Aetherius Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aetherius Network

International multi-gaming guild since 2006.

HomeAetheriusEventsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Come chat with us on Discord! It's where everyone is at now! https://discord.gg/aBSngGf
Check out our Aetherius Network Facebook Page to see upcoming news and/or enter giveaways.
Follow us on Twitter!

The Chronicles of Spellborn

Go down 
+7
LordOfSkulls
Airy
Monsoon
ash
Anemone
Shu
ReAr
11 posters
AuthorMessage
ReAr
Captain
Captain
ReAr

Male
Number of posts : 338
IGN[Game NickName] : ReAranger
Registration date : 2008-06-27

The Chronicles of Spellborn Empty
PostSubject: The Chronicles of Spellborn   The Chronicles of Spellborn Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 9:00 am

http://www.tcos.com

not out in beta as of yet, seems ok on the surface as most do.

wiki

http://wikiborn.tcos.com/index.php/Main_Page
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male
Number of posts : 10794
IGN[Game NickName] : Ashura/Iori Yagami
Current Status : Busy at Work
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Spellborn   The Chronicles of Spellborn Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 12:10 pm

its suppose to be p2p right?

i know of this game a few months back.not sure why i skip it.i forgot the reason heh
Back to top Go down
Anemone
Captain
Captain

Male
Number of posts : 127
IGN[Game NickName] : Amnon
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Spellborn   The Chronicles of Spellborn Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 12:15 pm

It's p2p yep, i was waiting for this game but it's been pushed back so far now but still want to test it out since it's combat system is highly reliable on skill and almost no epics or uber grinder advantage in pvp.

Also they got Within temptation music in it ^^
Back to top Go down
ash
Commander
Commander
ash

Male
Number of posts : 710
IGN[Game NickName] : Ordain,Arthorius,Vaandrin
Current Status : Active
Registration date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Spellborn   The Chronicles of Spellborn Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 1:47 am

O.o nice within temptation guess ill check it out
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Spellborn   The Chronicles of Spellborn Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 3:31 am

its close beta now?i wonder if they allow ob testing.if yes i might test it
Back to top Go down
Monsoon
Trooper
Trooper

Male
Number of posts : 31
IGN[Game NickName] : Pavement
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Spellborn   The Chronicles of Spellborn Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 10:13 am

Its sais FTP on the Acclaim website.
Back to top Go down
Airy
Captain
Captain
Airy

Male
Number of posts : 320
IGN[Game NickName] : Airy
Current Status : Normal

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Spellborn   The Chronicles of Spellborn Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 12:24 am

Wahhh I forgot about this game. The site used to be so laggy. Thought it'd be beta by now too =\. I remember reading somewhere the gears and other stuff barely affect gameplay. So there shouldn't be too much of an advantage but who knows... If it's f2p then cash shop items just might ruin the balance (provided the skills themselves are balanced).
Back to top Go down
ReAr
Captain
Captain
ReAr

Male
Number of posts : 338
IGN[Game NickName] : ReAranger
Registration date : 2008-06-27

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Spellborn   The Chronicles of Spellborn Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 5:26 pm

Acclaim Games announced the official launch date for the North American version of The Chronicles of Spellborn which is scheduled for release on November 27, 2008. The North American version of Spellborn will be commercialized as a free-to-play game with an optional premium service to access further content and gameplay.

TCoS is NOT a Free2Play game.

There is indeed a Free2Play ZONE, ie the starting area. We, Devs, are still looking into the extent of said area. That means, that you, players, can test the game for free, and then have to go for a regular subscription to continue playing the game and level up your character. No subscription equals to being stuck in free2play zone.

Second, there are NO item malls, there is NO item selling.

To sum up:

You can play the beginning of the game for free. This allows you to see whether you like Spellborn or not. If you do like it (we hope so :)), then you go for a subscription and that's it! Nothing more, nothing less, just go ahead and continue playing.

Rather than offering the usual "14 days trial" or similar, we decided to go for this free2play starting zone. This will allow you more time to get a good feel on the combat system and on the questing, and in general to give a good impression on what Spellborn is all about.

At the end of the day, if you want to have a character and level it, access all the gameplay and zones of the game, you go for the regular subscription.

I repeat, TCoS is NOT FREE2PLAY. There is ONLY a ZONE with Free access. Of course, there will be limitations as in it is not possible to travel and explore ALL the zones of Spellborn with this free account. To explore, level up and continue beyond the starting area, a subscription is needed.

The Free2Play zone is nothing more than a trial period, which you already know from many other MMOs out there. We simply assume that Spellborn would gain more attention by offering such model, in comparison to the 14 days trial, and would give you more time to become familiar with the combat system and gameplay, without the concern of loosing days of play because of RL events/work/etc, preventing you from playing. I think it's even more fair for you guys.

Long story short is looking like lvls 1-10 are f2p anything after is p2p
Back to top Go down
LordOfSkulls
Commander
Commander
LordOfSkulls

Number of posts : 523
Registration date : 2008-04-10

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Spellborn   The Chronicles of Spellborn Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 5:30 pm

O.o I okay i like this game even more now...... NO ITEM Mall O.o <3...... and this would be probally best game to play base on looking at the game's PVP system/gameplay it wonderfully done.... IT MORE ABOUT skill/knowing skills than about loot/level... ;P that means a Vet level 1 could beat level 10 while it those help having High armor/weapons :) if u suck u suck no matter if ur level 1 or 50 ;P.

P2P O.o Is not bad either.....
1. I saw people like Shu and other Spend more in Rohan in under 1 month.... than it would cost a year of subscreation.

2. Rich people dont have the advantage of becoming stronger faster/easier time cause their is no ITEM MALL so everyone that subscribies can do w/e they want.

3. O.o THE PVP system is GREAT i mean... you an acutly dodge in this game and be more about skill of a player than the equipment.

4. The game looks pretty well done and appealing O.o and it has been in making for very long time.

5. It coming this November SO alot sooner than Runes Of Magic and other MMORPGS... O.o and this one i find most appealing....

O.o So currently my heart/mind is set on this game ;)
Back to top Go down
ash
Commander
Commander
ash

Male
Number of posts : 710
IGN[Game NickName] : Ordain,Arthorius,Vaandrin
Current Status : Active

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Spellborn   The Chronicles of Spellborn Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 1:16 am

i gts a beta key lols
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Spellborn   The Chronicles of Spellborn Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 12:21 pm

LordOfSkulls wrote:
O.o I okay i like this game even more now...... NO ITEM Mall O.o <3...... and this would be probally best game to play base on looking at the game's PVP system/gameplay it wonderfully done.... IT MORE ABOUT skill/knowing skills than about loot/level... ;P that means a Vet level 1 could beat level 10 while it those help having High armor/weapons :) if u suck u suck no matter if ur level 1 or 50 ;P.

P2P O.o Is not bad either.....
1. I saw people like Shu and other Spend more in Rohan in under 1 month.... than it would cost a year of subscreation.

2. Rich people dont have the advantage of becoming stronger faster/easier time cause their is no ITEM MALL so everyone that subscribies can do w/e they want.

3. O.o THE PVP system is GREAT i mean... you an acutly dodge in this game and be more about skill of a player than the equipment.

4. The game looks pretty well done and appealing O.o and it has been in making for very long time.

5. It coming this November SO alot sooner than Runes Of Magic and other MMORPGS... O.o and this one i find most appealing....

O.o So currently my heart/mind is set on this game ;)

btw skully, there a shin megami tensei mmo so i think your mindset is going to change lol
Back to top Go down
LordOfSkulls
Commander
Commander
LordOfSkulls

Number of posts : 523
Registration date : 2008-04-10

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Spellborn   The Chronicles of Spellborn Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 3:56 pm

lol >.> it did...... before i saw u write this... ;P

But who knows the starting area in Chronicles is FREE2Play... so it gives u taste of the game.......

so i can see if i like it......

:P so it before CB of Shin.... ;P so i can try that out and than try out Shin :P

Games that focuse too much on PVP i noticed >.> keeps failing.....

it needs to be PVE 80% and 20% PVP... from what i noticed probally why WoW is still biggest MMO....
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Spellborn   The Chronicles of Spellborn Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 7:01 pm

lol skully man have to wait till dec to play shin CB english one
Back to top Go down
Hobby
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Hobby

Male
Number of posts : 88
IGN[Game NickName] : Panic
Current Status : Studying
Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Spellborn   The Chronicles of Spellborn Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 12:22 am

TCoS went f2p so all you people that wanted to try it before but didnt because it was p2p now is your chance!

Last edited by Hobby on Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:35 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Spellborn   The Chronicles of Spellborn Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 12:27 am

try search first.

i will delete the next duplicate thread i see in this section if i am too busy to merge topic ^^
Back to top Go down
Hobby
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Hobby

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Spellborn   The Chronicles of Spellborn Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 12:28 am

Lol did not find a tcos post anywhere, guess i was wrong :S
sry bout that shu, i just edited the post and deleted all the other stuff :P
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Spellborn   The Chronicles of Spellborn Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 12:44 am

its ok hobby.

my post was directed at everyone.not just u ^^
Back to top Go down
Thania
Captain
Captain
Thania

Female
Number of posts : 207
IGN[Game NickName] : Thania
Registration date : 2008-04-24

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Spellborn   The Chronicles of Spellborn Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 11:50 am

I play this ! its sooo fun !
Back to top Go down
Regalis
Commander
Commander
Regalis

Male
Number of posts : 1438
IGN[Game NickName] : Regalis, FxArch, Ashlan, Denna
Current Status : Happy
Registration date : 2008-11-11

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Spellborn   The Chronicles of Spellborn Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 2:51 am

Me too! D: I love Spellborn!

Then again, as Snow knows, trying to kill a boar for 10 minutes and still getting owned made me /ragequit a number of times X_X
Back to top Go down
http://www.cebt-tribe.com
AxLR0Se
Commander
Commander
AxLR0Se

Male
Number of posts : 1337
IGN[Game NickName] : AxLR0Se/SpongeBoB
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Spellborn   The Chronicles of Spellborn Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 6:04 pm

lol..Didn't i tell you guys this game wouldn't survive as p2p? I saw this coming. ^^
So now its completely free? I might try it..How's the pvp? all i see is arena :/
I have free time during the weekends to play a f2p, likely to end up in Aika though

And the reason it wouldn't survive as a p2p is the game doesn't offer enough to compete in the p2p market against games like Warhammer, WoW, Aion, etc.
Not saying its a bad game, but for people to want to spend $50 on a game and $15 monthly they need to give more.
Back to top Go down
Hobby
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Hobby

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Spellborn   The Chronicles of Spellborn Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 10:24 am

That was the main reason i didnt play TCoS when it first came out, but its pretty fun. PvP/ fighting in general feels alot like as if you were playing Fable or some people think its more like morrowind. In pvp there are arenas, (2v2 or 4v4) pit fights, (medium size circle were everyone can get in and have a free for all or just 1v1) and open pvp (pk) in most areas except towns or begginer area, that is if you join the pvp server. In pve server there is only open pvp in the lv 50 areas (max lv in the game.) once the game goes 100% F2P and add a cashshop they will add things such as guild vrs guild and other new things to the pvp aspect of the game.
Back to top Go down
Thania
Captain
Captain
Thania

Female
Number of posts : 207
IGN[Game NickName] : Thania
Registration date : 2008-04-24

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Spellborn   The Chronicles of Spellborn Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 10:30 am

Right now this game sux balls for me, cuz I got alot of problems connecting to it. Server is real crap, plenty of bugs everywhere... not sure I'll stay lol
Back to top Go down
Shu
Celestial Council
Celestial Council
Shu

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Spellborn   The Chronicles of Spellborn Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 9:12 pm

Back in August 2009, The Chronicles of Spellborn became free-to-play so Acclaim could move forward with plans to re-develop the game. The Acclaim team recently posted an update on the official forums, and it looks like "Spellborn Version Two" is on its way. Here are the details straight from CEO Howard Marks:

"The developer has released the new version in Japan, and based on the success of that launch and the fine tuning of the game, we will keep you informed as to when we shall launch the English version of the game. When we do, we will be inviting registered players of the old version, who have valid email addresses on file, to become our beta players."

The free-to-play version of the game is still up and running, so check it out while we wait for more concrete information regarding Acclaim's launch plans for the new Chronicles of Spellborn.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Chronicles of Spellborn   The Chronicles of Spellborn Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Chronicles of Spellborn
Page 1 of 1