 pm

Lucky me i already have closed beta access to Champions online :p
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

Champions Online! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Champions Online!   Champions Online! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 9:58 pm

post a review after u test it then hehe
Back to top Go down
YueYii
Inner Court
Inner Court
YueYii

Female

Champions Online! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Champions Online!   Champions Online! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 3:25 pm

So far.... my head hurts from all the different powerset/power choices. I have re-rolled 5 or 6 times since yesterday night and still haven't decided what powers "fit" me. lol

I need a nap.

:;bed;:
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

Champions Online! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Champions Online!   Champions Online! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 7:42 pm

not sure if this is fun or not.but lifetime subscription is tempting if they can keep game running for a few years.

too bad i didn get in cb so i will wait for review :)

thing is they opening a cash mall inside.so there is a likelihood they will go the way of D&D after some time and go f2p cash mall and with premium subscribers getting extra content if they pay a monthly fee

and the guy who they hired for the job is the same guy who oversees HellGate last time so its not very assuring heh

anyway i might get in open beta and see how the game is like

While an August 17 launch for the open beta of Champions Online was once "likely to change," developer Cryptic has now confirmed that the open beta will begin that day. Those that pre-order the super-powered PC MMO from any participating retailer in North America will receive "guaranteed access" to the open beta, with various stores offering numerous other pre-order incentives, like exclusive items and a head start weekend.

oh btw u still need buy retail copy of the game even after u buy lifetime subscription so full price will be over 250 to 300 maybe hehe
Back to top Go down
YueYii
Inner Court
Inner Court
YueYii

Female

Champions Online! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Champions Online!   Champions Online! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 12:12 pm

Oh, I find CO to be fun, for sure. They do have some work to do before release, though. There are several things that if left unchanged will cause me to not play the game. I'm not sure if I can speak about them or not due to the NDA, so I'll save my mini-review for a bit.

I doubt that Blacken and I will cough up $400 for two lifetime subscriptions. Some people aren't too happy about the addition of an Item Mall, and it makes me a little hesitant about the game. I guess time will tell if folks are getting their panties in a bunch over nothing or not. heh

It took me a moment, but I think I've found my "fit" with a mix of melee and ranged powers from the Dual Blades and Supernatural power sets. Acrobatics is awesome in my opinion. There's nothing like quasi-superjumping into a group of baddies, beating the crap out of them, and then backflipping/somersaulting away. lol

Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

Champions Online! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Champions Online!   Champions Online! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 12:43 pm

post a detail review when they start open beta on aug 17 then.this section is public so i support not posting review till then ^^
Back to top Go down
Anemone
Captain
Captain

Male

Champions Online! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Champions Online!   Champions Online! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 12:52 pm

Overall so far it is very similiar to CoH/CoV the customization is pretty endless even when it comes to skills and stats.

The crafting is pretty nice to, you are able to change your weapons procs stats dmg and other stuff.

Only made it to lvl 20 so can't tell you anything about the nemesis and other stuff.

The pvp was loads of fun.

would have made a detailed review if i could have accessed more of the content, but i encourage people who can try it out when it goes OB to do so.

My char was a Crit based char with maxed out Dex/Ego/Str with guns and invul, pretty much oneshot anything at my lvl with just one skill. had a nice anti melee skill to that gave 50% more dmg if people were in melee range.
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

Champions Online! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Champions Online!   Champions Online! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 2:06 pm

what was max lvl and how fast is the grinding?
Back to top Go down
YueYii
Inner Court
Inner Court
YueYii

Female

Champions Online! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Champions Online!   Champions Online! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 2:26 pm

I think max level is 40, at the moment.

I'd say that leveling happens at a pretty good pace. I only reached level 14, though, because I did a lot of running around exploring and checking things out.

Considering that my first and only time playing was last weekend, I'd say that the grind isn't too bad. Things might get "grindier" as you get higher in level, but I didn't get to that point during the time I played.
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

Champions Online! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Champions Online!   Champions Online! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 2:42 pm

oh i dont suppose the maps is huge and numerous?

if the grind is so easy then what to keep players interests after max is hit unless they have a lot of content pve?

this is what happen to smt.good game also but after u near the max lvl
then the lack of content kind of make it much less interesting
Back to top Go down
Anemone
Captain
Captain

Male

Champions Online! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Champions Online!   Champions Online! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 3:32 pm

The maps are pretty big and there are atleast 7-10 of them that i know of and almost all fo them contain instances or mobs in various lvls from 5-40+

So far there are nice endgame contents and also including perks/medals and achievments and there will probebly be alot more.

lvling is pretty fast atleast 1-20 can easily be done in a day.

I also highly recomend customizing skills from start rather then using the premade sets in OB.

Im pretty tempted in the 6 month subscription.
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

Champions Online! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Champions Online!   Champions Online! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 5:52 pm

hehe 7-10 is pretty small.....i guessing they rushing out to retail then

yea i dont think the lifetime will be good now.at most 6 months sub

will see if i can test it on ob and see how but question now is if
champions online = COH = COV = DC universe online,then the market share
for this gene is pretty tight now considering they almost same feature
or copying one another features ^^
Back to top Go down
Anemone
Captain
Captain

Male

Champions Online! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Champions Online!   Champions Online! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 7:37 pm

The zones are pretty big and like i said earlier usually contains instances,mobs and quests for almost all lvls 1-40
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

Champions Online! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Champions Online!   Champions Online! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 1:32 am

dont think will be easy to get into open beta tot.file planet only offers keys for paid members in their subscription. ^^
Back to top Go down
Anemone
Captain
Captain

Male

Champions Online! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Champions Online!   Champions Online! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 4:20 pm

Well if my CB accounts are valid for OB i got a spare one.
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

Champions Online! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Champions Online!   Champions Online! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 6:45 pm

oh really?if u not using then give me.i want to test hehe
Back to top Go down
Sakuragi
Raider
Raider
Sakuragi

Male
Number of posts : 950
IGN[Game NickName] : Saku, Sakura, Sakii, Reiss, Zulu
Registration date : 2008-04-10

Champions Online! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Champions Online!   Champions Online! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 1:14 pm

If n e one wants to try it, go here: http://www.canardpc.com/concours/champions/

select the option with the heroes universe or w.e. and you should get a key in ur email...I got one :P
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

Champions Online! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Champions Online!   Champions Online! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 2:29 pm

cool nice hehe

thaks saku ^^

after u get the key and register it on cryptic website u can download it here

http://www.fileplanet.com/203771/download/Champions-Online-Open-Beta-Client

ob last till aug 26 so something to do heh
Back to top Go down
Sakuragi
Raider
Raider
Sakuragi

Male
Number of posts : 950
IGN[Game NickName] : Saku, Sakura, Sakii, Reiss, Zulu
Registration date : 2008-04-10

Champions Online! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Champions Online!   Champions Online! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 3:28 pm

yea but i hate dling from fileplanet...fuckin thing keeps messing up >< like times out or some error while dling ><
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Champions Online! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Champions Online!   Champions Online! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Champions Online!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next