Aetherius Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aetherius Network

International multi-gaming guild since 2006.

HomeAetheriusEventsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Come chat with us on Discord! It's where everyone is at now! https://discord.gg/aBSngGf
Check out our Aetherius Network Facebook Page to see upcoming news and/or enter giveaways.
Follow us on Twitter!

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - When Cicadas Cry (A Higurashi Mythology)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Neoyoshi
Grandpa
Grandpa
Neoyoshi

Male
Number of posts : 1711
IGN[Game NickName] : Neoyoshi
Current Status : Happy
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni  - When Cicadas Cry (A Higurashi Mythology) Empty
PostSubject: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - When Cicadas Cry (A Higurashi Mythology)   Higurashi no Naku Koro ni  - When Cicadas Cry (A Higurashi Mythology) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 12:39 pm

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni  - When Cicadas Cry (A Higurashi Mythology) Higurashi_no_Naku_Koro_ni_logo
Season 1:
When Cicadas Cry (26 episodes - 2006)
Season 2: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai (24 episodes - 2007)
Genre: Japanese Horror/Murder/Psychological/Mystery/Mature
S1 Torrent: http://www.mininova.org/tor/1033183
S2 Torrent: http://www.mininova.org/tor/1140204
Stream portal for S1: http://animeseed.com/index.php/site-content/anime-pages/higurashi-no-naku-koro-ni/?p=207

I came across this series by accident about 2 months ago and i haven't been able to think about any other anime since; though i haven't really had a chance to devote myself to it until this week. (vacation)

Now mind you, i started watching this series the wrong way, because theirs 2 seasons to this anime(3 if you count the OVA, and theirs a live action movie as well), i accidentally watched the first 4 episodes of the second season first; because it's very hard to not know the difference unless someone told you other-wise.

Okey....uhmm, well first off this series is sort of complicated; so first I'll just stick with the simplicity.

You can't really watch this anime with a linear perspective in mind, the story itself; is comprised of several different Arcs; in the manga it's further complicated; but in the anime they separate these arc's through Chapters, so when watching, keep in mind that the chapters themselves act as your flow of story, not the episodes; i hope that makes sense.

Now this is just the first season I'm talking about - Ho Ho Ho Hooo, I'm not even going to try and explain the complexities of Season two; you'll just have to let yourself figure that all out on your own.

As for sources: (now mind you Megavideo has this new 72 minute viewing policy, so if i were you, download the episodes via torrent.)

Screenshots: Warning, Mature content - [Gore]
Spoiler:

Season 1 Opening

Also keep in mind that the anime is just one small portion of the Higurashi universe; theirs the PC games as well as the console games, novels, light novels, drama CDs , the list goes on, but the Games in comparison carry far more Story arcs and over-all substance to the mythology.

Last edited by Neoyoshi on Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Neoyoshi
Grandpa
Grandpa
Neoyoshi

Male

PostSubject: Re: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - When Cicadas Cry (A Higurashi Mythology)   Higurashi no Naku Koro ni  - When Cicadas Cry (A Higurashi Mythology) Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 6:16 pm

Alight, i just finished watching and completing the first Chapter; or shall we say "story arc" it took my awhile to digest it as towards the end of this chapter it brings you to the edge of your seat; and i have to admit, i was afraid of what would happen next, it was pretty frightening.

Chapter 1: Demoned Away (four parts)

The following noted outline doesn't exactly spoil the over-all outcome, but may give too much away, read only if you feel you need something to hook you into watching it - to read click the spoiler.
Spoiler:

And yes I'm going to be doing this type of summery for each chapter, haha.

Next chapter is called: Watanagashi (? parts)
Back to top Go down
Neoyoshi
Grandpa
Grandpa
Neoyoshi

Male

PostSubject: Re: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - When Cicadas Cry (A Higurashi Mythology)   Higurashi no Naku Koro ni  - When Cicadas Cry (A Higurashi Mythology) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 4:37 pm

Finished the Watanagashi chapter, it's four parts just like Demoned away; things pretty much run in the same pace and flow as the previous chapter.

Spoiler Alert! - This is just a personal notation regarding Chapter Watanagashi, read only if you've already watched this chapter.

Spoiler:

Forgot the name of the next chapter, hehe; but I'll be waiting a bit before i continue, watching this show seems to drain me completely, i don't know if it's the level of brutality; or if it's just the thought of this murderous cycle continuing over and over and over - with no glimmer of hope in sight. (kind of depressing)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - When Cicadas Cry (A Higurashi Mythology)   Higurashi no Naku Koro ni  - When Cicadas Cry (A Higurashi Mythology) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - When Cicadas Cry (A Higurashi Mythology)
Page 1 of 1